• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker/Hironobu Sakaguchi's Terra Battle |OT| Season 2 has been unleashed!

meow

I keep getting locked out of the co-op quick match for none of the reasons listed on the terra battle page...is anyone else having this problem? I click on the button, it searches, doesn't go anywhere (doesn't say it couldn't match, doesn't do anything) and then the next time I click, I'm locked out. It's getting really annoying and it's happened almost every time I've tried today.

duckroll

My alarm went off and it forced the app to close. :( Did it not let you finish it solo? Thanks for your help but I was unlucky today.

Doh, I hate it when that happens! It kicked me out when the host disconnected, I think only the host player can continue alone when the other players disconnect? Not sure.

Yeah bad luck today, which is why I only like doing runs for myself on bonus days, haha.

I beat Sweet Temptation this time, but cutting it close.

I think I need one more pure mage leveled up to do this one without sweating.

I guess I'll start bringing Daiana into Metal Zones.

duckroll

What OS do you guys use that this happens?

I'm on Android, but random stuff triggering in the background or another app triggering can definitely cause Terra Battle to close sometimes. Co-op is extra sensitive too, because if your screen goes to sleep you can get disconnected too, lol.

Vena

Okay. I have never used iOS, lol.

I'm on Android, but random stuff triggering in the background or another app triggering can definitely cause Terra Battle to close sometimes. Co-op is extra sensitive too, because if your screen goes to sleep you can get disconnected too, lol.

I have seen that happen from time to time with the sleep issue, ya. Its kind of annoying when you have to sleep it in the middle of a turn or something. That said, though, I run my droid with apps unable to supersede one another (aside from SuperSU) and just toss up notifications in the top bar. Haven't had a problem with Terra Battle from it that way (though they could just code it better for background suspension!).

Heng

I don't know who to recode next... atm I'm going for Yukken, but I'm not sure how good she is. My other bow user is S'naip, is it worth trading him in for her? I also have olber, but I also have Odin for a spear user. I also have all 3 dragons and Jennish, but I already have Zerro and I'm not sure if another mage will be that good. Any suggestions?

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I don't know who to recode next... atm I'm going for Yukken, but I'm not sure how good she is. My other bow user is S'naip, is it worth trading him in for her? I also have olber, but I also have Odin for a spear user. I also have all 3 dragons and Jennish, but I already have Zerro and I'm not sure if another mage will be that good. Any suggestions?
Yukken gets an amazing boost in attack when recoded; plus, more confusion is awesome. Won't ever beat S'naip in a damage war, but she's more useful.

Visceir

I wouldn't count Olber as a "spear" unit but more as a defensive unit that should probably be in every party. Could probably ditch a full-time healer alltogether with him in your party.

Yukken Λ was rather underwhelming in the beginning, but she does have one of the highest single pincer damage in game, shes also one of the few characters with +2 sec time, which is nice.

Jennish Λ and Zerro Λ would work well together since they could feed eachother capsules for that +10% matk boost + Olber's capsules. I rarely use my lambda mage to move though since I need to make pincers with physical high DPS characters, so I kinda feel that boost skill has gone to waste a bit.

Got my Bahamut Λ to lvl 80, eager to find out how useful meteor actually is.

Finalow

if a guest in co-op brings TH characters, that TH doesn't work unless they are able to stay at level 65+. (maybe Alika Z will change this) iirc chapter 26 doesn't let you do that, so unless the host has TH you can't get any.

Well, I still use Metal Zones to level characters to lvl 60+, just past that 20-1 is probably the most efficient way to level a character right now. Bahamut Λ is at lvl 76 right now and I want it at lvl 80.

For me 20-1 is 250 k exp guaranteed for 25 stamina and each run takes ~7- 8 minutes. I imagine it might be slightly more difficult if you don't have a powerhouse SS/Λ mage to carry the team...or Gugba.
I don't have any powerhouse so for me running 20-1 is not that great, I run it with 4-5 characters and each gets a level at best. it's also so boring :_(

recode Yukken, she's great. and goddamn I wish I had all those characters.

Visceir

if a guest in co-op brings TH characters, that TH doesn't work unless they are able to stay at level 65+. (maybe Alika Z will change this) iirc chapter 26 doesn't let you do that, so unless the host has TH you can't get any.

