• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker/Hironobu Sakaguchi's Terra Battle |OT| Season 2 has been unleashed!

Visceir

Thanks.
That's some crazy nice art.

Now it makes me want to pull more SS units. O.O

Yeah, wish I had more too. Right now I've only got Olber, Piz'fer and Amina+the coin characters. A second SS mage would be neat to have, would probably make leveling up the Z class rebirths easier too as right now I'm overly reliant on my SS mage when doing metal zones/leveling up other characters.

Edit: I'm done for today/now/whatever.

Eidolon quests are pretty insane. Even though my levels are appropriate, they seem to expect having much more advanced skills ready.

Red Mage

I just want to say that... I love Rikken. Not the most powerful SS character, but a 800% boost to recruiting is so good. ^_^

Seems they'll have a special crossover collaboration event with The Last Story, which they'll show at next Nico stream on the 23rd.

CCof2RkVEAAO072.jpg

Also, thought this was cute:
CCh8HanUEAAs_Mt.png

I've been content with my pulls thus far but I'm going to go nuts wanting the Last Story characters.

Maybe there will be an event that gives them a higher chance to drop like event relics in Final Fantasy Record Keeper.

duckroll

Eidolon quests are pretty insane. Even though my levels are appropriate, they seem to expect having much more advanced skills ready.

Yeah I feel that maybe I should point out that if you're still early in the game, you shouldn't worry about this too much for now. The lvl25 cap doesn't mean that lvl25 characters on Job1 are expected to be able to beat it. They're definitely designed as late game challenges, so the expectation is usually that you have at least one pretty good character to match what the challenge needs with all 3 jobs at that level. So if you have a sword characters who are lvl25 on all 3 jobs giving them more sword attacks, Artemis should be doable. But if you only have guys at the first job at lvl25, it's going to be pretty rough because a) the first job stats are the weakest, b) you don't have enough useful abilities. Hope that helps!

I've been content with my pulls thus far but I'm going to go nuts wanting the Last Story characters.

Maybe there will be an event that gives them a higher chance to drop like event relics in Final Fantasy Record Keeper.

It's not going to be a pull I think. People have datamined an event dungeon connected to the characters, so it is likely to be a special event quest like Bahamut/Leviathan/Odin with drop rates for the characters I think. We'll find out next week!

Yeah I feel that maybe I should point out that if you're still early in the game, you shouldn't worry about this too much for now. The lvl25 cap doesn't mean that lvl25 characters on Job1 are expected to be able to beat it. They're definitely designed as late game challenges, so the expectation is usually that you have at least one pretty good character to match what the challenge needs with all 3 jobs at that level. So if you have a sword characters who are lvl25 on all 3 jobs giving them more sword attacks, Artemis should be doable. But if you only have guys at the first job at lvl25, it's going to be pretty rough because a) the first job stats are the weakest, b) you don't have enough useful abilities. Hope that helps!
I think there's a combination of needing those skills and just having a strategy. I managed to find someone that helped me out and taught me the ropes. We cleared Artemis and Chaos without much issue without me having advanced skills, but Valkyrie destroyed us nice and easy though. I'll definitely just come back to this later, it was just nice to try it out while it was "free."

It's not going to be a pull I think. People have datamined an event dungeon connected to the characters, so it is likely to be a special event quest like Bahamut/Leviathan/Odin with drop rates for the characters I think. We'll find out next week!
Hype.

duckroll

From what we know of Z-class upgrades for SS characters, they are created from fusion system which requires the SS character, a specific monster, and a specific item. The process is irreversible and you will end up with a lvl1 Z version of that character while losing the SS version. Skill boost is transferred, and the Z character apparently has access to all the skills the SS character did, but nothing else carries over. We still don't know if the Z class upgrades are single jobs or if they have 3 new jobs on their own. We also don't know the exact requirements of the upgrade.

Presumably we'll find out more during the stream next week where they will also reveal details on the Last Story collaboration stuff.

Visceir

They will be an upgrade like a new job, the SS version will be lost and can be recruited again.

