• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker/Hironobu Sakaguchi's Terra Battle |OT| Season 2 has been unleashed!

I've updated that online tracker for myself and it says I have about 2.2 million coins to go. Luckily I just got Zeera yesterday so I'll be leveling her up after this weekend. I'm also thinking about using a couple of energies to expedite the process since I'm just went ahead and used my Google play gift card to push me over 300. I figure if I get 1,000,000 for the next 2 weekends I'll be good to try for Invincible. So far I've spent about 50 bucks on the game. Couldn't help myself.

Progress so far (I didn't take the time to fill out their jobs and levels because I'm just using the program to track PoF progress):

There's people that already have all the characters. Like that guy that drew Invincible on Youtube. He's gotta be loaded.

Where did that screenshot come from? What program are you referring to?

zulux21

There's people that already have all the characters. Like that guy that drew Invincible on Youtube. He's gotta be loaded.

you actually could have all of the characters at this point without spending a dime.
you would just have to have grinded forever to get everyone's skill boosts up.

but yeah if you have everyone maxed you likely spent some money or hacked your save at this point.

Half year celebration.

Five Free Energy: UCGKg3epmMA9Yjb2.

Energy prices have been reduced (it doesn't say if that's temporary or permanent).

Example: x14 for $7.99 or x30 for $15.99.

jhEtWbk.jpg

zulux21

Took my 5 free energy straight to the tavern and got Gaiga. Happy semi-Birthday!

I took my 5 free energy and.... left it in my stack. I am back up to 16... goal is to have at least 50 before they do another roll 10 times get 2 golds things. I have no pressing needs right now for characters.

I'll likely try to remember to do coin creep this weekend. for the last two months or so I have only bothered to log in for dailies nothing else.

I have just been collecting daily bonus for a while now, just last night I realized the arena event was for job items but it ends today.

Should I burn a few energy on refills to take advantage of this? My friend who plays was really raving about it last time it ran.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Yeah, I've become lazy; gotta find time to get B% on Invincible.
That's after I get all the other new units I pulled to 65/65/65 though.

Lamia finally level 3. :D
Been hosting it hardcore this past week, since Lamia public games are basically non-existant.

I should've ran it when CO-OP costed no stamina, but I was really busy that week.

Bring on Phoenix!

Aye, screw it. I'm blowing a character pull to run the special quest all day.

Next time I'll pay better attention to the announcements (since I thought this was just another summon I couldn't have beat).

garath

I'm addicted to mobile games. I already play Chain Chronicle, Brave Frontier and FF:Record Keeper but I keep hearing about Terra Battle so I downloaded it.

Is this still a good guide as far as a tier list for re-rolling a starter?

http://terrabattleforum.com/threads/guide-how-to-start-playing.83/

First choice = Lewto, Piz'fer, Jennish, Zerro (the mages)
Second choice = Yukken, Koko, Czekras, Samatha, Rikken
Third choice = Olber, Suoh, Gugba, Amimari
Fourth choice = Amina, A'misandra, Gaiga, Sheena, Camellia

zulux21

I'm addicted to mobile games. I already play Chain Chronicle, Brave Frontier and FF:Record Keeper but I keep hearing about Terra Battle so I downloaded it.

seems like a fine starter though Olber seems like he would be a terrible starter given his SS exp crawl and needing tons of levels before he is actually useful.

Xetherion

Lol, welcome to the club. I play all those as well except Chain Chronicle (tried it, didn't care for it). That tier list is okay, but here's a more thorough one they've been working on at the subreddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/TerraBattle/wiki/tierlist

Big one that's missing from that other tier list: Gatz. Treasure Hunter is a great ability, and Levitation is extremely helpful in certain chapters. One of my friends rage quit at chapter 18 because he didn't have Levitation (dumbass could've done it with me Co Op because I have a character with the skill too, but impatient moron couldn't wait and now refuses to come back to the game).

garath

Lol, welcome to the club. I play all those as well except Chain Chronicle (tried it, didn't care for it). That tier list is okay, but here's a more thorough one they've been working on at the subreddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/TerraBattle/wiki/tierlist

Big one that's missing from that other tier list: Gatz. Treasure Hunter is a great ability, and Levitation is extremely helpful in certain chapters. One of my friends rage quit at chapter 18 because he didn't have Levitation (dumbass could've done it with me Co Op because I have a character with the skill too, but impatient moron couldn't wait and now refuses to come back to the game).

