• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker/Hironobu Sakaguchi's Terra Battle |OT| Season 2 has been unleashed!

Momentary

Banned
Just a heads up. The Terra Forums has a guide on getting 2500 yen free from bookwalker. That should help with getting a few of the exclusive characters that are still out now and that can be obtained down the road.

Just a heads up. The Terra Forums has a guide on getting 2500 yen free from bookwalker. That should help with getting a few of the exclusive characters that are still out now and that can be obtained down the road.

i went to a terra forums and saw info about planting guides and country planting zones.

i then realized i was in a carnivorous plants fan forum :s

zulux21

Hopefully there's not a 10 energy bonus for day 200. I actually feel bad for you.

even if there was it wouldn't matter.
there are two timers
the consecutive log in streak, which counts up each day and repeats rewards every 8 days and then the daily log in streak which is what the milestones are at and it doesn't matter if they were consecutive or not thus they would just get to 200 a day later than before.

Momentary

Banned
even if there was it wouldn't matter.
there are two timers
the consecutive log in streak, which counts up each day and repeats rewards every 8 days and then the daily log in streak which is what the milestones are at and it doesn't matter if they were consecutive or not thus they would just get to 200 a day later than before.

Oh well then that's fine and dandy then.

If this works, you all should get in on it.
Free SS (Yulia) with delicious coin stealing skills, and free A (Ethereal) with precious debilitate skill.

So latest patch got datamined, and seems new future Lamia COOP boss will be super weak to poison.

I have no clue who's going to be useful in this. :O

Arkanius

Should I change jobs only after I reach level 20 with that particular job?
I reached the point where Bahl changed Jobs to her second Job, but I'm wondering if I should revert to Job 1 and level to 20 or just stick to Job 2 right now

Burn Seasons

Neo Member
Should I change jobs only after I reach level 20 with that particular job?
I reached the point where Bahl changed Jobs to her second Job, but I'm wondering if I should revert to Job 1 and level to 20 or just stick to Job 2 right now

Generally I level a character to 35 for the third skill first before switching jobs. Getting them to 20 should be a minimum though.

Unless the skill at 35 isn't that good, then yeah go to at least 20 for the extra slot is best.

Leviathan was more generous than Bahamut for me this week.
Got SB to 50% from 6%.

Now for Odin tomorrow, the most annoying of the 3 to farm.

Also, seems they added an Achievement panel in the Friend's menu, but nothing in it yet.

EDIT: LAMIA IS UP! Alongside Odin week... whaaaaaat!

Aexact

After playing Lamia a lot, I have to say ...

... I guess I'm not going to get Lamia! This difficulty jump is insane. Every status effect, including Death, only Poison does respectable damage (which is an S class exclusive skill, though I have it so that's not the problem), capped at level 35 so Panacea is out of reach, can only take 2 adventurers. Simply beating her is ridiculous even with an ideal team, let alone farming her upgrade items. This has got to be some sort of stamina sink, haha.

kiyoaki

No way I can take on Lamia with my current team. I'll just focus on Odin for now and on getting and training more characters.

Staab

Thanks, it worked !
Nabbed Yulia and Ethereal :)

Thanks, it worked !
Nabbed Yulia and Ethereal :)
Took 2 days for promotion to go through, but it does work.
I had both characters though, but nabbed the free metal tickets and item powerup codes.

So Lamia is a weird one. I'm not sure if she's going to get the nerf bat or something.
She's a challenge, but feels like 75% of it depends on having that perfect poison team.
So in one way, it doesn't seem fair for those who didn't RNG the right units to fight her.

(I'm comparing this to the other CO-OP bosses)

Hige

Lamia fight is bullshit. And yet I'll probably keep trying because I know a week from now it'll be impossible to find a room.