Hmm, I find it unlikely that we'll be able to get the SS char again. Most likely you'll be just pulling the Z character again from the pool. Wouldn't make much sense story wise to have 2 different versions of a character in your party.

We still don't know if the Z class upgrades are single jobs or if they have 3 new jobs on their own. We also don't know the exact requirements of the upgrade.

Creating 3 new jobs would be a lot of work, but I can't imagine Z classes being superior with just 1 job.

duckroll

Hmm, I find it unlikely that we'll be able to get the SS char again. Most likely you'll be just pulling the Z character again from the pool. Wouldn't make much sense story wise to have 2 different versions of a character in your party.

Creating 3 new jobs would be a lot of work, but I can't imagine Z classes being superior with just 1 job.

No they've definitely confirmed that you can pull the SS character again after losing it. That's part of the point, this way, even people who have 100% Skill-boosted their SS characters will return them to the pull pool by upgrading to Z. The SS and Z characters are considered different characters essentially. No one is going to be overly concerned about the "story" inconsistency considering how Palpa can still be used even by the end of the story. :p

Regarding the jobs though, it is possible that the Z class upgrades act essentially like 4th jobs but without the ability to switch back to jobs 1-3. So if the entire skill pool of jobs 1-3 are available to be selected for the 4 additional skill slots, and the 4 skills of the Z class are good stuff, and the stats are higher than the SS character's Job3, that would be a pretty enticing upgrade.

I wish ingame lore would explain the random floating monsters that 1/3 of the cast seem to have floating around with no concern.

I mean, no one seems to bat an eye to a toddler having a nightmarish creature acting as its babysitter 24/7

i know about the small orb like animals that P'zfier has but....

New A'misandra Z is damn awesome.

Now I really want an SS healer.

kawaiiiiiiiii!~

Aexact

New A'misandra Z is damn awesome.

Now I really want an SS healer.

Those are Fire Emblem: Awakening feet!

Oh man, Last Story! I love that game. Whatever the event is, I hope they tone it back a little from the Lamia event, that stuff was hair pulling (and I want to be able to beat it).

What I'm doing right now is waiting until my current chapter is on "double item" day to play through it. It seems like it roates every three days, so Chapter Eight will be on Monday. This is making sure I don't burn through everything too fast (although I know I'm going to regret not having a nice high-level team ready when the Last Story content hits, eh).

Since I have a disturbing amount of items for where I am, this weekend is all about milking Coin Creeps to start getting my new jobs.

Also, I'm feeling obligated to use Ethereal, since my friend got me a code from her magazine app, but she/it doesn't have any jobs and her/its skill boost is so slow. And the girl with the monster looks like another friend of mine, so I'm keep her/it in the party, haha.

duckroll

The daily bonus doesn't rotate every 3 days, it's a 15 day rotation, there are some days with no bonuses at all, some days with monster drop rate up bonus, and some days with item drop up bonus. Definitely not worth waiting to run through a chapter. If you need to grind for a specific boss drop you can always do it later when the bonus shows up later.

Here's a chart: http://terrabattle.wikia.com/wiki/Daily_Bonus

I meant that it moves up a chapter every three days. Chapter Seven on yesterday, Chapter Eight will be Monday.

I'm fine with that right now, obviously if I get to a point where I can't pass a chapter right away, I'll just forget about it, but I am synced up with it at the moment.

I think if I can get a couple of hits on my referral code, I'll be able to do a Patch of Truth x 10 pull later this week.

It will also be my first Pact of Truth pull since I came back to the game, plus the Season Two announcement, I might be a little too excited for it to happen.

i dont know how you guys did these coin pulls. went through my full stamina run, used 1 energy, did it again and only got ~110k. this is gonna take a while for 3m

Visceir

I'm more curious if everyone has their own specific strategy how they go about doing the coin creeps.

I usually just leave my characters in the bottom row and let the monsters come to me. With Bahamut/Piz'fer I can deal enough column damage to kill everything in its radius, really. The rest of the team is usually characters I want to raise the SB on. Keeping them in a line like that also ensures everyone gets their skills activated.

