• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker/Hironobu Sakaguchi's Terra Battle |OT| Season 2 has been unleashed!

Red Mage

so it seems like I pulled an SS healer who is garbage, literally shit tier. of course I wasn't going to pull A'misandra (Λ).

another reminder that Gugba needs a nerf and when his Λ will be out I'll laugh/cry.

not sure how Harold is up there when he doesn't have any x1.5 skill. and Bahl clearly overshadowed by Gugba.

Bite your tongue. Gugba does not need a nerf. Ever. >_>

duckroll

After a gazillion runs of Odin Ultra and Leviathan Ultra with Samatha's Negotiator in the past 2 weeks, I finally finished a run where Negotiator activated but I did NOT get the Leviathan drop. Feels bad. :(

meow

After a gazillion runs of Odin Ultra and Leviathan Ultra with Samatha's Negotiator in the past 2 weeks, I finally finished a run where Negotiator activated but I did NOT get the Leviathan drop. Feels bad. :(

I always make sure to double pincer on the final move (I actually use the ice mage to heal Leviathan if I messed up and think I'll take him out in one hit). If I understand Negotiator correctly, I think that guarantees the drop. But yeah...wish I had Neg Pro!!!

duckroll

I always make sure to double pincer on the final move (I actually use the ice mage to heal Leviathan if I messed up and think I'll take him out in one hit). If I understand Negotiator correctly, I think that guarantees the drop. But yeah...wish I had Neg Pro!!!

I always double princer and I've always gotten the drop, but maybe what happened was he died in the first pincer rather than the second one. Thanks for the tip, I'll keep that in mind! :)

meow

I always double princer and I've always gotten the drop, but maybe what happened was he died in the first pincer rather than the second one. Thanks for the tip, I'll keep that in mind! :)

Haha yeah, that battle is too long for me to risk not getting it...can't use the Grace method b/c Leviathan dies too fast, can't guarantee the double Negotiator activation. If I'm going to spend all of that time chipping its hp down, I better at least get that skill boost!

Visceir

Maxed out Seiryu.

Each pull gives +12% SB and +6 levels.

The +5% matk buff works on all dragons, not just fire. Still not very impressive though.

It does have the same 2 tile ring magic attack that lambda mages do, but lacks any other column, horizontal or area magic attacks.

Wallach

I haven't played this since not long after it launched, but I really just enjoy the game in general so I'm trying to get caught up on it.

Decided to toss ~40 bucks their way for a pair of 10 pulls while they had this event going on, and my second pull was pretty crazy:

- Koko /\
- Lewto /\
- Yukken (SS)
- Yukken... again (SS)
- Lewto (SS)
- Sheena (SS)

Okay. Thanks.

linkent

Maxed out Seiryu.

Each pull gives +12% SB and +6 levels.

The +5% matk buff works on all dragons, not just fire. Still not very impressive though.

It does have the same 2 tile ring magic attack that lambda mages do, but lacks any other column, horizontal or area magic attacks.

So we can gain 100/12= ~9
9x6=56levels.
Meaning need to level 34 across all jobs to Max level.

Just got my last Sentient Flame(12 flames in 200sta stage 5-8)
Far easier than the horn.
Luckily yesterday bonus item stage allowed me get all those stupid horns (12 horns with 200+ stamina)
Without bonus i only got 1 out of 300+ stamina.

Gonna spam metal tickets now!

Odin need to be a dragon too!
Also need a Support dragon.

decided to do another 10x coin pull.

got camellia.

woulda preferred suoh but whatever. im never fond of characters that have different job classes cause you often cant really use their skills in other jobs.

Visceir

decided to do another 10x coin pull.

got camellia.

woulda preferred suoh but whatever. im never fond of characters that have different job classes cause you often cant really use their skills in other jobs.

What exactly do you mean? Using Camellia job3 (spear) and adding her Terabow from job2 would still count the Terabow as a spear skill and do damage accordingly.

Visceir

I've been keeping Gegonago in my party to get his SB up a little. The +3 sec Control Time All and +20% Frequency are really nice. Rather curious what his lambda skills will be.

Love that instal kill icebind attack from Leviathan /\. Neat effect.

Next event, I'mma run to your home and have you pull, k ?

Even if he isn't super hot, least you can decently run some MZ6 now.

Maybe when they finally get around to buffing MZ6 -- as it is right now there's no real point in running MZ6.

Is icebind any good? Seems like the chance of it working drops to as low as 20% with monsters in chapter 31. Since I have Piz'fer I never even really thought about leveling Leviathan, hope this wasn't a mistake, haha.

Few more days left until I'll be able to get my hands on Bahamut /\ and Meteor attack!