I didn't finish Valk right away and I still need two drops from Valk 1. -_-

i'll be honest, i touched the eidolon things the 1st day and never again. i tried getting back into it, and the lamia fight is pure unadulterated BULLSHIT. status effects up the wazoo.

i guess the strategy is to bring status removal units and keep them away from the mobs and let the poison slowly dwidle them to death?

im having trouble understanding how the low level requirement works with skill sets.

can soemone explain again?

i'll be honest, i touched the eidolon things the 1st day and never again. i tried getting back into it, and the lamia fight is pure unadulterated BULLSHIT. status effects up the wazoo.

i guess the strategy is to bring status removal units and keep them away from the mobs and let the poison slowly dwidle them to death?

im having trouble understanding how the low level requirement works with skill sets.

can soemone explain again?
You pretty much nailed the hatred of all those in tears trying to beat Lamia right now.

It's hardcore in the way that you need to dodge pretty much every single mob, or else the sleeping or confused guy will be petrified or doomed.

I think they should tone down on the melee and magic immunity. This limits character choices by too much.

Hige

I hosted a Lamia room with a nearly optimal team (Ellvern/R'zonand/Bonna/Kana/Gugba/Palpa) and it was smooth sailing until someone let everyone remain in status effect range on the second to last floor on the last tick of poison needed to kill everything. The enemies use skills before they take damage from poison, so the boss proceeded to wipe the floor with everyone because a couple turns got skipped, FML. It feels impossible to find people with Bonna/Zeera to cure petrification, so many Kanas out there. Because of the two person party limit you pretty much don't want any duplicate characters in there.

It feels impossible to find people with Bonna/Zeera to cure petrification, so many Kanas out there. Because of the two person party limit you pretty much don't want any duplicate characters in there.
That's another problem there.
Those 2 (and Ellvern; another good hero) are S rank, which makes them more rare to get, and thus harder to find public people who have them (and also bothered leveling them up).

Hige

Fortunately I have Ellvern and my R'zonand has like 54% skill boost, so Heal All triggers frequently. But since Zafitte can also poison she can sub for Ellvern, whereas Bonna or Zeera are really important. I wish I had them.

Hige

I hosted a public Lamia game where people seemed to know what they're doing, so I threw 2 energy at the boss fight and got the summon and a Harpe.

Yay, I guess? I don't know if I'll go through with upgrading her lol. Screw this battle.

Aexact

I don't know what the drop rate on the knight of penta and harpes is but I'm winning like... feels like 5-10% of the attempts vs. Lamia. Even when we win, it's dropped a Hierophant or nothing at all, which is just despair.

Well, I'm getting tolerably acquainted with losing slower vs. Lamia at least. I know what they say about "if the one constant is you, then maybe you're the problem" but I swear it's not cause I'm bad at the game! I've seen the terrabattleforum chat, everyone's having the same issues haha.

Man.

Well, I'm getting tolerably acquainted with losing slower vs. Lamia at least. I know what they say about "if the one constant is you, then maybe you're the problem" but I swear it's not cause I'm bad at the game! I've seen the terrabattleforum chat, everyone's having the same issues haha.

Man.
There's always one guy who doesn't know about the petrify/death monster, or if you get to Lamia some people can't seem to remember when Lamia does her Ram Bash attack.

Hige

Holy crap, I hosted a public game and we beat Lamia without using any continues. The team was nearly perfect though. I brought Olber and Ellvern and the other people had Bonna/Zafitte/Kana/R'zonand. Everyone was pretty good about using hit-and-run tactics and avoiding status effects, but there are so many tricky parts to this fight. My Olber is only around 10% skill boost, but I think he's the only melee character I'd recommend for the fight. He can kill the green lizards in one shot if Giga/Megaspear both trigger, plus he can heal the entire chain for 1500 HP and has +defense capsules. Just amazing. I really need to skill boost him.

