• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT2| Punch Your Way to Your Own World

789shadow

Banned
Alright, getting really sick of this shit with every new update. So I tried to install the new Optifine, this time via WinRAR, and jack shit happened. And then I deleted Minecraft.jar, and now I can't get it back.

What the fuck.

Derwind

Gotta say, liking horses, its just a pain to befriend them.

edit; Also I don't like this window that comes up when I try to launch the game. Is this the new launcher screen? Cause I don't like it.

Lizard with a ladder

learnin' with the blacks!
Gotta say, liking horses, its just a pain to befriend them.

edit; Also I don't like this window that comes up when I try to launch the game. Is this the new launcher screen? Cause I don't like it.

yeah, that's the new launcher. I'm not really feeling it either.

Shift key now exits you out of the boat. I'm so used to hitting the right mouse button to exit. It's going to take a while to adjust. Kept exiting the boat while trying to slow down. :(

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
yeah, that's the new launcher. I'm not really feeling it either.

Shift key now exits you out of the boat. I'm so used to hitting the right mouse button to exit. It's going to take a while to adjust. Kept exiting the boat while trying to slow down. :(

They also change the boat steering mechanics a bit, you steer with the mouse now instead of WASD. I don't like it, why change what wasn't broken? Boats are very frustrating now at slow speeds. :(

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
They also change the boat steering mechanics a bit, you steer with the mouse now instead of WASD. I don't like it, why change what wasn't broken? Boats are very frustrating now at slow speeds. :(
Boats have always been shitty to control. The only thing I want them to "fix" is the goddamn breaking into unusable parts when it lightly brushes against anything. Is it seriously hard to not make it give you back a boat, or you know, NOT BREAK when you hit something?

defel

Boats have always been shitty to control. The only thing I want them to "fix" is the goddamn breaking into unusable parts when it lightly brushes against anything. Is it seriously hard to not make it give you back a boat, or you know, NOT BREAK when you hit something?

They did fix that, or at least toned it down. Its way better than it was.

I'm trying to cram a 5 magma crucibles, 5 oil refineries, and 3 fermenters + 3 stills into a 6x13 space to provide myself with lava, fuel, and biofuel.

And I think I've actually done it w/o it being a complicated mess!

I just need to build it again and see if it actually works.

Mirk

Hello guys! for the 4th of July weekend NeoCrack will be running vanilla 1.6! It will also be using the new game rule so health will not regen when you are full. To get hearts back you will need to use a potion or a golden apple!

Quote to see address!!
Also if you need to be whitelisted shoot me a PM all of you whitelisted on FTB are good to go!

I thought you said vanilla and 1.6, not UHC and 1.3 :p

n9YNq6J.png

Are y'all trying to join NeoCRACK or NeoCRAFT? :p Crack is updated to 1.6, looks like Craft is still 1.5

Also, I need some help. Is there some sort of gate configuration I can place on these pipes that will only take an item out of the chest when an item is needed in the machine? I don't want a million items in the tube and flying all over the place when the machine becomes full.

qrBxe8o.png

Vlad

Are y'all trying to join NeoCRACK or NeoCRAFT? :p Crack is updated to 1.6, looks like Craft is still 1.5

Also, I need some help. Is there some sort of gate configuration I can place on these pipes that will only take an item out of the chest when an item is needed in the machine? I don't want a million items in the tube and flying all over the place when the machine becomes full.

qrBxe8o.png

I haven't used those or any other forestry machines, but when you've got multiple machines in a line like that, I find that the Redpower pneumatic tubes work better for something like that. In case you didn't know, they will automatically rout items to the next available inventory in the tube system by distance. So in this case, anything traveling down the tube would go into the first machine if there's room, then the second one once the first one is full or has a different item, etc. You'd want to use a gate to pump from the chest to a relay, then the relay would output into the tubes.

EDIT: Here's a quickie mockup I made:
PhHs5mw.png

The gate on the left is an Iron Autarchic gate that only outputs with a red pipe signal, and the one on the right is an iron gate that outputs the red pipe signal when there's space in the relay. A relay just outputs whatever items it gets into it, in this case it's dumping anything it gets into the pneumatic tube, but will only do so if the item has somewhere to go.

