• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker/Hironobu Sakaguchi's Terra Battle |OT| Season 2 has been unleashed!

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I think the best thing about this co-op is the addition of more strategy and urgency.
Having 9 or 12 units on the board is amazing (can we outflank bosses now?), so we want to optimize each turn, and end up fucking it up.

zulux21

Do you get loot for joining coop? Or only host get loot?

you get loot, that is how I got my artimis.

also I suppose I can host something with my 80+ stamina i have left, any requests?
(note, artemis is better for me as most of my good characters are dark, but I can totally switch my team for chaos and still have a decentish team)

Aexact

I just got Artemis from the level 25 cap. I made sure to put only skills from the first two slots of my other jobs and joined a public game hoping for the best. I used Kuscah/Bahl/Ellvern and Ellvern is actually really good at that level cap. Giga regen, full map antidote and levitate is awesome. Someone else had a Zuzu that was a beast with that 1k damage skill.
Yeah, I've been modifying my teams based on who has decent 1-25 skills for the lower dungeons. All those badass level 65 skills aren't doing nothin' on the lower tier dungeons, haha. Sure changes my team composition.

Lighting is good against Chaos, just ran it now with a guy also using Bagunnar and I also used Bagunnar. It's kinda risky though since two enemies eat capsules and they will use Breath immediately after, which has a chance of pushing you into Chaos's AOE warning zone. You won't wipe immediately if you get pushed in the lower zones but it's probably a bad idea for 40 stamina dungeon.

Lots of bad plays though. Eventually screw up a turn or two, can't rely on S/L to make up for screw ups so it's pretty tense.

zulux21

I might as well get in on the referral code thing
Check out Terra Battle and help unravel the mysteries of a dying world!
Official website:
http://www.terra-battle.com
Referral code:
FyUZmWQiukHy

Redeem the referral code above and both you and the friend who invited you will receive in-game gifts!
To do so, navigate to Main -> Invite Friend -> Redeem Code in the in-game menu and enter the code when prompted.
Your friend will receive his or her gift once you complete Chapter 3. If you've already completed it, he or she will receive it once you redeem the referral code.
Note: You can redeem a referral code only once.
bolded the important stuff :p
while I would appreciate people redeeming my code, if you have friends that play the game just swap codes with them since you can only personally redeem one code.

I plan on doing that with my wife, unless I manage to have everyone get my code before she plays tomorrow night.

Visceir

This co-op thing is a serious game changer. Haven't had this much fun with the game in a long time.

Edit: I do wish they'd give you a little more time to think, but then again I shouldn't probably be playing this at work

zulux21

This co-op thing is a serious game changer. Haven't had this much fun with the game in a long time.

I wish the drop rates were a bit better, as it seems like I can only really get a chance of drops from the enemies left at the very end (at least I haven't seen a drop before the end kill off)

I've done 6 co op missions
1 I got 2 drops
1 I got 1 drop
1 I got no drops but I got the summon to drop
3 times I got nothing to drop at all.

I understand that since you can join games without paying stamina the drops can't be amazing, but I should be walking away at least with like a token low tier material each time just to feel like I am not wasting my time.

also hopefully at least one person gets to chapter 3 with my referral code as I just kind of threw it out there :p

Yeah, this co-op is addicting; I don't even care if I lose; I just like playing with people.

it would be more enjoyable for me if my wife had her own device, but alas we share a single one thus it is unlikely we will be able to play co op together as we would need to switch profiles each time.

zulux21

Whoa is the poison trail animal on level 3? What's the secret to beating 3, all I remember is getting humiliated by that round.

it's on 2 as well as I haven't played 3 yet.
in general tier 3 plus terra battle = rage quit = makes me want to stop playing the game = I avoid because I don't want to completely rage quit the game .

Gizuko

fkbhbkpeXH4C

Here's my code, I'd be grateful if someone added me.

By the way, I read it was 5e for the 1st, 3rd?, 5th and 10th, 1e for the rest, is this correct, or is it always 5e?

zulux21

fkbhbkpeXH4C

Here's my code, I'd be grateful if someone added me.

