• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker/Hironobu Sakaguchi's Terra Battle |OT| Season 2 has been unleashed!

Vena

I remember when it was +50% Magic Attack; good times.

Still good, though, lol. The little cell heals well enough. :p Now, it just needs a Lambda version! :p

That being said, I was looking at Marilith and was wondering if I should farm/upgrade her but... who the fuck made her movepool? Its terrible. I'm not going to waste my time on her, but I think I may grind out capturing a Lich now that I on chapter 30 and almost done with the original content. Or I might chase Vajra (because I sure its going to get a Lambda eventually), I still have no one but Maralme (bless her and Wyrmtail on anything dragon, lol) for Lightning based damage.

Not going to be able to catch up to TLS before it leaves, it looks like. :/

So, since I remade my account, this is where I've ended up and on 30-2 at the moment (first screen is my current team, the other two are what I have available in general):

g8OnZ9b.jpg
E52KVeC.jpg
BvgmrZX.jpg

Do we think this is close enough to TLS even for just basic completion?

Foolworm

Still good, though, lol. The little cell heals well enough. :p Now, it just needs a Lambda version! :p

That being said, I was looking at Marilith and was wondering if I should farm/upgrade her but... who the fuck made her movepool? Its terrible. I'm not going to waste my time on her, but I think I may grind out capturing a Lich now that I on chapter 30 and almost done with the original content. Or I might chase Vajra (because I sure its going to get a Lambda eventually), I still have no one but Maralme (bless her and Wyrmtail on anything dragon, lol) for Lightning based damage.

So, since I remade my account, this is where I've ended up and on 30-2 at the moment (first screen is my current team, the other two are what I have available in general):

You don't have Bagunar? Vajra isn't going to get a recode, instead there's going to be an adventurer electric dragon archer released. It's been datamined already.

If you think Marilth has a bad movepool, wait until you see Lich.

If you really power level, you should stand a good chance of beating tls. Go Zuzu, Bahl, Sheena, Lunaken, Pizfer and Sorman.

Vena

You don't have Bagunar? Vajra isn't going to get a recode, instead there's going to be an adventurer electric dragon archery released. It's been datamined already.

If you think Marilth has a bad movepool, wait until you see Lich.

Oh right, I forgot about him. He sucks.

yami4ct

You've got a decent shot of at least getting the Calista ending. The one point of trouble I can see that you might have is your Piz'fer is pretty low SB. He's absolutely necessary for the second to last floor as you need to hit the boss' shield 8 times with elemental damage before you can damage the boss itself. Getting a big multi active on an SS mage is a godsend for doing those hits.

yami4ct

I still can't tell if people actually like this or if it is one big joke!

I like the game a lot, but it has a serious content problem. There needs to be like 2x the content and enough events to run them at least once a month if not every other week.

duckroll

Damn the Weekly Challenge criteria for Challenge #2 is pretty tough. My best time is 1:22 right now. The worst thing about level capping is forming a party which is effective at low levels. Rofl.

Just recruited Gaiga. Is she really the worst SS ? as I've read somewhere else.

I have Gaiga too, and she's really pretty awful for a SS. Her skill set makes her pretty useless in many situations. But depending on where you are in the game, it might be worth leveling her third job just to make the battle with Lich super easy. Lol.

yami4ct

Damn the Weekly Challenge criteria for Challenge #2 is pretty tough. My best time is 1:22 right now. The worst thing about level capping is forming a party which is effective at low levels. Rofl.

I have Gaiga too, and she's really pretty awful for a SS. Her skill set makes her pretty useless in many situations. But depending on where you are in the game, it might be worth leveling her third job just to make the battle with Lich super easy. Lol.

Where do you find the weekly challenge? Do you have to unlock it or something? I haven't seen any place for it.

EDIT: Ah, it's showing up in the arena now that I did a restart. Nice!

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Where do you find the weekly challenge? Do you have to unlock it or something? I haven't seen any place for it.
It's under Arena; if you don't see it, restart the app.

Edit: darn it :p

How the hell did the top person do 40 WITHOUT the 3 seconds for the video

Finalow

my best time is 1:27, meh.

I was spamming runs thinking it was free and then realized I only had 1 stam left. welp

Just recruited Gaiga. Is she really the worst SS ? as I've read somewhere else.
she could be really fucking strong in pvp for her J3 death skill. assuming that it's going to be "normal pvp" and that they don't nerf the skill.
other than that, yeah, she sucks.

How the hell did the top person do 40 WITHOUT the 3 seconds for the video
clearly hacks.

it'll be fun to see my rank going from 1000 or whatever to 200k in 6 days.

duckroll

Weekly Challenge might be a good way to see how many active players, or at least active accounts, there are for the game right now. Someone with a spare throwaway account they don't use might want to clear the challenge with the worst possible time, something like 5 minutes or something, and leave it through the week to see what the bottom looks like, lol.

yami4ct

Do you need to do something specifically to get a ranking? I've tried it several times and not got a time on there.

Edit: Looks like the ranking updates just every so often. Also, hitting the 1:10 seems next to impossible. Once the 4 get spread out on floor 2, it becomes really hard to get them all quickly.

yami4ct

My sword heavy team is super useful! Yay!