Also, relays have a 9-space inventory you can put things into manually, so you technically don't need the chest at all if you don't mind putting in a maximum of nine stacks of items.

Mirk

You could also use routers and machine filters. Like this.
1.png

and set an iron and gate like.
2.png

Just make sure to make the machine filter upgrade for the router! and set it like.
4.png

fritolay

I am using a 1.5 game world on my own server. I cannot find horses on plains anywhere. I have not seen monkeys or anything either. Any of you had luck finding them?

Verdre

Unconfirmed Member
I am using a 1.5 game world on my own server. I cannot find horses on plains anywhere. I have not seen monkeys or anything either. Any of you had luck finding them?

Donkeys, not monkeys. You'll probably have to go to a previously unexplored part of your map to find horses. From what I've seen horses are rarer than the pigs/cows etc

In case anyone is interested here is the current state of Neocraft with regards to the upgrade :-

long suffering Multiplay dude and his spectrum 48k said:
Minecraft Bukkit Dev has been causing issues for 1.6.1 and we have found a temporary solution,

After finding alternatives we have tested Spigot and have found that this works without any issues Bukkit was giving us.

We will leave it on Spigot the mean time as the Bukkit Dev / Beta profile, until a decent build of Bukkit arrives.

You won't be able to downgrade your world still from 1.6.1 to 1.5.2, this needs a restoration or a new world.

Roughly translated it's all "fucked to high hell" but they got it working somehow. Right now Neocraft will obviously stay at 1.5.2 but it could be a bit longer before Multiplay deem Bukkiet 1.6.1 competent enough to roll it out properly.

Thanks Vlad & Mirk!

I now have a lava, fuel, and biofuel setup in a really small 6x13 space! lol

EFyvGFH.png

Now to wait for the server to come back to MindCrack and build it there ...

EVIL

what happened to the server? cant get it, its telling me its updated to 1.6, how do I get that? the latest mindcrack version is 8.3.2

Lakitu

st5fu
So I've just started on 360 and I've been messing around in my own world so far. I kind of suck at it to be fair, I've built a home though, even though it's very simplistic in design. It's fairly protected (yet somehow creepers get in), have a basement so I can just mine (cobblestone and iron ore for now it seems) and a watch tower to get a view of the horizon.

Anybody have any tips? Kind of think I'll continue sucking at this game for the foreseeable future but I'm really enjoying it. I've read the OP, did the tutorial and know about the basics, pretty much. But I'm looking around the web and I see these amazing design / worlds, I know I'll never get to that. I saw pictures with buildings with completely different materials to what I have access to like roof tiles? Unless it's a modded PC version.

defel

Sounds like your doing fine to be honest. Amazing artistic creations are a small part of the game. I never build anything like that, I just like making functional things like farms, huts, basic machines and I enjoy exploring. Just do what you feel like.

Roof tiles may have been brick stairs. Not sure if its in the 360 version but I guess it is.

Mirk

So on NeoCrack we have a little spawn village set up now so you wont have to run for your life if you log on at night time. :D

town.png

Also we would like to slay the dragon on Saturday! So if you would like to join help me with a good time to set.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone know a good mod for terrain generator? I can't stand post-1.7.3 terrain, it's horrendously samey and it just totally kicked me from my Minecraft habit. I've been trying to get back into it to enjoy all of the new features, but I just can't in the face of such bad terrain.

120v

forgive the n00bness of my question...

but my friends are begging me to get me into minecraft so i can play with them. i don't have a problem with that, it looks like my kind of thing but i want to play this on PC. they're playing on 360 and insist that i won't be able to play with them unless its on 360 ... i was wondering if there was any truth to this. that doesn't sound right... but then again i'm not big on online multiplayer anything

but my friends are begging me to get me into minecraft so i can play with them. i don't have a problem with that, it looks like my kind of thing but i want to play this on PC. they're playing on 360 and insist that i won't be able to play with them unless its on 360 ... i was wondering if there was any truth to this. that doesn't sound right... but then again i'm not big on online multiplayer anything

Minecraft PC and Xbox 360 are not compatible. if you want to play with them you'll need the 360 version. Sorry =\

-Minsc-

Since your question was answered I'll give some input on the two versions.

Xbox360:

- more stable (from what I heard)
- No need to worry if your computer can handle Minecrafts shitty programming.

