• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker/Hironobu Sakaguchi's Terra Battle |OT| Season 2 has been unleashed!

Falk

that puzzling face
A lot of cool new encounter mechanics in that whole chapter, too.

What, you mean you didn't like the very captivating writing prior?

HEHEHEHEHE, YOU MAY HAVE BEATEN THOSE BUT NO WAY WILL YOU BEAT THESE

HEHEHEHE THEY WILL DIE

HEHEHEHEHE WHY SHOULD I TELL YOU WHAT I'M DOING

HEHEHE

punctuated by "How much further does this go down!?!?". Yeah you and me babe, we askin the same questions

Vena

What, you mean you didn't like the very captivating writing prior?

I felt like the majority of the... chapters from 5 to the late 20s were really dull.

But I enjoyed everything when the King came in and from there on, even if he was really predictable as a character with the arch of a brick.

That said... I am never going to get Maralith without a NegPro am I... X_X (Nevermind, got her... Only took all 103 stamina lol, and on the last possible run too.)

kiyoaki

I finally cleared out the coin pact! Now I feel empty inside.

Up next is item farming. I need lots of helixes and lustrous tails for DNA recoding. Today is item drop bonus day, but not for the stages I need.

I finally cleared out the coin pact! Now I feel empty inside.

Up next is item farming. I need lots of helixes and lustrous tails for DNA recoding. Today is item drop bonus day, but not for the stages I need.

tell me, where u as annoyed with the plethora of lizardmen/stonefolk/beastfolk/human as i am?

kiyoaki

tell me, where u as annoyed with the plethora of lizardmen/stonefolk/beastfolk/human as i am?
The C-rank palette swaps were hell, yes. But on the last two weekends it actually got kind of fun, since I pulled all three SS characters and Seiryu before clearing out all of the C monsters, so I could level them up a bit and unlock their new jobs in between coin pulls.

I don't think I'll ever have real use for any of them, except for Seiryu. I really like his gravity skill.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
The C-rank palette swaps were hell, yes. But on the last two weekends it actually got kind of fun, since I pulled all three SS characters and Seiryu before clearing out all of the C monsters, so I could level them up a bit and unlock their new jobs in between coin pulls.

I don't think I'll ever have real use for any of them, except for Seiryu. I really like his gravity skill.
Suoh is an awesome unit with low level cap stages since he gets his 1.2x attack early on.

Visceir

Supposedly there's another stream with Sakaguchi this friday, but it's focusing on the 2.1 mil spin-off novel that they created, so probably unlikely that we'll get some actual game info.

Could you give me a good translation of Alika's lvl 80 skill, Duckroll?
FYoXudI.jpg

Heard it's something that prevents enemy movement.

Sorry about the poor quality of the pic, it's at 27:50 in the actual niconico stream if you rewatch it again.

duckroll

This Friday's livestream is a stream of the actual fan talk event with Sakaguchi and the Terra Battle writer. It's for promoting the novel, but Sakaguchi will also be talking about the story and concept design of the game. I wouldn't expect much from it in terms of game stuff. They've also set it such that it can't be timeshifted on nico. Boo!

That image for Alika^ is really, really bad. Can't read anything from it. But I found some Japanese sources where they could read from the higher resolution premium stream. The skill is Binding (Area 2) 100%, and the description says something like "Cuts enemy's movement range per turn by half for 3 turns." Sounds like a shitty Gravity to me.

Falk

that puzzling face
Alika herself went from moderately creepy to downright batshit insane Frankenstein-levels of wtfery.

edit: Hahahaha first attempt, was pseudo-sweating because I thought I wasn't going to make it (didn't turn on recording)

Visceir

We don't know her backstory yet, there could be a valid explaination why there's a dude trapped in a crystal behind her~

If the skill itself isn't a status effect and works on everything then there might be some use for it...or just use it in pvp or something, I guess.

Falk

that puzzling face
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaaxiytMlz0

Ugh, I've been trying to cut 20-1 to below 5:00. I'm actually not sure if I can at this point. The only thing I can think of is dropping to 3 units, removing all abilities from the other non-Jennish units, and then praying to RNGesus for good bomb/power token positioning. Hard when there's 20 waves to bring down the standard deviation. I guess I could also try removing Tempest, Pincer Area (1) to reduce casting time, but I'm not sure if I can kill the elite waves in 1 salvo without it.

kiyoaki

Alika herself went from moderately creepy to downright batshit insane Frankenstein-levels of wtfery.

edit: Hahahaha first attempt, was pseudo-sweating because I thought I wasn't going to make it (didn't turn on recording)
I got the time down to 1:38 on my third try. It probably won't go much lower than that without another Z class mage, so I hope that'll be enough for the top 5000.

Also, what's up with #1 in the leaderboards (user name "00000" at 0:43)? Another case of cheating?

Aexact

Even her cape is dual colored.

