• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker/Hironobu Sakaguchi's Terra Battle |OT| Season 2 has been unleashed!

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
The random co-op is lol.
I got into a Valkyrie 1 I believe and since levels aren't scaled back, Someone used their Olber ^ and my Samatha ^ to obliterate it in 1 turn.

Hige

Is random co-op only allowed once per day or something? I can't try it again after I quit a match where the host was idling/disconnected.

Hige

That was the first thing I tried. Quit the app and restarted, but the random co-op button just does nothing when I press it.

HawthorneKitty

That was the first thing I tried. Quit the app and restarted, but the random co-op button just does nothing when I press it.
Backing out to the title resets it too.

Ah, just got your problem, had to force close app to gt it to work again.

duckroll

I can't believe this is yet another 2.x.0 update. It's been over a month now since they started teasing "Season 2" stuff, and it's pretty clear they haven't gotten their shit together.

Random Co-op works for now, but it's totally unbalanced. Being totally random also means that parties are going to be unoptimized for serious fights, but maybe that's part of the point? I dunno.

Still no VS Mode. Still no Part 2 Campaign. Still no Matsuno World. Still no Sakaguchi Boss Event. Still no new Eidolons. I guess this is how a successful mobile game service developed by 5 people feels like! :p

Hey, but at least they fixed Zael's embarrassing "Mage Slash". Right?! :p :p

Visceir

Bahamut, Odin and Leviathan now have a recoded Λ version. All three are Z-class.

I like this part. Need to get bahamut Λ.

Haven't downloaded the update yet, curious about the new magic bomb range.

GeoGonzo

Random Co-op works for now, but it's totally unbalanced. Being totally random also means that parties are going to be unoptimized for serious fights, but maybe that's part of the point? I dunno.
Well, as far as I've seen the random co-op is always vs rank 1 eidolons and since there is no leveling down of characters they are all demolished in 1, maybe 2 turns.

So optimizing teams is not needed at all. Also the whole thing is pointless if you already have them captured, I think?

Anyway: like other patches they sneaked a few things in. Tharos (a person who often datamines patches and post about it at terrabattleforum) says they've added "Chapter 31 in data", a new legacy Z character, at least one recruitable monster and confirms the lambda Marilith and Lich: 3 jobs, rank S. And two new dailies.

HawthorneKitty

So optimizing teams is not needed at all. Also the whole thing is pointless if you already have them captured, I think?
The items are still useful and it relieves any need to search for the lowest level if people actually do them nowadays. Hopefully Lamia.

duckroll

YESSSS Perfect Fate! Zael at 3% now! Lol. <3

Koji Ono (the main programmer) tweeted that they'll be announcing some other new stuff tomorrow when they unleash the return of Odin. Probably the Z upgrades for Odin/Leviathan/Bahamut. Hopefully there's more than that! :p

Finalow

from the TB forum,

Datamined changelist

the following information is datamined and may contain errors. None of this is official.

- Bahamut, Odin and Leviathan now have a recoded &#923; version. All three are Z-class.
- Marilith and Lich have a recoded &#923; version, with 3 jobs. Those &#923; are S-class.
- New recruitable monsters (at least one, maybe more) added to PoF (might not be enabled yet, but it will be later)
- New legacy Z character (like Invincible): Seiryu, a Dark mage dragon (no element on first job)
- Chapter 31 added in data
- No new co-op, Eidolons nor dungeon level
- The legacy Z upgrade items (Wisp of Jealousy, Cipher Cell and others) now drops from various monsters all around the game. Full list incoming

sounds good.

already found some new drops from random enemies in the world.

HawthorneKitty

lol, Bahamut takes a Suzaku; did they up the drop rate?
Wish they made Invincible as good as Seiryu though. The art is getting largely cool though... and ugly at the same time.

Visceir

Seiryu looks pretty badass, his skills aren't all that impressive though, or am I missing something?

Guess gravity will be a new status effect?

Having to farm the monsters for evolutions will give everyone a reason to do Bahamut/Leviathan/Odin again.

