• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker/Hironobu Sakaguchi's Terra Battle |OT| Season 2 has been unleashed!

Yeah, I'm torn between pulling when I get energy (have 35 now) or waiting for the next S/SS event.

The only real hole I have is lacking a viable thunder mage.

And free 5/10% boosts are nice for duplicates, I guess.

Finalow

well fuck Odin, couldn't beat Ultra. I have my team around level 80 now after one week or so of grinding but I had no DPS to kill him or his minions, literally took 4 pincers to kill an enemy in battle 4/5.

now I hope that Grace-trick works against Levi and Baha, I also hope that Alika J1 at level 62 is enough to kill those jelly enemies.

duckroll

Unless you feel that you need a huge squad boost, I would suggest just storing until you have 50 energy. That way you'll be ready to take advantage of a rate up event whenever it happens. When you have 55 or more energy you can always do single pulls when you have an itch. It's about 5 energy every 8 days right? :)

Finalow

yup I won't pull until I have more than 50 energy.
I could try PoF, I have 170k now. I know that the % to don't get a monster (let alone an SS) is really really really small so I never bothered.

I hope that Odin will be back before pvp comes out, that 2000 damage skill sounds OP for player vs player.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
yup I won't pull until I have more than 50 energy.
I could try PoF, I have 170k now. I know that the % to don't get a monster (let alone an SS) is really really really small so I never bothered.

I hope that Odin will be back before pvp comes out, that 2000 damage skill sounds OP for player vs player.
I have a feeling that pvp will not be head on as first mover would have huge advantage.

duckroll

I have a feeling that pvp will not be head on as first mover would have huge advantage.

There could be multiple rounds though. So each player will have a chance to be first mover. They're taking really long with implementing the mode, so I think balancing it has probably been really tough lol.

Visceir

Really hope tomorrow won't be a let-down and will give us something new to do. Since I can't DNA recode Bahamut yet I don't really have anyone I care to level. Did a TLS run without a healer in the party, went surprisingly well. Olber's heals are enough to carry the party.

Would probably do another 10x pull if they brought 2x gold event back. Having the lowered stamina cost for story chapters would make leveling up a new character quite fast.

Looking at a character list, I guess I would only care about getting cute girls at this point.

Negotiator doesn't seem essential to me, I'd rather Coin Creep (good for SB too).

I guess that makes it easier to be patience.

Hige

Hold on to your energy for a few more days, guys; the 10x pull events have happened at the end of the month these last two months. They'll probably announce something soon.

Seems I'm not the only one trying to level monsters for recode with the quickmatch exp bug.

Had a party full of monsters. :/
3 Megacell, 2 Wailing walls and a Suzaku versus Artemis.

Are you in a hurry?

Well, either way, you'll get some extra EXP and Coin Boost items, which is the real reason to play Quick Match.
Well I got about 80 metal tickets, so getting all these guys up some levels took only a few min.

And yeah, need all those Exp Boost to level these new Λ.

Leviathan in an hour. Get ready to rage at confuse all.

I'm going to be camping at Target for an hour or two tomorrow so my friend can get Amiibo (was supposed to be both of us get Amiibo, but I only need the two they aren't getting any of, gah).

I might burn an Energy so I can get double my Terra Battle time as we wait. Crazy, I know.

duckroll

Had totally garbage luck. Ran Leviathan Descended twice with no drop even with Negotiator! Made an Evolved run after that and got both Leviathan and Chiton. Not sure if I want to make another Evolved run to try for the item or just go straight into Ultra.

Anyone tried the Daily yet? I'm.... scared...

HawthorneKitty

Had totally garbage luck. Ran Leviathan Descended twice with no drop even with Negotiator! Made an Evolved run after that and got both Leviathan and Chiton. Not sure if I want to make another Evolved run to try for the item or just go straight into Ultra.

Anyone tried the Daily yet? I'm.... scared...
Its horrible, piss easy, ugly and lame prize.

duckroll

I just ran the daily with a S/L and I realized I massively fucked up! This is basically a mix of Tin Parade and Coin Creep, but with a twist. If you kill all the enemies on screen in a turn, the quest ends. But if there are any surviving monsters, more will spawn in the next turn. You have 5 turns before the quest ends, so in theory if you always let at least one enemy survive, and you wipe them all in the final round, you get the most money out of it.