Even if you can avoid status effects, I think the "on/off" nature of everything is too intricate. Since the status effect mobs alternate their skills It's "easy" if everything is timed just right, but I would sometimes realize it's my turn and not remember what skills they had just used; to play it safe, I'd just avoid attacking at all when there may have been an opening. It's hard to juggle that information while also poisoning Lamia because she uses Panacea every other turn, so you have to remember if it's even worth poisoning her on that turn or not. Then you have to hope all the eidolons line up just right, because you need a Chaos summon ASAP on the Lamia floor to get an extra tick of poison in there and avoid the Basilisk's petrify/death attack and Lamia's panacea. My team was able to get a Valkyrie 3 attack within two turns of Lamia summoning all those Perenties, which OHKOs everything. After that it's simple, but so many things have to go right during this fight it's crazy.

Finally captured Lamia.
I kept getting items, which I thought was weird before getting the main Eidolon.

This was the fourth game where host used up a bunch of energy.

I guess this is a win for Mistwalker in some ways. :O

Aexact

I hate her.
Hate hate hate hate hate.

Hate.

Give it some time and I can look back on this and say "hey, this encounter was unique and fun and really changed the dynamics of pincering and positioning and being hyper aware of Area(1) enemy range and the importance of having a diverse party and made seeming strange S/SS rank exclusive skills like Poison and Chain Death Ward useful" but at this very moment, I hate her so much.

Q47qzHQ.png
vCpLbdT.png

kiyoaki

Finally got Odin Ultra. Took me four tries.

I should probably at least try to tackle Lamia before the public rooms dry up, but I have none of the characters that seem to be useful in this fight, except maybe for Kana.

meow

I haven't done any coop battles or eidolons, and at this point, not sure if I want to. Would probably piss my teammates off since I have no idea what I'm doing.

Though I do have Kana and Zafitte. Is there anywhere I can read up on the different coop challenges?

I haven't done any coop battles or eidolons, and at this point, not sure if I want to. Would probably piss my teammates off since I have no idea what I'm doing.

Though I do have Kana and Zafitte. Is there anywhere I can read up on the different coop challenges?
Zafitte is top tier for Lamia, and with Kana you're pretty much set for it.
With that combo, you want the level 2 Chaos Eidolon level for the skip turn skill.
(you basically poison units while summoning, and let poison hit during that extra turn)
Although you can run without it once you've learned the fight.

Now all you need to do is join a game, and just remember which monsters to avoid putting your units nearby so they don't get sleep, confused, demoralized, petrified or doomed. Set up the attack to poison from 2 squares afar, kill Lizards with melee guys, etc.

Honestly, after 2 runs you'll get the basics of the fight.

As for the other 3 Eidolon, I think you might be screwed a little with the lack of people running them now, UNLESS you're the one hosting. They're easier than Lamia though.

meow

Zafitte is top tier for Lamia, and with Kana you're pretty much set for it.
With that combo, you want the level 2 Chaos Eidolon level for the skip turn skill.
(you basically poison units while summoning, and let poison hit during that extra turn)
Although you can run without it once you've learned the fight.

Now all you need to do is join a game, and just remember which monsters to avoid putting your units nearby so they don't get sleep, confused, demoralized, petrified or doomed. Set up the attack to poison from 2 squares afar, kill Lizards with melee guys, etc.

Honestly, after 2 runs you'll get the basics of the fight.

As for the other 3 Eidolon, I think you might be screwed a little with the lack of people running them now, UNLESS you're the one hosting. They're easier than Lamia though.
I wouldn't mind being host, I barely go through my energy once per day as it is. But yeah, I don't have any eidolons. I think.

How do the coop battles work? are you controlling everyone's characters or just your own?

Momentary

Banned
I really feel like eidolon battles should be free. No Stamina involved. I've lost so much stamina from people disconnection midfights due to phones going into sleep mode during wait times.

kiyoaki

Thank you for the heads up. I received my bookwalker.jp coins today (I had already given up on them since I didn't receive anything within the first three days after registering) and bought the guide right away. Yulia looks like a useful character for money grinding.

J0dy77

Anyone have a link?

Top Bottom