• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker/Hironobu Sakaguchi's Terra Battle |OT| Season 2 has been unleashed!

Visceir

any idea how long 1/2 stamina is for?

EDIT: 3 days.

not bad.

also got ether on my 6th try. which means i have the means to recode either 3 of the dragons, or pzifer. the dragons i need to 80 their j1+j2 but pizfer is ready to go with full 100% and 80 all jobs...but dont know if i wanna pull the trigger and lose my most powerful unit for a long time.

what level does a recode reach lvl 90 j3 magic damage stat?

ooohh and wisp dropped, which means invincible can go to j2. should i?

Do you have metal tickets? I would have said wait with the recodes until july3 in case they open up MZ5/6 in arena too.

When I recoded mine I had it back up to lvl 60+ within an hour thanks to metal tickets and exploiting MZ in arena. After that it was just a steady grind of 20-1. Could have the character back to lvl 80 within a few days if you wanted to.

Do you have metal tickets? I would have said wait with the recodes until july3 in case they open up MZ5/6 in arena too.

When I recoded mine I had it back up to lvl 60+ within an hour thanks to metal tickets and exploiting MZ in arena. After that it was just a steady grind of 20-1. Could have the character back to lvl 80 within a few days if you wanted to.

i can use this 1/2 stamina couple of days to stock up on metal tickets. about how many will i need to max out at 60 from mz5?

Good time to get some J1 to level 85 for those last few energy achievements.

I'm just going in duo 20-1 with some A/B rank guys. Getting 3 J1 levels per run.

i can use this 1/2 stamina couple of days to stock up on metal tickets. about how many will i need to max out at 60 from mz5?
From 50-60 ?
Probably 4 tickets with some good MZ King 5 runs.
Depends if you duo it with good success.

i meant overall from 1-60, btu using 4 as a basis that means about ~32+.

given that it only takes 3 stamina to farm 6-8, not bad.

but its gonna take a hella long time.

Visceir

I just run 20-1 for what I feel to be a better use of time, since it gives me animatons and dark matter as well.

If it's about leveling new characters taking the metal ticket route is still the best way to go about it. You can get up to 500 k exp for 1 ticket when MZ5/Kings are available in arena and right now you can get a ticket for ~6 stamina. It's hard to beat that.

It also helps that you can just hoard up enough tickets and then blow them all in a short time to get your character back to lvl 60+, or even 70+

That's why I always make sure to get some during the 2x item drop days, so I'll always have some available.

Lucc

I just run 20-1 for what I feel to be a better use of time, since it gives me animatons and dark matter as well.

considering his chars are sub 70 he just turned 117 to up to an equivalent of 1026 stamina (if the event starts next week). That's pretty effective if you ask me.

I'd call that stupid lucky if that was without treasure hunters. I think that yield is above average even with 2 TH.

considering his chars are sub 70 he just turned 117 to up to an equivalent of 1026 stamina (if the event starts next week). That's pretty effective if you ask me.

I'd call that stupid lucky if that was without treasure hunters. I think that yield is above average even with 2 TH.

i was getting a lot of 2x metal tickets in a row. of course 1/3 of that was without drops, but generally i was getting a ticket every other run.

no treasure hunter.

i did think i got into a lucky streak too, at one point when i started i got tickets every run for the first 8 or so. i thought the drop rates were broken, or it had something to do with my characters being varied in levels to try and lvl their SB while i metal ticket grind.

also i had 6 tickets initially, so 21 tickets overall if you wanna get technical from 39 runs.

Lucc

I actually just got lucky myself. 8 out of 10 runs.

Need to stock up to level some recodes characters. Ppl saying it's painful were not kidding. Really hope there is gonna be a Metal King event.

what scares me is the possibility that i recode pzifer and the guaranteed z character event comes by and i wasted all them mats for nothing :c

what scares me is the possibility that i recode pzifer and the guaranteed z character event comes by and i wasted all them mats for nothing :c
That's a call only you can make.

If you pull out Piz'fer Z from PoT, he's at 0% SB, but you keep your Piz'fer SS.

If you recode now, you get max SB%, and you empty it out of the Z pool which allows you to pull other Z units.
Unfortunately, that SS Piz'fer is back up for grabs.

Personally, I'd rather have a recoded 100% Z and have more chance of pulling someone else.

That's a call only you can make.

If you pull out Piz'fer Z from PoT, he's at 0% SB, but you keep your Piz'fer SS.

If you recode now, you get max SB%, and you empty it out of the Z pool which allows you to pull other Z units.
Unfortunately, that SS Piz'fer is back up for grabs.

Personally, I'd rather have a recoded 100% Z and have more chance of pulling someone else.

dats true.

EDIT: F it im pulling the gun, i wanna be one of the cool kids with Z characters.

EDIT 2:

i dont understand the 1st skill for Z mages. its a squares?

EDIT3:

shit people were not kidding, 4 metal tickets just to go from 1-20

EDIT4:

Ok lvl 50, good time to stop using metal tickets till event of MKZ 5/6.

15 tickets left. 12 used. did a couple of mk4 king in real world out of desperation with some exp boosts, got 790k exp

Vena

How many heroes don't turn into robots by J3? I'm crafting my team out of as many non-robot people (and Dragons!) as possible. :p

So far outside of the event heroes, I have Piz'fer, Sheena, Maralme, Daiana, and (I think) Lunaken. Everyone else has become a robot, lol.