The first time I ran it, I was messing around and they kept spawning until they started to overwhelm and wipe my characters out, so I S/L'd and when I killed everything in the first turn the quest ended with only 1200 coins. :(

The enemies give about 300 coins per kill, so I think if done properly, you can get up to maybe 6000 coins from this quest? That's pretty good for a free daily!

Edit: Might as well post this here too. I saved the profile images so we can enjoy this amazing art forever! ^_^

http://imgur.com/a/sePT4

Yeah, free coins is free coins.

It's probably the weakest daily in terms of reward, but the silly art clash makes me smile (even if it reminds me of the worst video game franchise of ever).

HawthorneKitty

Eesh, I forgot the final set-up for Levia Ultra and didn't get the Triple/Quadruple Pincer from the get-go. Luckily the respawning enemies gave me my chance for another triple down the battle.

Folstern

If anyone wants to recruit Chiton just wait it out in the boss battle with Leviathan because she keeps spawning more. If your team is getting knocked around, bring a few healers.

I just got Zeera her Coin Purse skill and didn't bother bringing her into the Hedgehog Quest.

Also, Leviathan GET.

Now on to the job items.

duckroll

Reinforcements can definitely be recruited. I got one at the end of the battle with Neo Leviathan when they all exploded after she was beaten.

Jagernaut

It only took 2 runs of Leviathan Evolved to get the job2 item. Then I used the free energy we just received to pull Grace. I had Bahl as a starter and wanted to get Grace as well. Nice.

Visceir

Reinforcements can definitely be recruited. I got one at the end of the battle with Neo Leviathan when they all exploded after she was beaten.

Yeah, just did that. Had to kill the respawns ~10x before I got the monster drop.

The new daily quest is the reminder of all the poor collaboration art from early on. Finger's crossed they are smarter about future collaborations if they decide to have any for the new download-starter.

Managed to clear Leviathan Ultra. Had to use one energy, here was my team:

IMG_1107.PNG

IMG_1108.PNG

Was going well until Levi himself, save scummed like crazy but couldn't manage to perfectly avoid the annoying confusion. I made the mistake of bringing zaffite for panacea and levitate, and left out kana, who would have taken care of the confuse more efficiently. I didn't realize panacea was area not all. Anyway I messed up, lost a bunch of guys to icicle when I got too used to the pattern, then whittled away at him in this state until he got lucky:

Blew one energy on it, got the drop. Went back to levi evolved and picked up the monster for his recode, and now i'm done with leviathan~

kiyoaki

Got Chiton on my third Leviathan Evolved run, and without farming reinforcements (since I didn't know you could do that) - so it worked out pretty well even without a negotiator character.

Back to the grind. I'll have an all-Lambda team pretty soon.

Visceir

Hope they will elaborate a little on this. No clue what Fujisaka World is, no clue what the puzzle quest would be either...rather curious about the endless quest, seems like something I've been wanting for a looong time.

kiyoaki

Hope they will elaborate a little on this. No clue what Fujisaka World is, no clue what the puzzle quest would be either...rather curious about the endless quest, seems like something I've been wanting for a looong time.
So the endless quest might be a rogue-like endless dungeon. And developed by Kitase, no less.

Also, an Opera quest by Uematsu and music by Sakimoto. The game is shaping up to become a better FF nostalgia vehicle than Record Keeper.

duckroll

No Akihiko Yoshida? Sorry, uninstalled.

(I bet the Sakimoto music is going to be for the Matsuno stuff when they eventually launch it. It better be!!!)

Visceir

YESSS I love me some Puzzle Quest

Right guys?

Guys?

nice to have a pretty-much guaranteed Sakimoto track though!

I'm guessing it'll be more like a Puzzle & Dragons crossover since the dude in the download starter was the producer on the Puzzle & Dragons: Super Mario Bros. Edition

Never played the game myself, but I'm definitely curious what they will come up with.

Also really cool to see Yoshinori Kitase to be on board.

duckroll

I'm guessing it'll be more like a Puzzle & Dragons crossover since the dude in the download starter was the producer on the Puzzle & Dragons: Super Mario Bros. Edition

Never played the game myself, but I'm definitely curious what they will come up with.

Also really cool to see Yoshinori Kitase to be on board.

Daisuke Yamamoto is the producer and the creator of the entire Puzzle & Dragons IP. Sakaguchi had dinner with him and another Gungho staff who was formally from Square on Wednesday.

anaron

seeing Kitase on board just gave me the biggest smile ever. I know they were still friendly but it's so nice and amazing to see him them actually collaborate again.

and YES to Sakimoto

Top Bottom