• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker/Hironobu Sakaguchi's Terra Battle |OT| Season 2 has been unleashed!

duckroll

So if you have a SS character does it get an upgrade to Z class, or will I have to pray and pull the PoT?

Because outside of my first five pulls, I haven't gotten anything higher than an A rank.

The way the DNA Rearrangement system was described on the stream is that for select SS characters (Lewto, Piz'fer, Jennish, and Zerro are confirmed), there will be a Z evolution where you can take that character, a specific monster, and a specific item, and turn them into the Z version of that character. It counts as a new character, it starts at lvl1, but it carries over skill boost. Once this happens, you lose the previous SS character, and it can be pulled again from PoT.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Dang, I was hoping Amina would be better, being SS and all. I have been using the generic healer since the beginning and all the way up to ch 16. I then pulled those two yesterday which rounds out my team nicely. I'd like to level the two of them but you're right that level curve on SS is sloooow. Right now I'm trying to get my Koko and Jennish up to 35 on their second jobs just to change over to the third and it's monotonous.

Is there many dragons late game? I was kind of leaning towards Grace since she has terra bow while Pupru has Wildshot, which has a miss chance. Also mood swing never hits for me... ever.

Thanks for the reply!
Yeah, the SS healers don't have very much utility compared to Heal All characters. I ran through the game with Amimari, but I can distinctly remember times when I wish I had Heall All, especially in Chapter 18. There's a couple dragon bosses in the latter part of the story, but she's way more useful when Bahamut and Leviathan come back, in fact almost indisposable.

duckroll

Welllppp, I guess I should start playing this again soon...

Should probably wait until actual new content has a roadmap first. Meanwhile just keep collecting energy from daily login bonuses lol. I'm just glad I'm really new to the game so I haven't experienced any content drought yet. Gonna slowly truck through the remaining story chapters while grinding my characters.

Outstanding stuff they should be adding in the new couple of months/weeks:
- Phoenix and Raizin eidolon Co-op Quest battles
- DNA system
- Sakaguchi boss event
- Matsuno dungeon
- The Last Story collaboration event
- VS mode
- Story mode season 2

I wonder if they'll be patching in the battle illustrations as part of season 2. Seems like something which would take a loooooooong time to make given their limited resources. :p

Soulflarz

Banned
Should probably wait until actual new content has a roadmap first. Meanwhile just keep collecting energy from daily login bonuses lol. I'm just glad I'm really new to the game so I haven't experienced any content drought yet. Gonna slowly truck through the remaining story chapters while grinding my characters.

As of last week, I stopped even doing login bonus at well over 100 days. I have enough S/SS characters to last my life.
I stopped at the final boss too :/

Momentary

Banned
Just got Suoh today on PoF. ;_; Was hoping for that badass Sheena. Anyway. It seems like PoF is winding down for me. Getting a few named characters/monsters now instead of generic monsters/characters.

Just got Suoh today on PoF. ;_; Was hoping for that badass Sheena. Anyway. It seems like PoF is winding down for me. Getting a few named characters/monsters now instead of generic monsters/characters.
I should be done today.
Feels good seeing only golden pages fly up the PoF (Suoh, Sheena and Camellia) .

:)

Visceir

The way the DNA Rearrangement system was described on the stream is that for select SS characters (Lewto, Piz'fer, Jennish, and Zerro are confirmed), there will be a Z evolution where you can take that character, a specific monster, and a specific item, and turn them into the Z version of that character. It counts as a new character, it starts at lvl1, but it carries over skill boost. Once this happens, you lose the previous SS character, and it can be pulled again from PoT.

This is neat, makes me want a second SS mage tho. I'm sitting on 70+ energy now but I don't think I'll be using those anytime soon, even when I finish up the coin pulls.

Only got a few of the last bosses left in the coin pool. Wondering if I should get Sheena to job3 first, so that she actually benefits from the +5 levels/pull.

So after completing the PoF, I went ahead with 40 PoT pulls.

No Invincible unfortunately, and 2/3 duplicates.

I did get Zerro though, which is the next SS mage I wanted alongside my Piz'fer.

Foolworm

This is neat, makes me want a second SS mage tho. I'm sitting on 70+ energy now but I don't think I'll be using those anytime soon, even when I finish up the coin pulls.

Only got a few of the last bosses left in the coin pool. Wondering if I should get Sheena to job3 first, so that she actually benefits from the +5 levels/pull.

Oh definitely. While you're at it, level all her jobs to at least level 20 so that the dupe pulls push her to the level cap AND max her skill boost.

OMG....
OMG....
OMG....

They just added a "use 10 pulls in a row = get 2 S+ rank in them"

...and I wasted 200 Energy yesterday.

Kill me...
Kill me now...

Slashlen

I just used up 100 energy in that promo even though I'm maybe 3 weeks from finishing PoF. Thankfully I avoided all of the PoF adventurers. Got:

2 SSs, both new, one is Lewto.
2 Ss, both new.
10 As, 8 new.
6 Bs, 1 new.

I think I doubled my pool of adventurers.

meow

2/10 for S+ rank is about the same I get just from pulling regularly. I've pulled 24 adventurers (not including Bahl and Kuscah from the initial start) and 6 of them are S or SS. I think I've only pulled a dupe from Pact of Truth 3 or 4 times. Was thinking and at least one of those dupes was a Palpa (I remember being annoyed) so my S+ pull rate is more like 1/4. Have I just been really lucky?

