• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker/Hironobu Sakaguchi's Terra Battle |OT| Season 2 has been unleashed!

Visceir

Yea, it's something that made me skip text in the previous chapters and I think it's something they could do better if they really wanted to. I like the game and want to care for the story, but they are making it seriously difficult.

I'll be able to finish up Ch 32 in an hour or two, rather curious about 32-10 now after HawthorneKitty hype.

Does anyone know if the weekly challenge thing will be something we can do over and over again? Wouldn't make sense for them to restrict us to just doing it once weekly. I wonder how difficult it will be to chart in the top 5000.

Vena

Oof my party of 50s cannot kill the Lich before he Roulette's down my whole team lol. I will have to come back to him after some leveling.

duckroll

The new bosses and enemy gimmicks in both Ch31 and Ch32 were really good. There's a lot of effort being put towards making the fights interesting and fun (but sometimes frustrating!).

The content is just being added... so.... slowly. One chapter a month, and it takes a day or half a week at most to blow through it. At least with 31, it came during a set of events, so it lasted a little longer. Mistwalker pls... :(

They could add a boss rush with bosses scaling to lv65+ with a 15-20k/stamina ratio.
Top characters XP keep increasing and MZ6 doesn't take you far enough on the road.

Visceir

The new bosses and enemy gimmicks in both Ch31 and Ch32 were really good. There's a lot of effort being put towards making the fights interesting and fun (but sometimes frustrating!).

The content is just being added... so.... slowly. One chapter a month, and it takes a day or half a week at most to blow through it. At least with 31, it came during a set of events, so it lasted a little longer. Mistwalker pls... :(

We're still getting the weekly challenge mode on monday~ I'm rather curious how busy that will actually keep us. Could just do a single run for either mode, chart in top 5000 and be done with it, haha.

I wonder how many man-hours it takes to create one chapter compared to like creating the endless mode or something that would offer more replayablity.

Mass DNA recoding done \o/. It took some time to get all the required items (terrible drop rate).

You got the harder part ahead of you, leveling lambda characters takes ridiculous amounts of exp, if you're going to level all 4 at the same time it'll take you forever.

I also wonder how much they take into consideration all the players with maxed out characters when they are creating new content.

vladisaac

You got the harder part ahead of you, leveling lambda characters takes ridiculous amounts of exp, if you're going to level all 4 at the same time it'll take you forever.

Yeah, I know. I already have Pizfer Lambda at level 70, and it took quite some time. Now that I have 4 characters to train, it's going to keep me occupied for quite some time.

Dawg

This is the third mobile game I've started playing after One Piece & Final Fantasy :>

It seems a bit "simpler" though, or maybe that's just because I have only just started playing. Anything important I should know? /noob

Visceir

This is the third mobile game I've started playing after One Piece & Final Fantasy :>

It seems a bit "simpler" though, or maybe that's just because I have only just started playing. Anything important I should know? /noob

You can force shut down the app and it will load it back up again at the beginning of the stage. It's a way to save stamina in case you seriously mess up and are about to be wiped.

Use someone's referral code for an extra 5 energy to make another character pull and fill up your main party with actual characters not monsters. Don't use energy for anything else but character pulls.

The game gradually eases you into it, some of the upcoming enemies and bosses will have really cool mechanics.

Use metal zones to level up your characters but mostly focus on just getting through the story chapters. Clearing a chapter gets you an extra energy, increases your max stamina and fills it back up again.

You can get a lot done in 4 seconds, try to get your characters in place for multiple pincers.

They already put endless as a download starter reward; don't hope for it.

Yeah, I'm aware. Just wondering if it would have been smart to think of this sooner. Give people some end-game content and something to do at all times.

As you unlock new Metal Zone tiers, try to keep your main party up to the max level of that zone.
Schedule here on when they open. (Try to run Kings when they're up. More xp.)

I'd say save up your energy for those special event pulls, but you honestly won't make it far with the inital starting team. So keep pulling until you've got a decent all around team.

finally got 50 energy.

it took a lot of willpower NOT to spend cash or use it up. I'm still missing a prominent enemy recruitment unit.

Now to have enough willpower not to use coins till i have 2m+.

Dawg

You can force shut down the app and it will load it back up again at the beginning of the stage. It's a way to save stamina in case you seriously mess up and are about to be wiped.

Use someone's referral code for an extra 5 energy to make another character pull and fill up your main party with actual characters not monsters. Don't use energy for anything else but character pulls.

The game gradually eases you into it, some of the upcoming enemies and bosses will have really cool mechanics.

Use metal zones to level up your characters but mostly focus on just getting through the story chapters. Clearing a chapter gets you an extra energy, increases your max stamina and fills it back up again.

You can get a lot done in 4 seconds, try to get your characters in place for multiple pincers.

Yeah, I'm aware. Just wondering if it would have been smart to think of this sooner. Give people some end-game content and something to do at all times.

