• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker/Hironobu Sakaguchi's Terra Battle |OT| Season 2 has been unleashed!

Daffydd

Neo Member
I got 53 seconds (including sharing bonus) using Piz'fer^, Jennish^, Bahamut^ and Odin^; only good enough for rank 554 now (it was rank 83 last night). Comparable results are probably achievable without any SS^ units - just Baha^, Odin^, Levi^ (for their column and cross(all) attacks) and a strong melee fourth. All four SS^ mages are probably required to reduce the final boss pincer from a double pincer action to a single pincer action, which is what you're seeing in the top 50.

Aexact

Have a 1:14 time for this week's new challenge. Feeling pretty good about it. Also tried Metal Zone 6 for the first time today after hearing all the horror stories. It's.... really not that bad at all. Good exp distro, lots more enemies, and the mirrors only have a 3 column retaliate, which can be avoided with good placement unless you're super unlucky. Haven't tried the King yet. I guess the rebalance they did after the initial complaints worked out well. 38 stamina is also way better than the 45 stamina or whatever it originally cost.

Yeah, I remember running MZ6 before the patch. The mirrors would one-shot most of my units (and they were level 60ish characters so they should've had some survivability!) and the EXP was consistently less then MZ5, like 300K.

Like, you're not supposed to be careless enough to activate the mirrors anyway but the formations don't always work out so nicely if you're trying to kill as much as possible. Especially since my MZ carry is Bahamut^.

The videos for the new WC are freaky. Top 50 almost all have all 4 Z mages yikes. Bahamut^ and Levi^'s column attack together or one of their cross attacks is enough to take out the regular enemies though so yeah, two strong melee characters to take out the spear boss seems the way to go.

Vena

I have 2 z mages but those mofos take like 5 mz just to go up 3 levels

I can't quite figure out why Marilith (monster) levels so slowly. Piz'fer is out-pacing her on his way to 80 for Recode. Its near 100k exp (and growing) for her levels after the early 70s, that's crazy for her rank.

Koko is going to out-level her too at this rate.

Aexact

I can't quite figure out why Marilith (monster) levels so slowly. Piz'fer is out-pacing her on his way to 80 for Recode. Its near 100k exp (and growing) for her levels after the early 70s, that's crazy for her rank.

Koko is going to out-level her too at this rate.

Really? The B monster?

Maybe it's because monsters only have one job while adventurers have the EXP split among 3 jobs?

Aexact

Mmm same idea.
Though I remember Marilith gaining levels really quickly when I was prepping to recode Koko. EXP per level must be gaining pretty dramatically if she's losing to SS ranks.

Vena

Mmm same idea.
Though I remember Marilith gaining levels really quickly when I was prepping to recode Koko. EXP per level must be gaining pretty dramatically if she's losing to SS ranks.

Her early levels were fast, no problem there. But to put some numbers to this Piz'fer J2 at 79 seems like he needs about 80-90k to level, Marilith at 75 needs ~70k to level (just looking at them right now).

(Now that I look at it, I guess I overshot how much she needed without paying attention but it still feels high.)

Visceir

Did 2 runs of weekly challenge, the second run was 50 seconds. I think it'll be good enough and I won't be dropping any more stamina on it.

Guess we'll find out in an hour if we'll get the new patch or not.

Vena

Did 2 runs of weekly challenge, the second run was 50 seconds. I think it'll be good enough and I won't be dropping any more stamina on it.

Guess we'll find out in an hour if we'll get the new patch or not.

Neva.

Edit:

Welp. That's one goal down, now I need Fleas, lol. I really like her art.

8EJ27pR.png

duckroll

Weekly Challenge Record: 0:58

Leveling Progress
Lewto^: Lvl75
Bahamut^: Lvl67
Leviathan^: Lvl60
Odin^: Lvl67

Mistwalker... give new content... pls....

Falk

that puzzling face
No seriously, a new grind level that's not 20-1 would be amazing.

(yeh there's MZ6, but MZ6 doesn't give credits augafasudguadsjfjasajdfjsdagsdfksa)

Visceir

Quite a few big patches have been released on wednesday, so I guess there's still hope we'll get something tonight.

I still got a few days of SB grinding ahead of me to finish up my golds, should be done by weekend though. Currently highest in the party are 82 - 83% and lowest 69 - 72%

(yeh there's MZ6, but MZ6 doesn't give credits augafasudguadsjfjasajdfjsdagsdfksa)
Other than having an easy mode MZ 7 (which I doubt), there's nothing that could potentially replace 20-1.

Other than having an easy mode MZ 7 (which I doubt), there's nothing that could potentially replace 20-1.

i agree with this. 20-1 will probably be the most efficient stamina-to-exp ratio just due to the mechanics of the stage.

a lot of enemies, easy setups for 1 hit kos, relatively low hp monsters, no crazy enemy mechanics that disregard weapon class or magic type, the enemies aren't too strong that your trainee will die in one pincer and you can bypass having a healer with a z mage. its long, but with a good Z mage it can pass by in 5-7 minutes.

introducing another multi-stage chapter will probably require a 30+ chapter. and by then you would need a heftier party setup that would just bring down the exp amount. not to mention the survivability is greatly reduced. and stamina cost would be extreme.

Falk

that puzzling face
its long, but with a good Z mage it can pass by in 5-7 minutes.

