• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker/Hironobu Sakaguchi's Terra Battle |OT| Season 2 has been unleashed!

Falk

that puzzling face
Still wishing that Mistwalker would reveal Matsuno's scenario with a "Oh by the way Yoshida contributed some character designs. We forgot to tell you?!" bombshell.

It wouldn't surprise me if PVP was the main reason they're taking so long on other stuff.

CO-OP and PVP were probably the top incoming features post-release they had to focus on getting out.

With those out of the way, I'm thinking more basic content stuff (especially milestones) will pop-up faster.

duckroll

I'm not really convinced that Co-Op and PVP are major contributors to holding back other content. Maybe early in the design stages, but the delay for PVP in particular seems to be prolonged debug and testing. They've been able to push out other things while that's been in progress. They also got a second programmer to exclusively work on the online side of the game - both Co-Op and PVP implementation, so the main staff do seem to be focused on "basic content" additions. They're just taking a long time because it's a small team and they don't want to rush stuff and mess up. As it is, they already run into problems like achievements taking the server and putting new characters in the wrong pools and having to issue refunds. Lol.

Remember that while there were 30 full chapters at the launch of the game, they had been working on the game for like... I think 2 years by then. Sakaguchi wanted a game which was "complete" and had an ending before launching.

Vena

Heh, what are the odds.

I wanted to pull again for a ticket for some reason and I got just who I wanted (for those who remember I had been hoping to pull him). I'm rather happy at the moment, lol. Time to power-level Korin!

WB2ReC3.jpg

Now I'm only missing the spear-kid.

Vena

Grats. Pretty awesome to get exactly what you want.

I got my Rikken last time, but I still really want The Invincible.

Now Puprope Λ is taking the lead once she comes out. (dat art!)

I hope the trio-kids get ^ eventually, as they are rather cool character concepts and are great for rounding out teams.

duckroll

Congrats! I got all 3 of the stonefolk kids too, and I think it's really worth it. Having a character to throw in for a frequency boost on all of that weapon type can be helpful if you're deciding to run certain battles with a full crew of those weapons but they're not characters you've used much at all. :)

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I hope the trio-kids get ^ eventually, as they are rather cool character concepts and are great for rounding out teams.
At one point I was thinking this too, but I think recoding should stick to gold tickets unless it's a monster, just so gold will always mean excitement even if you get a Palpa.

Vena

At one point I was thinking this too, but I think recoding should stick to gold tickets unless it's a monster, just so gold will always mean excitement even if you get a Palpa.

I don't think it'd be bad to give more lower-class characters some promotions. I really like the idea with Marilith and Lich, its gives you something to work towards from in-game promotions/evolutions without needing energy (for example).

Giving some of the B/A-tier heroes promotions to S/SS/Z would be a nice way to get some of the more useless characters into a decent state, or give some really useful utility classes some "greater value". Mind, I can't think of too many characters that I think would actually suit this paradigm outside of the kids (have them grow up, they got Puprope to grow up, got to get the other kids up) or Maralme/Velraine (have them reach the ultimate form of their evolution).

Bahl, S'naip, M'acuri, and a lot of the other glass cannons or solid B/As don't really need changes (and they'd lose their "glass cannon" nature if they had better stat spreads) and they fit their niche extremely well for what they are, effectively, built to do. So they wouldn't need any changes.

And of course there are the really bad adventurers... who need a complete rework to be of any worth.

i dont understand stonefolk anatomy.

why do the adventurers have humanoid faces, yet the B level ones have flat faces with no seemingly visible way for subsistence..

how do they move around when some of them have their legs fuse into a cone thing..

duckroll

I just imagine that Stonefolk are like living rock mecha, so they're solid forms which have transformation abilities when they need to move or adjust to situations. That seems to explain most of the designs.

Finalow

HawthorneKitty

After grinding Zael, I finally realized how clutch his rally can be when it allows a Z mage to be chained again.

Vena

I think I wasted close to 100 stam on farming Sea Tears from Sabertooth for Korin, lol. I got Savertooth up to 50% from 0% in the time it took to get 2 Tears.