Aexact

MZ6 being nuts is interesting during the event where MZK4, 5 and 6 were in the arena because even though MZK6 was available, I'd only run MZK5. Maybe it's to give people a reason to go to the lower level MZ Arenas?

But yeah, as a stamina sink instead of a flat metal ticket price, leveling in story stages is much more lucrative.

I ended up trying to boost my Triscorp today so I could have some kind of poison for Lamia, since today was 2x monsters for Chapter 4, which also took my Spinetrich to 100% and netted me about ten Z items and a pretty impressive amount of boosts for my B-team.

I ended up trying to boost my Triscorp today so I could have some kind of poison for Lamia, since today was 2x monsters for Chapter 4, which also took my Spinetrich to 100% and netted me about ten Z items and a pretty impressive amount of boosts for my B-team.
You're setting yourself up for massive frustration with Triscorp.
He gets one shotted by almost everything in the Lamia fight.

I tried the same thing when it came out, but then just waited until I pulled a poison guy from PoT. Got Ellvern a few weeks later thankfully.

If you know people with a poison crew, then you could technically bring a healer and huge melee dps to help out.

Finalow

- Koko /\
- Lewto /\
- Yukken (SS)
- Yukken... again (SS)
- Lewto (SS)
- Sheena (SS)

Okay. Thanks.
something like this?

4r1Ya3P.gif

goddamn this luck.
hacks

duckroll

I beat a Leviathan Ultra run after my only ice character died in the 3rd round from the fucking mines. I feel there should be an achievement for this, or at the very least medical compensation from Mistwalker for my numb left hand from holding the phone for that long. Lol.... :(

I beat a Leviathan Ultra run after my only ice character died in the 3rd round from the fucking mines. I feel there should be an achievement for this, or at the very least medical compensation from Mistwalker for my numb left hand from holding the phone for that long.
Hmm, don't you need ice to break the shield, or did you just manage that?

You're setting yourself up for massive frustration with Triscorp.
He gets one shotted by almost everything in the Lamia fight.
Eh, if it's my only option I'll at least give it a try.

meow

Eh, if it's my only option I'll at least give it a try.

In my experience you don't need a whole team of poison characters...maybe 2 is optimal? I haven't run Lamia that many times successfully. (I think only twice, actually). I'm down to try to get the upgrade items, gaf should do private rooms sometime for anyone else interested. It'd be nice to have the zero stamina event back.

Wallach

something like this?

4r1Ya3P.gif

goddamn this luck.
hacks

Pretty much. There were a couple shiny ones in there. Almost all of them had a + symbol which looks like it gave them some kind of bonus starting level or something.

Now I have no idea who to use. I'm only on like chapter 7, haha.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I still haven't rolled Olber but I got Samantha. Is she worth starting with?
Yeah, she's amazing as ^.
In my experience you don't need a whole team of poison characters...maybe 2 is optimal? I haven't run Lamia that many times successfully. (I think only twice, actually). I'm down to try to get the upgrade items, gaf should do private rooms sometime for anyone else interested. It'd be nice to have the zero stamina event back.
I'm in, but don't got poison.

duckroll

What sort of non-poison characters would be good for Lamia? I have Bone Killer for Nullify Healing, but with no SB since I haven't used it at all. He's leveled up though. I'm definitely interested in at least getting the Eidolon once.

HawthorneKitty

What sort of non-poison characters would be good for Lamia? I have Bone Killer for Nullify Healing, but with no SB since I haven't used it at all. He's leveled up though. I'm definitely interested in at least getting the Eidolon once.
Nullify Healing is not needed if you have a poison as you just run away.
Bonna, R'zonand, Kana, Zeera are good for the wards. Otherwise just have top physical units with a nice amount of skills to end the physical weak monsters.

duckroll

Nullify Healing is not needed if you have a poison as you just run away.
Bonna, R'zonand, Kana, Zeera are good for the wards. Otherwise just have top physical units with a nice amount of skills to end the physical weak monsters.

Nullify Healing blocks Panacea. I'm talking about inflicting Lamia with it. Not protecting against it.

Hige

I've beaten Lamia a number of times on my own with a second account. I used Olber, Ellvern, Kuscah, and R'zonand. I think you could replace Olber with a melee character like Ma'curi or Sheena or Zuzu. It's been a while, but I think Ellvern is better than Zafitte because he has higher MATK and Zafitte's poison doesn't always kill enemies in 3 hits. Kuscah can probably be replaced, and R'zonand is crucial for his status immunity to setup the first pincer on the boss round.

