• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker/Hironobu Sakaguchi's Terra Battle |OT| Season 2 has been unleashed!

Falk

that puzzling face
And how are you supposed to deal with him reducing the parties HP to one and his new reinforcements killing characters?

Leave the mage up. Odin doesn't summon the second wave with the mage up. Then play Bomberman after Zantetsuken. As long as you:

1) Don't touch bombs
2) Avoid the cross-shaped attack from the mage
3) Avoid Odin's own attacks (very choreographed)

You shouldn't ever die.

Of course, all 3 together is easier said than done, but that's how people had to do it at a lv70 cap.

And he's right, paying for new characters that start at lv10 isn't going to do you much good in the short term. Sure, you could blow $1000 on the game, get every single SS/Z that you want during a special pull event, and then cherry pick your party, but you'd still need to level them up - all the $$boost does is to hasten the speed at which you get energy, of which the game is pretty generous with, so if you've been playing a while and have a decent amount saved up during a special pull event you'd get a lot of return.

That aside, burning energy to revive when you can savescum is a little wasteful.

OMG Aero

Around what level should I be to do the first Odin event?
I tried it when my party was between 23-25 and the first two waves were destroying me.

Heng

I think I saw someone mention that the lambda characters have a harder time skilling up their SB%, is it true? I'm close to recoding A'misandra, but her SB% is about 7%. I know I will get an increase when I recode her, but should I level it up a bit more before continuing?

duckroll

Daaaaaaaaaaaamn. Wasted 40 stamina on an Odin Ultra run hoping to get a 3% boost from another drop. Final turn - Samatha is sandwiched by bombs from all sides and one square away from the pincer formation. No negotiator activated, no drop. What a BITCH. Lol.

I think I saw someone mention that the lambda characters have a harder time skilling up their SB%, is it true? I'm close to recoding A'misandra, but her SB% is about 7%. I know I will get an increase when I recode her, but should I level it up a bit more before continuing?

Doesn't seem true, my Samatha Lambda gets SBs all the time. But the best way to take advantage of the recode is to have at least the common enemy ingredient at 100% SB, so you get a 20% increase immediately when you recode. It should be fairly easy if you have a negotiator character and you wait for the Monster drop bonus day for whatever chapter has the most of that monster. If you don't have a negotiator character and don't want to waste time on that, then don't bother with that.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
It's harder because it takes a higher level to unlock the extra skill slots. Add in the possibility that the Lambda might have equips on their natural skills and that you need lv 80 to unlock them all, it can get harder.

Falk

that puzzling face
Pulled Sheena from PoF and I'm at like 5% average on my monster SBs

Today is a good day.

p.s. my Jennish L is like at 35% SB since pulling him two weeks ago. Yeah he's a mage and all that, but anecdotally it doesn't seem to be terrible

AYYYYY. I did it. And. I got it.

Battle #2 was going well, but I accidentally pulled my healer into the double pincer chain. Bah. I did surprisingly well post-absorb, but with only one and two (maybe one?) half decent physical attackers, I just couldn't get the job done.

Battle #3 gave me the devil's luck with bomb placement, dum-dum moved left ONE space from my existing double pincer and the bombs were nowhere near. This time all I cared about was GET THE HEALER AWAY FROM EVERYTHING. Luckily, my secondary objective of double-pincer to Power Point kept as well, given that dude has Control Time.

Lesson for me after Last Story and this; ALL this week I'm going to boost up some more physical attackers.

Koko, I know you SS girl, but you have brought me down all week. *glares*

I'm also tempted to burn an energy so I can coin creeps and get Odin jobbed up.

Pulled Sheena from PoF and I'm at like 5% average on my monster SBs.
( o Y o )

duckroll

PixyJunket, if you have characters with a lot of ice attacks which you haven't been using, now is the time to boost them before Leviathan hits. The fucker has a shield like Mitra, except only ice attacks count towards cancelling it out. Lol.

Visceir

Got Wailing Wall with the very first monster kill in Odin Evolved on first try. God bless Negotiator pro, haha.

Should farm the neccessary items for bahamut DNA recode. What's the Mantle Helix drop rate of the 31-10 boss? It seems like everyone gets one on the first try, is it the same in all the following ones?

Should farm the neccessary items for bahamut DNA recode. What's the Mantle Helix drop rate of the 31-10 boss? It seems like everyone gets one on the first try, is it the same in all the following ones?
If you wait 'till Monday, you'll get the 30-8 bonus item drops for Mantles.

Visceir

Tried 31-10 again and didn't get a mantle helix this time around. Yea, it seems smart to wait until there's double item drop rate for ch 30, it's not like I'll be able to get the neccessary monster for Bahamut change until her event starts anyway.

