• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker/Hironobu Sakaguchi's Terra Battle |OT| Season 2 has been unleashed!

Jagernaut

It took a while to save up 50 energy and I got 8 dupes out of 10 pulls. The only gold characters I got were Zerro SS and Samatha SS both of which I had just recently recoded to Z form (my only Z units). The new characters were Samupi and Sorman. Disappointing.

Falk

that puzzling face
It took a while to save up 50 energy and I got 8 dupes out of 10 pulls. The only gold characters I got were Zerro SS and Samatha SS both of which I had just recently recoded to Z form (my only Z units). The new characters were Samupi and Sorman. Disappointing.

One can never have enough Samatha.

ok guys, im jumping in wish me luck!

EDIT:

hold on isnt there supposed to be a small alien saying there's a pull event?

Yes. Restart to be safe. Check version

etc etc etc

One can never have enough Samatha.

Yes. Restart to be safe. Check version

etc etc etc

phew, glad i didn't make the pull:

HERE WE GO! HOLD ON TO YOUR BUTTS

EDIT:

Pahrl *dupe
Burbaba *dupe
Kem *NEW
O'pari *dupe
Ma'Curi *dupe
Sorman *dupe
Daiana *dupe
GigoJago *dupe
Gegonago *NEW
Koko SS *NEW

Pro Neg/Treasure Hunter whar
Cw4VgRZ.png

Baliis

Ma'curi dupe
Burbaba dupe
Jaguna dupe
Nakupi NEW
O'pari dupe
Bahl dupe
U'nasag dupe
A'merpact dupe
Puprope Λ NEW
Bonna NEW

My first Λ character! And I'm like 5 levels from recoding my Zerro. Weekly challenges here I come

Visceir

I got a whole day of SBing ahead of me before I can start doing my 10x pulls. Might actually do it twice this time around...or pull once and save the rest of the energy for future.

Recoded Gegonago, will hold up on recoding Alika until later, I think.

Falk

that puzzling face
Recoding Alika requires a Marilith

Recoding Jecht requires a Lich

I've recoded neither Marilith nor Lich and they're still waiting on their own Recode monsters to hit 100% SB because coin farming

this game lol

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Recoding Alika requires a Marilith

Recoding Jecht requires a Lich

I've recoded neither Marilith nor Lich and they're still waiting on their own Recode monsters to hit 100% SB because coin farming

this game lol
Are you crying?

OMG Aero

Paid £14.98 to get me up to 50 energy and I got:
Harold
Jaguna
Sorman (Already had)
Daiana
O'Pari
Nakupí
Nakupí
CE5Gktt.gif

Zerro
Velraine
Samantha /\
Qq1LyTM.gif

Money well spent.

duckroll

Just did a 10 pull......

The only SS I got was.... a Gaiga dupe.... with a +.... TEN levels... and like 12% SB.............................................

Also got a Jaguna dupe (YES!!!!! Lololol!).

Dupes for Nakupi, Kapori, Kana, and Maralme (yay I guess?).

BUT.... out of the non-dupes I got....

Puprope!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zeera!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And Lunaken and O'pari (don't even know who they are....).

Not a great pull, but at least I got a character I can recode, and a money bags character who can also cure petrify. I'm pretty close to have a range of characters to cover every angle. Just need a good poison character now.

Well crap.
Saw 2 gold pages flying, and got both Zerro and Piz'fer, which I've recently recoded.
No Jennish or Lewto. Game is trolling me.

On the plus side, I now have the 2 strongest ice mages, and same with dark.
Puprope Λ NEW
You won the game.
I hate you.

Vena

So, what are the odds that the Buddy System introduces stuff for PvP to greatly nerf the efficiency of Z/SS mages indirectly? Like tons of "take less damage from non-direct sources" types of items? (And then have monsters in the later chapters start equipping them :p).

Visceir

So, what are the odds that the Buddy System introduces stuff for PvP to greatly nerf the efficiency of Z/SS mages indirectly? Like tons of "take less damage from non-direct sources" types of items? (And then have monsters in the later chapters start equipping them :p).

Monsters in later chapters already have high mdef though and I'm sure there will be items that boost mdef.

We know close to nothing about pvp at this point or how it will be balanced. Only thing I've heard is that characters will have much higher HP, but I'm not even sure in that information, haha.