I think I wasted close to 100 stam on farming Sea Tears from Sabertooth for Korin, lol. I got Savertooth up to 50% from 0% in the time it took to get 2 Tears.
Not really worth it outside of item drop days.
Check out which days here.

Like tomorrow (if you set timer ahead a day), you can grind Sea Tears more easily in 4-3.

Finalow

no idea who to grind anymore with mzk5/6, I might just save those 60 tickets for when I get other/better characters to level up.
if only they released those new lambdas together with this event.

Vena

I used it to level Korin J1/J2 to 70+, and getting Zenzoze up to the 70s in J3 since, if my calculations are correct, he's gotten some serious buffs from the recent change to elemental attacks.

Now I have to grind their SBs up to relatively decent levels.

Sheena and Piz'fer are both now 90 (J3), with SBs in the 70%+ lol. I should probably start working on recoding Piz'fer.

Used the MZ event to get all the "useless" golds to lvl 65 -- Pupru, Djugan, Amina and Gatz job1.
Pupru is god. His recode wil be glorious.

Probably best way to spend spare tickets.
I got all my S/SS guys mostly prepped for inevitable recodes.

Sheena and Piz'fer are both now 90 (J3), with SBs in the 70%+ lol. I should probably start working on recoding Piz'fer.
You get a bonus 40% SB from recode if both material monsters are at 100%.
So you can keep Piz'fer at ~60% if you are going to recode.

Vena

You get a bonus 40% SB from recode if both material monsters are at 100%.
So you can keep Piz'fer at ~60% if you are going to recode.

Hard to keep him down when he and Sheena are basically my two strongest units and get used for everything, lol. Especially for farming 20-1 or progressing through Chapter 31 which has been a total cockblock for a while now, though I think I finally have a suitable bow team (bless you Parhl, and pulling you 5 times so that my other unused archers have decent Skill Activation... make lemonade and all that) to get through the maps. I was stuck on Antlion for the longest time.

I only have two SS and they get all the use. :p

to be honest I got Korin and Zenzoze a long time ago but I never found any good reason to level them up.

Well unless my math is bad somewhere, Zenzoze is now a very high damage dealer, of my entire roster he's only second to Piz'fer, I put some scaled numbers here. I have been needing Korin for the longest time since my go-to team has been almost entirely sword users just out of luck of the draw for all of my good units (which is why 31-1 was such a crash for me), so he helps really boost my defense and attack power.

Sheena, Zuzu, and Maralme were some of my earliest pulls and with Piz'fer and now Calista, my entire team is swords swords and more swords.

Finalow

uh, I have no darkness damage dealer besides him so I guess I could use him if needed.

not sure how good it's a sword team unless you do stuff like Artemis. for pvp you'll probably need to mix things up

duckroll

Zenzoze kinda blows in my roster. I had him since very early in the game, and he was kinda helpful in the middle and end parts of the story campaign because he had tons of attacks, but he's been totally outpaced since then by actual good characters. For spear characters I have Samatha and Odin rekting shit, in terms of pure damage output there's Bahl and Harold, for mages I have Lewto, Pupropu, Bahamut, Leviathan, etc.

To be fair, he was pretty handy for a B class character, but yeah... err. The only times I use him anymore are when I want a full spear party or when I need shadow attacks.

Vena

Zenzoze kinda blows in my roster. I had him since very early in the game, and he was kinda helpful in the middle and end parts of the story campaign because he had tons of attacks, but he's been totally outpaced since then by actual good characters. For spear characters I have Samatha and Odin rekting shit, in terms of pure damage output there's Bahl and Harold, for mages I have Lewto, Pupropu, Bahamut, Leviathan, etc.

To be fair, he was pretty handy for a B class character, but yeah... err. The only times I use him anymore are when I want a full spear party or when I need shadow attacks.

Oh, don't get me wrong. I don't think he's THAT good (or, really, much more than decent), I think the recent buffs have just made him a solid damage dealer (along with Gigojago but the way Zenzoze's skills are set-up he deals a lot more damage than Gigojago). That, however, doesn't mean he's actually all that great because his overall stats are subpar at best, his skills are all damage oriented and few have any AoE so he's single-focused, and he has no real good utility/survival skills to the benefit of the team other than his Capsules. (Worse, still, his J2 65 is totally useless against meaningful enemies.)