I sure am glad I have Negotiator Pro

Edit: Bahamut lambda will finally get the meteor attack :eek:

duckroll

I'm pretty disappointed that Marilith's upgrade only has a poison skill as lvl65 skill. Was really hoping that it would be a viable unit to tackle Lamia, but nope.

Visceir

Just realized that I'll probably have to get all of Bahamut's jobs to lvl 80 for DNA recode. More grinding~

Leviathan's Icebind sounds cool, hope we'll get other characters with similar skills that let us freeze characters.

Odin's Zantetsuso seems really good too "Inflict 50.0% of target HP as physical damage, chance 60%", never been a fan of chance based skills tho.

GordonShumway

Neo Member
Been trying for the last week to get Zael and finally managed to pull it off. So happy! And just in time to move on to the Odin event.

I started playing fairly recently so haven't had a chance to tackle the Odin/Leviathan/Bahamut events yet. Any advice how to tackle them to make sure I get everything from them? Looking on the forum, I'm guessing I should skip the Descended stage and use the latter stages since they have higher capture rates.

I started playing fairly recently so haven't had a chance to tackle the Odin/Leviathan/Bahamut events yet. Any advice how to tackle them to make sure I get everything from them? Looking on the forum, I'm guessing I should skip the Descended stage and use the latter stages since they have higher capture rates.
You could skip stage 1 and 2, but Omega isn't easy-mode.
Get ready to s/l more than a few in your first runs.

GordonShumway

Neo Member
You could skip stage 1 and 2, but Omega isn't easy-mode.
Get ready to s/l more than a few in your first runs.

Thanks. So much s/l as of late. How is it compared to The Last Story stuff? Can I just stick with the heavy physical team I used for that or are there specific strategies I need to aim for?

Thanks. So much s/l as of late. How is it compared to The Last Story stuff? Can I just stick with the heavy physical team I used for that or are there specific strategies I need to aim for?
I can't really comment on it much since level cap has been increased by 20 levels since last time Odin was up.

If they don't hard cap the battle, then level 90 guys will make it less painful.

Xetherion

Woohoo, I finally got Zael! I think I just got lucky with the final battle this time, even though I was using short "flick" movements the enemies just ended up aligning where I could kill off a group of them. Then right after I killed the last spark the boss took a position where I could, with very little movement time, set up a double pincer, with a power point, with all my characters on the chain, with Zael and Suoh starting the first pincer, and Odin and Snaip initiating the second. Talk about stars aligning, I don't think i'll ever get a perfect set up like that again.

ewwwww

getting monsters from coins now individually reveals all upgrades. i.e you have to wait for it to spell out the gained level, %sb, and overall %sb instead of it just being a single screen with all that info >_>

Sulik2

I finished Chapter 30 and the Last Story and find my interest in this game finally waning. Nothing left to work towards now. I hope they roll out some more missions at some point.

I finished Chapter 30 and the Last Story and find my interest in this game finally waning. Nothing left to work towards now. I hope they roll out some more missions at some point.
If you're not into CO-OP or &#923; grinding, then I guess you could wait for Story Part 2 instead of getting burnout.

They're bringing back the descended battles for the next 3 weeks if you didn't recruit them.

Visceir

Wait, so there is no limit for co-op quickmatch?

Could just spam it over and over with a 2 character team and gain 5 - 7k exp that way?

Edit: got 75 k exp for each character in 18 min that way.

Meeps

Ugh, now I have to grind so many more characters to recode. I wish there was more advanced notice so I could be ready to recruit Bahamut/Leviathan/Odin again.

Folstern

I need that Bahamut meteor in my life. Luckily my Bahamut is already at 80%~ so I don't need to grab more than 1 Suzaku.

Edit: And it looks like I'm done the TLS portion right in time:
066_zpskpsjjdyz.png

Visceir

I need that Bahamut meteor in my life. Luckily my Bahamut is already at 80%~ so I don't need to grab more than 1 Suzaku.

Edit: And it looks like I'm done the TLS portion right in time:

I'm afraid Bahamut's meteor won't be quite like Gugba's earthquake and will be more like the meteor attack of the guy in the TLS dungeon on floor 6, doing just damage randomly to various enemies on screen. Otherwise it would probably be the best skill in the game.

My Zael is sitting at 50%, can't be bothered to get him any higher. Guess there's still time left.

