• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker/Hironobu Sakaguchi's Terra Battle |OT| Season 2 has been unleashed!

Xetherion

does the level cap allow u to stil use slots?

No, since the level cap is under 20 only the first slot is available. And only lvl 1 and lvl 15 skills will work, if you have a lvl 35 or higher skill in the first slot it will not be active and you're basically wasting the slot.

vladisaac

Just did 1:02 and my current rank is 1794. The "Record video" option is disabled on my phone, maybe because of storage issues...
A little tip for your team preparation: the 3rd class is not necessarily to best class to pick. For example: Zuzu in his 3rd class doesn't have any offensive skill. Picking his 2nd class is better since he comes with Thousand Ray Sword which could be quite handy.

Vena

I've used Sheena (J3 -> Giga), Maralme (J2 -> Thunder), and Zuzu (J2 -> Thousand) as my go to's with, actually, Tiamat (Absolute Zero and Tempest) as my other character for her Tier-3 magic. It works very well in getting ~1:00.

Woo 1:06 with upload.

and i majorly fucked up in the 1st turn too. I'll stay here.

and i got a mob. nice.

how often does rank update? I'm at 11,395 so far.

Aexact

Woo 1:06 with upload.

and i majorly fucked up in the 1st turn too. I'll stay here.

and i got a mob. nice.

how often does rank update? I'm at 11,395 so far.

Seems to update 17 minutes past each hour.
Geez, competition seems fierce. Thought anyone who could get the energy reward tier at 1:10 was bound to be in the top 5000 but my rank has been dropping uncomfortably quick! Six more days...

Folstern

I got under a minute and I'm not going to bother running it anymore. Some of the scores on the leaderboard are impossible if you've watched videos. I like the event though.

I think during the first few hours it started, most Z units could use every single one of their spells. Mistwalker nerfed it later though.

That's why some people got crazy time.

I managed to get the first prize without changing my current party or skills any.

I guess I have a week to work out an actual combination, but dunno if the effort is worth a one energy.

Visceir

I think during the first few hours it started, most Z units could use every single one of their spells. Mistwalker nerfed it later though.

That's why some people got crazy time.

Nah, it's not nerfed. People are just dumb and are putting the skills in the other 3 slots rather than using just the one available for lvl 17 characters.

You'd have to be able to skip the monster animations if you want to get it lower than like 35. It's also telling that all the top ones don't have a video recording, lol.

Internets

Managed to get 1:08 with Zerro, Bahl, Nakupi, Daiana. Was tapping my screen like crazy in a failed attempt make the game skip the animations lol. I think there's a bit of luck involved in my part, sometimes the enemies would position themselves in a neat group for my casters to blast them down in 1 turn, other times not.

i like this challenge thing.

it forces you to think about mundane things like skill slot placement and level requirements and even JOB proficiency.

a J3 isn't necessarily better than even a J2 or J1, a weak skill can be a boon because it opens up early etc.

very creative! i likes (im going down in rank as more people are learning the trick...im already in the 3500s from 3100 this afternoon...)

Vena

Managed to very barely scrape through The Last Story with my team and got Contrary Fate, lol.

What do I have to do to unlock Calista/Zael? Beat it super fast?

yami4ct

Managed to very barely scrape through The Last Story with my team and got Contrary Fate, lol.

What do I have to do to unlock Calista/Zael? Beat it super fast?

Doing it eating certain conditions (Like having Syrenne survive the one chapter, having Yurrik kill at lest 4 golems in the other, etc) gets you Calista. Doing that with under 50 seconds of Command Time nets you both.

Vena

Doing it eating certain conditions (Like having Syrenne survive the one chapter, having Yurrik kill at lest 4 golems in the other, etc) gets you Calista. Doing that with under 50 seconds of Command Time nets you both.

Okay... that'll be hard with my scrub team, lol. I almost got stone-walled on Floor 1, haha.

I'll get a few more levels before it ends and push for Calista at least.

Thanks for the info. :D

Also, did they just recycle all the art from Last Story, lol? I feel like all of these pictures are identical to the art work in the game.

yami4ct

Okay... that'll be hard with my scrub team, lol. I almost got stone-walled on Floor 1, haha.

I'll get a few more levels before it ends and push for Calista at least.

Thanks for the info. :D

Also, did they just recycle all the art from Last Story, lol? I feel like all of these pictures are identical to the art work in the game.

Here's a guide for the conditions. Floor 4 in 5 turns or less was the hardest for me as you effectively only have 3 turns to take out that poison unit. Other than that, it's pretty smooth sailing if you just want Calista. Getting Zael was a real bitch.

