• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker/Hironobu Sakaguchi's Terra Battle |OT| Season 2 has been unleashed!

ugg... I must've done something wrong with new daily.
Just went in and annihilated everything with my Z guys, but got nothing.

I skimmed the tips page too fast. o_O

duckroll

The tips page said something about aid arriving if things go bad. I wonder if we were supposed to let them attack the characters and kill some of the party instead? Weird condition if true.

duckroll

In the first wave, one of them went "I'm still alive!" or something like that, after nearly getting killed. Unfortunately he was killed immediately after that for real from magic attacks tied to another pincer. RIP!

No dialogue triggers in the second wave, but the third wave had one who went "Ouch!" after surviving an attack, and then it went "Ouch!" again during his turn before moving.

Falk

that puzzling face
can you film this? im having trouble picturing it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ipbvf0rF1co

I ran out of time! Actually that might be a cool self-imposed Weekly Challenge - do 20-1 in 5 minutes. I probably could if I dropped to 3 people and didn't get distracted at the start.

Also quite a few unnecessary bomb juggles in this one. Power Token means everything dies in a single AOE coverage, not double, so I can technically forgo positioning bombs and use a power token instead for some waves.

Vena

Heh.

These new balances put Gigojago above Daiana by a good margin, unless I am mixing up my calculations. Also Zenzoze got a huge buff from my calculations.

Ranking as of so far (done on calculations of defense = 1):
Piz'fer [SS] = 2.91
Zenzoze = 2.761
Bahamut = 2.6749
O'pari = 2.401 (No AoE, all damage is single-target)
Gigojago = 2.27777
Sheena [SS] = 2.1299 (obviously, she's support so she's not going to trade blows with Piz'fer)
Daiana [A] = 2.063

Mantle Chunk and the lack of a fifth spell really kills Daiana's damage potential. If Mantle Chunk was 2.5x or 3x, it'd be better but it's only 1.5x and its also PBAoE Cross-limited.

Note that I am doing this only with characters I care about (ie. have) or use!

Edit:

Poor Maralme, lol.
Maralme [A] J2 = 1.65
Maralme [A] J3 = 1.60

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Poll results

MCseTnz.png

code: aPJhGtF3TRcayZXE

duckroll

Managed to get the 2 Ethers I needed for Bahamut and Leviathan already. Yay.

The Nico Stream was kinda boring this time round. They confirmed the skills for the 4 new Z-class recodes, they showed them in a Ch33 battle too. PVP is coming sometime this month. It'll be league based, and you get rewards for advancing in the league (energy and tickets). PVP also uses a stamina bar of its own, different from the normal stamina bar. There'll also be a new event battle coming up with the Jade Dragon (datamined A-class character which can be recruited). The interesting thing about the teaser banner is that it also indicates how many times it has been defeated. Not sure why they would find that noteworthy to indicate though.

Still no firm updates on the Matsuno and Sakaguchi Boss Battle events. But they also showed off the Hiso Alien goods they're going to release at the end of this month. They're pretty cute plushies. The Hiso one also has a voice thingy that goes "hiso~" when you press on the stomach.

Vena

I wanted to do some pulls with stocked up energy...

So I pulled Ma'curi... And then Parhl (this is the fifth time), Zenzoze, and Ba'gunar... lol. Had all three of them already.

yami4ct

Was that the poll for Figures? That seems like a pretty good mix of stuff. I wouldn't mind a Piz'Fer figure or one of Bahl's final job. Also glad to hear about the new event. The game desperately needs more event content so they can at least run an event once a month, if not every other week.

Still no Amina Z, though. My bet on leveling her sure is taking a while to pay off.

Visceir

Seems like Gegonago Λ will be able to move through objects/enemies and pull allies through them too. Rejin Λ will probably have a Gravity column skill and circle of carnage(+30%(?) dmg), Alika Λ supposedly has some 2tiles bind skill(?) and Puprope will have a counter skill vs darkness magic similar to the mirrors in MZ6, I think.

Did they say when the lambdas will be released? Hope it'll be tonight along with the metal zones.

The Giftcode from the stream is
aPJhGtF3TRcayZXE

1 energy and 2 exp boost.

No 10 pulls2gold event. I got 99 energy saved up, but I might be ok with no getting the event, I think. I can just continue SB-ing my current golds and reduce the chances of pulling dupes when the event comes around again.

duckroll

Did they say when the lambdas will be released?

I believe everything they teased or showed on the stream will be coming "soon". They didn't give any definitive date. I wouldn't expect any of it until next week earliest. Maybe even in two weeks time. Remember, they need to get a patch out. :(

I believe everything they teased or showed on the stream will be coming "soon". They didn't give any definitive date. I wouldn't expect any of it until next week earliest. Maybe even in two weeks time. Remember, they need to get a patch out. :(
Tonight. Believe.

Nah, probably next week.
Isn't there another Nico stream very soon ?

Visceir

Would seem slightly odd to give us those metal zones without actually giving us an event or incentive to pull new characters to level.

Since the skills and characters are done there's no real reason to withhold, other than perhaps "oh god if stuff breaks we wont have people there during the weekend"

Guess we'll find out in an hour.

Edit: I wasn't around, did they actually show what the VS mode is like or did they just show the menu?

duckroll

Edit: I wasn't around, did they actually show what the VS mode is like or did they just show the menu?

Unfortunately they didn't show any gameplay, just the menu with the league info. We can tell quite a bit about the overall structure of the PVP mode from it, but not how the actual PVP combat works. Frustrating.

duckroll

If anyone is interested in the PVP interface translation, here are some details we can tell from what they showed:

- The header says Ranking Match, so this is the front menu for ranked matches in PVP.