It's the difficulty level +5. So if ch 26's difficulty level is 62 then guest characters will be rounded down to 67.

And yea, I imagine 20-1 would be way more of a struggle if it wasn't as easy as just killing everything on screen with 1 turn. Getting one level per run still sounds great.

linkent

What level is that Bahamut? Doesnt seem good at all.
I am close to recoding it. Level 72/80/80 now.
How do you even level up that Z level so fast?
My Pizfer still stuck at 72. After so many runs of 23-4.

Heng

Yukken gets an amazing boost in attack when recoded; plus, more confusion is awesome. Won't ever beat S'naip in a damage war, but she's more useful.
I wouldn't count Olber as a "spear" unit but more as a defensive unit that should probably be in every party. Could probably ditch a full-time healer alltogether with him in your party.

Yukken Λ was rather underwhelming in the beginning, but she does have one of the highest single pincer damage in game, shes also one of the few characters with +2 sec time, which is nice.

Jennish Λ and Zerro Λ would work well together since they could feed eachother capsules for that +10% matk boost + Olber's capsules. I rarely use my lambda mage to move though since I need to make pincers with physical high DPS characters, so I kinda feel that boost skill has gone to waste a bit.

Got my Bahamut Λ to lvl 80, eager to find out how useful meteor actually is.

Thank you guys for the advice. Initially, Yukken's cleansing aura is what really interested me, but her damage didn't seem to come close to S'naip. I suppose nothing will for bow users but that's fine since she'll have more utility and has a better chance of surviving than S'naip does. And like you guys said, her damage isn't that bad.

For Olber, I can't seem to find how useful he really is. Maybe I'm using him wrong but I can't see him replacing A'misandra lamba as a healer. I'll give him a shot once I get Yukken, Jennish, and Odin to lamba 80.

Magee are strong but they have their limits it seems. A lot of bosses have resist magic and I think physical units have a slight advantage compared to makes in those situations. Maybe I'll do Jennish after Yukken or Odin, I'll definitely get him to lamba.

Edit: does anyone with a treasure increase drop unit want to run 26-5 for recode materials? I'm going to do some co-op.

Vena

Here's a question for team make-up in the support area: if I have Sheena with Caper and Ritual, is there much purpose in running a Green-Staff character? I picked up Palpa (obviously) and Eileen (PoT pull) recently but I see no reason to use them since I've power level Sheena to 65 in J2. The only thing I may need to swap Eileen in for, if necessary, is her Levitate on J2.

Also I've been using Lunaken for a while but until J3 (not there yet)... he feels pretty useless (only having Mega and Giga spear) aside from being my lone Spear character. My two physicals that may benefit from his Evasive Arts J3 are already tanks (Sheena and Maralme) and Piz'fer has auto-regen and revival, so I'm thinking of dropping Lunaken when I next get a better unit to replace him with.

I've reformed my/a team and gotten pretty far on my blitz to catch up now, feeling pretty good. :p

Using regular negotiator on a rate up day didn't give the huge benefit I had hoped it would. Ran 21-10 today to get Celestial Dragon for Samatha recode. Also was hoping for a good few Pegawyrms for Koko. Got 6 dragons and 3 Pegawyrms.

I guess the dragon's a boss and there wasn't that many of the other dudes so I can't complain too much. Just need those mermaids on Thursday and I'm set for my first recode.

Thanks again Cravens for that incredibly useful calender.

In case anyone missed it

Visceir

What level is that Bahamut? Doesnt seem good at all.
I am close to recoding it. Level 72/80/80 now.
How do you even level up that Z level so fast?
My Pizfer still stuck at 72. After so many runs of 23-4.

That bahamut was lvl 80. He is no match for lambda mages, but it can carry another character through 20-1 in a 2 character team with a 240 k exp result, that's good enough for me.

I level Z characters to lvl 50+ via arena metal zones using metal tickets, then it takes ~1 day of MZ 5 to get them to lvl ~63 and after that it's just 20-1 with a 2 character team, which gives me ~1 level per run.

For Olber, I can't seem to find how useful he really is. Maybe I'm using him wrong but I can't see him replacing A'misandra lamba as a healer. I'll give him a shot once I get Yukken, Jennish, and Odin to lamba 80.