OMG Aero

Just managed to get 1:05 (with the sharing bonus). That's probably the best I'll be able to get since I don't have anyone with AOE attacks at that level so my time depends entirely on how the second wave splits up.

duckroll

My previous 1:11 was #6147 or something an hour ago. My new 1:07 time is #4530 now. Finalow was right, Top 5000 is going to be pretty competitive. Lol.

linkent

I don't know how and it's petty embarrassing as I 2 turned stage 1 due to bad rng.
I used Lewto^, Samatha^, Sheena and Suoh though.
You will need to register for a Kamcord account then go to the website and find your channel to link it.
Cant seem to share the link on Twitter alone when i try to.

lol, no way that that 25 seconds is legit.

GG MW
It is their first event, to be expected.
Unless they ignore it forever, the game will be full of cheater and leaver.
So i believe they wont ignore it.

Below 40 seems impossible.
Unless it is possible to kill boss in 1 pincer.
6 lambda/heavy hitter.
Stage 1-2 1 pincer kill due to good enemy placement.
And finishing boss in 1 pincer.

Edit:
https://www.kamcord.com/v/5D9jcPyuaVh
50s!!
Stage 2 should have -1s as i think for awhile before moving.
Stage 3 for some reason has no orb(maybe due to tiamat instead of AOE mage) after first pincer.
Should have 1 pincer -> spawn orb -> 1 pincer = boss die.

I tried 2 pincer without orb and boss didnt die.

Nah, it's not nerfed. People are just dumb and are putting the skills in the other 3 slots rather than using just the one available for lvl 17 characters.

You'd have to be able to skip the monster animations if you want to get it lower than like 35. It's also telling that all the top ones don't have a video recording, lol.
What I meant is that very early on when weekly started, all Lambda had full access to every single skills, not just first one.

Visceir

Yea, I don't think that was the case + I don't think any of the top 10 times were there back then.

It's fun to try out different combinations and strategies, but I should probably stop spending my stamina on this. I'm still slowly dropping in rank, but the current result should be enough to stay in top 5000.

I do hope MW won't tolerate cheaters as otherwise everyone will probably jump on board and using hacks will become the new standard -- much like it is with the force-close app right now to restart the stage again.

Aexact

What I meant is that very early on when weekly started, all Lambda had full access to every single skills, not just first one.

Probably not, I did the event almost as it went live and the best early scores were 50ish. These 25 second runtimes are slowly dripping in as the week goes on. Shenanigans.

Dawg

They handed out dedicated healer characters (Sorman) as a bonus for people starting out before, but I guess that event is over now. I think you should definitely have at least one healer in your party at all times, you're not meant do do pincer attacks with the healer, just keep them in the chain to have your other characters healed.

Just use the 5 characters that you've gotten from energy pulls+healer. You will get another character once you complete chapter 4 (Ba'gunar) I'd say switch out him for Eileen once you get him.

You should run Metal Zone a few times to get most of your characters close to lvl 20. Keep in mind that all characters that are lvl 20 won't gain any further exp from Metal Zone1, if they are lvl 19 then the exp from MZ will allow them to level up past lvl 20 though.

Metal Zone2 opens up after chapter 8 and allows you to level your characters to lvl 30. Eileen will be useful for that as she can put the metal runners to sleep in MZ2 -- they give a lot of exp.

So... I got Ba'gunar now.

Characters I have:

Knight (18)
Lizardfolk Hero (1)
Sheena (15)
Beastfolk Warrior (1)
Healer (18)
Burbaba (18)
Grace (20)
Korin (21)
Ma'curi (11)
Eileen (10)
Ba'gunar (1)
Warrior (6)

Should my team consist of Sheena + Burbaba + Healer + Korin + Grace + Ba'gunar?

Xetherion

Characters I have:

Knight (18)
Lizardfolk Hero (1)
Sheena (15)
Beastfolk Warrior (1)
Healer (18)
Burbaba (18)
Grace (20)
Korin (21)
Ma'curi (11)
Eileen (10)
Ba'gunar (1)
Warrior (6)

Macuri is one of the "holy trinity", the 3 best physical dps units in the game. Put him in and take out Burbaba.

Visceir

Characters I have:

Knight (18)
Lizardfolk Hero (1)
Sheena (15)
Beastfolk Warrior (1)
Healer (18)
Burbaba (18)
Grace (20)
Korin (21)
Ma'curi (11)
Eileen (10)
Ba'gunar (1)
Warrior (6)

Ma'curi is one of the highest damage dealers in game, definitely have him in your party. He gets Thousand Spears skill at lvl 35 which always deals 1000 dmg no matter what, get it asap and demolish boss monsters with it.