After the last God knows how many individual pulls with nothing but dupes and b ranks they throw this out...

I'm saving and not pulling until the next one

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Spent my 100 energy... only SS was Amina.

but then

PkPsIp2.png
Totally what I needed to get back into this game!

Visceir

I'm one weekend away from clearing out my coin pool. Think I'm gonna pass up on this event and continue saving my energy. Sitting on 71 energy right now. Maybe they'll add more worthwhile things for me to pull -- more Z characters. *hopeful*

Spent my 100 energy... only SS was Amina.

but then

Totally what I needed to get back into this game!

Grats~

Wow. First rate up event ever, and I'm sitting on a huge pile of.... 5 energy. FML!

Time to spend that $$$

Momentary

Banned
THis seems kind of low... Every 10 in a row I've pulled has had 3 gold or more. I just wasted 50 energy yesterday and pulled 2. Not even going to spend the other 250 energy I got on this. Seems like a trick.

THis seems kind of low... Every 10 in a row I've pulled has had 3 gold or more. I just wasted 50 energy yesterday and pulled 2. Not even going to spend the other 250 energy I got on this. Seems like a trick.
You must've been lucky in your previous pulls.
Odds are low to even get a single gold card, so this event is great since it makes sure you do get at least 2 of them.

Momentary

Banned
You must've been lucky in your previous pulls.
Odds are low to even get a single gold card, so this event is great since it makes sure you do get at least 2 of them.

When I re-rolled this account I got 1 SS and 1 S on my first 2 pulls. I figured this must have been a hot account so I stuck with it.

Visceir

I've usually gotten a gold too whenever I've pulled more than 5. Those event odds don't seem all that impressive to me -- especially considering it's not even a guaranteed SS but just gold.

Folstern

Now that they've had one PoT event like that I'm going to save up for the next. Do not feel like blowing that much cash to get a couple S characters.

duckroll

I think I've had pretty good luck with pulling so far, so I'm in no hurry to put money down for energy. Especially since I'm near the end of the game now, and I'm still having fun leveling my existing characters and finishing the story. They should be adding a lot more stuff in the new couple of months anyway, so it makes more sense to save up energy for another event, or until the next season of the story comes out with more stuff to pull.

Soulflarz

Banned
I think I've had pretty good luck with pulling so far, so I'm in no hurry to put money down for energy. Especially since I'm near the end of the game now, and I'm still having fun leveling my existing characters and finishing the story. They should be adding a lot more stuff in the new couple of months anyway, so it makes more sense to save up energy for another event, or until the next season of the story comes out with more stuff to pull.

Seriously, you dont need to spend money on this game, nor do I think it's worth it. They give you a lot of energy compared to the price they charge for more.

It should be cheaper to actually buy it tbh :/

linkent

Wth, i always kept the habit of saving 50+ energy and use when i have 55 or above.
Then this weekend after those coin run, i accidentally press the 5 energy button and get Samupi.
Only have 47 Energy now, cant do that 10in a row :(

Momentary

Banned
Wth, i always kept the habit of saving 50+ energy and use when i have 55 or above.
Then this weekend after those coin run, i accidentally press the 5 energy button and get Samupi.
Only have 47 Energy now, cant do that 10in a row :(

There will be better deals down the road. Trust me.

Seriously, you dont need to spend money on this game, nor do I think it's worth it. They give you a lot of energy compared to the price they charge for more.

It should be cheaper to actually buy it tbh :/

I feel like 100 energy should be about 30 bucks.

kiyoaki

Yes, the energy prices are pretty ridiculous, especially in relation to all the free energy they're giving away. Today alone I got six free energy from the 2x consecutive login bonus.

Momentary

Banned
Got Yulia, Zeera, and, Bajanna on one team maxed out and damn are the coin creeps showering MD with coin. I thought Yulia would suck, but her pick pocket ability earns me at least 800-2000 extra gold per run depending on mobs. So far I haven't had a run below 11,500.

duckroll

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNgWGarPkrE

1.8 million downloads reached, Mitsuda lives!

Now that all the new music Download Starter goals have been attained, I guess they can finally release more new content soon. Shimomura's already appeared with Lamia, Ito's is supposed to be music for Part 2 of the game, and Mitsuda's track is supposed to be for a super tough boss, so Mistwalker better get cracking. :p

Visceir

Music is seriously good in this game. Wonder if we'll get any information on the console version when we hit 2 mil downloads.

Now that all the new music Download Starter goals have been attained, I guess they can finally release more new content soon. Shimomura's already appeared with Lamia, Ito's is supposed to be music for Part 2 of the game, and Mitsuda's track is supposed to be for a super tough boss, so Mistwalker better get cracking. :p

MITSUDAAAA <3

Munba

So awesome.
When we will have the possibility to purchase OST somewhere?

Btw, hope mitsuda will be back in some new console games soon..

Top Bottom