I hope they will enable lambda versions for bahamut with the event that is starting in a few hours. Still need to level one of his jobs to lvl 80.

I think 30%, maybe 40%, would be a good stopping for Zael, honestly. Unless you just had nothing else to do with your stamina.

I would be happy with 20%, haha.

But I am getting a groove on with it now, I figured out that small flicks are almost always better than trying to get a "perfect" formation, unless that will provide a BIG payoff. Especially in the final boss fight, getting rid of one spark with a flick probably does more for you than wasting a full time bar trying to take out three or four. But Level 4 is so annoying, I (usually) can't kill the shield monster in one turn and the bird monsters purposely keep away from you.

I thought I would use all my stamina today getting Wisdom Flowers, but my first run gave me EIGHT, so I played the Last Story dungeon at work a few times. I'll get my other sevon Wisdom Flowers (for the final job for Maralme) here at home since it's a lot less time to play that dungeon.

HawthorneKitty

I've never killed the shield monster in one turn... I usually see-sawed my attention on that stage, and killed those 1 of those other monsters on its shielding turn.

I've never killed the shield monster in one turn... I usually see-sawed my attention on that stage, and killed those 1 of those other monsters on its shielding turn.
On the stage before, I'd set my units so that they would pincer it from all sides and get the Outflank skill bonus. Easy 1-shot kill.

Wisdom Flowers procured.

Yeah, yeah, that was my point though, because doing that eats up some good time.

On the stage before, I'd set my units so that they would pincer it from all sides and get the Outflank skill bonus. Easy 1-shot kill.
I haven't bothered to pre-prepare units (yet?), especially given how time sensitive the event is. And Level 3 has those lions that bounce you and them around, so everything is always a mess there.

Kinda glad now that I never 100% SB Odin, Bahamut and Leviathan previously.
I'm guessing only 60% is still enough for full Z upgrade.

On the other hand, once I DNA upgrade them, do I go and capture their S version again ?

Insane.

duckroll

Oh man, I take back what I said yesterday lol.

I cleared the first two tiers of Odin. Got Odin and Wailing Wall, didn't get the job item. Tried Chapter 31-1. I brought in a lvl70ish bow-centric party, some of them on Job1 instead of Job3 because I figured why the hell not. Didn't bring a healer. Got wiped pretty quickly lol. Already liking it! They even extended the Zael SB grinding event! Sogood.

Falk

that puzzling face
Did they also change the order of triggering?

AOE spells seem to go before physical skills now.

(I guess this might make TLS stage 9 easier?)

edit: Not all the time though. wtf

duckroll

Beat ch31-1. Cleared the Daily Quest too. Got 1 energy! This Daily Quest is pretty fun in terms of having to position stuff right and take them both out together. The ch31-1 battle was *really* fun. I tweaked my party, brought a healer, and abused the hell out of Samatha Lambda's Control Time +4 to move each turn. Nice to finally get some use out of Harold. :)

Waiting for stamina is now suffering.
Ayyyyy.

I burned mine failing Odin Descended once by taking a rookie party in (for fun) and sans healer, then by doing a Metal Zone 4 and taking that same party back in (now with more healer) to success, with no drop.

Well, I'll probably have one more chance before sleep time.

Fun dungeon though, I can't wait to jump back in.

Falk

that puzzling face
I'm probably going to hold off on 31 and beyond while farming the shit out of the events. The chapters won't be going anywhere, anyway.

Dat music tho.

Wow there's a lot of new content suddenly!

Got screwed by the daily quest because I didn't bring a magic team, and the 2 jellies kept reviving each other. I only found that out after I spent 2 energy reviving my team...

Odin Leviathan and Bahamut can be recoded, and the recodes cannot be pulled from pacts. My Odin's been unused since I recruited him, so it's gonna take AGES to bring him to 80 in all 3 jobs.

And a whole new chapter to tackle!

Does MZ6 appear after beating Chapter 31? I hope it ends up being more efficient than 20-4, but I have my doubts.
"What's New" message does say that Metal Zone 6 has been added.

Also, experience and coins are back for guests in co-op, but the amounts are less than the host.

Top Bottom