• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT2| Punch Your Way to Your Own World

What are the chances there will be a safari update with hippos, ostriches, and lions in the future?

I would like to see rotating blocks for windmills, muskets to deal with ghasts in the overworld, the ability to create zeppelins, ski lifts, and more diverse animals including sharks, bears, lions, ostriches, etc...

Also, the ability to craft more diverse blocks from smooth stone much like sand.

So what is the chance that the game will incorperate rotating blocks (for windmills) and more complex forms of transportations like aircrafts?

I would also like to see a wider array of animals represented in the game. Animals like ostriches, lions, hippos, sharks, and even mythological ones like sasquatches and chupacabres.

Again, is there any chance of safari animals making it into Minecraft, like sharks and ostriches?

Any chance that ostriches might make it into Minecraft?

Any chance of an official update with ostriches?

Ok, we get it, you want ostriches :p

Officially? Who knows. But there are mods.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Almost every major update they implement something that only works on newly generated chunks. I'd like them to have some kind of tool to go through your existing chunks and enable them for new items. Eg so horses spawn in current plains biomes, or a new ore gets injected into existing biomes underground etc.

Sarcasm

Anybody have good experience with bukkit side plugins? I have MCPC+ (the one with forge 738, MC 1.5.2). I got my forge mods I want and everything that works fine for most part. I have two bukkit plugins so far

Essentials w/o AntiBuild
MobBountyReloaded

I think I have most of it setup. Maybe someone can look at it. I want a plugin that:

-Rewards with money time spent on server
-SellingShop/BuyShop thing (there is a forge mod don't know if compatible with Essentials economy)
-Some kind of logging and rollback
-Way for players to protect their areas (prob purchased with ingame credits)

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
So how rare are horses, really? I went north from my house, and the first plains I found had 5 groups of them close together.

Consider yourself lucky. I traveled far and wide into several new plains biomes, and I've only found one group of three horses. Now that I have them all back at my base though I'm breeding them with golden carrots. Not having much luck getting different breeds though, it almost seems like the baby horses can only be the same type as the parents? I was hoping to get some different varieties by breeding. I may have to go out exploring more new chunks I guess.

Did find my first set of horse armor last night though, a golden set in a desert temple. No name tags yet...

EVIL

Almost every major update they implement something that only works on newly generated chunks. I'd like them to have some kind of tool to go through your existing chunks and enable them for new items. Eg so horses spawn in current plains biomes, or a new ore gets injected into existing biomes underground etc.

I actually thought this was possible after the adventure update. since they where revamping on how they would implement new biomes etc. guess they never really found a decent solution, or it got scrapped from the feature list.

Mengy

I actually thought this was possible after the adventure update. since they where revamping on how they would implement new biomes etc. guess they never really found a decent solution, or it got scrapped from the feature list.

No, before the adventure update it used to be that you had to start a whole new world to get most of the new stuff. Since Beta 1.8 the chunks now contain version info, so that you only need to generate new chunks in any world to get the new stuff.

I doubt they will ever make new updates retroactively change existing chunks in worlds, too much work involved to do that properly.

I will be changing it back on this Thursday.

5VRVKg4.gif

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Holy fuck. I just got ambushed by a child zombie villager. IN THE DAYTIME. He just came running out of nowhere! WTF???

They're apparently new in 1.6.2. That's awesome. It was like so random! And in the daytime! I was not even expecting it at all!

I slept when the night fell and walked out of the house confident that nothing would hurt me. It was so adorable. I hated to kill it. But the fucker was so fast I had no choice.

Edit: I'm kinda disappointed horses can't fit through 1 block wide spaces. Especially since fence gates are 1 block wide and there's no 2 block version. Interesting you're still 2 blocks high even when on the horse. But your head ends up inside the blocks 2 blocks above the ground.

EVIL

Edit: I'm kinda disappointed horses can't fit through 1 block wide spaces. Especially since fence gates are 1 block wide and there's no 2 block version. Interesting you're still 2 blocks high even when on the horse. But your head ends up inside the blocks 2 blocks above the ground.

yeah, those are such obvious things, I am expecting it to be included in the 1.9.0 patch :|

Mengy

Yeah, I've taken to simply jumping over my fence gates in my horse pens, lol.

WorldStar

Banned
what texture pack is everyone using?

I'm using the Sphax PureBDcraft ResourcePack but for some reason horse armor doesn't show up for me.

figured it might be time to mix it up.

I'm kinda disappointed horses can't fit through 1 block wide spaces. Especially since fence gates are 1 block wide and there's no 2 block version. Interesting you're still 2 blocks high even when on the horse. But your head ends up inside the blocks 2 blocks above the ground.
I've found that putting to gates side by side and opening them both allows you to pass through without jumping.

