• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker/Hironobu Sakaguchi's Terra Battle |OT| Season 2 has been unleashed!

I know I only post when I find some kind of bug, but yesterday for some reason I could use unlimited time in all of my turns. Everything was slow except for my own movements, and I couldn´t charge my power points bar, but got regular XP and coins for each stage.

... I tried to see if that bug would have allowed me to get Perfect Fate, because maybe that way the game thought my moved time was always zero, but I wasn´t so lucky lol.

Also did a 10x PoT pull, got Gatz, Suoh and Ma'curi, everyone else were dupes or useless units. Really meh, although Treasure Hunter will be great and maybe Ma'curi will finally allow me to beat 31-1 (I usually depend too much on Jennish + Gugba >.>)

Hige

I didn't think so, but if so, it's worth getting the account past chapter 3 to get 10 extra rolls.

Is there a good spot to farm Mangled Horns? The TB Wikia mentions 23-4, but I've run that a ton before I even had Seiryu and I still need like 10 horns.

Visceir

Yeah, it would definitely be worth using that method to get the 5 energy for an extra roll.

I farmed horns at 26-3, but that was mainly due to the double item drop rate. I only needed 7 and it was still a pain to get them. It's just 1% drop rate.

I don't think I will bother with the job3 items until there's a double item drop rate for chapter 7 and 22 in 2 - 3 days.

Still need 3 orichalcums for Rikken's job2, gonna spend my stamina on that for now.

Edit: Chapter 5-1 has Devil Bat x13 that drop Mangled Horns or Chapter 9-7 with Heat Sparker x17

Hige

Thanks, I'll take a look at those chapters. It turns out I only need 7, but then I still need 14 sentient flames afterward lol. Who knew Terra Battle Part 2 would turn into the Gatz/Alika Treasure Hunter meta.

Visceir

Speaking of -- I'm so looking forward to no level limit Treasure Hunter with Alika lambda. Seems like she'll be a sword class too now?

Hoping we'll get more S class transformation than just those 4 shown and that Zuzu will be one of them. Hes the secret SS character afterall~

I'll wait for those item bonus days before farming those darn horns and flames.

Welp I'm dumb lmao

I'll see you guys in 5 years when I finally pull an SS then!

I'm aiming for Olber
Keep any Z rank if you pull one, except Seiryu since you can get him with coins (in the long very run).

Jagernaut

For the Grace method on Leviathan Ultra should I bring a mage for the mobs or just my 4 strongest physical attackers + Grace and Kuscah?

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
For the Grace method on Leviathan Ultra should I bring a mage for the mobs or just my 4 strongest physical attackers + Grace and Kuscah?
Just bring your overall strongest units. Make sure you know the starting positions of the final battle especially or it can fall apart.

Setting up for each of the stages perfectly goes a long way though as those ice things are super easy to stall on.

Visceir

Tharos from terrabattleforums made a comprehensive list of all the monsters that drop the new items. It should be more up to date and accurate than chasing the info down on the wiki.

Link

Finalow

any tricks to get TLS Perfect Fate? That 50 seconds limit sounds like a pain in the ass.
I'm not going to try it now but I surely will before the event ends.

linkent

any tricks to get TLS Perfect Fate? That 50 seconds limit sounds like a pain in the ass.
I'm not going to try it now but I surely will before the event ends.

There is no real trick, just need to play it like Puppet Round.
And of coz good units.
Do you have Snaip/Macuri/Bahl?

Jagernaut

Just bring your overall strongest units. Make sure you know the starting positions of the final battle especially or it can fall apart.

Setting up for each of the stages perfectly goes a long way though as those ice things are super easy to stall on.

Grace method worked great and I got the Trident on the first try! I just need 2 more Orichalcum to unlock job3.

Momentary

Banned
Dat 100% Seiryu. Oh... and screw MZ6. Also, Leviathan was such a push over compared to Odin. I think I just had the rigbt haracters leveled up for him. I literally took no damage during his fight.

HawthorneKitty

Dat 100% Seiryu. Oh... and screw MZ6. Also, Leviathan was such a push over compared to Odin. I think I just had the rigbt haracters leveled up for him. I literally took no damage during his fight.
I think it was after Levia that Mistwalker got smart on the bosses.

Momentary

Banned
11 runs on 9-7... 1 mangled horn. Sheesh. Should probably just farm other items for the 6 characters that need evolving. Might get a couple of Mangled horns that way.

Wazzy

Banned
I pulled Sheena but I don't really want to stick with her however rerolling is tiring. Is she worth starting with?
I'll wait for those item bonus days before farming those darn horns and flames.

