• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT2| Punch Your Way to Your Own World

Derwind

Yep! Gotta dig up the IP, though; can someone quote it for Derwind if they know where it is off-hand?

Quote this post to see the server details for Neocraft

Neocraft (Ark's)​
This is a survival server.
Click here to check the current map.

Address:

You have to be whitelisted to actually do anything other than "look at the pwetty things". So if you are interested in joining the server pm either me or Ark with your minecraft username.

Sweet thanks guys. :)

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Okay I got to say, I love branch mining, there I said it....

I love it too.

Yeah, me as well. I turn mining into a game all it's own, hunting for ores and exploring for caves that way. I also use gravel to get rid of every lava lake I find, I find a lot of my ores along the bottom edges of lava lakes. I also tend to make my mines rather large and elaborate, in fact most of my distant expansion bases end up simply entrances on the surface with the actual base itself down at lava level, because that's where I always end up spending most of my time anyway.

I think I was a dwarf in a past life....

I don't think I have heard any video Nihon has done that has had more swearing then his most recent one.

Edit: Totally great video. It makes me want to try that map out.

Looks like Mojang are preparing the release of 1.6 for next week :-

Mojang dude whilst lying in a bath tub full of money said:
Minecraft 1.6 - the “Horse Update”, will be released next week! The update has
leads, carpets, hard clay, donkeys, mules,
and of course horses! This update requires a new Minecraft launcher to load. We’ll post more info about that here and on Mojang.com when it’s ready.

http://mcupdate.tumblr.com/post/53355081580/whats-happening-at-mojang

Obviously it will take some time for the server to update once the update is released. So for the two people that still come on Neocraft don't update your client till the server updates (which could be a week or two later). To those that left neocraft ............... up yours ;-)

Server reset!

You want me to beat you about the head with a wet kipper ? NO there will be NO server reset, nada, zilch, not on ya nelly. As far as I am aware everything they have added to the 1.6 update will be available on existing worlds so there is no need for a server reset.

What are the best minimum XP levels for enchanting pickaxes with Fortune status? I've found that level 24 has yielded me Fortune II on pickaxes. What's the best minimum baseline level for Fortune III pickaxes?

Also, how does everyone begin building vast structures on the outside surface? Do you either build it structure by structure, or do you plan out the terrain first before building houses, walls, fortresses, ect.?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
What are the best minimum XP levels for enchanting pickaxes with Fortune status? I've found that level 24 has yielded me Fortune II on pickaxes. What's the best minimum baseline level for Fortune III pickaxes?

Also, how does everyone begin building vast structures on the outside surface? Do you either build it structure by structure, or do you plan out the terrain first before building houses, walls, fortresses, ect.?

30 I think.

I got a fortune III unbreaking IV diamond pick after three attempts at level 30 (fully bookcased enchanting table)

Mengy

30 I think.

I got a fortune III unbreaking IV diamond pick after three attempts at level 30 (fully bookcased enchanting table)

The problem with level 30 enchants is that repairing good tools always takes 30+ XP levels to do, I often find myself sitting in my blaze grinder while reading NeoGAF while I repair all of my stuff. I've actually taken to wearing low level armor (all lvl 10 enchants now) simply because I get tired of repairing it all the time. Enchanting is a mixed bag for me. I wish it was easier to accumulate XP by simply playing the game sometimes.

Looking very forward to 1.6 next week. I've been hunting and hoarding clay in preparation, going to re-furbish half of my mountain base after 1.6 hits with colored clay. I have to build a horse pen yet too.

ZZMitch

I'm starting a brand new world for 1.6. I have been waiting for so long for a new update to come out so I could start up SP again so I am super excited!

Mengy

I'm starting a brand new world for 1.6. I have been waiting for so long for a new update to come out so I could start up SP again so I am super excited!

I started a brand new world for 1.5, and I've been having a blast with it. Gonna keep this one for awhile.

Xun

Matterhorn roller coaster practically finished (aside from some theming):

Es0V1Jw.png

Woorloog

Banned
Wait, what, there was an "April Fools" update, that added cool stuff but they ain't actually going to add them to the game?
Stained glass, diamond chickens... Seriously, why not?
EDIT OVERFED SHEEP! Seriously, need those for the game.

Looks like 1.6 is being released this coming Monday (1st July). If you can't wait you can get the pre-release version now from here :-

https://mojang.com/2013/06/minecraft-1-6-pre-release/

Remember if you update minecraft to the lastest version you will NOT be able to connect to Neocraft till the server is updated. As for when that is likely to happen that could be a week or 20 years from now.

I myself am taking a break from minecraft for a bit. Hopefully 1.6 will invigorate things for me and who knows maybe some regs will be tired of the modded version of Minecraft and come back to the best minecraft server on the planet ;)

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Looks like 1.6 is being released this coming Monday (1st July). If you can't wait you can get the pre-release version now from here :-

https://mojang.com/2013/06/minecraft-1-6-pre-release/

Remember if you update minecraft to the lastest version you will NOT be able to connect to Neocraft till the server is updated. As for when that is likely to happen that could be a week or 20 years from now.

I myself am taking a break from minecraft for a bit. Hopefully 1.6 will invigorate things for me and who knows maybe some regs will be tired of the modded version of Minecraft and come back to the best minecraft server on the planet ;)

Does the different launcher mean you can run 1.5.2 and 1.6 side by side?