As you unlock new Metal Zone tiers, try to keep your main party up to the max level of that zone.
Schedule here on when they open. (Try to run Kings when they're up. More xp.)

I'd say save up your energy for those special event pulls, but you honestly won't make it far with the inital starting team. So keep pulling until you've got a decent all around team.

Thank you.

yami4ct

I just cleared The Last Story with Alternate Fate. With my current level, I don't really see a way to get the time down to Perfect fate. What's kind of the minimum level for pulling that off? The only sword units I have that are worth a damn are Yukken's second form and Bahl.

My current party is Piz'Fer (Job 3, 77), Bahl (Job 3 90), S'naip (Job 3 73), Ma'curi (Job 3 70) Amina (Job 3 61) and Yukken (Job 2, 66).

Am I gonna have to get to the point where I can recode Yukken or Pizfer to even stand a chance?

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I just cleared The Last Story with Alternate Fate. With my current level, I don't really see a way to get the time down to Perfect fate. What's kind of the minimum level for pulling that off? The only sword units I have that are worth a damn are Yukken's second form and Bahl.

My current party is Piz'Fer (Job 3, 77), Bahl (Job 3 90), S'naip (Job 3 73), Ma'curi (Job 3 70) Amina (Job 3 61) and Yukken (Job 2, 66).

Am I gonna have to get to the point where I can recode Yukken or Pizfer to even stand a chance?
Yeah, Yukken is pretty weak. Your levels are fine, but it's more important that your B% is adequate since you're using the holy trinity.

Should I just grind Skill Boost for a few days then? Bahl is at 31.3, but Snaip and Macuri are 18.1 and 12.4 respectively.

I cleared it with Bahl and Snaip at like 3.0% each. I think if you persevere you'll eventually make it. They're at around 15% now and I can clear it consistently enough.

Try get Snaip to 90 and consider swapping Amina for Calista if you think you can get her sufficient levels.

There is an element of luck involved but after enough tries you'll get a feel for the right positioning and power point usage. I was pulling my hair out over the same thing a few weeks ago. If you scroll back a few pages you can see the tips people gave me that helped a bunch.

A lot of it is luck (setting off the right move to kill in one turn instead of 3) .

one big thign that has helped me a lot with the last story is coming to terms with the fact that sometimes its better to LOSE a turn by making a quick movement and getting a more favorable position.

rather than waste 2 seconds circling an enemy for a measly pincer with 3 characters, i can make a quick .5 second movement to move a char, have the enemy move towards me or next to a higher dps char, and then 1 second to move on the 2nd turn. Overall i killed it in 1.5 seconds as opposed to wasting the full 2, and maybe even gotten better position for the next stage.

there is one stage where the # of moves matter so keep that in mind.

Finalow

Went into ch 32 without a dedicated healer by accident, everything worked out just fine, haha. I do wish I had bothered to level Ma'curi's job3 to lvl 80+ though.

That plot twist in ch32-1 :eek:

Here are the other 3 new recode characters in color:
looking great, do we know their skills yet?

Alika still best waifu but goddamn give her some good skills.

Visceir

Getting S'naip and Ma'curi to lvl 80+ or even 85+ should be fairly easy and you probably won't even need Yukken.

There are multiple perfect fate endings on youtube, go take a look at those to get a sense of how to do it and what it takes to get it done.

looking great, do we know their skills yet?

Alika still best waifu but goddamn give her some good skills.

No information on skills yet, sadly.

Finalow

really, my new Yukken Λ is taking forever to level up. she gets however some really great skills so I guess it's worth it.

I wanted to try TLS before it ends but at this point I'm not sure if I can take her to a decent level in time. I might use Grace instead.

Dawg

I've only used two of mine, so you can use it. Just as long as you aren't going to just reroll the account and eat it, haha.

wcQ2uxrucaUp

I won't! :p

Thanks, you got me this unit <3

CICJ6gJVAAAckCU.jpg:large

She's rank SS :eek:

I don't know if weekly challenges will be level capped, but I am now ready.

Bahamut &#923; 80
Leviathan &#923; 80
Odin &#923; 80
Piz'fer &#923; 90
Zerro &#923; 90
with either Gugba 90, S'naip 90 or Seiryu 90 for sixth.

If it's anti-magic, then ffffffff.

Visceir

I don't know if weekly challenges will be level capped, but I am now ready.

Bahamut &#923; 80
Leviathan &#923; 80
Odin &#923; 80
Piz'fer &#923; 90
Zerro &#923; 90
with either Gugba 90, S'naip 90 or Seiryu 90 for sixth.

If it's anti-magic, then ffffffff.

They will use levels from previous chapters and it will be level capped according to the chapter difficulty +5 levels.