I wonder what they are going to reveal during the next niconico stream. I'm curious to see more Z versions for SS characters but I probably wouldn't be able to benefit from any of those. Would have to start leveling Amina if her Z version turns out to be better than A'misandra's though.

More download starter goals maybe? About time we get those.

PixyJunket, if you have characters with a lot of ice attacks which you haven't been using, now is the time to boost them before Leviathan hits. The fucker has a shield like Mitra, except only ice attacks count towards cancelling it out. Lol.
Ah, thanks for the tip.

Velraine has a couple and she's high B% now.

I've been playing with Czekras and Y'apkar, but they're both still low, so I guess they're in for some 20-1 this week.

I also have A'merpact, Gigojago (hmm, could use another good archer) and U'nasag in reserve.

duckroll

Ah, thanks for the tip.

Velraine has a couple and she's high B% now.

I've been playing with Czekras and Y'apkar, but they're both still low, so I guess they're in for some 20-1 this week.

I also have A'merpact, Gigojago (hmm, could use another good archer) and U'nasag in reserve.

You probably want to bring A'merpact and U'nasag up to speed then. A'merpact's Job1 doesn't need to be leveled at all (unless you want HP+10% at lvl35), and U'nasag's Job2 only needs to go up to lvl35 too, so it's pretty easy. Those two should be enough. Leviathan -heals- to ice damage, so you don't actually want to have a full team of ice characters or you won't be able to kill it. Lol. In fact, you might just want to use A'merpact in the actual party, so you can easily exclude him from the pincers after the shield is down.

Leviathan Omega requires 16 ice hits to take down the shield, so with 4 ice attacks, that's 2 turns of double pincers (with power points if his SB is low). What a bitch.

Meeps

No luck recruiting Wailing Wall yet. I don't have any Negotiator skills so I have a feeling this is going to be a disaster...

It's a slow roll, but playing Quick Match will get you a few Exp. and Coin Boosts.

I used a Coin Boost I got as a drop and fought THREE Gold dudes (no boss, sad), ran out with 16,000 coins.

Then I had a moment of stupidity and jobbed up Zeera (for eventual coin bonus), now I need more coins to job up ice bros.

Exp. Boosts gonna be used to level up the ice dudes per duckroll.

More download starter goals maybe? About time we get those.
Yeah, they're probably about to cross another 100k as is (if not already).

FINALLY got Odin Job 3! That was pretty tough. That was my second time actually beating him and I had to spend an energy. I had a real hard time with all the positioning and being pushed into bombs.

I have new found motivation to try and get Zael now.

Getting frustrated with my inability to get Zael. It's not just my low SB% but my clumsy fingers aren't as fast and precise as the people in those youtube videos. I've had Suoh since forever but never leveled him at all so I guess I'll do that seeing as the event has extended.

Although I just pulled A'misandra Λ from the PoT which makes me feel better about the whole thing.

duckroll

Got Odin twice today, at 6% now! Got the Pyrowisp up to 100% today too, so Lewto should get an easy 20% SB increase whenever I recode him. Which... won't be anytime soon since there are ongoing events for the next few weeks. Lol. Managed to get a few coin creep runs to boost my coin stock in preparation for Leviathan's jobs next week too.

Overall a pretty productive day in Terra Battle! :)

Getting frustrated with my inability to get Zael. It's not just my low SB% but my clumsy fingers aren't as fast and precise as the people in those youtube videos. I've had Suoh since forever but never leveled him at all so I guess I'll do that seeing as the event has extended.

Although I just pulled A'misandra Λ from the PoT which makes me feel better about the whole thing.

If your play style is slow and more methodical, you might not want to try moving super fast to make complex movements. Instead save the big movements for the times where that one turn can save a lot of other turns instead, and pull it off without rushing. At worst, you spend 4 seconds on that turn, and it's still worthwhile. Trying to rush it will introduce more chance for error and you might waste even more time correcting the errors or wasting the entire entirely and having to reload. For everything else, just flick. Don't feel too bad if you don't get Zael at the end of a run, the enemy movement via RNG can have a huge impact on how much time is saved or wasted sometimes. :)

If your play style is slow and more methodical, you might not want to try moving super fast to make complex movements. Instead save the big movements for the times where that one turn can save a lot of other turns instead, and pull it off without rushing. At worst, you spend 4 seconds on that turn, and it's still worthwhile. Trying to rush it will introduce more chance for error and you might waste even more time correcting the errors or wasting the entire entirely and having to reload. For everything else, just flick. Don't feel too bad if you don't get Zael at the end of a run, the enemy movement via RNG can have a huge impact on how much time is saved or wasted sometimes. :)

Appreciate the tips. Do you mind posting the team you used? I recall you saying before that, like me, you don't grind SB. I'd like to know what team I should be aiming for with the benchwarmers I have on hand.

