• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker/Hironobu Sakaguchi's Terra Battle |OT| Season 2 has been unleashed!

Vena

Damage considerations in mind, after looking through the B-class roster and playing around with numbers, I think Amazora might be the most potent (damage wise) of the B's that isn't one of the super glass cannon monsters like Bahl.

Amazora has more damage than even Zenzoze, who I had until recently thought was the highest outside of the aforementioned special glass roster. I don't know why she has the type of stats that she does, high for a B, but it is what it is. She's better than a lot of A's for damage considerations as well, but her skills are overall rather lackluster when compared to S/SS class characters, obviously.

Sorry... was bored.
I like her art.

Edit: Oh no, nevermind, its U'nasag
I don't like his art
. I completely missed him somehow. If the enemy has high-mdef, then its Amazoraas she has the (much) higher attack stat for that purpose.

Zuzu is awesome; other 2 are meh.

Lunaken is better!
I like his art.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Welp, I pulled since I was running out of things to do as Alika ^ was the only thing I had left with the small update. My two golds were Zafitte and Rikken, both new. A little sad that I didn't get any mages, but at least I finally got Yukken's sibling and can now run Lamia whenever I want.

Visceir

Zuzu is my most favorite character in game skill wise. At low level caps he is probably the highest damage dealer thanks to his 1000 swords and other low level damage skills, at high levels he is one of the highest damage dealers and Evasive Arts is probably one of the best skills in game. Use him in his job2 rather than job3 though.

I've got plenty things to do now, haha. Finished up getting the weapons and opening up all jobs for Samatha, Zerro, Jennish and Gegonago.

Need to get Gego, Samatha to lvl 65+ on all jobs and get Zerro, Jennish and Lunaken the neccessary levels they need. Then probably SB Zerro and Jennish to 60%, then get them to lvl 80+...then get all the recode items.

Haven't even really bothered to level Gegonago /\ or Alika /\ yet *_*

Cromat

If I start playing this am I advised to reroll until I get something good? Is there a guide somewhere telling you what's good?

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
If I start playing this am I advised to reroll until I get something good? Is there a guide somewhere telling you what's good?
If you can stomach it, always, especially as the game is getting more competitive. Generally you'll want to aim for an SS or above, but I'm unsure how long the reroll process is nowadays.

Visceir

I imagine rerolling to get something really good could take up to 5+ hours. Maybe just play the game for an hour or two, make your way to chapter 4 or 5 and see if you even like the game.

You could start your rerolling quest after that and abuse the referral system to get an extra 5 energy for another pull (using your original account's referral code).

If I had to start over again I'd probably reroll until I'd get one of those:
any of the 4 Z mages (Piz'fer, Zerro, Jennish, Lewto) -> any of the 4 SS mages -> Rikken/Yukken/Gugba

meow

Oops I did it again.

Pahrl
A'merpact (dupe)
Bahl (dupe)
Jaguna (dupe, wth I've gotten her in every single 10 pull)
A'merpact+ (dupe again)
Ma'curi+ (dupe but more than happy to take that 7.3% increase to sb)
Ra'prow (dupe)
Ma'curi (dupe but again, happy for sb)
Gegonago recode
A'misandra (dupe)

so Pahrl is the Kem/Korin bow equivalent and the only recode character I have looks pure support. I guess I should not be lazy and actually recode the characters myself instead of trying to pull them haha!

Visceir

Gegonago /\ stealth skill is one of those unique skills that could entirely change the way you approach the game and battles. I'm sure it'll be fun to play around with.

I've yet to pull a rainbow unit from PoT.

yami4ct

The difference between not having a Z mage in a Weekly and having one is insane. Prior to recoding Piz, I couldn't even reach the free energy reward. Now I got 9 seconds past it and that was with screwing up a lot. It's almost unfair.

Vena

The difference between not having a Z mage in a Weekly and having one is insane. Prior to recoding Piz, I couldn't even reach the free energy reward. Now I got 9 seconds past it and that was with screwing up a lot. It's almost unfair.

