• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker/Hironobu Sakaguchi's Terra Battle |OT| Season 2 has been unleashed!

duckroll

Got Bahamut up to 9%. Still can't change any of his jobs because Puddings refused to drop any Animation. I'll wait for Chapter 29 Item Drop Up on Sunday and bring Gatz along to 29-8. I only need one so that should be painless. With capsules and a bunch of Ice users, Bahamut Omega is much easier than I expected.

I'm glad the timing worked out this way too. Previously it was Bahamut -> Leviathan -> Odin, and this time they reversed it. Turned out great in my favor since I had Lewto for Leviathan, and could get Leviathan leveled up to use for Bahamut. Would have been harder the other way round! :)

Have any of you actually bothered to get the job1s to lvl 85 to get the energy achievements?

I was going to, but then the new events started and I'm not going to waste stamina on Job1 leveling when I can get SB on the Odin/Leviathan/Bahamut instead during this period. Lol. I'm sitting on 60+ energy, so I'm not really in any hurry. :)

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Yeah, I'm a little glad events are ending because I really want to grind levels and do those misc achievements like coin creep.

Vena

I finally caught Bahamut basic. It only took 15 runs... and I won't even use him since Daiana and Maralme out strip him in terms of what I can get out of either of them in short order over not even probably getting Bahamut to T2 for a long, long time.

Also I am one of those crazy people who prefers a ton of A/S over the SS non-mages. The mages, though, so OP.

I finally caught Bahamut basic. It only took 15 runs... and I won't even use him since Daiana and Maralme out strip him in terms of what I can get out of either of them in short order over not even probably getting Bahamut to T2 for a long, long time.

Also I am one of those crazy people who prefers a ton of A/S over the SS non-mages. The mages, though, so OP.

Definitely work on Baha/Levi when you can, they're basically superior versions of Daiana and Amerpact (granted with no capsules). With the MZ4 always available, you can get all 3 jobs up to 35 quickly with Metal Tickets and they'll have respectable firepower at that point.

I think it's great Terra Battle has some powerful adventurers under S class (DPS Trinity: Macuri, Snaip, Bahl), it really brings the game more variety and it's easier to roll and acquire them. We're definitely seeing power creep now though, Z class characters are just crazy strong and I'm not sure how they can balance the disparity effectively between A/B chars and Z.

HawthorneKitty

There are powerful units in lower ranks but, they can just make enemies hit harder since they are still squishy.
Maybe throw in more defense debuff enemies.

maybe have some special bonuses to bring parity.

like that boss that requires lightning to stop working, have some enemies be affect by different magic/physical weapons aside from just doing more damage.

Vena

Definitely work on Baha/Levi when you can, they're basically superior versions of Daiana and Amerpact (granted with no capsules). With the MZ4 always available, you can get all 3 jobs up to 35 quickly with Metal Tickets and they'll have respectable firepower at that point.

I think it's great Terra Battle has some powerful adventurers under S class (DPS Trinity: Macuri, Snaip, Bahl), it really brings the game more variety and it's easier to roll and acquire them. We're definitely seeing power creep now though, Z class characters are just crazy strong and I'm not sure how they can balance the disparity effectively between A/B chars and Z.

The problem with Levi/Baha at the moment for me, is that since this is a remake account (see above on losses), I am strapped on levels and am only now just making into the 30s on J1. By the time I get around to getting T2 Baha/Levi, I may as well have promoted Daiana to J3.

That said, more than likely, I will not even use Daiana over Maralme as the latter has always been one of my favorite for her elemental versatility, Wyrmtail, and the damage modifiers which make her very strong against the slew of dragons in the game as bosses. Only loss I have there is the lapse of quick Inferno access and AoE Fire. Once I have Maralme and Grace at respectable levels in J3, Dragons and these bosses should be back on farming status lol.

I got really lucky with getting back some of my own favorites from luck pulls on the new account as I have Sheena and Maralme as I did on my original account.

duckroll

I think we'll get Ch32, VS mode, and Sakaguchi Boss in this month's update. Maybe Ch33, Matsuno World, and new Eidolons in next month's update.

A random aside, but I really wish we were getting new Uematsu music.

The guest music is great, no doubt, but I really think Uematsu should have had the Chapter 31+ duties.

Wanted to get back into this game but pretty much lost my previous data, which wasn't very far but had a Gugba. I've been rerolling for the past two days and the best I've gotten is 3 (!!!) Aminas.

Boo.

I was able to salvage my data using this program. You plug in your android device and it mirrors it on your PC, and it allows you to control your device via mouse by making it think you're using the touch screen. It's good for if you have a cracked screen, a messed up digitizer, etc. You can't use a mouse or anything other than the touch screen in Terra Battle that I've found, so this was the only way for me to do it. Root also wasn't possible on the device I was transferring to, otherwise I'd just copy the save file.