Also SB is such a recursive mechanic... So annoying for low SB but downright automatic by 50%.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
dats true.

EDIT: F it im pulling the gun, i wanna be one of the cool kids with Z characters.

EDIT 2:

i dont understand the 1st skill for Z mages. its a squares?

EDIT3:

shit people were not kidding, 4 metal tickets just to go from 1-20
It's the pincer target(s) + a perimeter 2 spaces away; very useful as it hits enemies that a column and row attack can't.

duckroll

How many heroes don't turn into robots by J3? I'm crafting my team out of as many non-robot people (and Dragons!) as possible. :p

So far outside of the event heroes, I have Piz'fer, Sheena, Maralme, Daiana, and (I think) Lunaken. Everyone else has become a robot, lol.

Also SB is such a recursive mechanic... So annoying for low SB but downright automatic by 50%.

Sounds like you want Jaguna in that party! :)

:)

:D

:(

Vena

Sounds like you want Jaguna in that party! :)

:)

:D

:(

well somebody got jaguna to 85 so...

there's always somebody for everyone.

My Jaguna is 90/90/90 100%.

I laughed when in this week's Speedrun Top 50, there was a person that just threw Jaguna in for the hell of it and never chained her.

So is she that bad? I have never pulled her. Not on this account and not on the previous, either. All I know is I dislike her art.

I think I was more surprised that I got two NEW characters in a row, let alone two apparently powerful characters, given my current pool.

duckroll

So it doesn't look like there'll be a patch today, and they haven't really given any indication of releasing one tomorrow either. I guess we won't be getting the new Z recodes in time for the stream? :(

Visceir

I've had little to no use for the 2x stamina event.

So it doesn't look like there'll be a patch today, and they haven't really given any indication of releasing one tomorrow either. I guess we won't be getting the new Z recodes in time for the stream? :(

Yeah, it seems so.

Or they have become aware of dataminers spoiling everything and are delaying things to last minute.

Perhaps next tuesday~

Finalow

Wow, my last two pulls were Gugba and S'naip.
109090-fuck-you-man-gif-imgur-true-de-kUxo.gif

Still hoping for later today, since patches have been on thursday nights most of the time.

Vena

So, is there an actual tiering within the Tiers themselves (B-Z) of the heroes in terms of experience gain, or is Calista a very strange S-Class? She levels slower than Lunaken/Zuzu at the same level in the same Jobs. I thought I was just not paying attention but after some tests she's creeping behind in levels while they are already finishing of 65-level skills in J3. (I may have also noticed similar between Piz'fer and Sheena.)

Or maybe I am going crazy.

Also, been trying to crunch some numbers, but some of the changes on how elemental attacks (rather than elemental spells) are now calculated have made some PBAoE characters very, very potent when used adjecent to bosses or multi-triggers for their elemental attacks. Gigojago does some serious damage for a B-tier with the new calculations. (But O'pari still sucks. Why is he designed so completely asynchronously to what looks like the mirror copy, elemental switched B-tier adventurer companion? They even share a combination conversation.)

Do any S/ZZ tier heroes have PBAoE? They all seem to be AoE. (Obviously they are still better, as while they have access to less attacks, they have absurd MA levels.)

Falk

that puzzling face
Today I realized that I've been farming 20-1 wrong with Jennish L at max level/SB (Well, 82%). It's so much faster to position him and one unit (full roster of 6 for maximum XP soak) to clear everything out in one move per wave by making full use of the guaranteed bomb each turn.

With Ring/Corners/3xCol/3xRow/Area, virtually everything hit by two or more of those will die, and it's easy to position bombs to finish off the rest.

tl;dr Falk is bad at mages, becomes less bad, potentially will bitch less about farming in future.

Xetherion

Also, been trying to crunch some numbers, but some of the changes on how elemental attacks (rather than elemental spells) are now calculated have made some PBAoE characters very, very potent when used adjecent to bosses or multi-triggers for their elemental attacks. Gigojago does some serious damage for a B-tier with the new calculations. (But O'pari still sucks. Why is he designed so completely asynchronously to what looks like the mirror copy, elemental switched B-tier adventurer companion? They even share a combination conversation.)

Would you elaborate? I have Gigojago but I only use him when I want AF capsules. The amount of extra physical damage added seemed rather small to me, so what am I missing?

Lucc

Would you elaborate? I have Gigojago but I only use him when I want AF capsules. The amount of extra physical damage added seemed rather small to me, so what am I missing?

Tier 1 skills: x1 Elemental damage + x0.5 Physical damage
Tier 2 skills: x2 Elemental damage + x0.7 Physical damage
Tier 3 skills: x3 Elemental damage + x0.9 Physical damage

Gigojago also has 5 offensive skill so it adds up. He is a pretty Strong for a b-class

you can see the current DPS Rankings here. It's in French but the figures are pretty self explanatory.

Today I realized that I've been farming 20-1 wrong with Jennish L at max level/SB (Well, 82%). It's so much faster to position him and one unit (full roster of 6 for maximum XP soak) to clear everything out in one move per wave by making full use of the guaranteed bomb each turn.

With Ring/Corners/3xCol/3xRow/Area, virtually everything hit by two or more of those will die, and it's easy to position bombs to finish off the rest.

tl;dr Falk is bad at mages, becomes less bad, potentially will bitch less about farming in future.

can you film this? im having trouble picturing it

Top Bottom