I got 1:21 on my first try with my team lol.

Non magic units seem to be the most useful. Mages to sht all on their AOEs at that low a level. Going with all melee and also ditching a healer seems like the best idea.

OMG Aero

Is the time for the weekly challenge just based on your movement time, or is it the overall time it takes you including when you're not moving?

yami4ct

Is the time for the weekly challenge just based on your movement time, or is it the overall time it takes you including when you're not moving?

Overall. It makes things a bit tricky because the boss in particular has a lot of time wasting animations.

Aexact

Overall. It makes things a bit tricky because the boss in particular has a lot of time wasting animations.
Arrrrgh, I was at like 1:10 right when I killed him and then his death animation took an extra 4 seconds. I just want the energy! *flips a table*

Also took a look at the vids of the top players that bothered to upload, looks like they're 4-manning it to reduce animation times.
With full parties of lambdas. THANKS FOR NOTHING JAPANESE PLAYERS.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Arrrrgh, I was at like 1:10 right when I killed him and then his death animation took an extra 4 seconds. I just want the energy! *flips a table*

Also took a look at the vids of the top players that bothered to upload, looks like they're 4-manning it to reduce animation times.
With full parties of lambdas. THANKS FOR NOTHING JAPANESE PLAYERS.
Haha, yeah, I was looking at a few and was like, hold on, didn't I just watch a Z mage 4 man?

AsianOni

she could be really fucking strong in pvp for her J3 death skill. assuming that it's going to be "normal pvp" and that they don't nerf the skill.
other than that, yeah, she sucks.

Thanks, I won't level her up then, just unlocking the third job. Farming XP for 2 /\ is driving me insane already.

duckroll

Managed a 1:11 with Samatha^, Bahl, Korin, and Zael. Would have gone under that if I managed to kill the boss just one pincer sooner. Got lucky with enemy movement too. Setting Zael at Job2 instead of Job3 and equipping Megaslash in the first skill slot will also allow him to trigger both Mega and Giga slash at this level cap.

If I get lucky with enemy movement again, should be able to get under 1:10 before the week is over. Lol.

AsianOni

I managed to do 1:10 with luck with a party of mix sword/mage. In the first turn, the two enemies sometimes get next to each other, allowing to kill them in 1 pincer.

OMG Aero

So when the game is levelling your characters down how does that work with other jobs and abilities?
Does it make all your jobs level 15 so you can't use any skills past there? Or does it only level your current job down so you could equip level 35+ skills from other jobs?

Visceir

How do you watch the videos? clicking the play arrow in the rankings doesn't do anything, although it seems like it should.

Heng

I got 1:15 using Bahl, Yulia, Sheena, and Ma'curi. I don't know if it's possible to get a faster time since I got lucky on my first turn by having them line up together. Do you guys think I should bring 2 more people? I find the lack of animation on 2 characters make it faster but I could easily exclude them from the chain until the final wave.

Visceir

I got 1:15 using Bahl, Yulia, Sheena, and Ma'curi. I don't know if it's possible to get a faster time since I got lucky on my first turn by having them line up together. Do you guys think I should bring 2 more people? I find the lack of animation on 2 characters make it faster but I could easily exclude them from the chain until the final wave.

Having 6 characters will probably make it much more likely for the first 2 monsters to split up.

Without lambda characters my current best was 1:12. With lambda characters I'm at 1 minute flat without the -3 sec from kamcord.

It's important to keep in mind that you can only slot 1 extra skill. Zael and Zuzu seem quite good for this stage.

Heng

Having 6 characters will probably make it much more likely for the first 2 monsters to split up.

Without lambda characters my current best was 1:12. With lambda characters I'm at 1 minute flat without the -3 sec from kamcord.

It's important to keep in mind that you can only slot 1 extra skill. Zael and Zuzu seem quite good for this stage.
Thanks for the advice. I'd figure that having more will separate the monster. The only lamba characters I have is Yukken and Zerro (A'misandra as well but I don't need a healer here). Do you think I should bring them? Zerro only has column and ring but does about 200 damage for each hit.

I don't have Zuzu nor Zael.

linkent

Tried a few rounds, definitely couldnt break the below 1min mark(with 6)
Then watched the video. Below 50 seems to require Alika^.

Then try 4hero, Bahamut^ Pfizer^ Jennish^ Sheena
Got 59s then 57s.
Didnt know that i have to upload the video for that -3s.
Will stop this week unless i am kicked out off the top5000.

Definitely do this with 4. The mob seems to move to higher level characters.
So put your top level on the first 3. And lower level on the lower spot.

Visceir

Thanks for the advice. I'd figure that having more will separate the monster. The only lamba characters I have is Yukken and Zerro (A'misandra as well but I don't need a healer here). Do you think I should bring them? Zerro only has column and ring but does about 200 damage for each hit.

I don't have Zuzu nor Zael.

Yukken and Zerro lambdas are perfect. Give Zerro the Abyss, 20% horizontal magic skill and Yukken only really needs her first lambda skill that does 2 tiles cross and perhaps teraspear.

