• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker/Hironobu Sakaguchi's Terra Battle |OT| Season 2 has been unleashed!

Meeps

Got Leviathan up to 40% SB now. Between now and the time Leviathan expires, I could probably get another 9% SB out of it. Is it worth the effort, or should I just relax and focus on finishing the leveling of Leviathan to prepare for Bahamut?

I've found that Leviathan gains SB at a decent rate, so I'd just focus on leveling up for now. My Leviathan /\ is around 45% and it triggers most of its skills all the time. Do you have a character with anti-fire capsules? If you're going for a non-Grace Bahamut strategy, that might be more useful on your team in order to tank Meteor. Level 90 characters might be fine without it though. I'm not sure!

Edit: Just saw you have A'merpact which is what I used. You should be fine. :)

duckroll

I've found that Leviathan gains SB at a decent rate, so I'd just focus on leveling up for now. My Leviathan /\ is around 45% and it triggers most of its skills all the time. Do you have a character with anti-fire capsules? If you're going for a non-Grace Bahamut strategy, that might be more useful on your team in order to tank Meteor. Level 90 characters might be fine without it though. I'm not sure!

I have A'merpact for Anti-Fire capsules. I plan on using Leviathan and A'merpact for Ice DPS, Sorman for healing, and then throwing in 3 pure DPS characters. Probably Bahl and Harold, and someone else. U'nasag? Velraine? Not sure. Not even sure how many Anti-Fire capsules are enough. How does Meteor's damage compare with Leviathan's Icicle?

Meeps

I have A'merpact for Anti-Fire capsules. I plan on using Leviathan and A'merpact for Ice DPS, Sorman for healing, and then throwing in 3 pure DPS characters. Probably Bahl and Harold, and someone else. U'nasag? Velraine? Not sure. Not even sure how many Anti-Fire capsules are enough. How does Meteor's damage compare with Leviathan's Icicle?

Meteor is about the same as Icicle, but it has that random component to it, so you might get lucky...or unlucky. I was using Grace, but I couldn't always get the perfect setup, and having even 1 or 2 capsules helped me survive long enough to chip away the rest of his HP. I'm sure having characters at level 90 this time will make things much easier. I don't think I even had Ma'curi back then, haha.

Just curious, how difficult is Bahamut compared to Leviathan and Odin without Grace?

Looking forward to trying him out. I think this will be the one where I'll jump through the hoops to recode.

Just curious, how difficult is Bahamut compared to Leviathan and Odin without Grace?

Looking forward to trying him out. I think this will be the one where I'll jump through the hoops to recode.
Pretty easy with fire capsules and fire guard.
He doesn't have crazy attacks like Leviathan's confuse all, or Odin's Zantetsuso + life drain combo.

His meteor hurts, but again with fire capsules you don't need to use Grace's insta-kill thing to beat it.

GordonShumway

Neo Member
So, for the first time since I got the game I'm pretty much just grinding for leveling up a bunch of guys. What's the best way to do that? I always just assumed it'd be just going through metal zones as I have stamina for them. Is it more efficient to grind 6-8 for metal tickets? Then 20 or 23-4 after that?

Aexact

Ellvern is also nice if you keep him on his second job and the rest of your team only has remedy mages/other poison, as he can poison and take out the lizards. I only have Zafitte, though (sometimes you can cheese the enemies into running into the bombs). I also have Zeera, Kana, R'zonand, and regular A'misandra.

I wouldn't put Ellvern on his second job. Even if you have a 2nd poisoner, sometimes the positioning doesn't allow you to get them into the right position. He's a lot more useful when he has enough magic attack to kill mobs on schedule. An actual melee adventurer would function better if you need to kill lizards, especially if they have Control Time. Even the Upi brothers can pull off lizard duty (though they need to trigger all their attack procs so they need 50+ SB).