Keep any Z rank if you pull one, except Seiryu since you can get him with coins (in the long very run).
Cool thanks for the heads up!
Well if any of your Record Keeper luck follows you, you'll pull him tomorrow.
Heh, I wish. :p

HawthorneKitty

I pulled Sheena but I don't really want to stick with her however rerolling is tiring. Is she worth starting with?
She's the hottest, but doesn't really specialize in an important role that gets you past the story. SS take a long time to level so she may never shine.

Finalow

ok I did a x10 pull and got Bajanna and Amina. not sure how I managed to get 5 dupes when I only had 15 characters from PoF to begin with, and I pulled 2 Manmer from the first 2 silver cards. okay game

it seems that Amina is a worse healer than the 2 B healers and obviously worse than A'misandra Λ. 2 revive skills are such a waste. maybe if she gets a fucking Λ too someday. ,_;
not sure about Bajanna, she seems good but I couldn't care less about coin boost and she ain't an SS mage or Gugba.

also got A'merpact, I know that he's quite good but I don't think I really need another ice mage now that I'm going for Leviathan Λ.

Goddamn FINALLY.
IjTXYxx.jpg

It may not be a big deal to most people here but this was my Everest for a while there.

I started doing a lot better once I replaced my healer with Calista and put in Suoh. His damage was actually more lacking that I would have liked but his buff to skills activation made him Bahl's bosom buddy for a lot of the stages.

Now on to leveling A'misandra Λ. Y'all weren't kidding about that leveling curve, feels like it took forever just to get her to the late 60's. I've seen people raving about her "Chain Boost" skill and how amazing it is but honestly I'm not seeing it. Maybe if you have units that trigger buffs it will be handy but with magic damage being a lot less useful lately, I don't see it giving a significant advantage. Regardless, looking forward to trying it out.

meow

I got curious about how many adventurers I had from each class (I don't have any Z class or recodes yet). I'm still trying to decide if I want to do a 10x pull.

SS: 6/20
S: 3/18 (didn't include Leviathan, Bahamut, Odin, Zael, Calista, or the Marilith/Lich recodes in the count)
A: 12/18
B: 10/15

Goddamn FINALLY.

It may not be a big deal to most people here but this was my Everest for a while there.
Grats!
Outside of Lamia in CO-OP, getting Perfect Fate in TLS is probably the hardest challenge in the game right now.

Zael is actually pretty awesome for a sword-guy.
I wish Calista had better skills though. (i LOVE her character art)

duckroll

Goddamn FINALLY.

Congrats! Welcome to the club!

Nah, trust me, I think most people really do relate and understand. This has been by far the most challenging event for the game so far, and I think other than those who had the perfect party to tackle the exactly requirements of the challenges, everyone went "OH FUCK YES!" when we finally got Zael. :)

Thanks a bunch guys. It's actually nice to hear that other people found it very tough. There was a couple "huh I got him without even trying" posts that had me cursing my slow fingers.

Zael is actually pretty awesome for a sword-guy.
I wish Calista had better skills though. (i LOVE her character art)

Yeah he seems pretty interesting, I'll definitely be leveling him and subbing him in sometimes. Besides Bahl I'm still lacking on good sword guys. If the event has thought me anything it's the value of skill activation boosts.

I feel the same about Calista but I was really glad she was useful in the even itself. She's one of my highest SB'd units now from all my perfect fate attempts!

Even though it was maddening at times I really enjoyed the event and I hope there's more like it. I'll probably end up running it more before it closes out and try get Zael up to 20% or something. I think the "nerf" to magic attacks was actually well needed and I like the direction things are going.

600k coins.

debating going all the way to 2m and doing nothing but 10x pulls all day err day

i might just use the 30 energy i have and with an average of 45k coins thats 1.4m~ more for a cool ~2m coins.

and it still wouldn't be enough -_-

600k coins.

debating going all the way to 2m and doing nothing but 10x pulls all day err day

i might just use the 30 energy i have and with an average of 45k coins thats 1.4m~ more for a cool ~2m coins.

and it still wouldn't be enough -_-
Just do coins each weekends and you'll eventually complete PoF.
I never used energy to run more coins.

Visceir

Been running 5-6 most of the day, gotten 10 Sentient Flames. I'm getting one like every 4 - 5 runs or so and this is with 2 treause hunter characters.

Need 5 more flames, the staff weapon and I'll finally be able to open up Seiryu job3 and max out its levels.