I'm more curious if everyone has their own specific strategy how they go about doing the coin creeps.

I usually just leave my characters in the bottom row and let the monsters come to me. With Bahamut/Piz'fer I can deal enough column damage to kill everything in its radius, really. The rest of the team is usually characters I want to raise the SB on. Keeping them in a line like that also ensures everyone gets their skills activated.

damn. i also run the baha/piz'fer team, but i usually am just trying to line up bahamuts cross skill to hit anything not ohko'd by pizf'er horizontal skill. (with the occasional float from eileen)

damisa

That's exactly how I did it. Also used Bahamut and Pizfer. Would use Pizfer to line up the power orb

Acidote

Argh, need to finish season 1. I'm on chapter 27 and I've spent too much time leveling too many characters and jobs to 60. I'm focusing on the campaign now with my awful team.

duckroll

Argh, need to finish season 1. I'm on chapter 27 and I've spent too much time leveling too many characters and jobs to 60. I'm focusing on the campaign now with my awful team.

Leveling a good range of characters to lvl65 on all jobs should pay off in chapters 27-30. :p

The battles definitely reward players who have more than just a fixed limited party. I went through most of the game with a pretty dedicated sword party with Korin as the backbone, but towards the end I started leveling bow and spear teams as well, which came in very handy. Having a mix of elemental options helps too. I had to brute force the Tiamat battle since the only fire/ice character I have is Zan, but Pupropu, Samatha, and Bagunar made fighting the battles with lots of dark units a breeze... until they became a liability later when faced with groups of enemies with absorbed lightning attacks. That's when Zenzoze helped carry my team though. Even B class units have their use! :)

Acidote

Zuzu is my favorite character so far, he's a damage beast. Recently picked up my first SS: Zerro. I think I need to level more of her jobs so she can be helpful too. A'merpact was luckily an early draft. Ma'curi was really helpful too and he's a B class. This is my whole roster for now:

DXQikUV.jpg

So, what's this about getting special codes for watching the live stream on Nico Nico?

Anybody have details on this? They gave an exclusive character last time, it seems.

Visceir

So, what's this about getting special codes for watching the live stream on Nico Nico?

Anybody have details on this? They gave an exclusive character last time, it seems.

I think you have to be a premium member for niconico to get the codes. They usually also share a general code for either bonus items or energy, but usually people here are kind enough to forward it to the whole thread.

Guess the new stream isn't too far off now. It's the 23th and japanese time, right?

That's exactly how I did it. Also used Bahamut and Pizfer. Would use Pizfer to line up the power orb

I always pincer with melee characters since wizards trigger most of their skills no matter what. Makes more sense to use those who need to be pincering to activate their skills.

Currently still trying to get Olber's SB up, guess I should work on Yukken too now that it is confirmed she has a Z class transformation.

Negator

Started playing the game again after a long hiatus. Made my through Ch 26-28 and just beat Lich.

Hopefully will be all caught up in time for Season 2.

Started playing the game again after a long hiatus. Made my through Ch 26-28 and just beat Lich.

Hopefully will be all caught up in time for Season 2.
Welcome back. I just came back too.

Did you ever cash in a friend referral code? Five free energy. Let me know, I haven't had any takers yet, haha.

While we wait for Friday morning, today's "What's New" has another announcement.

Terra Battle launches in Taiwan, Hong Kong and Macau.

To celebrate, all new players get Sorman instead of a generic healer until 05/30.

duckroll

Yeah there should also be a code for 5 free energy on the TW/HK Facebook account when it actually launches later today. Maybe you don't need that Friend referral after all! Sorry, already used mine when I started playing. :(

Sakaguchi is also tweeting that the big update is coming really soon. So it should be today or tomorrow hopefully! V Jump also confirms that they'll have coverage on the next set of Download Starter goals for the new season next issue, and they'll be covering the "Reincarnation" system. Sounds like the DNA Reconstruction system for SS -> Z isn't the only thing Mistwalker has planned.

Top Bottom