I've actually successfully 2-manned Lamia a bunch of times. With intimate knowledge of the encounter (and lots of grueling losses to gain experience) and communication with your teammate, it goes alright since you have less units to worry about moving out of the way in your 4-6 seconds and Lamia and the enemies work on a two turn rotation (Nullify Heal, Panacea+Ram and the enemies rotate between their two status ailments) so it's easier to know what turn an enemy is on. Having more units is preferable of course to guard against Lamia RNG being a jerk and pushing you the wrong way but it's doable.

Man, I got Anti-Fire Capsules, but Bahamut is still a monster and I remember my level low Magic Defense 70 guys getting one shot by his normal attacks before. Save/Reload loses all the capsules you generate from the previous board state. Should probably Grace it just to have a little stress on stage 4 rather then a lot of stress throughout. Guess we'll see how the battle goes with the new level 90 level cap!

Visceir

So, for the first time since I got the game I'm pretty much just grinding for leveling up a bunch of guys. What's the best way to do that? I always just assumed it'd be just going through metal zones as I have stamina for them. Is it more efficient to grind 6-8 for metal tickets? Then 20 or 23-4 after that?

Hard to tell. I think the 2 monsters at 6-8 have a metal ticket drop rate of 10% and then 20% for the big boss one. I've been farming metal tickets for the past day or so and have gotten 23 tickets. My drop rate is x1.5 thanks to 2 characters with Treasure Hunter though.

I still have plenty of runs where I don't get any metal tickets and it costs 7 stamina each run. I think it's definitely worth for MZ4, maybe even MZ3 and not worth for MZ1 and 2.

And yeah, after MZ5 you'll get the best exp for your stamina at ch 20.

Edit: if you have a stomach for it you could do quick matches with 2 characters and have others carry you. I got ~75 k exp in 20 min that way. Costs no stamina and I guess you could abuse the 1.5x exp item bug with it.

GordonShumway

Neo Member
Hard to tell. I think the 2 monsters at 6-8 have a metal ticket drop rate of 10% and then 20% for the big boss one. I've been farming metal tickets for the past day or so and have gotten 23 tickets. My drop rate is x1.5 thanks to 2 characters with Treasure Hunter though.

I still have plenty of runs where I don't get any metal tickets and it costs 7 stamina each run. I think it's definitely worth for MZ4, maybe even MZ3 and not worth for MZ1 and 2.

And yeah, after MZ5 you'll get the best exp for your stamina at ch 20.

Edit: if you have a stomach for it you could do quick matches with 2 characters and have others carry you. I got ~75 k exp in 20 min that way. Costs no stamina and I guess you could abuse the 1.5x exp item bug with it.

Alright. Turns out I've been sitting on 23 metal tickets already, so I'll probably just use stamina for the for the first 2-3 zones and start using tickets for the fourth.

Have yet to try any of the multiplayer stuff, but I think I'd rather pass on using it to grind for the time being. Speaking of multiplayer - am I really missing anything by not playing it?

Visceir

There's a "First Contact Bonus"

"First contact bonuses are rewards granted by playing private co-op rooms with other players. The bonus is granted once for each unique player encountered in a private co-op room, for up to 20 first contact bonuses. Completing all 20 first contact bonuses grants a total of 20 Energy and 24 Metal Tickets. "

I'd say the 20 energy is well worth it.

It can be quite enjoyable and fun too -- atleast it was when I initially played it. Almost felt like a gamechanger, almost.

Vena

My phone got destroyed at work... don't forget your phones in your pocket during a high-Tesla magnetic field test... q.q And I haven't done the Last Story segment yet so I have to really grind through this new account now.

On the bright side I got lucky with Sheena (actually my first SS back on my original account, so I guess she's sticking true to the team!) and Piz'fer on my first pulls... so I think I'll live. >.> I've managed to snag Levi again but no way was I getting any of his other forms.

I think this will do me well for now:
Sheena
Piz'fer
Maralme
Sorman
Grace
...Knight!

I am in sore need of a lancer though. :/ I dropped five bucks to get back up and running (first time I spent any money on this game but well worth it for the hours I've put into it and the music).