By the way, I read it was 5e for the 1st, 3rd?, 5th and 10th, 1e for the rest, is this correct, or is it always 5e?

so in trying to confirm this I found this
which had a crap ton of info I hadn't seen posted yet.

+ extend time is nerfed: It now has a hard limit of 16 seconds (18 seconds if your character has +2 seconds, equip).
All buff, including self buffs, (buffs that increase your ATK/MATK/DEF/MDEF) are nerfed: they will at most increase your base stats to double (2x) of its value, e.g., capped at 100%+. Note that Physical 1.5/1.2x affects damage, not stats. So, it is NOT affected. That being said, it still seems possible to bring enemy defense to "0" to deal infinite damage.
New character: Y'apkar: Ice Mage / Dark Mage / Healer --- S class (details will be added soon)
New unfinished character: Archar, A-class bow. Name could change in the future.

summon stuff
Artemis: Bow, physical: 4.5/5.5/7x. Requires
First upgrade: The Emperor x3, Knight of Bows x3, Terra Bowstring x5, learns Powered Point Amp
Second upgrade: The Emperor x3, Knight of Bows x3, Celestial Bow x3

Chaos: Darkness, magic: 4.5/5.5/7x. Requires
First upgrade: The Hierophant x3, The Tower x3, Dark Ring x5, Learns Add Action Turn
Second upgrade: The Hierophant x3, The Tower x3, Codex Runicus x3

Odin: Spear, physical. 4.5/5.5/7x. Requires: unknown.
Leviathan: Ice, magic. 4.5/5.5/7x. Requires: unknown.
Phoenix: Healer, magic: 1/2/3x (heal). Requires: unknown.
Valkyrie: Sword, physical. 4.5/5.5/7x. Requires: unknown.
Risin: Lightning, magic: 4.5/5.5/7x. Requires: unknown.
Bahamut: Fire, magic: 4.5/5.5/7x. Requires: unknown.
Lamia: Remedy, magic: 1/2/3x (damage) + Death. Requires: unknown.
Cosmic Warrior Hiso: Physical, magic: 3x damage
Cosmic Healer Hiso: Healer, magic: 2x heal, capped at 700.

Changes in the Existing Character Data
Grace's J1 L65 Poison arrow now has a 100% chance to poison the enemies (previously 80%). Note that enemies might still have resistance/immunity to poison.

Daily Quests & Bonuses
Every day, a quest (a dungeon) is available. No more information, at this point.

Once Daily Bonus is activated (we don't know how they activate yet), you can have double monster drops, or double item drops in the game. The bonus is available only for certain chapters, and change from one day to another.

It is unclear if special chapters (hunting zones, boss levels, multiplayer maps and others) will benefit from this or no.

A preliminary rotation of these bonuses is:
192e088544.png

Metal Zone Un-even XP Distribution
Experience distribution method, if you give priority to lowest characters:
The characters are sorted by level, and instead of 1/number of char for everyone, you have:
2 characters: 70% / 30% of total exp (instead of 50% each)
3 characters: 60% / 30% / 10% of total exp (instead of 33.33% each)
4 characters: 50% / 30% / 15% / 5% of total exp (instead of 25% each)
5 characters: 45% / 25% / 15% / 10% / 5% of total exp (instead of 20% each)
6 characters: 40% / 25% / 15% / 10% / 5% / 5% of total exp (instead of 16.66% each)

there is also data for the new monsters and characters in the link

edit:
I found info that was related to the referral stuff... you were close
" The player that sent the invitation will receive 5 free Energy for the 1st, 5th and 10th player invited. 1 Energy will be sent for other invitations."
from here

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
it's on 2 as well as I haven't played 3 yet.
in general tier 3 plus terra battle = rage quit = makes me want to stop playing the game = I avoid because I don't want to completely rage quit the game .
Ah, forgot about that since nobody brings Eileen :(

I like being third player in Artemis so I can feel like like a badass by evading the first cycle lock-ons, but it means I get sniped the first round. :(

kiyoaki

ZnAx6vCNzudF . Here is my code so we can do some jolly co-operations.

Just added you. Hope I get to play soon - co-op play doesn't seem to really work right now for me, the server times out a lot.