He is, however, for me the only Darkness character I even have, lol.

uh, I have no darkness damage dealer besides him so I guess I could use him if needed.

not sure how good it's a sword team unless you do stuff like Artemis. for pvp you'll probably need to mix things up

People will fear my sword team! No one would expect it!

HawthorneKitty

This Metal Zone has been very kind; splurged all my tickets and managed to get all my characters to 70/70/70; I'm really feeling the fatigue now since I had been doing 20-1 grinds to get Baha and Levia^ to 80 and now that I have, running it is not as mindless, discouraging me from doing it with other characters without AoEs. :(

Oh, don't get me wrong. I don't think he's THAT good (or, really, much more than decent), I think the recent buffs have just made him a solid damage dealer (along with Gigojago but the way Zenzoze's skills are set-up he deals a lot more damage than Gigojago). That, however, doesn't mean he's actually all that great because his overall stats are subpar at best, his skills are all damage oriented and few have any AoE so he's single-focused, and he has no real good utility/survival skills to the benefit of the team other than his Capsules. (Worse, still, his J2 65 is totally useless against meaningful enemies.)

He is, however, for me the only Darkness character I even have, lol.

People will fear my sword team! No one would expect it!

i believe that's the case for a LOT of people

Just a thought, but any chance TB could have a Final Fantasy collab event ?
I wonder if SE would even let them have it. (if Sakaguchi is interested)
Woe is me for not farming Sentient Flames a few days ago.
This Thursday, 5-8 will have bonus item day if you can wait.

Vena

Just a thought, but any chance TB could have a Final Fantasy collab event ?
I wonder if SE would even let them have it. (if Sakaguchi is interested)

I doubt it.

I was surprised that they got Nintendo in on the deal with The Last Story collaboration.

I was looking at Marilith^, aren't her stats rather high for an S-adventurer? She's got a better stat spread than a lot of SS-class physical adventurers, which was surprising. I had only ever looked at her questionable movepool, never quite realizing her attack and defense were sky-high.

She might be a decent archer, all said and done.

Ehh... I don't think my team can beat this weekly for the energy at 2:10, I don't have the AoE for it. :/

duckroll

1 energy from Sweet Temptation, 1 energy from ranking within 5000 in last week's challenge, 1 energy from getting 1:59 in this week's challenge so far. Sitting on 99 energy now! :D

Aexact

Damn. Weekly Challenge is a dark element level.
My one weakness.

Do I really have to rely on Ba'gunar ? :O
Screw Ba'gunar, he can enjoy the bench. The +5 level cap is enough for anyone to manage oneshotting the enemies and since the level cap is uh... 38, he's only got two legal attacks at that level.

Enemies seem pretty spread out so cross attacks like Leviathan, Odin, and Bahamut seem good for catching stragglers.

Visceir

Damn. Weekly Challenge is a dark element level.
My one weakness.

Do I really have to rely on Ba'gunar ? :O

SS mage, either of Odin/Levi/Baha (lambda?) and a couple of spear units (Suoh, Ma'curi?) is all you really need.

This week's WC is rather easy.

I got 1:22, a top 5000 spot should be ensured with that time.

Definitely no new events/lambdas until atleast friday, I guess? :(

this weeks challenge was somehow more difficult than last weeks. i didnt meet top 5000. heck i didnt even get the 1 energy time.

but then again i didnt try as hard, using my energy to try to get piz L to lvl 80

Vena

this weeks challenge was somehow more difficult than last weeks. i didnt meet top 5000. heck i didnt even get the 1 energy time.

but then again i didnt try as hard, using my energy to try to get piz L to lvl 80

I had no chance at the energy time last week. This week seems like it will be bad as well. :(

Vena

Rounded off Chapter 32 finally, and I really like where the story is going now. A lot of cool new encounter mechanics in that whole chapter, too.

Can't wait for 33!

I'm going to set Piz'fer ^ and Marilith ^ as my goals for now, I want to really test out the latter in practice and see if her high-stats translate well into damage/condi spam for possible PvP application or general team usage.

Top Bottom