• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker/Hironobu Sakaguchi's Terra Battle |OT| Season 2 has been unleashed!

duckroll

Makes sense, but it's a bit sad since I was really excited to just get him. Well, them's the breaks I guess. Haha. Thanks for constantly helping out here. I'm looking forward to getting a good team rolling.

I wouldn't worry about replacing characters in the party. Odin will have his time to shine. He's a strong spear unit and you'll still be able to use him to wreck shit later on when there are battles with tons of sword enemies. :)

Overall I've found the game pretty nicely balanced to allow and encourage players to try out different types of squads over the course of the game. Right now I'm going through ch31 really slowly, but I've been doing it with a mostly bow party which I haven't used that much. Working out pretty well so far, and keeps the challenge up a bit since some of the characters are under lvl72, but the circle of carnage bonus still lets them wreck stuff.

Guys, something weird is happening to my game... Some tiles are weirdly placed, like this:

uI9zxFW.png

It´s also happening in the team screen :lol. Has anyone else seen this before?

Red Mage

Leave the mage up. Odin doesn't summon the second wave with the mage up. Then play Bomberman after Zantetsuken. As long as you:

1) Don't touch bombs
2) Avoid the cross-shaped attack from the mage
3) Avoid Odin's own attacks (very choreographed)

You shouldn't ever die.

Of course, all 3 together is easier said than done, but that's how people had to do it at a lv70 cap.

And he's right, paying for new characters that start at lv10 isn't going to do you much good in the short term. Sure, you could blow $1000 on the game, get every single SS/Z that you want during a special pull event, and then cherry pick your party, but you'd still need to level them up - all the $$boost does is to hasten the speed at which you get energy, of which the game is pretty generous with, so if you've been playing a while and have a decent amount saved up during a special pull event you'd get a lot of return.

That aside, burning energy to revive when you can savescum is a little wasteful.

Okay, the Draugr (which is what I think you're referring to) bit makes sense. It's not intuitive, but at least it's a logical strategy.

Oh, I know. I usually savescum, but I did use energy once to beat Lich, as the best I could get was like four or five turns when he was hitting himself with roulette. I almost had him dead when he started back up, and had tried several times before, so I said screw it and used an energy. I thought it was like that, only up to 11, which I refused to do. = P

duckroll

So, when does Metal Zone 6 open up? o_o;

Metal Zone 6 is really bad right now. Unless you like wasting stamina, I would recommend just skipping it until they balance it better. If you feel that Odin Ultra is P2W (it's not!), you'll totally rage out of your mind in MZ6. Lol.

Red Mage

Metal Zone 6 is really bad right now. Unless you like wasting stamina, I would recommend just skipping it until they balance it better. If you feel that Odin Ultra is P2W (it's not!), you'll totally rage out of your mind in MZ6. Lol.

Actually, I thought that because I did not know that the Draugr wasn't supposed to be killed. Since one of my main fighters uses Tremor, the thing would usually die fairly quickly.

duckroll

Actually, I thought that because I did not know that the Draugr wasn't supposed to be killed. Since one of my main fighters uses Tremor, the thing would usually die fairly quickly.

I usually kill Draugr anyway. Just as long as it's not dead very early on, I think you should be okay. Odin doesn't summon reinforcements again after the initial turns. But he does summon more reinforcements later on after using Life Drain regardless of whether any mobs are left alive or not. Those wolves can be really annoying because they can use Warcry to Demoralize.

The best tactic is to kill off both birds in the first turn, then spend all the remaining turns doing double pincers on Odin. Unless you get really, really unlucky with the bomb placements, it should be possible to finish him off before he does Life Drain. If it doesn't look like you will be able to finish him off before he uses Life Drain (judge from HP left), there are two options:

A) If the bomb placements are good, just avoid Odin's Area(2) (or use the squares diagonal to him) for 3 turns, and go all out + healing when he fails to drain any HP. This is a high risk move.

B) Heal up and try to damage him as much as possible anyway, but avoid wasting power points and just wait for him to completely heal up with Life Drain. Then starting from that point do constant double pincers + power point on him and you should be able to finish him off before he does Zantetsuso again. But watch out for the Demoralize on the wolves.

meow

Wait, I've always killed the Hugin/Munin/Draugr asap and Odin never summoned anything until after the life drain turn?

