• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker/Hironobu Sakaguchi's Terra Battle |OT| Season 2 has been unleashed!

GeoGonzo

Fuuuuck, chapter 31 is goddamn brutal, I got wasted in 3 turns !
Yeah, I hadn't read this thread and went in with a mediocre team at lvl70, hoping to level them up. Nope! Wrecked.

So I brought my best team of lvl90s and easily cleared it. But anyway... I should probably spend my energy on Odin-2, that Wailling Wall isn't going to capture itself.

Deadly

Does nullify healing work for HP drain too? I don't have enough archers to dps Odin and he just drains me at a certain point and then I heal which leaves me at a standoff =/

duckroll

After 3 runs of Odin Evolved without the job item drop, I said fuck it and made an Odin Ultra run. Went better than I expected, even though it was scary at times. The Zantetsuso + Summon Bomb is pretty evil, but luckily I have Control Time +4!

Impair Skills can be annoying if you don't have Power Points saved up, but by that point in the fight you'll either be finishing him off, or he'll be healing back to max with Life Drain the next turn anyway. Lol.

Now I just need to run this again and hopefully get the Job3 item drop!

My party was Harold Job3-Lv78, Bahl Job3-90, Korin Job3-90, Kapori Job3-90, Samatha Lambda Lv72, and Sorman Job3-80. Kapori's Negate Circle of Carnage for my Sword party and Korin's Defense Up is really useful, since my other Bow characters aren't as strong as Bahl.

31-10 is a fun boss.
That feel when no 32 though.

Damn why are you rushing through all the new content so quick. You know how slow Mistwalker is, you gotta ration it! :(

Foolworm

So apparently metal zone 6 is a complete ripoff and not worth running as it is currently. That's pretty crummy since I've been keeping some units at 69 in anticipation of its release.

Spent 150 stamina on Odin before finally getting Wailing Wall. I'll recode the legendaries at my leisure and recapture them the next time their event rolls around.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Damn why are you rushing through all the new content so quick. You know how slow Mistwalker is, you gotta ration it! :(
I wanted to get that 15 minutes more of not playing. :(

Spent 150 stamina on Odin before finally getting Wailing Wall. I'll recode the legendaries at my leisure and recapture them the next time their event rolls around.
I'm kinda at this decision point too. I don't use Odin so he's sitting at 65/65/70 with low B% since I quit the game when the second round of these 3 came along. I don't want to use Odin ^ so it feels like I should grind for those 3%s for the next 4 days.

Visceir

My Odin and Leviathan are at 1/1/1, haha. Only one I really care about is Bahamut, it's a shame they left him for last.

Half way through chapter 31, Olber Λ + Zuzu's evasive arts make my party pretty much unkillable. Do wish I had a bit higher damage output though for bosses.

I'll probably finish up Ch 31 and then farm Odin a little, no plans to level or DNA change him but it'll be good to know the option will be there when I want to.

The 1 energy reward for daily quest seems seriously good. What were the red numbers counting down that the black pudding casted? I killed them before they got to 0

Edit: is chapter 31 second half mostly spear units? Might switch in S'naip if so.

Jagernaut

3 runs of Odin Evolved, got Wailing Wall but no job2 item. How many people use Odin on their party? Bahamut and Leviathan seem to be more popular.

duckroll

YESSSS! Got Rune from Odin Omega. I guess that's that. I might try a few more runs over the next week to get maybe 10% SB for Odin but other than that I'm content! Hopefully it goes as well for Leviathan and Bahamut.... lol...

3 runs of Odin Evolved, got Wailing Wall but no job2 item. How many people use Odin on their party? Bahamut and Leviathan seem to be more popular.

I had the same problem. I just gave up and did an Ultra run instead. If you don't have the job2 item yet, it's a 100% drop from Odin Omega. It's also a good chance to test if your team is able to beat him. :)

HawthorneKitty

I remember when Odin first came out and he was tough for everyone. Strats to not heal were a necessity. Now we can just plow through him.

I remember when Odin first came out and he was tough for everyone. Strats to not heal were a necessity. Now we can just plow through him.

i havent had a chance to tackle him yet, but im salivating at the chance to bring in my last story team for shits n giggles after the struggle i had when it first came out

i'm not even gonna think about positioning or pre-stage strategy. i'm just gonna ram through.

Visceir

Was looking around on terrabattleforums to find the DPS chart and where Odin is ranked.

Odin is 9th best damage dealer, 5th best lance DPS behind the lambdas, Suoh and Ma'curi.

I was really surprised to see Yukken Λ being the highest single pincer damage dealer, for double pincers S'naip and Ma'curi still beat her. Didn't realize her damage output became so high as a lambda...

Odin Λ might rank higher in the DPS chart, although his Λ skills don't exactly favor it and the stat boost isn't as high compared to for example Yukken. Odin Λ has +7 atk on lvl 70, Yukken Λ has +22 atk on lvl 70 compared to regular Yukken.

duckroll

i'm not even gonna think about positioning or pre-stage strategy. i'm just gonna ram through.

Not sure if that'll work for Odin Ultra. :p

I guess that depends on how strong your TLS party is, but with lvl80-90 characters I still find that positioning was pretty important and while I wouldn't say it was "hard", paying attention to what's happening is important.

So apparently metal zone 6 is a complete ripoff and not worth running as it is currently. That's pretty crummy since I've been keeping some units at 69 in anticipation of its release.
They'll buff it for sure, but hopefully soon.