Eventually it still comes down to getting lucky with monster placement.

Edit: Ok, perhaps Yukken might not be the best option after trying a few more times.

Heng

Yukken and Zerro lambdas are perfect. Give Zerro the Abyss, 20% horizontal magic skill and Yukken only really needs her first lambda skill that does 2 tiles cross and perhaps teraspear.

Eventually it still comes down to getting lucky with monster placement.

Edit: Ok, perhaps Yukken might not be the best option after trying a few more times.
Huh that's weird. I thought it only took her first two spell and not the first slot from her spell. First try with that and I got 1:04. I'm sure I can get it lower, I just have to get good placements on the monster. Thanks for the advice.

Visceir

You guys are really lucky being able to use Kamcord.
It doesn't work on my tablet.

Would suck if I can't stay in the 4k because of it.

Haven't really figured out how/when to start using Kamcord as it seems to be greyed out mid-battle. The 3 seconds shouldn't be crucial anyway as there seems to be big gaps between people who have lambda characters and are aware of certain strategies.

This might change once more people do it and the competition gets more fierce though.

There is a second version of the weekly event where it's all about doing the stage in as less turns as possible, in that version using kamcord gives you -2 turns so i imagine it will become much more vital to use it. I bet that version will also feature a much higher level chapter.

Finalow

it's interesting to see the various strategies and to try to get the best time possible but it's not worth spending all that time and stam just for 1 fucking energy.

they should totally give at least 3 energy for the best ranked players, especially considering that by the end of the 6 days you'll probably need a really good time to be in top 5000.
//actually 3 sucks too, make it at least 5.

Visceir

it's interesting to see the various strategies and to try to get the best time possible but it's not worth spending all that time and stam just for 1 fucking energy.

they should totally give at least 3 energy for the best ranked players, especially considering that by the end of the 6 days you'll probably need a really good time to be in top 5000.

I think the rewards are fine as it is. Instead of getting 5 energy every week you'll be able to get 7 energy now. Percentage-wise that is quite generous.

You don't need to spend a lot of stamina on the challenge, one good run is all you really need and considering it's a stage that only takes 7 stamina it's totally ok. If you can't get the needed time in 5 tries then it's probably time to take a step back and readjust your party/strategy.

At this point I don't really have much else to spend my stamina on unless I decided to start grinding SB.

Heng

Haven't really figured out how/when to start using Kamcord as it seems to be greyed out mid-battle. The 3 seconds shouldn't be crucial anyway as there seems to be big gaps between people who have lambda characters and are aware of certain strategies.
Before starting the level, click the record video above the start battle button. It took me a while to realize you have to click it before starting the level.

Finalow

I think the rewards are fine as it is. Instead of getting 5 energy every week you'll be able to get 7 energy now. Percentage-wise that is quite generous.

You don't need to spend a lot of stamina on the challenge, one good run is all you really need and considering it's a stage that only takes 7 stamina it's totally ok. If you can't get the needed time in 5 tries then it's probably time to take a step back and readjust your party/strategy.

At this point I don't really have much else to spend my stamina on unless I decided to start grinding SB.
1 ''free'' energy for reaching a good time is totally fine, just 1 for the best players I still think is too low. again, considering how fast the ranks are dropping just in the first day it's probably going to be quite hard to finish in the top 5000 or whatever they decide the top should be.

of course if you pretty much completed the game you don't have much else to do. :v anything is better than grinding SB after all.

duckroll

I recoded Lewto and leveled him to lvl19. Let's see how the Lewto^ + Samatha^ combo handles this Weekly Challenge now... once I get enough stamina to try it again. Lol.

1 ''free'' energy for reaching a good time is totally fine, just 1 for the best players I still think is too low. again, considering how fast the ranks are dropping just in the first day it's probably going to be quite hard to finish in the top 5000 or whatever they decide the top should be.

of course if you pretty much completed the game you don't have much else to do. :v anything is better than grinding SB after all.

I think it is premature to say that top 5000 is a narrow bracket. I'm not expecting the ranks to dramatically shift in the rest of the week, at least at the top say, 1000-2000 or so. We don't know how many active players there are for the game right now, and it's not like times are going to drop much further than they already are at the top.

Xetherion

I barely managed to get 1:10 with the upload bonus after a few tries once i figured out that Tiamat has 2 Tier 3 attacks at lvl 15 and put her in my party. However, even though it says Success on the challenge, I did not get a message with the 1 energy like a got message with the metal ticket and tear item. I'm pretty sure my energy total did not just go up by 1 automatically either. What gives?

AsianOni

I barely managed to get 1:10 with the upload bonus after a few tries once i figured out that Tiamat has 2 Tier 3 attacks at lvl 15 and put her in my party. However, even though it says Success on the challenge, I did not get a message with the 1 energy like a got message with the metal ticket and tear item. I'm pretty sure my energy total did not just go up by 1 automatically either. What gives?

Try restarting the game.

Visceir

My current best is 55 sec with the kamcord bonus which places me at 653.

I wonder if we'll get any new updates (new lambda characters) end this week. They will probably just delay them until july 3rd at this point...

Top Bottom