I'm personally a bit underwhelmed by A'misandra's lvl 80 chain skill, it only really benefits mages who don't need to be directly pincering to have their attacks trigger and pretty much all the late game content has been very anti-mages with high mdef. Would always prefer having Olber over her in my team, due to his Evasive arts+capsules+the -50% physical damage bubbles. He also deals way more damage than A'misandra.

Here's a question for team make-up in the support area: if I have Sheena with Caper and Ritual, is there much purpose in running a Green-Staff character? I picked up Palpa (obviously) and Eileen (PoT pull) recently but I see no reason to use them since I've power level Sheena to 65 in J2. The only thing I may need to swap Eileen in for, if necessary, is her Levitate on J2.

Also I've been using Lunaken for a while but until J3 (not there yet)... he feels pretty useless (only having Mega and Giga spear) aside from being my lone Spear character. My two physicals that may benefit from his Evasive Arts J3 are already tanks (Sheena and Maralme) and Piz'fer has auto-regen and revival, so I'm thinking of dropping Lunaken when I next get a better unit to replace him with.

I've reformed my/a team and gotten pretty far on my blitz to catch up now, feeling pretty good. :p

I think you're best suited to decide how many heals you need in your party. I'm guessing you still run a dedicated healer in your party?

For the most part green characters seem rather worthless to me. I would never use Palpa, for example and would pretty much always take a damage dealer over her.

Vena

I think you're best suited to decide how many heals you need in your party. I'm guessing you still run a dedicated healer in your party?

For the most part green characters seem rather worthless to me. I would never use Palpa, for example and would pretty much always take a damage dealer over her.

Soman, ya, he's my go to (and only) healer at current. Once I get Ritual on Sheena, I'll see how she compares on throughput for healing. Sorman has been feeling more and more useless with time on non-boss enemies with AoE damage because the others either are untouchable super-tanks (Maralme against her elemental strengths or physical) or have auto-regen/revive/self-healing like Piz'fer. Once I have Ritual on Sheena I may entirely be able to drop Sorman for self-sustain and Ritual healing.

But, ya, I have never found a use for Green, and Sheena seems to make them even more useless with Caper.

I believe the healing conversion for Ritual is 0.1x (10%) of her damage, so it should be a few hundred per trigger. Which isn't quite to the level of Sorman's throughput but it should be enough on top of other characters being either beefy or self-healing. Perhaps if I can pick-up the sword-buff kid (what was his name?), it might work better. I have Parhl but I have no archers to make use of her, lol.

Finalow

That bahamut was lvl 80. He is no match for lambda mages, but it can carry another character through 20-1 in a 2 character team with a 240 k exp result, that's good enough for me.
is he? I thought some DPS chart that someone posted made clear that Bahamut lambda is one of the strongest if not the strongest mage in the game right now.

It's the difficulty level +5. So if ch 26's difficulty level is 62 then guest characters will be rounded down to 67.

And yea, I imagine 20-1 would be way more of a struggle if it wasn't as easy as just killing everything on screen with 1 turn. Getting one level per run still sounds great.
oh, I thought it was the same level as the difficulty.

one level per run isn't great at all lol, considering I spend at least 15-20 minutes for a run. Chaos 2 is much better to be honest. obviously when that is not available / welp.

Visceir

is he? I thought some DPS chart that someone posted made clear that Bahamut lambda is one of the strongest if not the strongest mage in the game right now.

I wouldn't believe any DPS chart 100% and I'm sure the chart composer took some liberties with how he counted certain skills' damage.

A lambda version of an SS mage can still cover the most range in a reliable manner, has ~40 more matk naturally and has various ways to amplify their attack power (+50% matk with capsules) & the magic bomb that deals 3x power dmg.

Bahamut lambda meanwhile has its typical magic attacks that are inferior to SS mage skills and then the meteor attack that can deal 4x 2 power damage on a 2x2 monster if you're lucky, I guess.

tldr: lambda versions of SS mages are still best.

Another random video from 20-1 with Bahamut lambda

linkent

I level Z characters to lvl 50+ via arena metal zones using metal tickets, then it takes ~1 day of MZ 5 to get them to lvl ~63 and after that it's just 20-1 with a 2 character team, which gives me ~1 level per run.

