• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker/Hironobu Sakaguchi's Terra Battle |OT| Season 2 has been unleashed!

Neol

Crazy stuff. Got Camelia a bit earlier and now I just rolled Suoh. Not my prefer SS chars but I think I'll level up Suoh.

My code as well: mzCdmX9FabUk

Visceir

My only small nitpick is how pointless Eidolons (and upgrading them) are when you think about it.

I just got Artemis to Olympian arrow II and opened up Olympian arrow III which is Terabow strenght with a powered point amp. I imagine that will do ~5000 dmg to monsters. Which is quite decent.

Edit: holy shit does no fast forward feel slow....why would people not use it?!

I just got Artemis to Olympian arrow II and opened up Olympian arrow III which is Terabow strenght with a powered point amp. I imagine that will do ~5000 dmg to monsters. Which is quite decent.
I don't doubt their power, but the odds of you activating it are low, and they can only be used in CO-OP.

If they had some small purpose when solo it would be neat.

Hige

I almost got the chance to use Artemis's second skill, but then the guy before me used Arsenic Heal when everyone had full HP. FML.

My Artemis 3 attempts in public co-op have been a bust so far. Too many spear users and elemental attackers.

kiyoaki

Is it just me or does co-op not really work yet in the iOS version? I'm getting lots of disconnects and time-outs, and I usually don't have connection problems with online games.

Is it just me or does co-op not really work yet in the iOS version? I'm getting lots of disconnects and time-outs, and I usually don't have connection problems with online games.

Apparently they're having problems with it, according to the news updates.

Well, I've successfully cleared all three levels of each Eidolon...now to farm...

I really need to grind up Gugba. Ma'curi just cannot take hits.

Hige

Any tips for artemis 3? Is there a way to dodge the initial missile? What are the recommended characters to use?
P3's leader always gets attacked by the missile at the start. Only use physical attackers, preferably sword users (Bahl/Zuzu) and no spear users. Ellvern/Zafitte are amazing because of Antidote/Levitate. Kill that wolf thing that casts weapon damage absorb shields on the boss. After doing Artemis 1 and 2 so many times I don't think it seems too hard, but people bring bogus characters to the fight, so I haven't actually won yet.

Visceir

P3's leader always gets attacked by the missile at the start. Only use physical attackers, preferably sword users (Bahl/Zuzu) and no spear users. Ellvern/Zafitte are amazing because of Antidote/Levitate. Kill that wolf thing that casts weapon damage absorb shields on the boss. After doing Artemis 1 and 2 so many times I don't think it seems too hard, but people bring bogus characters to the fight, so I haven't actually won yet.

I just beat it in a public co-op. Started the room myself and left it until I got 3 people with decent characters (gugba, Sheena, Zuzu). I myself rolled with Amina (survives quite well), Zuzu and Piz'fer (also survies longer than any other of my chars + has a self revive).

You definitely need to clear out the poison monsters first or else you might be seriously screwed when the boss locks on and you need to move a lot. After that it was somewhat easy.

The third person had 2 of his chars dead and eventually disconnected and I eventually beat it with the other guy. Man, was it intense...at the end of the battle I actually felt like I bonded with the other guy, haha.

You're my bro Ichiryuu

Edit: It's also important that the first player's first move is to make sure the third player doesn't die from the initial missile attack (since they will get attacked again). That seems to be the main cause of the wipe...either that or the third player not knowing how to secure everyone away from the lock-on

I'll try again later tonight at 8 cst or 9 est. I have a level 65 Eileen who can handle poison ground and I'll also bring Sheena to also double up on panacea. I notice no one brings status ailment cleanses even though the poison arrows hit a couple hundred each turn. I think we will get it this time. Last time there were spear users and they got gibbed. I ran Bahl , Sheena, Rikken but I'll swap Bahl for Eileen for survivability. I notice that even Rikken does a decent job of healing because she has a lot of opportunities to chain heal all.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Edit: It's also important that the first player's first move is to make sure the third player doesn't die from the initial missile attack (since they will get attacked again). That seems to be the main cause of the wipe...either that or the third player not knowing how to secure everyone away from the lock-on
I hate it when they leave my unit out to die, but I love it when they recognize my dude needs healing. Well, not the missile attack, but the P3 leader can easily be killed in the first 2 turns if he isn't healed.

meow

Can I do much if most of my characters are still only level 20-30s (highest is 39)? Unfortunately all of my "best" characters are mages or spear users, too. I've rolled 4 SS in all my playing and it's 2 mages, 2 spear users.

Visceir

Can I do much if most of my characters are still only level 20-30s (highest is 39)? Unfortunately all of my "best" characters are mages or spear users, too. I've rolled 4 SS in all my playing and it's 2 mages, 2 spear users.

Could always just focus on the Chaos eidolon arena. Then again this isn't really mandatory or temporary. The co-op stuff doesnt seem to have a real impact on single player, it's just fun.