Sheena+Ma'curi+Korin+Grace+Healer+Ba'gunar would be my choises.

EVIL

The hell, how is this not available for my phone? Sony Xperia Z. play store says its incompatible with my device.

Dawg

Macuri is one of the "holy trinity", the 3 best physical dps units in the game. Put him in and take out Burbaba.

Ma'curi is one of the highest damage dealers in game, definitely have him in your party. He gets Thousand Spears skill at lvl 35 which always deals 1000 dmg no matter what, get it asap and demolish boss monsters with it.

Sheena+Ma'curi+Korin+Grace+Healer+Ba'gunar would be my choises.

Thanks guys :)

The hell, how is this not available for my phone? Sony Xperia Z. play store says its incompatible with my device.

I had the same thing, it's not available everywhere yet. Download the .apk file, I got it from their forums.

i dont think im going to make top 5000 by next week, already down to 4.7k rank. and i cant seem to improve my time.

anyone know how to install the game on a kindle fire? freaking amazon proprietary crap.

Visceir

i dont think im going to make top 5000 by next week, already down to 4.7k rank. and i cant seem to improve my time.

anyone know how to install the game on a kindle fire? freaking amazon proprietary crap.

Do you have any lambda characters? With a lambda mage+bahamut lambda+2 swords it should be somewhat feasible to get it done in 50 sec or so.

In other news -- seems like they have removed some of the top results with lowest being 36 sec now. My rank also moved up a couple of places.

Do you have any lambda characters? With a lambda mage+bahamut lambda+2 swords it should be somewhat feasible to get it done in 50 sec or so.

In other news -- seems like they have removed some of the top results with lowest being 36 sec now. My rank also moved up a couple of places.

yeah im back to 3.6k in ranked. i guess they took a machete to the cheaters

and no lambda. i am kinda slow and having no treasure hunter also doesnt make things any easier.

i have 56 energy. kinda wanna try my luck. i wanna save 50 for the next pull event of course, but those 6 extra im debating. 1 pull to try for a recruit/treasure hunter, or use the 6 stamina during weekend to try and finish the pof character as soon as possible as im still 2.9m short.

Aexact

yeah im back to 3.6k in ranked. i guess they took a machete to the cheaters

Yeah, the sub 39 second runs seem to have been culled when I check the top rankings.
Saw the vid of the one guy at 35 seconds, it's pretty devil may care! The account name is 39 seconds cheat and it has level 11 Sheena and 13 Daiana starting with Control Time. Everything of the player's had the Control Time buff, even the PP. The enemies had 1 HP and blew themselves up on their turn. Guess that removes all doubt!

Apparently, this specific guy is trying to make a statement about hacks, hence the audacity.

Visceir

I think you're massively overstating the importance of TH and you probably shouldn't burn those energies on coin creeps.

Save the energy and you'll be back at 50 again a week sooner.

Finalow

I think you're massively overstating the importance of TH and you probably shouldn't burn those energies on coin creeps.
yup, as it is right now TH isn't really worth it. [maybe it's ok for farming 6-8 during double drop day]

Alika Z pls save me

i have 56 energy. kinda wanna try my luck. i wanna save 50 for the next pull event of course, but those 6 extra im debating. 1 pull to try for a recruit/treasure hunter, or use the 6 stamina during weekend to try and finish the pof character as soon as possible as im still 2.9m short.

I used about 11 or 12 energy in two weekends to finish the PoF (2.6mi), but I had Yulia.
I had near 90% of B and A characters, so it wasn't wasted energy for me.

Vena

Daiana (and a little luck keeping Sheena from getting Petrified) > 6ZOO, lol.

I was getting hammered on his second form from Terra Panic because he'd petrify everything, lol. Otherwise, Sheena (J3)/Maralme (J3)/Lunaken (J3) and Piz'fer with Regenercell completely demolish his first form with Evasive Arts/Fancy Footwork/Conversion Arts.

Why must Daiana's J2 be a damn worthless bow-spec!? (Also, I've retired Neo Bahamut in favor of J3 Daiana for the time being as she's definitely doing far more damage than him with Solar Wind and her other Pincers+Chunk).

Save the energy and you'll be back at 50 again a week sooner.

I used about 11 or 12 energy in two weekends to finish the PoF (2.6mi), but I had Yulia.
I had near 90% of B and A characters, so it wasn't wasted energy for me.

yeah its not so much i'm thinking theres some godly chars in pof (aside from the SSs, and having some more 100% SB lvl 70+ isn't that bad) it's more to close a door and complete a goal.

I've been trying to setup other tablets to gift myself energy through friend thing. but for some reason the game doesnt run well if at all on them.

Top Bottom