Here's who I have been using so far:

SAQ1xXr.jpg

I think Grace is my weak link here. I have Pupru at 67 and an unleveled Suoh I may eventually replace her with. I'm not sure if it will make all that much difference though.

I'm glad I decided to stick with Amina instead of the factually superior Kuscah. It's rare that party revival is useful but it's nice to have on an event where saving units comes behind killing enemies as fast as possible.

duckroll

This is the party I currently use for TLS:

I wouldn't say it is 100% ideal, but it works well enough with what I've got. Bahl and Korin's SB% are from them going through almost the entire story campaign together. Pupropu's SB% is a result of being a mage + the main enemy clearing unit when I was grinding 23-4 all the way until I recoded Samatha. Samatha Lambda's SB% got a 20% boost from recode. Calista is almost all from running the TLS event. Lol.

With the unit placement in this formation, on the first turn I use Korin to move both Bahl and Kapori up, with Bahl touching Calista (enemy) from the bottom, and I move Samatha to the right and then up, and I move Pupropu to the right twice, and then Korin completes the pincer at the top. That ends the battle in the first turn.

Then in the second battle, I move Calista from the bottom right straight across to the left (sliding Pupropu out of formation), move Samatha into the pincer slot in the bottom left of the enemy "square" formation so to speak, then I slide back right at the bottom row to move Pupropu back into the formation, and I quickly move Calista to the top left of the enemy "square" formation to slide the NPC to the left and I slot Calista above her. This usually allows me to clear all those birds in that enemy formation in a single turn. For the remaining two enemies I just flick Bahl and Korin to kill them depending on where they move. Sometimes it gets messed up though.

Beyond these two core movement strategies, the rest of the battles are mostly done on the fly depending on where my characters end up. There's too much uncertainty due to enemy movements to really plan that far ahead. But at the end of Battle 8, I always try to place Samatha right below where Mitra will be, and Bahl on one of the pincer locations for the enemy support units on either left or right. This lets me kill at least one of them in the first turn and get 2 elemental attacks on Mitra without a pincer (Samatha's Lightning Area and Thunder Column). The next turn I pincer Mitra with Samatha vertically and Pupropu in the mix, and that takes down the shield. if the positioning for my physical attackers are good at that point, I can kill Mitra with an Outflank pincer with Bahl/Korin/Kapori/whoever + a power point. If not, I usually just cry.

The final battle is mostly a matter of flicking to take out the minions as quickly as possible, and then double pincering the boss with Bahl/Zael/Korin/Kapori, with Calista on whichever side of the pincer needs more healing.

(I *think* I first got Zael before I recoded Samatha, so I had her on Job2 at lvl80, and the same strategy worked.)

Visceir

Don't really care about Odin, done with the new story chapter and I've got all the characters I care about leveled to where I want them so I've been just dumping my stamina into Coin Creeps. Hoping they'll give us something good next weekend since Bahamut is still weeks off.

I like new story chapters but I wish Mistwalker would figure out a way to get more longevity out of that content. You can breeze through a chapter rather fast and then you're pretty much done with it. I bet it takes quite a long time to create that.

Still hoping they'll get around to implementing a dungeon into the game with infite randomized floors that get gradually harder and harder, preferably with some godly rewards as incentive for the top tier players who manage to make their way deep into it.

*Detailed breakdown*

Many thanks.That second stage is definitely where I need to work on positioning the most. After that that it's the one that has to be cleared in less than 5 turns.

I hadn't considered actually using Calista who I have on 13%, which will only get higher. I've also got Kapori who I didn't think would be worthwhile but leveling either of these two is much more preferable to Suoh which will be a SLOG.

I also didn't think to try using outflank on Snaip. I'll try swapping out his 10% attack buff.

I'll get Zael eventually I think. It's great that there's a whole extra month to attempt it. It's similar to Odin Ultra the other day where it felt IMPOSSIBLE to me at first but practice makes perfect :)

duckroll

I use Calista to by-pass using a dedicated healer. She's not very good as a pure attacker, but she's still better than a healer mage at attacking, and Ancient Barrier is actually useful when units are bundled together around a boss.

Kapori might be totally useless for you. I use him mainly for the Augment Sword, because my party is heavily sword based and many of the enemies in the event are bows. Also, Korin's Frequency boost for sword units helps Kapori a lot. Without that he's basically useless.