Does the different launcher mean you can run 1.5.2 and 1.6 side by side?

Yes! You simply need to create specific profiles for 1.5.2 and 1.6 in the launcher.

I do this right now with snapshots for 3 different servers I'm on.

Also, I need to get on Neocraft sometime soon so I can actually put that giant trough I built for moving animals to use. Probably tomorrow.

ZZMitch

So officially 1.6 comes out July 1st, but is the pre-release pretty much 1.6 or are there going to be more bug fixes before the actual release?

Verdre

Unconfirmed Member
So officially 1.6 comes out July 1st, but is the pre-release pretty much 1.6 or are there going to be more bug fixes before the actual release?

There shouldn't be any more changes. Pre-releases are generally so modders can get their stuff working before the official release.

I will probably take the rest of the week off from Minecraft. I just got a 3TB drive in preparation for the steam sales where I will buy a crap load of games, download them and then never play them.

Also going to do a format and reinstall of win 7, way too much crud on this system right now. So I will do that over the weekend and hopefully by Monday I can get on with finishing Domepolis.

SRTtoZ

Hey, I'm looking to pickup MC since its a game ive been wanting to play for a long time. Can anyone tell me how the multiplayer works? Is it just 1 huge world with everyone doing their own thing (per server ofc)? Id love to play with fellow gaffers.

Hey, I'm looking to pickup MC since its a game ive been wanting to play for a long time. Can anyone tell me how the multiplayer works? Is it just 1 huge world with everyone doing their own thing (per server ofc)? Id love to play with fellow gaffers.

It really varies from server to server. The Neocraft server is basically an "ordinary" game of minecraft survival with people popping into the world to build there own stuff or go off on their own adventures. There is no player vs player fighting and you aren't allowed to go and destroy other peoples stuff.

Most of the time people work on their own builds/explore the huge world or take part in community building sessions. Here is a google map of our world at the moment :-

http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/61524402/Neocraft Server Files/index.html#/-95/64/-753/-6/0/0

Other servers do have PvP if that is your thing but on good ole Neocraft we just like to chill, build shit and cast disparaging remarks about each others sexual prowess. You know things like "Dryuriev is hung like a newt" that kind of thing ;)

SRTtoZ

It really varies from server to server. The Neocraft server is basically an "ordinary" game of minecraft survival with people popping into the world to build there own stuff or go off on their own adventures. There is no player vs player fighting and you aren't allowed to go and destroy other peoples stuff.

Most of the time people work on their own builds/explore the huge world or take part in community building sessions. Here is a google map of our world at the moment :-

http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/61524402/Neocraft Server Files/index.html#/-95/64/-753/-6/0/0

Other servers do have PvP if that is your thing but on good ole Neocraft we just like to chill, build shit and cast disparaging remarks about each others sexual prowess. You know things like "Dryuriev is hung like a newt" that kind of thing ;)

Holy shit at that map. Amazing.

I'm gonna buy the game and practice offline for a bit so I get the hang of everything. Then ill PM you eventually for an invite to the server if thats not a problem.

edit: PM'd you.

Woorloog

Banned
Looking at that map... i need to finish my Windblade someday (located on the desert west from spawn, building leaning toward east).
Will probably have to ask for creative rights for the project though, i need so, so much Sandstone and other materials.
Or re-size the project. Or at very least i need flying.

Also, my village to the west. Has a flag, green cross on yellow, with red center. NPC village, built rudimentary walls around it to protect it from zombies... and then i realized the torches and the wall prevented zombies from attacking and the village became a boring place. Ah, well, i'll get around building a castle there someday.

EDIT oh and on the northern ocean, there's a mushroom island (after Frozen Island) with a building. My "lab". Planned a Fungipocalypse for the rest of the world... but never got around it.

Mengy

Do you know if the map is going to be updated, I'm dying to see the overhead view of the builds I'm in the middle of working on. :D

I try to update it regularly, at least once a week, but sometimes I let it slip a bit.

What are the essential MJ using devices? Rolling Machine, Pulverizer... I don't know any more to be honest, lol.

Setting up a MJ workshop in SP and I have no idea what I'm doing.

Also, if anyone's upgrading their IBF, I have 2 spare Kanthal Heating Coils because of frakkin' GregTechs stupid recipes.

Mirk

What are the essential MJ using devices? Rolling Machine, Pulverizer... I don't know any more to be honest, lol.

Setting up a MJ workshop in SP and I have no idea what I'm doing.

Also, if anyone's upgrading their IBF, I have 2 spare Kanthal Heating Coils because of frakkin' GregTechs stupid recipes.

Rolling machine, Pulverizer, Induction smelter, Thermionic fabricator, Carpenter, Squeezer, Centrifuge, Liquid transposer, Magma crucible, Powered furnace.

Off the top of my head xD

Mirk

I was thinking about setting up a vanilla server for 1.6. What you guys think? Play a little normal while FTB updates.

Articalys

I haven't played any Minecraft in a while. With seeing that 1.6 is coming up, looking at some of the changes in the last few versions, does it seem like they've been making single player survival much more difficult without trying to actually balance it to be fair, or is it just me?

Rokam

Don't forget all new season of Mindcrack is supposed to start tomorrow as well, assuming they don't have any hiccups.

Top Bottom