I don't have any of the really heavy hitters (so tempted to spend some energy trying to get some in the truth pact) so my odin battles take several rounds of zantetsuso/life drain :( But I do bring in zafitte for the bomb disarm so those turns aren't too much trouble, and then it's just about taking out the mobs so they don't kill everyone.

I must be under leveled or using the wrong team for odin 3. I have a lot of trouble with AoE's setting off the birds defense, and I don't do nearly enough damage.

They seem to bring these events back often, so you'll probably have a bunch of 90 to tackle it the next time.

"The Last Story" event on the other hand, I have a feeling it won't come back.
I'd get those 2 characters before it ends just in case.

duckroll

Wait, I've always killed the Hugin/Munin/Draugr asap and Odin never summoned anything until after the life drain turn?

Yeah I think Falk might be giving incorrect advice. I just usually leave Draugr alive because I'm too focused on double pincering Odin.

I must be under leveled or using the wrong team for odin 3. I have a lot of trouble with AoE's setting off the birds defense, and I don't do nearly enough damage.

Don't use mages for Odin. The damage is worthless because of high MDEF. Sub in more physical attackers or throw in a second healer even. If you have anyone with Disarm Bomb, now would also be the time to use them. If you're not strong enough to kill both birds in one turn, kill at least one of them in the first turn with a single pincer. Then there won't be a counter anymore when you attack the second one. You have to kill both birds before attacking Odin, otherwise they just keep healing him.

Red Mage

I don't have any of the really heavy hitters (so tempted to spend some energy trying to get some in the truth pact) so my odin battles take several rounds of zantetsuso/life drain :( But I do bring in zafitte for the bomb disarm so those turns aren't too much trouble, and then it's just about taking out the mobs so they don't kill everyone.

He does with me. It's like *Summon* *Zentetsuso* over and over again. e_e;

meow

I'll give Odin Ultra another try once my stamina comes back and pay more attention. But I think I usually kill 1 or 2 of the birds first turn, then the draugr and any remaining bird the second turn. I tried leaving the draugr alive once but it was too dangerous after the 1 hp move with odin moving around and potentially pushing characters into the cross.

Also, I'm loving the zero stamina quickmatch. It's not a bad way to get exp and gives me something to do when I run out of stamina. The coin and exp boosts are nice, too.

Yeah I think Falk might be giving incorrect advice. I just usually leave Draugr alive because I'm too focused on double pincering Odin.

Don't use mages for Odin. The damage is worthless because of high MDEF. Sub in more physical attackers or throw in a second healer even. If you have anyone with Disarm Bomb, now would also be the time to use them. If you're not strong enough to kill both birds in one turn, kill at least one of them in the first turn with a single pincer. Then there won't be a counter anymore when you attack the second one. You have to kill both birds before attacking Odin, otherwise they just keep healing him.

I was using grace, koko, zuzu, zafitte, ami'sandra, and kana. I would probably be fine if I was around level 90, but my average level is probably too low. Grace is 84 on job 3, the rest were 65-73. on job 2-3 with 20-50% boost.

I'm working on sna'ip to sub in as a heavy dd, instead of koko probably, but I won't finish him this go around.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I was using grace, koko, zuzu, zafitte, ami'sandra, and kana. I would probably be fine if I was around level 90, but my average level is probably too low. Grace is 84 on job 3, the rest were 65-73. on job 2-3 with 20-50% boost.

I'm working on sna'ip to sub in as a heavy dd, instead of koko probably, but I won't finish him this go around.
Why have Kana and Ami?

Why have Kana and Ami?

Kana isn't quite boosted enough to have heal all at a level i'm comfortable with, and she doesn't bring everyone back to full in one turn. Ami has spike healing and revive if i fuck up on one of the previous stages. I think I just need about 20% more boost on zuzu and a bunch more levels on my 3 heavy hitters.

Ran tons of quick matches to level those monsters for DNA recode.

Seeing a bunch of people with Bahamut Λ already.
Also had a game with both of them having Invincible j3.