- The stamina bar is green in color and says "Versus Stamina", so we know that the stamina bars for the normal game and PVP are split. Probably a good idea to get people to even bother with the mode long term.

- The sub-header says "5th Dragon King Cup" (it'll probably be Bahamut Cup in English or whatever). So ranked statistics in PVP are probably seasonal, with each Cup lasting a period of time.

- Then we have the statistics: League C, Ranking --, Points: 0, Win Ratio: 0. So players start in a bottom league and as they gain points from winning matches they get promoted.

- The reward section states the player needs another 1000 points to advance to the next league, and you get 2 Energy and 2 Metal Tickets when you succeed at that.

- The buttons below are Profile, Ranking, Info, and Friend Match. Friend Match is probably the non-competitive PVP mode which isn't ranked.

yami4ct

If anyone is interested in the PVP interface translation, here are some details we can tell from what they showed:

- The header says Ranking Match, so this is the front menu for ranked matches in PVP.

- The stamina bar is green in color and says "Versus Stamina", so we know that the stamina bars for the normal game and PVP are split. Probably a good idea to get people to even bother with the mode long term.

- The sub-header says "5th Dragon King Cup" (it'll probably be Bahamut Cup in English or whatever). So ranked statistics in PVP are probably seasonal, with each Cup lasting a period of time.

- Then we have the statistics: League C, Ranking --, Points: 0, Win Ratio: 0. So players start in a bottom league and as they gain points from winning matches they get promoted.

- The reward section states the player needs another 1000 points to advance to the next league, and you get 2 Energy and 2 Metal Tickets when you succeed at that.

- The buttons below are Profile, Ranking, Info, and Friend Match. Friend Match is probably the non-competitive PVP mode which isn't ranked.

All this info is interesting, but what does PVP actually entail? Do two squads face off and each get a turn to pincer each other or something? If it was like that, the player with the first turn would have a huge advantage.

duckroll

All this info is interesting, but what does PVP actually entail? Do two squads face off and each get a turn to pincer each other or something? If it was like that, the player with the first turn would have a huge advantage.

That's the thing. We don't know and they just keep saying that it's been testing/debugging for months. >_<

yami4ct

That's the thing. We don't know and they just keep saying that it's been testing/debugging for months. >_<

The only thing that would make sense to me would be some sort of thing like the weekly challenge where both teams face off against the same group of enemies and the lowest command time wins. If they did a traditional PVP, the first mover would win 99% of the time at high levels.

OMG Aero

There's a new event where you get a metal ticket for every PoT pull, I guess this means we're not getting the 10x pull event this time?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ipbvf0rF1co

I ran out of time! Actually that might be a cool self-imposed Weekly Challenge - do 20-1 in 5 minutes. I probably could if I dropped to 3 people and didn't get distracted at the start.

Also quite a few unnecessary bomb juggles in this one. Power Token means everything dies in a single AOE coverage, not double, so I can technically forgo positioning bombs and use a power token instead for some waves.

haha awesome.

duckroll

The only thing that would make sense to me would be some sort of thing like the weekly challenge where both teams face off against the same group of enemies and the lowest command time wins. If they did a traditional PVP, the first mover would win 99% of the time at high levels.

I don't think that would be satisfying at all though. Based on the promise they made and what the interface suggests, it clearly has to be actual combat between players. As for how they can balance it, it might be across multiple rounds so both players can have first move advantage once?

Vena

I don't think that would be satisfying at all though. Based on the promise they made and what the interface suggests, it clearly has to be actual combat between players. As for how they can balance it, it might be across multiple rounds so both players can have first move advantage once?

I'm thinking along the lines of two-round, first-turn swaps. The rest will be like a flashy game of Go.

duckroll

Was sitting on 95 Energy. Got an itch. Did a single roll. Harold dupe, but with a +, so he got a 7.5% SB. The levels didn't really do anything because he was already lvl90. No longer have an itch. Will continue sitting on Energy from now on. :p

yami4ct

But if first mover advantage pretty much always means wins, how do you break ties in a fair way? PVP in a game like this is going to be extremely difficult to balance around. I think there's a reason PAD dropped their PVP idea, even though their's was a much simpler thing. They just made the opponent's team normal AI controlled monsters.

IM THIS CLOSE TO PULLING THE TRIGGER MAN!

THIS CLOSE!

I'm so glad I have a good monster of each weapon, a good healer, a neg-pro monster and a Z-Mage. Makes it way easier to resist pulling outside of 10-pull events.

OMG Aero

I said fuck it and used all my energy.
Got one S/SS/Z character and it was one of the three I already had.
I regret my decision.

used 5 energy to scratch that itch.

for R'Zonand. a dupe. he was my 3rd pull from the game ever. he's still lvl 2.

i pretty much scratched a crater into my enthusiasm.

meow

Thanks to y'all, I no longer have an itch. I didn't pull during the last event and now I'm sitting on 115 energy.

wait, actually, I pulled during the PoT+ event. It was not worth it.

Visceir

Yeah, far too high of a risk to get trash for me to do yolo pulls and doing a single pull seems like the worst idea ever. Wish they would add an extra option of doing 5 pulls together, atleast then I'd feel like I'd have a certain chance of getting a gold.

They'll be adding new characters too, so the longer I wait the more decent characters there should be for me to pull. 2.3 mil Yosuke Kozaki characters should have cool art~

Top Bottom