Here's my own code for those of you interested - feel free to add me!

DMTRrMT2kcyE

Gizuko

edit:
I found info that was related to the referral stuff... you were close
" The player that sent the invitation will receive 5 free Energy for the 1st, 5th and 10th player invited. 1 Energy will be sent for other invitations."
from here

Yeah, that was it, thank you! Thought 3 5e invites were a bit too much.

Also, thank you for posting all that information, didn't know even half of it.

Hige

I'm carrying teams through Artemis 2 with my Kuscah/Bahl/Ellvern team. Ellvern is such a boss here. I've had two Knight of Bows drop out of three kills. Does "The Emperor" only drop from Artemis 1?

anaron

Dayum, this has been a good day for TB and the fans:

Hit 1.5 downloads + 5 free energy in celebration :D

Yoshitaka Amano joins the Download Starter
Mr. Amano will be participating in the Terra Battle Download Starter!
I had a meeting with him when I visited his atelier in Paris. I can't wait to see what kind of characters he'll come up with...perhaps mystical ones.

Yasumi Matsuno - New scenario added
Mr. Matsuno will write a new scenario for a special dungeon.

To go along with it, we will create new monsters and stage backgrounds.
There are various species living in the world of Terra Battle, so I believe Mr. Matsuno will be able to build the setting and characters with a lot creative freedom.
I'm really looking forward to it.
Amano's download starter video

LOL @ Sakaguchi

dupes....dupes everywhere

EDIT:

finally got 3 ish particles after 1 week of grinding (3/12 -_-).

4 characters: Maralme, Metupi, Sorman, Ra'Prow.

who to job 3....or should i save it for a more lucrative person...

Neol

Bleh was hyped about getting a gold draw but ended up being Camelia. Doesn't help at all considering my other SS's are girls :/

Got A'merpact from another draw though which is nice since the only offensive mages I have are the event dragons.

Also my referral code. Feel free to add. mzCdmX9FabUk

SunGod

My referral code: F3uUcMaAxPzc if anyone could add it so I get free energy that'd be awesome! How often can you add a referral code?

Visceir

Got 25 energy with all the recent things happening. Rolled 5 times together, got 2 gold scrolls. Olber and Sha'plar....guess it could have gone worse.

Also got Ma'curi.

Zuzu is such a boss vs Artemis.

Edit: Can you add a referal code just once? Mine seems to be greyed out.

Hige

http://www.terra-battle.com/en/news/2015/01/post-18.html

The Invite-a-Friend Campaign has begun. From the game menu, select Main, and send an invite through the "Invite Friend" option. Both players will receive a present. Let's invite our friends to play Terra Battle!
Present Notes:
- The invited player will receive 5 free Energy.
- The player that sent the invitation will receive 5 free Energy for the 1st, 5th and 10th player invited. 1 Energy will be sent for other invitations.
- Players may send a maximum of 10 invitations.
- The process is complete when the recipient enters the invitation code.
- Senders will receive their present as soon as the recipients clear Chapter 3. If the recipient has already cleared Chapter 3, the sender will receive their present as soon as the Referral Code is entered.
You can only enter a code once, and your code can be used by 10 other people.

uRKHRihbXbzJ

Pretty sure the only people that read this thread won't need the code, but what the heck

All my energy drops are so bad...I swear I've gotten Grace like four times already.

Gizuko

Wow, I just rolled 3 Bs out of 3 rolls. Two were dupes and the other was Sorman. Seriously, just what is wrong with today's rolls...

Hige

I'm pretty much over public co-op games at this point. It took me about 11-12 runs of Artemis 1 and ~4 of Artemis 2 to get the items necessary to strengthen her. I wish people would kill that damn wolverine/bear thing first. I also found out the long way that the host controls the fast forward button. So slow. >_>

I'm pretty much over public co-op games at this point. It took me about 11-12 runs of Artemis 1 and ~4 of Artemis 2 to get the items necessary to strengthen her. I wish people would kill that damn wolverine/bear thing first. I also found out the long way that the host controls the fast forward button. So slow. >_>

we need to write down hard setups/soft setups and priority lists!

Top Bottom