I am jealous. :O

meow

Just tried my first ever Lamia; seems hopeless without poison.
I think it basically is, especially with how unforgiving and precise the moves are. I learned that strategy during the zero stamina events and you can still get screwed at the end by missing a move or getting pinned unfortunately.

Visceir

Never done Lamia, would Yukken lambda's Ribbon skill trivialize most of the fight?

Edit: I see it's capped at lvl 35 so you wouldn't have access to that

kiyoaki

So what's the deal with Metal Zone 6? Can you actually kill the mirror monsters somehow? As it stands, the zone nets me less XP per character than MZ5 at almost twice the stamina cost.

HawthorneKitty

So what's the deal with Metal Zone 6? Can you actually kill the mirror monsters somehow? As it stands, the zone nets me less XP per character than MZ5 at almost twice the stamina cost.
MZ6 is a flop; it's like they always planned it but didn't give the buff to the zone like the others. I think the mirror can be killed with set damages and the bomb trails, but it's not a fountain of godly exp; don't do MZ 6.

Folstern

Boosted Odin to 80% so I can bump him to 100% Z when I grind out the items needed. Thank you Samatha's Negotiator skill and double pincers. Suppose I need decent Ice character at 90 now...

OMG Aero

After spending a couple of days grinding through story chapters to unlock Metal Zone 3, then spending a solid day (and all the energy I had built up) grinding my party to level 40 I finally caught Odin after several attempts.
If my party is at the point where I could reliably beat Odin Descended every time I tried, am I set for Leviathan and Bahamut Descended? Or are there specific weapon types or skills I need to have for those?

HawthorneKitty

After spending a couple of days grinding through story chapters to unlock Metal Zone 3, then spending a solid day (and all the energy I had built up) grinding my party to level 40 I finally caught Odin after several attempts.
If my party is at the point where I could reliably beat Odin Descended every time I tried, am I set for Leviathan and Bahamut Descended? Or are there specific weapon types or skills I need to have for those?
If you have Grace, race through the story mode.

duckroll

Beat chapter 31 today, got Odin up to 30% SB, and I'm happy enough with that. All ready for Leviathan tomorrow! :D

I hope they announce more interesting stuff on Friday though. It would be great if they could release a new story chapter every 1-2 weeks or something from now on. Like a TV series! I doubt Mistwalker is that fast though. >_<

The more I think about it, the more I think that I might not be able to beat Bahamut Omega when the time comes. I don't have any characters with Anti-Fire Capsules, and I don't have Grace. I doubt I'll be able to survive the Meteors. I wonder if Calista's Ancient Barrier can protect me. Probably not... Well I shouldn't feel too bad. I have Lewto after all, so whatever. There's always next time. Leviathan is going to be really useful though, since I have a serious lack of ice units.

Beat chapter 31 today, got Odin up to 30% SB, and I'm happy enough with that. All ready for Leviathan tomorrow! :D

I hope they announce more interesting stuff on Friday though. It would be great if they could release a new story chapter every 1-2 weeks or something from now on. Like a TV series! I doubt Mistwalker is that fast though. >_<

The more I think about it, the more I think that I might not be able to beat Bahamut Omega when the time comes. I don't have any characters with Anti-Fire Capsules, and I don't have Grace. I doubt I'll be able to survive the Meteors. I wonder if Calista's Ancient Barrier can protect me. Probably not... Well I shouldn't feel too bad. I have Lewto after all, so whatever. There's always next time. Leviathan is going to be really useful though, since I have a serious lack of ice units.

Don't forget you have the option to spend Energy on revives, in the worst case scenario.

Visceir

Collected 11 Mantle Helixes.Not sure if I will be needing more than 5, but it's good to have some in stock.

Don't forget you have the option to spend Energy on revives, in the worst case scenario.

I would never use energy for that considering how valuable it is. Would never use it to replenish my stamina either.

duckroll

If I ever feel the need to spend Energy on exploiting the difficultly of the game, I'll probably just stop playing the game entirely. I think it's okay if I can't win everything at this point, but I'll give it a try anyway. By the time Bahamut returns again in several months, I'll probably have units which can help by then. Maybe I'll pull Grace. :p

Small, useful bug in Quick Match currently where you can have an exp boost without wasting it.