Finalow

guess who has Grace at level 90 for destroying Bahamut. ;_D

it seems much easier than Leviathan so I might get his SB up as well. my Leviathan on the other hand is still at 8% or so, I don't really want to run that dungeon again, with or without Grace.

Falk

that puzzling face
I'll just bide my time and do the SB farming the next time the three goons come around.

Unless I still don't have Neg/NegPro, in which case big wheel keep on turning.

Visceir

Bahamut soon! Wish we would get more information on the new lambda characters, but I bet we won't see update 2.7.0 until Bahamut event is over.

Some more information was datamined on Bahamut's meteor attack, seems like it hits 24 random cells. It won't hit the cells your characters are on and probably has the chance to hit 2x2 boss monsters multiple times.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Bahamut soon! Wish we would get more information on the new lambda characters, but I bet we won't see update 2.7.0 until Bahamut event is over.

Some more information was datamined on Bahamut's meteor attack, seems like it hits 24 random cells. It won't hit the cells your characters are on and probably has the chance to hit 2x2 boss monsters multiple times.
Does it hit capsule/bomb/point squares?

Visceir

It does, it also hits stones, traps, spikes and all other stage hazards. Doesn't hit co-op partners though, so in co-op with 12 characters on screen it would become a better skill.

It covers more than 60% of the tiles but won't probably be a very reliable skill, still quite good though.

Meanwhile I'm somewhat impressed with Levi's Maelstrom skill range. Hope I won't regret not leveling it, haha.

Finalow

I wish they announced more SS /healers/ lambda versions soon.

Falk

that puzzling face
They better get Heal All or still useless.

Or alternatively, Tera-Heal ring or something else that changes things up a bit.

Our great master at work.
CGp1U97UgAAqE_l.jpg:large

GordonShumway

Neo Member
Spent the day so far grinding for Ethers. Have a total of zero to show for my efforts so far. I guess Bahamut will wait until tomorrow.

Edit: Just did another 23-10 run. Happened to kill the Young Onix Dragon with a counterattack and that ended the match. Onix Dragon didn't spawn. Is this normal?

Spent the day so far grinding for Ethers. Have a total of zero to show for my efforts so far. I guess Bahamut will wait until tomorrow.

Edit: Just did another 23-10 run. Happened to kill the Young Onix Dragon with a counterattack and that ended the match. Onix Dragon didn't spawn. Is this normal?
What happened after ? Does battle end ?

Anyway, I got an Ether like after only two runs, but then went ahead to farm me a Wormhole. 250+ stamina later, rng gods decided to pity me.

2 full stamina rounds trying to get gungnir in 10-10. nothing to show for it.

this is my punishment for relatively easy SS items for my other chars

2 full stamina rounds trying to get gungnir in 10-10. nothing to show for it.

this is my punishment for relatively easy SS items for my other chars
Don't farm without the item drop days.
Low rng chances will make you waste too much stamina.
I mean, it's already bad with the extra item bonus for some materials.

Use this website to check when they start:
http://crape.org/tools/terra-battle/dailybonus.html

You can click each days to see which items/monsters are more worth farming.

duckroll

- Got Bahamut in Descended the first time (thanks Samatha!)
- Got Suzaku and the Job2 item in Evolved the first time (thanks Samatha!)
- Realized I needed one more Animation to do the job change
- Ran Pudding Time in Hunting Zone 3 twice with Gatz and got NOTHING BUT RINGS and ONE Oxsecium (thanks for NOTHING Mistwalker!)

._.

- Got Bahamut in Descended the first time (thanks Samatha!)
- Got Suzaku and the Job2 item in Evolved the first time (thanks Samatha!)
- Realized I needed one more Animation to do the job change
- Ran Pudding Time in Hunting Zone 3 twice with Gatz and got NOTHING BUT RINGS and ONE Oxsecium (thanks for NOTHING Mistwalker!)

._.

haha yeah, i pray i dont get anymore characters requiring oxcesiums cause i have 1 of it, and like 16+ OF EVERYTHING ELSE for some godforsaken reason.

and i have not set foot in a pudding time in like...3 months.