I know it doesn't make sense if you just look at it because it doesn't make 1 big opening but instead 2 small openings, but it works. You just need to make sure the ceiling is high enough. But yeah at least you don't have to bother jumping.

With the server back I finally did it!

nMDSR9W.jpg

Dry wasn't kidding about basic things, copper and tin, being the worst thing about making this. And many thanks to Thorn for letting me have some things that sped the process up a lot :)

Now to start my MJ factory...

PS: The server is absolutely lag free now! It's... glorious. I guess too many people had machines going 24/7 or something.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
I just discovered if you hold an item while in an inventory and shift-doubleclick on another of the same type it will transfer all items of that type into the chest.

Mind blown. Shift-clicking was one thing, but this makes it so much easier to transfer large amounts of one item.

Mengy

So is everyone playing on NeoCrack now? Isn't anyone playing on NeoCraft? Am I the only one playing vanilla Minecraft while the rest of the thread plays FTB? :)

Roche

FTB looks interesting

is there still room on the server for new players?

Yep there's still room for people, you'll have to send Mirk a PM for the IP/White-listing though he's on holiday so it might be a while before he gets back to you.

-Minsc-

So is everyone playing on NeoCrack now? Isn't anyone playing on NeoCraft? Am I the only one playing vanilla Minecraft while the rest of the thread plays FTB? :)

I actually haven't really played any Minecraft for over a month. Wednesday night I started up fresh on a different server so I think I'll build there for a while. Though today they have the world swapped for an UHC map so I hopped on NeoCraft and went quartz hunting. Until now I've never actually played much 1.5 MC. Time for me to play catch up. ;)

Edit: I did see mack on NeoCraft over an hour ago.

Not touched minecraft in a fair few weeks now. Right now I am being entertained with cubeworld and of course all the crap I am picking up in the steam sale. I am hoping when the server switches to 1.6 I can get it into gear to play again.

-Minsc-

I saw some old faces, and some new, on NeoCraft today. Played tourguide for a bit, it's been a while since I've done that.

Playing minecraft this past week I noticed something. For all the cool stuff the NeoCrack server offers, I can easily flip the switch and go back to good old fashioned minecraft. There's three servers now I want to play on. This isn't good. D:

Jhriad

Neocraft's server seems to be having trouble. Random restarts with no warning (which rollback our work when they happen), lag, disconnecting everyone. etc. :\

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Does anyone have experience with full colour 3d printing of minecraft scenes? I think I'm ok with the software, just looking for advice on size and general experiences. I printed one but had to do it 1x1mm per minecraft block otherwise it'd have been hugely expensive. And at that size it couldn't be full colour - 2x2mm is the smallest you can go.

Drazgul

Wish they'd add some exploration content mods into FTB; it's been months since I last played but the latest ultimate pack is still virtually the same. No incentive really to go out there and explore.

-Minsc-

What is it, eight or so months since wither skeletons were introduced? Well, I'm finally getting around to doing that wither skeleton farm. :D

Mengy

What is it, eight or so months since wither skeletons were introduced? Well, I'm finally getting around to doing that wither skeleton farm. :D

To this day I've still never fought the Wither, ever. In my new SSP world that I started in 1.5 I've only managed to collect one wither skeleton head, the bastards simply won't drop any more! I really want to build a beacon at my main base too.

Maybe I need to look into how you are making this farm of yours...

-Minsc-

To this day I've still never fought the Wither, ever. In my new SSP world that I started in 1.5 I've only managed to collect one wither skeleton head, the bastards simply won't drop any more! I really want to build a beacon at my main base too.

Maybe I need to look into how you are making this farm of yours...

I just found my second wither skull today. Hopefully more on the horizon. Looting III swords help.

Krovan

Neo Member
Thanks for keeping our projects safe Ark! Donation has been made as I intend to use up some of that bandwidth on some new projects.

defel

Question on enchanting armor for nether exploration:

What is the best combination to go for to ward off fire damage and fall damage?

even better: http://www.minecraftenchantmentcalculator.com/

get some fire resistance armour, projectile protection and a high powered bow and you should be ready. Take a couple of fire resistance potions and lots of ender pearls and an ender chest just in-case.

oh and feather falling boots which I think is best at level 26

I found a new ore deposit that I couldn't bust open with my iron pickaxe. I couldn't find it on the wiki. It had dark colored striations in the block. I've mined iron, coal, flint and redstone but I dunno what this is.

Sarcasm

I found a new ore deposit that I couldn't bust open with my iron pickaxe. I couldn't find it on the wiki. It had dark colored striations in the block. I've mined iron, coal, flint and redstone but I dunno what this is.

If you have NEI go into invetory screen bottom left hit options.

Turn on tooltips/highlights (forgot the name).

Top Bottom