Level up and enjoy the co-op later.

zulux21

I hate it when they leave my unit out to die, but I love it when they recognize my dude needs healing. Well, not the missile attack, but the P3 leader can easily be killed in the first 2 turns if he isn't healed.

I love it when another play does mad sliding skills and lines up everyone perfectly, I hate it when said mad lining skills takes the tier 3 artemis from a sliver of hp to near full because said person used those skills to line up a bunch of sword attacks while the sword shield was active :/

Hige

Doing Artemis 1 a billion times was torture. Some players would only move one unit about two spaces over for a whopping one pincer (probably with a healer) while everyone else is locked on. At least it doesn't usually one-shot you at that level cap.

zulux21

Doing Artemis 1 a billion times was torture. Some players would only move one unit about two spaces over for a whopping one pincer (probably with a healer) while everyone else is locked on. At least it doesn't usually one-shot you at that level cap.

>.> sometimes I just look and take a simple attack as while I can see a better attack it would involve very very quick movement and if I mess up nothing would happen.

I am willing to bet the people who wereplaying with me were mad the one time I went to do an opening move and my finger slipped and my character only moved a square to do nothing :p

also yay my referral is all used up and I can confirm what was posted earlier 5 for 1/5/10 and 1 for the rest.

You can clearly see the skilled players on CO-OP.

Others though, I'm like "whyyyyyyy you do disss".

and then there are people like me, who are somewhat skilled but since I have only been doing coin creeps for the last month lost all of my mad sliding skills so am somewhat uselessish...

that being said no one should complain as I am just hosting public rooms :p which I am still willing to take requests when I am around as I don't have anything better to do with my 100 stamina monday-friday.

Folstern

My referral code: wX9xYTjm26dN

I have 100% Gugba! Join me!

I've just been metal grinding up all the characters I have and getting all their job promotions. So far I have everyone 30+, except for A'misandra whom I just pulled.

I put my 100% B% in front to show everyone I'm a pro.

My 100% is Zerro so it would make me look like a dumbass if I use her against Chaos. It would seem fine on Artemis until they look and laugh at the damage mages do to everything in that battle.

Mages are suffering in endgame content. Even starwhip strats feel riskier than the alternatives because one hit can send it packing back to bikini bottom. I do feel glad I have Jennish for Chaos at least, though only 17% B.

Hige

Yeah, as great as mages are for metal zones and grinding normal levels, they've been difficult to use during event bosses. Grace is one of the only B rank characters I'm missing, so I've used Red Starwhip on Leviathan/Odin/Bahamut. It requires a lot more precision than Grace does. Leviathan is actually not too bad since it has a set spawn point with conveniently placed adds, but the other two required a lot of resetting and headaches to get the perfect set up.

flammie

I gotta say, coop mode is awesome. It is more enjoyable/stressful to try and plan out your moves knowing other people are depending on you. It also makes you feel twice as dumb when you screw up terribly by healing the boss, or fail to do any pincers, or suicide a unit into poison.

Qmzn

Neo Member
My code: FACmkYgPJzpp. Got 100% B Jennish if anyone wants to try co-op.

Used Diablos991's referral. The chain combo continues!

Here's my code: kwbMRCVDvgve

I've already used my referral with an rl friend but here's my code, I thought it was a weird friends list not just a referral system, I was wrong. Anyway I'm 2/10 on referrals and wouldn't mind 8 more.

I played co op with a co worker today in person and it was hella fun. It's like a raid boss basically. We cleared Artemis I but it was quite difficult. I don't know how this would work strategy wise without being able to talk to the other person.

damisa

My code is KhKyzNZbK6Mw if someone invites me let me know and I'll invite you back. I have several high level characters

blackflag

here's my code. XGb4WZqWDpjn

Question. I unlocked Czekras and Jennish's second job but their first job is only level 23. should I level first job or switch?

Not sure those are the first 2 jobs I've unlocked.

My friend code is vydybmaGGY6X

I roll with this:
EZsTe3Q.png

Got Alika with my 5 free energy! Finally not a dupe! Rolled 8 dupes in a row prior to this.

here's my code. XGb4WZqWDpjn

Question. I unlocked Czekras and Jennish's second job but their first job is only level 23. should I level first job or switch?

Not sure those are the first 2 jobs I've unlocked.

I like bringing things to about 35 to get skill 3 before swapping. If you had 35 on all 3 jobs on a single character, it would get you all 4 skill slots and 4 possible skills to fill them with before you start focusing on capping. It's pretty handy.

Soulflarz

Banned
Login bonus is pretty temporary. Youll get one at a week, 2 weeks, a month, 60 days, 100 days, etc...but it's not supposed to be a daily.

blackflag

I like bringing things to about 35 to get skill 3 before swapping. If you had 35 on all 3 jobs on a single character, it would get you all 4 skill slots and 4 possible skills to fill them with before you start focusing on capping. It's pretty handy.

Awesome I'll try this. Thank you

Top Bottom