Aexact

Caught Suzaku on 2nd try, take that ~3% recruitment rate! >.>

Shiiiit was trying the Grace method and nearly wrecked myself because Czerkas's AOE almost killed his side of the map. If he was 1-2 levels higher, would've ruined the whole run.

Also lucky that Olber survived Inferno, I though 193 Magic Defense and 4000+ HP would be enough to comfortably tank it, yikes.

duckroll

Lol. I was silly to think I wasn't prepared for Bahamut Ultra. Destroyed him pretty easily and got the Job3 item on the first try! Yay me! Bahl died from the meteors though, gotta be more careful with the capsules. Everyone else survived because they either had Anti-Flame Shields, or more than enough HP. I'll be replacing Bahl with Samatha for the rest of the runs anyway, for her Negotiator skill. It was great to see Velraine finally pulling her weight. Getting hit by meteors over and over and getting 0 damage. <3 <3

Now I just need that Animation to drop...

Visceir

Got Suzaku as well. Now to level it to 50 and DNA recode Bahamut~

I wonder if I should bother trying to recruit Kujata too, might not be all too agonizing with 2xNeg pro.

Vena

I've killed Bahamut 10 times now trying to get his drop... no luck. And I am in no condition to be trying to fight either of Evolved or Ascended right now.

Much rage.

At least Piz'fer is useful for it, makes the fight pretty easy even at my (now) low level.

OMG Aero

Just caught Bahamut on my third attempt, I probably have enough time to grind my party up to get his second job item but I think I'm just gonna wait until they do this event again instead of stressing out about it.

duckroll

2.2 million downloads has been reached! Sakimoto music get! Really hoping this means they'll be adding the Matsuno stuff at the end of this month or next month...

Also, Sakaguchi tweeted about having lunch with the Brave Frontier dudes today. Could another collaboration be added to the Download Starter soon?!

anaron

2.2 million downloads has been reached! Sakimoto music get! Really hoping this means they'll be adding the Matsuno stuff at the end of this month or next month...

Also, Sakaguchi tweeted about having lunch with the Brave Frontier dudes today. Could another collaboration be added to the Download Starter soon?!

yes please.

I'd love for Yoshida to be recruited. his style is probably the closest to Fujisaka's and with Matsuno and Sakimoto joining, it'd be such a great reunion.

Finalow

ez Bahamut Ultra with Grace, ez Suzaku with neg pro, ez drops with 2 TH.

now I have no metal tickets so I guess I'm going to spam some QMs for exp.
and ores.

Heng

Does the 10% Def down to beast on Grace mess with the dragon def down glitch? I just did an attempt with over 8 uses of dragon Def down and it had no effect. I then did another run after removing that spell and it went down in 6 or 7 uses.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Does the 10% Def down to beast on Grace mess with the dragon def down glitch? I just did an attempt with over 8 uses of dragon Def down and it had no effect. I then did another run after removing that spell and it went down in 6 or 7 uses.
No, the debuffs only last 2 turn rounds.

Visceir

Got Bahamut &#923; to lvl 60, just the grind to lvl 80 left now, think I'll just run a 4 character group in 20-1 along with Gegonago and Alika to get their other jobs to lvl 80 as well.

Have any of you actually bothered to get the job1s to lvl 85 to get the energy achievements?

Don't think it has been linked here yet, but someone made a website to track your progress in Terra Battle

Link

It also features data on item drops and an estimation on how much stamina you'd have to spend to get the items you want. Good way to determine best way to spend your stamina.

Jagernaut

Grace method is easy on Bahamut Ultra if you get your characters placed properly and get 4 Grace activations on the 1st turn. 2 runs and I got the job2 and job3 items.

Wanted to get back into this game but pretty much lost my previous data, which wasn't very far but had a Gugba. I've been rerolling for the past two days and the best I've gotten is 3 (!!!) Aminas.

Boo.

Top Bottom