Just thought I'd share in the small chance this would be useful to someone.

Gets 3 mantle helixs easily from 31-10 boss.

"Oh cool, I'm gonna have a Z-rank Zerro by the end of the day!"

Two days later

"Oh god, just drop the fucking thing!"

Heng

Does anyone have a unit with increase treasure drop? I'm thinking about doing 26-5 co-op for Deepwater or any other material for recode DA for the humans.

HawthorneKitty

Does anyone have a unit with increase treasure drop? I'm thinking about doing 26-5 co-op for Deepwater or any other material for recode DA for the humans.
I have one, but you're best off waiting for the drop increase.

duckroll

I have Gatz, but like HawthorneKitty says, it's not worth it at all until the item drop bonus day for that chapter. The drop rate for Deepwater Helix is 18% normally, even if we both brought a character for an extra 25% increase, a 4.5% bonus each. Only 27% chance per run, since it's a boss drop. On an item drop bonus day, it'll be 36%, which means 9% bonus per Treasure Hunter character. That puts it at 54%, which is much better odds for farming a boss drop.

Heng

The problem is that I don't keep track of this game's cycle for the item boost. I'm sure I can find it easily but that would still require for me to wait a few days until it comes out. Another thing is that I finished leveling A'misandra and Zerro lamba to 80 and have nothing else to spend my stamina on. I could spend my stamina on skill boost but it seems kind of boring to farm.

Heng

If you really want to try, I'm game. I wouldn't get my hopes up though.
Yay for energy daily.
10070 for the room number.

Got a helix, sweet. I'm not sure if yyou (or whoever joined) had the treasure perk but it worked out. 15622 for another room if you're interested.

Heng

Sweet another one. Thanks for the help, I'm out of stamina for now. I'll check if you want to do more whenever my stamina is high enough to do 3 or 4 more runs.

I actually got all the materials for Zerro and A'misandra on non bonus days lol. All under 100 stamina too.

Vena

Ya... so... Sweet Temptation is a no-go with my new crew at their current levels, lol. Couldn't even kill one of the jellos.

What are the odds Vajra becomes a recode monster like Lich?

Heng

Does anyone with an increase treasure drop unit want to do chapter 26-5 or 23-3 for recode materials? I'll host the rooms.

Heng

So are you going to host or not? Might not be around for much longer!
Oops sorry. I forgot about me posting this message. I'll do one in an hour if you don't mind.

Edit: I can do it now if you aren't busy.
19106. Anyone can join if you want the mats for human recode (not too sure if it's just for humans actually)

Heng

Room not found? An hour probably sounds better though. (This is why arranging quick matches on a forum is awful!)
17946. I just ran one with HawthorneKitty. Got nothing. Thanks for helping.

I think I used up all my luck yesterday lol... 11077 if you're okay to do another one.

Visceir

Thought I could handle leveling Bahamut Λ by running a 4 character team in 20-1....nope. Dropped the other 2 characters and continuing with just Bahamut and Piz'fer. Should have its meteor skill tomorrow.

Vena

Thought I could handle leveling Bahamut Λ by running a 4 character team in 20-1....nope. Dropped the other 2 characters and continuing with just Bahamut and Piz'fer. Should have its meteor skill tomorrow.

I've never actually leveled anyone off of 20-1, for a small group is it more efficient than farming tickets from 6-8 for Metal Zones? Might be a useful way for me to finish leveling Sheena and Piz'fer now that I managed to unlock all their jobs.

duckroll

Lol, this is a really depressing series of runs. :(

But! A'misandra^ is always fun to see in action! :D

Edit: Well that was some really bad luck. >_< I'm done for now. Thanks for all the SB during the runs!

Heng

Lol, this is a really depressing series of runs. :(

But! A'misandra^ is always fun to see in action! :D
Haha it's bad but I expected this sort of luck. 10594 if you can do one more. Last run for me.

Thanks for your help. Anyone can join if you guys want to do 26-5 for a chance for a recode material.

Visceir

I've never actually leveled anyone off of 20-1, for a small group is it more efficient than farming tickets from 6-8 for Metal Zones? Might be a useful way for me to finish leveling Sheena and Piz'fer now that I managed to unlock all their jobs.

Well, I still use Metal Zones to level characters to lvl 60+, just past that 20-1 is probably the most efficient way to level a character right now. Bahamut &#923; is at lvl 76 right now and I want it at lvl 80.

For me 20-1 is 250 k exp guaranteed for 25 stamina and each run takes ~7- 8 minutes. I imagine it might be slightly more difficult if you don't have a powerhouse SS/&#923; mage to carry the team...or Gugba.

Top Bottom