Meanwhile I just spent some energy~ ...to restore my stamina so I could SB more :(

I'll be able to finish up my characters before the 10x pull event ends for sure though.

meow

Did a 50 energy pull!

Jaguna
O'pari
Zan (dupe)
O'pari
Ma'curi (yay)
Manmer (dupe)
Amazora (dupe)
Kuscah (dupe)
Djugan
Zafitte (dupe)

That's crap but at least happy w/ Ma'curi. I still have 79 energy so I might do another 50...

duckroll

Got itchy. Did another 10 pull. Left with 7 energy now.

Results:

U'nasag (dupe)
Kana (dupe)
Zan (dupe)
Sorman (dupe)
R'zonand
A'merpact (dupe)
Maralme (dupe)
Ma'curi (dupe)
Gaiga (dupe, WHY?!)
Zerro

The only positives here was that Ma'curi got some free SB even though I haven't used him at all yet, and I got Zerro, which means I can waste the next couple of months leveling her and then recoding her along with Puprope. This also means I have all the elements covered.

Fire - Lewto^, Bahamut^
Ice - Leviathan^, A'merpact, U'nasag
Thunder - Samatha^, Pupropu
Shadow - Zerro (eventually ^), Puprope (eventually ^), Gaiga (......)

Still, pulling dupes of Gaiga twice today is a pretty shitty experience! :/

Vena

I don't know what the hell is up with the game constantly giving me Pahrl.

I did a regular pull for shits and giggles since I'd blown everything else on the 10-pull, and I got Pahrl yet again. That's the sixth time I've pulled her.

I got Pupropu and a Gugba dupe, all my As were dupes.

I'm kind of cool with Pupropu, I've been needing a good lightning character.

I guess it's the long wait to save up for another one, by the time I pull a Negotiator, I'll have coined my way to monster completion.

Visceir

I guess it's the long wait to save up for another one, by the time I pull a Negotiator, I'll have coined my way to monster completion.

That's how it went for me. Pulled both of the twins after I had finished up PoF.

Pupru needs 7% more to be 100%, after that I can do the 10x pulls with no fears of getting gold dupes (just really bad ones like Amimari and A'misandra again)

Avoided saying Gaiga to not pour any more salt in Duckroll's wounds

AsianOni

Did a 10 pull...

Burbaba (dupe+)
Sh'berdan (dupe)
Kem (dupe)
Kana (new)
Sh'berdan (dupe wtf)
Piz'fer (new+!)
Pahrl (new+)
Eileen (new)
Bajanna (new)
Nakupi (dupe)

Well... that could have been better but I'm happy with this pull.

I just started playing this and was reading up on rerolls. I know it's recommended to recruit a SS character after the tutorial but I recruited a Z Lewto. Do I need to reroll?

AsianOni

I just started playing this and was reading up on rerolls. I know it's recommended to recruit a SS character after the tutorial but I recruited a Z Lewto. Do I need to reroll?

That's a keeper for me, though I don't know much about Lewto's abilities.
Z class is above SS.

HawthorneKitty

That's the best you can do; well except Yukkun Z class, but keep it, grats. The recommendation is outdated as it didn't include Z class.

Vena

Sheesh, absolutely no luck on Mantle Helixes for Piz'fer recoding.

Deepwater was super-luck mode to farm out in a few runs even without double-day, but I can't get a single Mantle one right now after multiple runs.

That's a keeper for me, though I don't know much about Lewto's abilities.
Z class is above SS.

Awesome, thanks!

That's the best you can do; well except Yukkun Z class, but keep it, grats. The recommendation is outdated as it didn't include Z class.

Thanks.

Z mage on first roll...
:O

Can you spare some of that luck ?

I usually have terrible luck so I don't know how I managed to get a good recruit.

Visceir

Yeah, a Z mage is probably best you can do. It'll take a lot of exp to level it compared to all your other characters though and I mean A LOT.

Pupru is 4% away from 100% SB, I'll be able to pull then. I guess there's still the chance I pull a new gold and then instantly pull a dupe of that same gold :eek:

Oh well, we'll see...it has been a serious test of patience to not do the 10x pulls and SB Pupru instead, haha.

Qmzn

Neo Member
I had 20 energy, was bored, figured what the heck, I'd pull outside of the event bonus. Got 3 dupes, including Jaguna, then Samatha SS.