Nice. Thanks :) I'm on roll number 4. Two pulls each time with the bonus energy code on this page plus the tutorial. At least the tutorial goes pretty quick. Takes about 10min per reroll.

At this rate I'll probably just stop at the first SS regardless lol.

Visceir

zulux21

More like Lewto, Piz'fer, Jennish, Zerro (the mages) = only right choise. Even more so now that we know those have confirmed Z rank evolutions.

is the z rank character any good? aka would that be a decent starting character... I know nothing about it lol.

Visceir

is the z rank character any good? aka would that be a decent starting character... I know nothing about it lol.

Right now there is only one Z rank character in the game. I don't think the items needed for its job changes are in the game yet and it requires way more exp to level than regular SS characters. I'd probably still take an SS mage over that Z character right now if I was starting out new.

SS mages are a huge help later on for stuff like leveling up other lower level characters in metal zones and such.

Zuzu is my secret favorite starter behind the SS mages. He gets a skill that deals 1000 dmg flat at a really low level -- makes many boss fights early on much easier + the chain evasive arts buff that is also quite OP, but that's at lvl 65.

Nice. Thanks :) I'm on roll number 4. Two pulls each time with the bonus energy code on this page plus the tutorial. At least the tutorial goes pretty quick. Takes about 10min per reroll.

At this rate I'll probably just stop at the first SS regardless lol.

You could probably also use the referral code system to get some extra quick energy, you get 5 energy for the first one.

garath

Right now there is only one Z rank character in the game. I don't think the items needed for its job changes are in the game yet and it requires way more exp to level than regular SS characters. I'd probably still take an SS mage over that Z character right now if I was starting out new.

SS mages are a huge help later on for stuff like leveling up other lower level characters in metal zones and such.

Zuzu is my secret favorite starter behind the SS mages. He gets a skill that deals 1000 dmg flat at a really low level -- makes many boss fights early on much easier + the chain evasive arts buff that is also quite OP, but that's at lvl 65.

You could probably also use the referral code system to get some extra quick energy, you get 5 energy for the first one.

Referral code system? Not familiar with that.

Ugh. I just pulled an S and an SS. I kind of want to stop. 7 tries so far.

S is Gatz which Xeth mentioned and the SS is Suoh (tier 3 on the starter guide I linked, not appearing in the reddit wiki :/)

Thoughts?

Arkanius

God damnit you guys.
I had 20 energy saved up already and all that "Pulled Invencible" made me splurge it all.

On rerolls of Ba'gunar and A characters.
Thanks!

Xetherion

Referral code system? Not familiar with that.

Ugh. I just pulled an S and an SS. I kind of want to stop. 7 tries so far.

S is Gatz which Xeth mentioned and the SS is Suoh (tier 3 on the starter guide I linked, not appearing in the reddit wiki :/)

Thoughts?

Both those are pretty great characters, though Suoh is one of the few SS characters you can get from Pact of Fellowship (coin pull) as well as the Pact of Truth (energy pull). He's a lot more rare in the PoF though (tons of monsters in the PoF pool so chances of characters like Suoh are much lower compared to PoT).

I'd keep that roll anyway because Suoh is very, very good. Once you unlock his other jobs he can change between all 3 weapon types, has stackable 1.2x atk self buff, stackable -25% phys dmg self buff (can get 100% dmg reduction!), and Love Thy Neighbor (boosts skill proc rate for adjacent allies).