PC:

- way more features
- near infinite world size
- more awesome
- extensive mods available
- seriously, why are your friends on the Xbox version?

-Minsc-

OK, cant seem to find it.

What is the Neocrack server address?

Posted by Mirk:

"Hello guys! for the 4th of July weekend NeoCrack will be running vanilla 1.6! It will also be using the new game rule so health will not regen when you are full. To get hearts back you will need to use a potion or a golden apple!

Quote to see address!!
Also if you need to be whitelisted shoot me a PM all of you whitelisted on FTB are good to go!
"

There you go.

Posted by Mirk:

"Hello guys! for the 4th of July weekend NeoCrack will be running vanilla 1.6! It will also be using the new game rule so health will not regen when you are full. To get hearts back you will need to use a potion or a golden apple!

Quote to see address!!
"

There you go.

Thanks a lot for this! :)

Mengy

So I played my SSP world quite a bit this weekend with the new patch, and I have to say that I like horses in the game a lot more than I thought I would. Had to travel very far to find some though, it doesn't appear that they spawn in "old version" plains biomes, only newly generated ones. So I guess if you go around killing them they won't respawn like other passive mobs? Not sure. But eventually I found a couple of them out in the wild, tamed them, and one by one I rode them all the way back to my main base. Now that I have a few I can breed them and get other colors in my new stable, which I need to expand already. I also found a donkey, brought him back too. Now I need to start searching newly generated lands to spelunk for some horse armor and name tags. And I need to hunt for new nether fortresses now that they spawn with treasure chests in them.

I did a lot of clay hunting too this weekend. Took the horse out running around swamps digging clay up. It surprises me to say that riding horses to explore and travel is rather nice actually. Although I may use the donkey more for gathering trips, the storage on them sure is handy. I quickly found out that if you don't bring a lasso and a fence to hitch them to, they tend to wander around a lot. I need to travel to all of my bases and make hitching posts now.

Of course, the new colors of clay required me to build a new clay smelting room, right next to my sheep pen, where I put my colors display wall up so I can easily pick which colors of clay or wool I want to use. And the remodeling didn't stop there as I also redesigned some of my farm areas with a better layout. The coal blocks are nice for storage and it's good to have a new building material, but it's not a big deal. And the carpets aren't all too useful, I'd rather just use wool blocks for flooring. They might be more useful with detailing, too soon to tell I guess. The new Villager sounds kind of freaked me out the first time I heard them, but I'm used to it now. Made my girlfriend laugh a lot as she thinks it sounds like they run around farting all day long, lol. The boat change sucks IMHO, it makes boat steering more difficult and I hope they revert it back to the way it was.

Good patch overall.

Looking forward to see what they do with 1.7, as the rumors have been that this will be a biome update patch, particularly to ocean biomes. I hope that is true, maybe we will finally get some better reasons to go snorkeling!

1.6.1 has me playing a lot more than I thought I would. My GF and I spent the weekend marching all over our server for new plains chunks to get horses and donkeys from. We probably doubled the area of the server in the process. I'll have to figure out MCEdit at some point so I can do some pruning. It's also is forcing us to retool some of our builds to be more horse accessible. All I need now is a thousand name tags and saddles.

Mengy

What are the chances there will be a safari update with hippos, ostriches, and lions in the future?

That's a cool idea, but I've never heard Mojang hint at anything like that.

They've been talking biome updates for quite a while, but Jeb wants to do it all at one time to minimize chunk generation impact on people's worlds. For quite some time Mojang hinted at some biome stuff for 1.6 but we all know that didn't happen, so I'm betting 1.7 will be a decent sized biome patch. If I had to hazard a guess, I'd say we could be looking at stuff like:

- finally getting a possible volcano biome, they've been hinting around with this for quite some time.
- some stuff added to spice up ocean biomes. The buff to Respiration in 1.6 was probably part of this. We might see coral, underwater temples, underwater caves added specifically to chunk generation, and maybe new water mobs like clams and sharks.
- birds might finally get added to the overworld during the day to improve atmospheric ambience, something Jeb has wanted to do for some time now
- we might finally see a floating island biome (sky biome). The doubling of world height was done partly for this, but we haven't heard anything about floating islands since then.

If we are lucky we will get 1/4 of that, LOL.

Top Bottom