I like new story chapters but I wish Mistwalker would figure out a way to get more longevity out of that content. You can breeze through a chapter rather fast and then you're pretty much done with it. I bet it takes quite a long time to create that.
I'm surprised they haven't even added a Hard mode for every single chapter.
Seems like a staple for every mobile games.

Chapter 1 with level 90 cap. lol

yami4ct

Hi guys! Picked up the game about a month ago and am really enjoying it. Gotten up to Chapter 23, but I think I need help figuring out what kind of general purpose team I should focus my time on right now. I think these images cover most of my box.

I'm currently running Bahl, Amina, Harold, Pahrl, Piz'fer and I just switched out Sh'berdan for Odin. I realize Sorman is technically a better healer than Amina, but I'm raising her currently betting on that she'll get a recode later on that boosts her significantly.

A lot of this team right now is just because I'm running with momentum on them, but I kind of have zero clue on what kind of team to put together. I'm still kind of figuring out what kind of synergies there are between characters and can't really pick great team ups out yet.

HawthorneKitty

Hi guys! Picked up the game about a month ago and am really enjoying it. Gotten up to Chapter 23, but I think I need help figuring out what kind of general purpose team I should focus my time on right now. I think these images cover most of my box.

I'm currently running Bahl, Amina, Harold, Pahrl, Piz'fer and I just switched out Sh'berdan for Odin. I realize Sorman is technically a better healer than Amina, but I'm raising her currently betting on that she'll get a recode later on that boosts her significantly.

A lot of this team right now is just because I'm running with momentum on them, but I kind of have zero clue on what kind of team to put together. I'm still kind of figuring out what kind of synergies there are between characters and can't really pick great team ups out yet.
Switch out Harold and Pahrl for S'naip and Ma'curi and you're golden; those two have the best single dps.

yami4ct

Switch out Harold and Pahrl for S'naip and Ma'curi and you're golden; those two have the best single dps.

Awesome. The A-Class stuff are the units I know least about since the main discussion online seems to all center around S, SS and Z stuff. I knew that there would probably be something in there I was missing out on.

Visceir

I'm surprised they haven't even added a Hard mode for every single chapter.
Seems like a staple for every mobile games.

Chapter 1 with level 90 cap. lol

I imagine that would take significant effort as well since most floors are more like puzzles rather than battles. Simply upping the monster's stats wouldn't really work.

Then again having those levels (or even just the season 2 ones) in a second version balanced so that even max lvl 90 were underleveled might make them challenging and more fun.

Hige

I'm stuck in some kind of stalemate with Odin 3. I only fought him like twice before - using the Red Starwhip method - and I decided to try it the real way this time. The problem is I left healing abilities on most of my team and he just heals himself when I get him to low health lol. I'm using Ma'curi/Piz'fer/A'misandra Z/Olber Z/Yukken/Djugan, so I guess the only thing left to do is grind away at him with Ma'curi and Djugan.

I don't think I want Odin's Lambda evo that badly.

I'm stuck in some kind of stalemate with Odin 3. I only fought him like twice before - using the Red Starwhip method - and I decided to try it the real way this time. The problem is I left healing abilities on most of my team and he just heals himself when I get him to low health lol. I'm using Ma'curi/Piz'fer/A'misandra Z/Olber Z/Yukken/Djugan, so I guess the only thing left to do is grind away at him with Ma'curi and Djugan.
I'd remove Piz'fer and add whatever else non-magic you got that's over level 80.

So yeah, after Zentetsu(sp?) just avoid Odin for 2 rounds with 1 hp, then after his life steal, go full heal.

I'm assuming though you kill the 2 birds and chaos-guy on first turn (or 2) ?

Hige

I still haven't gone back to finish the battle, I got bored. >_> I forgot Piz'fer wasn't that much use on this battle; I'm just used to using him in most of my regular teams. I can't really die with Olber's evasive arts and self sacrifice, so I'm sure I'll be able to finish it eventually haha.

Jagernaut

Just beat Odin Ultra with this team. Djugan was very useful, I used him to remove all the bombs, and set up a pincer after Odin used his Zentetsuso.

I got the job2 item for Odin, is the drop rate for the job3 item 50% on Ultra?

yami4ct

Alright, sorry to post again so soon about team builds again, but I just got thrown a little wrinkle. Got enough energy for a pull and ended up with a Yukken. Given she's a recordable SS and seems pretty great, I'm guessing I should make room with her. Should I be replacing S'naip or is another party member better to be booted?

HawthorneKitty

Alright, sorry to post again so soon about team builds again, but I just got thrown a little wrinkle. Got enough energy for a pull and ended up with a Yukken. Given she's a recordable SS and seems pretty great, I'm guessing I should make room with her. Should I be replacing S'naip or is another party member better to be booted?
Remove Odin

Top Bottom