I have little patience for rerolling though so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

garath

Thanks guys. Good input. I backed up that roll and I'll see if something else hits in the next few rerolls. I generally have limited patience for the reroll too. Its the worst part of starting a gatcha game hands down.

zulux21

Thanks guys. Good input. I backed up that roll and I'll see if something else hits in the next few rerolls. I generally have limited patience for the reroll too. Its the worst part of starting a gatcha game hands down.

for the record you don't remotely need to reroll in terra battle. the game is completely doable without any s or SS characters, and the game gives you plenty of energy that you will likely have the character you need by the time you reach the point you will need a certain character. Especially if you don't rush after unlocking hunting zone 2 and using that time to get jobs and levels.

for the record you don't remotely need to reroll in terra battle. the game is completely doable without any s or SS characters, and the game gives you plenty of energy that you will likely have the character you need by the time you reach the point you will need a certain character. Especially if you don't rush after unlocking hunting zone 2 and using that time to get jobs and levels.
I'd still reroll if I got some Bs or weird As.
That free 5 energy roll (10 with current code) is pretty godly.

I think I can squeeze in four more rounds of the Gormandizer Hunt if my time math is correct.

Hopefully what I've pulled today will be useful.

Here was my haul the one time I was able to take down the boss.

CCPLf5tUwAAOUOW.jpg

garath

Yep. Can't do it anymore lol. I think I rerolled about 15 more times without even a single SS. I'll live with my gatz and suoh. Time to start playing! Hah

Falk

that puzzling face
I started the game without even knowing you were ~supposed~ to reroll.

It's... really not worth the effort, especially when the game throws Energy at you to flesh out your roster.

putermcgee

I finally beat the game the other day, and my wife did the same yesterday. Now I'm just leveling up other characters for the hell of it, and now I have a budding team of dragons: Neo Bahamut, Neo Leviathan, Vajra, Onyx Dragon, Whitewyrm, and Pegawyrm. I'm trying to get Celestial Dragon to replace Pegawyrm since I don't need two fire dragons (and it's a nice chance to replace a B-class with and A-class).

What I don't get is why Whitewyrm's third job unlocks at level 40, not 35 like everyone else. And I'm guessing it's written somewhere, but how strong is Whitewyrm's Dracoheal? Are there other dragons with healing abilities?

I started the game without even knowing you were ~supposed~ to reroll.

It's... really not worth the effort, especially when the game throws Energy at you to flesh out your roster.
Not sure if you're serious, but you're not supposed to re-roll. You definitely don't need SS or whatever to get through the game.

Anybody want to try co-op since it's free this week?

I'm only on Chapter Six though, not sure how it works for different leveled players.

meow

oh man, the last time they did zero stamina eidolons, I wasted soooo much time playing...I only know how to run the first levels right now and chaos II though.

I think I'm about to bail out on this game.
You pulled Jaguna from PoT didn't you ? :O

Anybody want to try co-op since it's free this week?

I'm only on Chapter Six though, not sure how it works for different leveled players.
You can try asking the live chat on terrabattleforum.com, but usually people don't join up for story chapter battles.

Also, when someone joins your game, their character levels get lowered to the required level of the stage. (I think Chapter 6 is like ~18 or something)

duckroll

I don't think co-op is free this week, only co-op quests, which are the Eidolon battles. If you're only at ch6, it is unlikely that your characters are going to be of much help in any of those fights, even the ones at the low lvl25 cap.

meow

There was a guide I -thought- was on the terra battle forums that I used last time to figure out the eidolon strategies, but I can't find it anymore. It's not this one: http://terrabattleforum.com/threads/guide-general-guide-about-how-to-win-eidolons.5932/

Does anyone happen to know what I might be talking about? It had all of the eidolons in one post (or at least chaos, artemis, and valkyrie), details on the battle, and lists of suggested characters ranked by usefulness.

putermcgee

I've been having pretty good luck with the 10x PoF recruits recently. I've gotten several A-class dragons (got Tiamant last night) and I pulled Velraine as well.

Can you capture enemies while playing co-op? And do both players get them added to their roster? If so, I'd be down with hosting co-op battles in 21-10 to try getting Celestial Dragon. Ideally, I'd like to play with someone who has the Negotiator or Negotiator Pro skill. I'm @putermcgee on Twitter, which would be faster to hit me up.

I don't know how visible this thread is, but I'll host a Valkyrie battle right now.

I'll keep the room open for a bit, so jump in if you want to co-op.

Room #11211.

My guys are about 20-23 so seems okay for the easy fights.

Top Bottom