Which team do you use to 2man 20-1?
Never really try that. Possible with 90Jennish(SS) + Bahamut^ level 60?
In a dillema whether i should ^ my Jennish or Bahamut first.
Jennish is almost 100% and felt really wasteful to ^ her.
Guess i will focus leveling on my Pizfer^ first.

Visceir

Could probably do it with a lvl 70 SS mage that has high SB. With a lvl 90 lambda mage it would be super easy and you'd have to more likely "worry" about killing all enemies at the same time in one turn for highest exp (pincer right enemies and place the magic bomb where your other skills won't reach)

I've been doing it with bahamut right now since my lambda mage is maxed out.

vladisaac

Just ran one Metal Zone 6 and found out one little trick. S/L makes the Mirrors spawn in a different location which could help a bit for positioning your characters.

What a recommend level (J1/J2, mostly) for Bahamut Ultra? lol

Bahamut Ultra is tough fight. The mobs and the boss deal quite a lot of damages and are quite resistant.
You'll need a team with a dedicated strategy.
Either you manage to make several lines with Grace using her -20% Dragon Def (at Job 3 lvl 65).
Else you use a lot of Ice characters and stack Anti-Fire capsules/Fire shield. Nevertheless, you'll also need level 65+ characters.

Vena

Don't get counterattacked.

Probably 80+; Baha will still probably 1 shot most your dudes depending on rank.

Just ran one Metal Zone 6 and found out one little trick. S/L makes the Mirrors spawn in a different location which could help a bit for positioning your characters.

Bahamut Ultra is tough fight. The mobs and the boss deal quite a lot of damages and are quite resistant.
You'll need a team with a dedicated strategy.
Either you manage to make several lines with Grace using her -20% Dragon Def (at Job 3 lvl 65).
Else you use a lot of Ice characters and stack Anti-Fire capsules/Fire shield. Nevertheless, you'll also need level 65+ characters.

Screw that noise! Next time around then, lol.

Visceir

Dunno if people here are aware but I thought I might share -- The lower the chance to use the skill the higher the chance is to gain skill boost. So if you're only interested in raising SB it would be smart to switch out all those 60% - 80% skills and replace them with 30% ones. SB also triggers in multiple phases with the first one being attack/buff skills, second phase being remedy/heal skills and third phase being counter/capsule skills. Characters that have skills from 3 different phases gain SB much, much faster.

I've been having a really easy time getting Rikken's SB up.

I'm sitting on 9 Mantle Helix, been farming them just because and to deplete my stamina. It's fun to demolish the 30-8 boss with Z class mages. Kinda breaks the whole boss battle when I can kill all the minions before the boss even gets its first turn.

30-8 video

Visceir

I've got a bad feeling about no updated again this week. Think we'll get the new lambda characters+some other content by the end of next week the latest though.

TLS will be in the arena for another 19 days, that is much too long time to wait for the next big update.

Holy wow.
So after a few runs of 5-8 for Sentient Flames (and getting atm one per 2 runs), I just looted in a single run -6- flames.
No TH. Didn't know it was possible.

So yeah, Seiryu j3 get.

Falk

that puzzling face
shut uuuup all we want are bonus pulls

Dunno if people here are aware but I thought I might share -- The lower the chance to use the skill the higher the chance is to gain skill boost. So if you're only interested in raising SB it would be smart to switch out all those 60% - 80% skills and replace them with 30% ones. SB also triggers in multiple phases with the first one being attack/buff skills, second phase being remedy/heal skills and third phase being counter/capsule skills. Characters that have skills from 3 different phases gain SB much, much faster.

I've been having a really easy time getting Rikken's SB up.

I'm sitting on 9 Mantle Helix, been farming them just because and to deplete my stamina. It's fun to demolish the 30-8 boss with Z class mages. Kinda breaks the whole boss battle when I can kill all the minions before the boss even gets its first turn.

30-8 video

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the chance was 2% / <% of skill> e.g. 20% skill means 2% / 0.2 = 10%, and that if multiple skills procced, it takes a single roll of the lowest value?

Falk

that puzzling face
You know, comparing Terra Battle and RK gacha, I'd be way more likely to $$pull on RK if they had a 10-pull event with 2 guaranteed 5*s event.

(Analogous to 2 guaranteed S or higher)

Top Bottom