Simply choose any Chapter stage, select the Exp Booster as the item but don't start it.
Back out of the stage, then join a quick match.
The 1.5 exp boost will show up.

(need to reselect the booster between every match)

Not godsend exp, but if you like running a few quick CO-OP matches, it helps.

5 runs of Odin Ultra and the job3 item won't drop. I'm tired of this.
Really bad luck on your part. :(
I believe those j3 items are at 50% drop rate.

If it makes you feel any better, these events seems to come back often, and Odin &#923; is considered the worst of the 3 descended beasts.

I've had a busy couple of days of building up some new characters.

I have an ice mage ready for Leviathan (and Bahamut, I guess?), two extra physical brawlers to make the Last Story dungeon less stressful, and Zeera, to bring along for Coin Creeping (15% boost to all coin gain, yay).

I also think I'm going to start finishing up the story mode chapters now, going on my original plan to play a chapter on its Double Item day (so Chapter 21 this Friday). I didn't really think about how much not having Metal Zone 5 has probably slowed me down, but all I remember hearing was to reach Chapter 20 and repeat that for levels (which has been fine, mind you, but being able to quickly get to 60 and go from there would have made more sense, haha).

Beyond that, I should probably think about recoding my Koko and Zerro?

HawthorneKitty

http://www.terra-battle.com/jp/news/2015/05/6.html

If they get 50,000 viewers on Friday's Nico Stream, they're bringing back the Main Quest 1/2 Stamina Off event! As usual there will also be other gifts and events which can be triggered by the Viewer Starter and Comment Starter.

The main topic of discussion for the stream this month seems to be Download Starter 2.
Ahhhhhh hopefully they implement it posthaste to take advantage of daily bonus drop for the Helix

Jagernaut

Really bad luck on your part. :(
I believe those j3 items are at 50% drop rate.

If it makes you feel any better, these events seems to come back often, and Odin &#923; is considered the worst of the 3 descended beasts.

6th and last run and no Rune drop, but I did get the last Orichalcum for Odin's job2. At least the runs are easy now with Disarm Bomb and I only used natural stamina. Maybe next time.

Hahaha, I just got a Zael Boost with essentially five characters and barely trying.

I had stamina to burn and my 20-1 runs are nicer while I'm at work, so I figured I'd try The Last Story with my Ma'curi. Well, he doesn't have his 1.5x skill yet and his Job 3 was only Level 64 as well. So he ended up not contributing much (he still did okay damage, but took return fire badly). By the third stage I figured I was just out of forty stamina, no big deal. But I recovered and I kept going. And the final boss's first move was to move away from ALL of her shield buddies and into three of my guys. I was dumbfounded. So on my second turn I managed to get her down 80% with one powered double pincer. Then she summoned backup, which added to ALL of the original ones. But it didn't help much, a few shielded attacks later she was down and it was quick enough for Zael Boost.

Falk

that puzzling face
Is there any chance they reduced the time req for Zael with the extension?

I just did a run and was similarly pretty sure I wouldn't SB Zael and it popped anyway.

I just did a run and was similarly pretty sure I wouldn't SB Zael and it popped anyway.

i'm starting to think they might have added some additional requirements based on the levels themselves.

something to ease the time requirements, because in some stages and others i just said "fuck it" because they weren't going my way.

My run was actually extremely time efficient, I just figured it was a bust early on because my new character wasn't doing much and I got absolutely abused on the second stage. But I burned a Power Point to heal and from then on, everything just clicked.

Falk

that puzzling face
I dunno, it felt like I was taking more turns than necessary every other mission.

Although I guess I've min-maxed it to the point that I have way more leeway than I think I do lol (Both Calista and Zael are >50% now, with only 2 runs whiffed for a 6% difference)

duckroll

Hahahahaha. I was sitting on 60 energy, so I got itchy and decided to pull twice to see what I could get. Got Gatz and A'merpact! Goddamn, I feel so fucking lucky. Looks like I might be able to take on Bahamut Omega after all!

Running low on materials though. Can't even upgrade their jobs right now. Running out of Terra Swordsteel and A'merpact needs 2 more Sea Tears.

Top Bottom