I won't! :p

Thanks, you got me this unit <3

She's rank SS :eek:

Cool, shes quite good. Get her to lvl 35 for that +2 sec control time~

What was your starter character?

yami4ct

Wow. Got him on my first serious try!

I actually was sure I missed the time, so I skipped the end. Gonna have to go back and read it online. This is the most excited I've been for a Souvenir Unit in a F2P game like this. Last Story is such a personal favorite. I don't think I'll go back and grind SB on him, though. With my current team, it's far too stressful.

I really like the idea of time based rewards in a event like this, but it feels kind of half baked here. If done well, it's a fun way to reward skillful play. They really need some sort of timer showing you how much movement time you've used. I would've loved to see what my final time actually was. I really liked the dungeon overall, though. A really cool tribute to TLS.

yami4ct

He's a pretty damn good sword user when fully leveled too.
Once Ch.33 opens up with most probably mass bow monsters, going to wreck stuff with him.

Yeah. He seems pretty great. My only decent sword user is Bahl, so I'll happily level another.

I really hope they get a chance to do another TLS event someday. The other party members were really cool guest characters and I'd love to be able to add them to my team. Would be a good excuse to give Zael and Calista recodes as well.

I really hope they get a chance to do another TLS event someday. The other party members were really cool guest characters and I'd love to be able to add them to my team. Would be a good excuse to give Zael and Calista recodes as well.
A TLS comeback with Z recodes for Zael and Callista possibly.
Still... waiting... for... Matsuno... World...
Yeah, but I think PVP is going to be the big content thing for the next few weeks.

Visceir

*1 Weekly Challenge is a mode where the time for clearing a specified Quest can be challenged during the week. The first challenge will begin at [6/22/2015 (PDT)].

Still no sign of the weekly challenge, wth :(

Dawg

Which units should I use? Want to replace healer, but her chain heals are kinda nice... but she's pretty weak tho. I'm also going to assume those monsters are bad.

CIH51a5VEAAfvpM.jpg:large

Visceir

Which units should I use? Want to replace healer, but her chain heals are kinda nice... but she's pretty weak tho. I'm also going to assume those monsters are bad.

They handed out dedicated healer characters (Sorman) as a bonus for people starting out before, but I guess that event is over now. I think you should definitely have at least one healer in your party at all times, you're not meant do do pincer attacks with the healer, just keep them in the chain to have your other characters healed.

Just use the 5 characters that you've gotten from energy pulls+healer. You will get another character once you complete chapter 4 (Ba'gunar) I'd say switch out him for Eileen once you get him.

You should run Metal Zone a few times to get most of your characters close to lvl 20. Keep in mind that all characters that are lvl 20 won't gain any further exp from Metal Zone1, if they are lvl 19 then the exp from MZ will allow them to level up past lvl 20 though.

Metal Zone2 opens up after chapter 8 and allows you to level your characters to lvl 30. Eileen will be useful for that as she can put the metal runners to sleep in MZ2 -- they give a lot of exp.

Vena

I must be crazy: I started using Regenercell as my healer over Sorman (J3)...

And it works out pretty well. That AoE 20%+ Magic Attack is amazing on Piz'fer and Bahamut (and Daiana when I use her). The heal through-put into Chapter 29 is adequate with Sheena covering the rest with her Conversion Ritual. Only complaint I have is that the Regenercell is very squishy to damage.

calista is at 46.5% and zael at 9.3%. i think 50% for calista is good enough, im tired of resetting 10 times per stage and still missing the cutoff.

Visceir

Olber has become my prefered healer. I've also got A'misandra &#923;, but I don't really see the need for a character that is strictly heals only.

Olber's heals can carry me through TLS event and all the chapters. It would be ideal if Rikken got a lambda version so I could use her with Heal All, but right now as it is I always prefer having Yukken &#923; over Rikken -- for the high level stuff anyway.

It seems really odd that we haven't gotten the weekly event yet. The hints for it are in the game already, feels like someone at Mistwalker just forgot to turn it on or something.

It seems really odd that we haven't gotten the weekly event yet. The hints for it are in the game already, feels like someone at Mistwalker just forgot to turn it on or something.
Well it was announced for today, so most probably at usual daily reset time like when every other event start.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I must be crazy: I started using Regenercell as my healer over Sorman (J3)...

And it works out pretty well. That AoE 20%+ Magic Attack is amazing on Piz'fer and Bahamut (and Daiana when I use her). The heal through-put into Chapter 29 is adequate with Sheena covering the rest with her Conversion Ritual. Only complaint I have is that the Regenercell is very squishy to damage.
I remember when it was +50% Magic Attack; good times.

Visceir

Well it was announced for today, so most probably at usual daily reset time like when every other event start.

So in about an hour from now. I guess it'll still be the 22th in PDT timezone then.

Been collecting Deepwater Helixes, Blackholes and other items neccessary for DNA recode since I don't really have much else to spend stamina on currently.

Top Bottom