Speaking of, I still can't breach 5:00. The closest I've come is a second pincer on the boss pushing it to maybe ~5:05. (Usually one pincer is enough)

Gotten really good at speedrunning 20-1 though. I don't see a point for 23-4 for me anymore at least.

duckroll

The Google Play patch notes:

WHAT'S NEW

- Skill display corrected for Rejin.
- Added new features and adjustments. *1
- Fixed minor bugs.
<About Skill display correction for Rejin>
- Rejin's Job 3 Skill has been corrected from Megasword 1 Row to Gigasword 1 Row. The power and area of effect have not changed.
*1. Not all features will be available immediately after the app update. The exact timing will be announced in a later notice.

I guess they'll be unlocking content tomorrow, and maybe next week if there's a stream. No details on those yet. Where are the dataminers... :)

Visceir

Credit goes to Tharos from terrabattleforums as always

link

Datamined changes quick preview / main points
The following information is datamined and may contain errors. None of this is official.

Chapter 33 is coming
Apirath (32-10 boss) changes: can be captures and Orichalcum drop rate reduced
New dungeon Hunting the Jade Dragon: use it to capture Jade Dragon (new character) and its job materials.
4 new recodes Rejin &#923;, Alika &#923;, Gegonago &#923; and Pupropé &#923;
Risin Eidolon and co-op ready
"Buddy" system in progress, but not completed. Not a friend list, but likely to be the "new RPG system" announced a few weeks ago

Also added the items/monsters needed for the new lambdas. Thankfully I've already got the needed Helixes and other items.

Skills/stats information here

Visceir

We might get some bonus energy when the new patch gets activated. Think I spent 10 bucks when I initially started playing, makes sense to support the game a little if I've been enjoying it this much.

duckroll

Lol, the "buddy system" really is an equip system! Yay! Apparently there are already ~90 different types of equipment coded in so far.

kiyoaki

This sounds like a completist's nightmare.

I wonder if characters will be able to use some of the already existing items as equipment (e.g. the heartwood weapons)?

Visceir

Seems like the new dragon arena dungeon will be similar to TLS and have certain conditions you need to meet to get the mats for his job2 and job3.

Not really interested in the character at all, so the dungeon will probably be really low in my priorities list.

I welcome the new "buddy system", its been something I've been wanting in a game for a while now. With that and pvp in the game there should be plenty of things to do. I doubt we'll see the Endless dungeon before christmas time.

Think I'll be able to 100% all my golds except Pupru by the end of tomorrow. I'm sure the 2x gold pulls event will last until sunday, might be difficult to hold out on pulling instantly though, haha.

Falk

that puzzling face
Buddy/Equip is a sorely needed stopgap/solution. Instead of the torpid pace of adding to the end of the content line (with little branches outwards in the form of events), another game system makes the entire existing column of content a little wider.

Vena

I don't even want this Pull bonus. I like my team already (nerf Z mages!) and I don't need more faces to spend my time on grinding.

Xetherion

TIL Zael's Rally can cause your units to be hit by friendly fire.

So i've been grinding 6-8 for metal tickets, and recently put Zael in J3 on my team, so my team is Czekras, Leviathan, Zael, and Gigojago. On battle 4 of the stage i set up 2 pincers, the first one with Leviathan and Gigojago on the right and the second with Czekras and Zael on the left. During the first pincer activated by Leviathan and Gigojago, Czekras' Ice Blade Area 1 skill activates and kills the enemy below him, then Zael's Rally pulls him into the now vacant spot. When the pincer with Czekras and Zael activates next, Czekras takes damage from all the skills hitting that square where the enemy used to be and dies.

Funny, but if this happened on a difficult mission I would be pissed. It sucks that Rally is in Zael's J3, so we're stuck using his J2 if we want to avoid it.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
TIL Zael's Rally can cause your units to be hit by friendly fire.

So i've been grinding 6-8 for metal tickets, and recently put Zael in J3 on my team, so my team is Czekras, Leviathan, Zael, and Gigojago. On battle 4 of the stage i set up 2 pincers, the first one with Leviathan and Gigojago on the right and the second with Czekras and Zael on the left. During the first pincer activated by Leviathan and Gigojago, Czekras' Ice Blade Area 1 skill activates and kills the enemy below him, then Zael's Rally pulls him into the now vacant spot. When the pincer with Czekras and Zael activates next, Czekras takes damage from all the skills hitting that square where the enemy used to be and dies.

Funny, but if this happened on a difficult mission I would be pissed. It sucks that Rally is in Zael's J3, so we're stuck using his J2 if we want to avoid it.
Didn't they fix this?

yami4ct

Did a 10 pull. New stuff was Gegonago, Bonna, Ka'pori, Korin, Metupi and Velraine.

Excited to get some new sword units. Don't know how good the A class stuff is going to be because I don't know enough about non S, SS, or Z guys. Already have the holy trinity, so more weapons guys are really only for specialized teams. Gegonago seems interesting due to his recode. Mot sure I can get excited about another S mage like Bona given I already have Piz'Fer who I just recoded to Z.

Vena

:(

Koko (already had... as of a week ago?)

:(

Piz'fer (now at 100%... what a waste)

Booo! Back to leveling Marilith^.

Top Bottom