Metal Zone 1-5 at launch was pretty bad too, until they fixed it.

Falk

that puzzling face
Not sure if that'll work for Odin Ultra. :p

I guess that depends on how strong your TLS party is, but with lvl80-90 characters I still find that positioning was pretty important and while I wouldn't say it was "hard", paying attention to what's happening is important.

Don't they get capped to 65?

And yeah I just transplanted my TLS party which has ridiculous single target and blew him up. Left Jennish Λ in there and he was pretty much useless except placebo power gauge filling.

edit:

7xVqene.jpg

dat photo finish

Meeps

Yeah, I only got around 200k even with an exp boost. Hopefully it gets tweaked.

Xetherion

I use Odin whenever I need spears. He's my only physcial Spear unit other than Suoh though, not counting monsters. Now that I got him to J3 90 for TLS I will probably use him more. He's my 3rd best physical dps behind Snaip and Suoh anyway.

Aexact

If I didn't have S'naip, Chapter 31 would be way scarier yeesh. My Ma'curi is level 90 and he's my 2nd best murder machine but even he needs help with OHKOs.

Luckily I have S'naip.

Whoa those vines. Coin Creeps have made me lazy on traps.

Hopefully Eileen's healing will be enough cause I don't want to give up my Levitation laziness. (if there's no more mud monsters after this, I'll just do the Citizen Kane applause).

Jagernaut

I failed on Odin ultra but came close. Either the bombs kill me or I can't quite finish him off before he uses life drain. I tried saving and reloading the last floor but didn't beat him.

I used the team below, I need to switch Bajanna (Lv 61 job3) for Djugan (Lv 54 job3) for his disarm bomb skill. I just need to level Djugan some more.

All Lv 90 job3 but Bajanna

Suoh
Macuri
Bahl
Pahrl
Kuscah
Bajanna

Momentary

Banned
Man I have 90s and that Odin Ultra fight was horrendous for me. Still made it out with the item though. Also got the regular wall mob on the second stage. I don't want to go back for a SB percentage increase. Especially for only a 50% chance of acquiring it.

Falk

that puzzling face
At least that's a 50% drop rate.

Wailing Wall refuses to drop. I feel like I'm going to end up burning energy for stamina refills on the last day and still not get it.

Visceir

Finished up Ch 31. Wish there was a plot summary for the earlier story. I can't really be bothered to go back and do it all again and even then it might not be all too comprehensible.

Baliis

Finished up Ch 31. Wish there was a plot summary for the earlier story. I can't really be bothered to go back and do it all again and even then it might not be all too comprehensible.

You can re-read all the story pages under the options menu if you want.

vladisaac

I failed on Odin ultra but came close. Either the bombs kill me or I can't quite finish him off before he uses life drain. I tried saving and reloading the last floor but didn't beat him.

Hmm, I had a similar discussion with a friend this morning. You are not supposed to heal before Odin uses Life Drain. By not healing, the boss will drain... nothing from your characters.

I haven't completed Ch. 31 yet (farmin Odin SB), but I wish they held up Part 2 and released all chapters in a big patch.
Would've felt like a complete expansion.

I'm not sure if that's what they had planned at first, and maybe fell back on it because people were impatient for content.

Tad disappointed, but not the end of the world.
Back to Odin grind for Λ.

Jagernaut

Hmm, I had a similar discussion with a friend this morning. You are not supposed to heal before Odin uses Life Drain. By not healing, the boss will drain... nothing from your characters.

My main problem is the bombs that i try to avoid and get pushed into anyway by the boss. They also keep me from pushing Kuscah out of the chain. I'll come back later with disarm bomb.

Nope, we're still missing 9 out of a 30 day cycle.
Geez. Well, I guess it's better to have some of it "early," then to wait until it was all ready.

And I'm still mad that I failed the Sweet Pudding Daily Quest.

So what is everybody's favorite and least favorite Daily Quest?

I think my favorite is Crystal Roundelay, because it is the most fun and the power-up items are nice.

Least favorite is Runner Rampage, those things just make me hostile.

Sweet Pudding will probably be new favorite once I figure out how to beat it, because Energy is best reward.

HawthorneKitty

I like playing the runner one because it's funny when they all bunch up and stop each other from moving.

I just noticed how horrible Odin^ is for bosses; that attack upgrade from J3 Odin is also abysmal. Hopefully he finds a use some day on huge defense scrub enemies.

duckroll

Nope, we're still missing 9 out of a 30 day cycle.

There are currently 7 different types of Daily Quests. I think there might only be about 3-4 more to come. Remember that each quest is repeated 2-3 times over the monthly cycle. So probably another 2 more updates before the cycle is complete.

hmm.... on 2nd thought, maybe odin ultra isnt such a good idea.

i already got him, and for 40 energy for a measly 3%, i'd rather try to get more saelz.

how the heck did get him back in the day....

Falk

that puzzling face
At least that's a 50% drop rate.

Wailing Wall refuses to drop. I feel like I'm going to end up burning energy for stamina refills on the last day and still not get it.

Once again bitching on GAF works; went to bed, woke up, got it first run.

duckroll

Getting my U'nasag leveled to prepare for the Leviathan fight. Should be good by the time he arrives. Having a character with 5 ice attacks is going to come in very handy...

Momentary

Banned
And how are you supposed to deal with him reducing the parties HP to one and his new reinforcements killing characters?

Also used for reviving the party.

Part of the strategy is to be at low healthough for when he does life drain. Also heal all after that of you have a character capable of that.

Top Bottom