... Hold up, she's holding a sword in that art. Her class icon in that blurry image is a sword. She's a sword now?!
TOTAL DOWNGRADE, but seriously why. I guess because they had a deficiency of sword class lambdas? But Reijin had that covered.

edit: So I noticed that almost all the top videos were using Koko^ and I thought, huh, is she that much more common to have then Samatha^? Then I found out, the shadow boss (just the boss) in the WC is not weak to lightning! It's weak to fire!

Mistwalker!!! You're breaking your own internal rules!

Vena

I need to go roll a lottery ticket today:

Need Black Hole -> 19-5, one run. Done.

Need Deepwater Helix x4 -> 26-5, four runs. Done.

Need to raise the SB of Vajra and Starwhip -> Pull some PoF x 10 -> Vajra x2, Starwhip x1, and some palette swaps.

Maybe I should use some energy and pull some PoT, from the looks of it I will draw Jesus.

Vena

4 Helix in a row without special item day ?

You are a liar. Good day sir.

Don't be jelly!

Edit: How does the promotion math work is it 1/5 the base monsters and carry over of the original? Now that I have everything, I want to know if its worth it to farm out Vajra and Starwhips (or maybe even Maralith) before promoting or if it is okay to stick to just promoting her now (after I get her to 80) and grinding SB the usual way with 1-5?

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Don't be jelly!

Edit: How does the promotion math work is it 1/5 the base monsters and carry over of the original? Now that I have everything, I want to know if its worth it to farm out Vajra and Starwhips (or maybe even Maralith) before promoting or if it is okay to stick to just promoting her now (after I get her to 80) and grinding SB the usual way with 1-5?
It's 1/5 of the recode materials added to all of the recoded unit.

Vena

It's 1/5 of the recode materials added to all of the recoded unit.

Thanks! I guess I might try to farm some starwhips or Vajras (and I guess Marilith) whenever their x2 days come around. Marilith (monster) is really annoying to try to SB with 1-5, she only has 2 activated abilities. :/

Once I get her to 80, I think I'll re-encode her with whatever I have by then, though, and just do the rest with general use.

Falk

that puzzling face
The bombs were garbage for a short while when they were simply 1 AOE, then they got buffed to the current star shape.

duckroll

This week's challenge seems much more competitive. Last week after I got a 1:51 time or something, I never looked back and was safely in the Top2000 or 3000 (can't remember) by the end. This week I got a 1:59 time and was out of the Top5000 in no time. Got a 1:39 and was just barely in the Top5000 earlier. Will be interesting to see where my new time of 1:34 gets me. With a specific strategy I'm practicing, I should still be able to shave off time on that if needed.

Visceir

This week's challenge is definitely very Jennish-friendly.

I like.

It's actually very Bahamut friendly. Its skills seem to be enough to clear most stages and with Tiamat and an area(1) character you can pretty much 1 hit KO the boss.

Most people should have the neccessary units to do well in this WC.

meow

1:19 on the weekly challenge and I hope that's good enough to stay in top 5000 because I spent probably close to 200 stamina total learning the level and figuring out positioning and then actually running it.

Soulflarz

Banned
Wait when did s2 come out

Am I going to be dragged back into this?

well, assuming nothing has changed, I'm just going to blame kitty :3

Edit: My team is way too weak for S2 ;-;

Wait when did s2 come out

Am I going to be dragged back into this?

well, assuming nothing has changed, I'm just going to blame kitty :3

Edit: My team is way too weak for S2 ;-;
Although chapter release is slow paced, S2 is pretty cool so far.

Enjoy it slowly. :O

Now i'm bored, so here's some Grace I found while hoping we get an update tonight.

duckroll

Did about 10 runs on 30-8 during the bonus item day so far, WITH Treasure Hunter. Only got 3 Mantle Helixes from all that. Up to 7 Helixes, need 3 more. Why is the drop rate so bad?! :(

Falk

that puzzling face
Holy shit, by name would be ace.

Or, you know, a box you can type a name or the first few letters thereof into.

Xetherion

Dark Matter
Dark Matter
Dark Matter
Dark Matter
Dark Matter
Dark Matter
Dark Matter

*uninstalls game and eats phone*

T_T

You could try farming 31-10 on Monday. Base drop rate there is 20% instead of 18% and Monday is the bonus drop rate day for that chapter.

duckroll

You could try farming 31-10 on Monday. Base drop rate there is 20% instead of 18% and Monday is the bonus drop rate day for that chapter.

I only need ONE more Mantle Helix, so I think I'll farm that last one on Monday, yeah.

I went ahead and recoded Bahamut first, going to do a bunch of leveling for him tomorrow, mix of leveling and coin creeps on Sunday, and then I'll get that last Helix on Monday and recode Leviathan. It'll just be leveling and more leveling next week and beyond until they decide to drop a new patch! *cough*

kiyoaki

I too farmed Mantle Helixes all day, and after some frustration I got the three I needed. Now I just need an Ether, and I can recode Bahamut. Then five Deepwater Helixes and Odin, and then I'm done until the next patch.

Top Bottom