Momentary

Banned
How the hell are you getting all these drops. It too forever for me to get the tooth and I have 2 TH characters in the party. Maybe I should just focus on that flame Item for now and wait for double drop rates.

Visceir

I don't think TH even makes a difference. 2x TH would make it 1.5%, but since TH also rounds down it will still be 1% drop rate.

Just set your mindset to "I'll probably get 1 every 5 runs" and you'll be less disappointed, haha.

Been running 5-6 most of the day, gotten 10 Sentient Flames. I'm getting one like every 4 - 5 runs or so and this is with 2 treause hunter characters.

Need 5 more flames, the staff weapon and I'll finally be able to open up Seiryu job3 and max out its levels.
Should try 7-6 for flames with the item drop rate of tomorrow.

I believe 7-9 has a bunch of horns too.

Visceir

Yeah, already did. Haven't done enough runs to determine if it's definitely better but I'm having a better feeling about doing that stage, even though it has 2x less enemies that drop the item.

Need just 2 more flames anyway.

Better image of Alika Λ version. Really liking the design, getting some Sophitia vibes from that. Hope they'll make the S lambda versions Z class too, that and she better get some good skills. Will probably be just more lighting attacks though.

Some crazy french dude made a post with dps charts for each type of element and weapon.

Really detailed stuff, with single and double pincers, etc.

So top 5 melee (not in order): Gugba, Odin Λ, Ma'curi, Sn'aip and Harold.

Top 5 elemental dmg: Bahamut Λ, Lewto Λ, Jennish Λ, Samatha Λ and Koko Λ
(apparently Piz'fer Λ and Zerro Λ got less dmg than the other 2 mages, but are closer to Samatha and Koko)

Folstern

Some crazy french dude made a post with dps charts for each type of element and weapon.

(apparently Piz'fer Λ and Zerro Λ got less dmg than the other 2 mages, but are closer to Samatha and Koko)
Interesting. From just look at Odin Λ's skills I would have never guessed he'd be such a powerhouse. I need to work on Harold.

Hmmm I really can't decide who to work towards for my first recode between Koko and Samatha. Both Lambdas are very similar and I have each of them at an identical 27 SB%.

It's a toss up between Koko's ability to self-generate capsules and Samatha's jobs already being leveled more. That and I like her art better.

Falk

that puzzling face
So if I understand it right, to make the most out of the new +1 (or more) levels per dupe, you want your dudes/dudettes to be a reasonably high level on all their job classes WITHOUT grinding their SB, before you start going for dupes, right? Since 70->71 is a much better return than going from 2->3 etc.

(e.g. Sheena, Velraine, Maralme, Seiryu, Lev, Bahamut, Odin, etc. Descendeds obv. after they next appear. Obviously all monsters from PoF also apply but it's rather stupid to grind them all beforehand anyway)

edit: Actually half of those already gain levels anyway prior to the change lol.

HawthorneKitty

Hmmm I really can't decide who to work towards for my first recode between Koko and Samatha. Both Lambdas are very similar and I have each of them at an identical 27 SB%.

It's a toss up between Koko's ability to self-generate capsules and Samatha's jobs already being leveled more. That and I like her art better.
Do Samatha first and when you start on Koko, Samatha can eat her capsules in the meantime.

Finalow

so it seems like I pulled an SS healer who is garbage, literally shit tier. of course I wasn't going to pull A'misandra (Λ).

another reminder that Gugba needs a nerf and when his Λ will be out I'll laugh/cry.

not sure how Harold is up there when he doesn't have any x1.5 skill. and Bahl clearly overshadowed by Gugba.

Visceir

Glad they permanently added MZ4 into the arena. Running low on Metal tickets, need to farm more next time double item drop rate in chapter 6 comes around.

Yeah, stumbled on it a while ago. Don't buy the part of Harold being top 5 dps until someone explains why though.

I'd be fully on board with them nerfing 1.5x damage, give people more of a reason to stray from the holy trinity.

Getting the items for Seiryu is slightly infuriating, the drop rate is depressingly low. I'll be so glad to be finally done with it once I get the last flame.

Visceir

Rank means nothing if the skills are trash~

I'm eager to find out exactly how bad he is for myself though, it'll also be satisfying to finally do the 10x pull and see the levels/SB shoot up to max.

i levled up all of sheeva's jobs to 30 in metal zones, before i realized i could have just used that stamina to grind metal tickets in 6-8.

im thinking ill grind her as close to 65 as possible, and then rely on coin pulls for the extra levels.

Top Bottom