Felt like trying to play the game a little after that minor victory, so I tried the first chapter after the last boss (31, I think), and barely scraped out a win on the first stage. Took forever to grind down that boss's HP, making it feel like I was doing something wrong. Now there's these daily quests, and speed runs, and I'm really not sure what I'm supposed to be doing here.

In SS, I have Jennish (at 101% Boost, thanks to some weird bug), Czekras, Koko, Amina, Gaiga, Suoh, all with their third jobs unlocked. Shouldn't take me long to get Samatha there, too. I have Bahamut and Leviathan, and Bahl and Ma'curi, as well--thought I heard they were good, because of the physical boost?

Can someone who's really into this game give me some advice on a general direction to proceed? I'm still somewhat baffled by this recode stuff. Do I want to recode Jennish, Koko, Samatha, Bahamut and Leviathan, only some of them, or none at all? It looks like it's going to take months to get all the materials to do it. Is it a complete waste of time without Treasure Hunter/Negotiator Pro for farming?

Lucc

Can someone who's really into this game give me some advice on a general direction to proceed? I'm still somewhat baffled by this recode stuff. Do I want to recode Jennish, Koko, Samatha, Bahamut and Leviathan, only some of them, or none at all? It looks like it's going to take months to get all the materials to do it. Is it a complete waste of time without Treasure Hunter/Negotiator Pro for farming?

Gratz on Samatha. She and Koko recoded (Lambda version) have the highest damage in a pincer right now. The +4 Sec move timer helps a ton, too.

You'll definitely want to at least recode Samatha then Koko and then Jennish eventually. Those characters are immensely useful in areas with Level lock because they can equip any talent from their old jobs.

First you need to bring all your characters up to 80/80/80 anyways. That'll take some time (well, Samatha at least ;P).

Check up on the Double Drop days for Deepwater/Mantle Helix, White Hole and Ether while you level them. I'd farm the items on those days. It'll save you a lot of frustration.

After that you can work on Levi and Baha if you still want. Your team is pretty neat as it is though.

Btw, make sure that Ma'curi procs last on double pincers. That way the physical boosts bonus procs 2 times and he just wrecks anything in his way.

Qmzn

Neo Member
Those characters are immensely useful in areas with Level lock because they can equip any talent from their old jobs.

Oh, that would be nice. I got a bit frustrated with the speedrun, trying to find characters that had attack skills at sub-30 levels.

First you need to bring all your characters up to 80/80/80 anyways. That'll take some time (well, Samatha at least ;P).

So, do I just use Metal Zones for that? Or is there a better way?

Check up on the Double Drop days for Deepwater/Mantle Helix, White Hole and Ether while you level them.

Thanks, that makes sense.

Btw, make sure that Ma'curi procs last on double pincers. That way the physical boosts bonus procs 2 times and he just wrecks anything in his way.

Procs last? I think I see what you're saying, that he's not a direct attacker in the first pincer attack? That means the unit I'm moving should probably initiate the first pincer, I assume.

HawthorneKitty

Urg, I really want to pull, but that's less chances if Kozaki gets a recruitable character... it's been a while since new units from guests.

Visceir

At the rate we've been getting updates I wouldn't expect any new characters until september. Mistwalker seems extra slow during summer.

Metals Zones to 70, then repeat 20-1 until eyes bleed.

Many seem to be doing Chaos2 to level, it's similar to 20-1 exp, but requires you to have someone who will carry you through it (With characters like Jennish, Samatha, Pupropu and so on). Usually takes about 2 minutes to do it.

I just recently pulled Manmer and Burbaba.

Thoughts?

Bad and bad.

Pupru just 0.5% away from 100%!

Visceir

Did two 10x pulls.

Characters I got:
Gegonago (again, since I recoded old one to /\)
Jennish
Zerro
Samatha
Lunaken

And one new silver:
Kana

Rather satisfied with the new SS mages and Samatha.

Now I wish I had farmed more Metal Tickets.

meow

Did another 10

Nakupi (dupe)
Zuzu
Amimari
Sha'plar
Kem (dupe)
Samupi (dupe)
Amazora (dupe)
Zan (dupe)
Jaguna (dupe)
Ra'prow (dupe)

Amimari sucks, right? Do Zuzu and Shaplar also suck?

Top Bottom