Six characters almost seems like overkill compared to that, but using just four characters requires a lot of precision. I failed several times because I didn't place characters just right and stuff like that. I also used Chaos 3 and Valk 1 for the fight. Luckily, Valk 1 is strong enough to kill all the lizards Lamia summons at the end.

Visceir

I could contribute with Ellvern, R'zonand, Zuzu, A'misandra Λ (death ward chain, resurrection, heal all, Status Guard [Guards against poison, sleep, paralysis, confusion, demoralization, and petrification.])

meow

Can you equip any of the previous skills on a lambda character even if they were originally over the level cap?

Ellvern is also nice if you keep him on his second job and the rest of your team only has remedy mages/other poison, as he can poison and take out the lizards. I only have Zafitte, though (sometimes you can cheese the enemies into running into the bombs). I also have Zeera, Kana, R'zonand, and regular A'misandra.

HawthorneKitty

Can you equip any of the previous skills on a lambda character even if they were originally over the level cap?

Ellvern is also nice if you keep him on his second job and the rest of your team only has remedy mages/other poison, as he can poison and take out the lizards. I only have Zafitte, though (sometimes you can cheese the enemies into running into the bombs). I also have Zeera, Kana, R'zonand, and regular A'misandra.
Yes, lambdas can use any skill when you put them into the level capped slots.

Anyone have any thoughts on the ideal skill set up and job for Zael?

Rally seems like a decent buff but it can mess up positioning. I'm wondering if it's better to leave him on job 2. His ATK is similar with the 10% equip buff so the main downside is less hp.

Visceir

Anyone have any thoughts on the ideal skill set up and job for Zael?

Rally seems like a decent buff but it can mess up positioning. I'm wondering if it's better to leave him on job 2. His ATK is similar with the 10% equip buff so the main downside is less hp.

If you don't care much for the +HP and counter skill and value the +10% frequency skill then job2 is definitely better. I personally wouldn't bother using Zael if I had to leave out Rally though. That extra +10% atk/matk for everyone is really nice. Learn to deal with the positioning drawback and enjoy the atk/matk boost.

Mine is job3 with 2x atk +10%, gigaslash and Vertical slice added.

Visceir

Their atk would still be capped at +100%

"All stat buffs (ATK, DEF, MATK, MDEF) now have a cap of +100%. Control Time, +2Sec, Chain has also been capped at +16 seconds. These caps are rarely hit in single player, but with extra characters in co-op, it can cause balance issues. "

HawthorneKitty

Their atk would still be capped at +100%

"All stat buffs (ATK, DEF, MATK, MDEF) now have a cap of +100%. Control Time, +2Sec, Chain has also been capped at +16 seconds. These caps are rarely hit in single player, but with extra characters in co-op, it can cause balance issues. "
I was just wondering in terms of movement...

Any tips for 30-10? Trying to decide if I should drop a damage dealer for a heal all healer. I noticed he won't counter when in the rod phase, and I brought zafitte for levitate and such, but the second form caught me way off guard with the status effects.

If you don't care much for the +HP and counter skill and value the +10% frequency skill then job2 is definitely better. I personally wouldn't bother using Zael if I had to leave out Rally though. That extra +10% atk/matk for everyone is really nice. Learn to deal with the positioning drawback and enjoy the atk/matk boost.

Mine is job3 with 2x atk +10%, gigaslash and Vertical slice added.
Thanks.

I definitely value the frequency boost, especially because I think it will go great with Amisandra's chain boost when I get her to 80... Eventually.

That looks like a good skill set up, particularly when I'm lacking on decent Sword DPS. It's a tough call between high damage with job 3 or decent damage/utility with job 2. Bah choices! I suppose the sign of a well designed character is multiple viable skill set ups.

duckroll

Got Leviathan up to 40% SB now. Between now and the time Leviathan expires, I could probably get another 9% SB out of it. Is it worth the effort, or should I just relax and focus on finishing the leveling of Leviathan to prepare for Bahamut?

Got Leviathan up to 40% SB now. Between now and the time Leviathan expires, I could probably get another 9% SB out of it. Is it worth the effort, or should I just relax and focus on finishing the leveling of Leviathan to prepare for Bahamut?
Depends if you intend to recode soon'ish, but might be better if you waited until the next time they come back so you can properly (and easily with more levels) SB them to get full 100% after recode.

Focus on Bahamut, and SB him up a bit if you can.

duckroll

Yeah I think I'm fine with 40%. It looks like Metal Zone 5 King is popping up just before Leviathan expires anyway, so I'll rather unlock all the ice attacks to prepare for Bahamut. I hope Leviathan and A'merpact are enough to help me power through Bahamut Omega... >_<

Top Bottom