Nerf the mages!
Is my campaign. But, hey, it gives people something of an "end goal" and the dragons are a good, free alternative when recoded... if they'd happen more frequently than the Ice Ages.

yami4ct

Nerf the mages!
Is my campaign. But, hey, it gives people something of an "end goal" and the dragons are a good, free alternative when recoded... if they'd happen more frequently than the Ice Ages.

Nerving the mages means making their AOEs weaker, right? That's what makes them so strong in the Weeklies. That doesn't feel like a real solution as their AOEs are what make mages interesting. Even if you do, there's always going to be some group of characters that provide an unfair advantage to wales. That's always going to be the case in a ranking system like this.

I think you nailed the dragons as a potential solution, though. They give players who work at it a free way to be at least semi-competive. You can at a minimum get the reward energy that way, if not the ranking ones. That seems fair to me. Making their events more frequent seems like a necessity.

Visceir

MW has already increased the mdef of monsters in most higher level-more recent content. All the weekly challenge stuff is older lower level stuff though where mages still reigned supreme.

If they haven't done anything to mage skills so far then I doubt they'll nerf if ever, they seemed to actually double down on that with Z mages and added even more area skills to them.

It's also hard to counter their OPness with new content as anything that is rough for mages is also rough for magic type characters like Koko and Samatha.

We'll have to wait and see how pvp turns out.

My progress with new characters is going rather well. After tomorrow's MZ5K I should have most of the neccessary levels for my new characters to start SBing them.

Vena

I think you nailed the dragons as a potential solution, though. They give players who work at it a free way to be at least semi-competive. You can at a minimum get the reward energy that way, if not the ranking ones. That seems fair to me. Making their events more frequent seems like a necessity.

Wales will always have their advantages and let them have them, I'm not arguing against someone with 10000$ USD at their disposal getting a full roster of useful Z's, the dragons are an in-built work-around (and its probably why they got those recodes), but they are just too infrequent at the moment.

Having very strong Z units isn't a bad thing, it gives people a goal to work towards long-term other than just "getting their favorite adventurers!". My only general complaint is that the mages simply make everything else effectively redundant/meaningless in how overwhelming they are in effectiveness. The Weeklies are just a symptom of the underlying condition.

MW has already increased the mdef of monsters in most higher level-more recent content. All the weekly challenge stuff is older lower level stuff though where mages still reigned supreme.

It's also hard to counter their OPness with new content as anything that is rough for mages is also rough for magic type characters like Koko and Samatha.

We'll have to wait and see how pvp turns out.

Well, they've upped the MDEF but they also equally raise the DEF, so there's no real change in relative effectiveness as the defense is rising to also greatly impact the straight-forward attackers as well as the mage AoE spam. I do think they are well aware of the issue, that's why so many bosses are getting built to be magic-sponges, effectively. (And yes, any changes to the magic formulae directly with MDEF or MATT modifications will greatly impact Koko and Samantha, which is why I don't think that is where one would actually go to tackle the problem unless the recent formula change to elemental weapons were changed yet again to a more even split between MATT and ATT.)

But, as you said, they've definitely doubled-down on the strengths of the mages and their recodes. All the same that doesn't preclude an adjustment to the math of how they handle the large area of effect spells that doesn't outright gimp the mages in their ability to farm and be useful in general application. Change the rules, a bit, on weeklies or introduce more boss mechanics that specifically make bringing and armada of squishy super-mages a bad idea or at least not the optimal idea where you nuke everything into submission in two pincers.

I do think the buddy system is a great way to introduce counter-mechanics without changing the entire back-end math on how pincer/column/row damage is calculated. If you go into PvP expecting the entire Z-roster, you could in theory equip gear that is designed to greatly dampen off-target AoE for example.

Visceir

Magical resistance in Chapter 31
Fire, Darkess, Lightning and Non-elemental magic now deal 60% of their damage to chapter 31 foes. Previously, they only did 10%.
Ice is not changed and still do 80% of its damage.

Mages were useless in The Last Story dungeon and you're probably better off not having them as your main damage dealer in ch31 and ch32.

Having them dish out large scale supplementary damage to the main damage of physical pincers seems like a good balance to me tbh.

Vena

Mages were useless in The Last Story dungeon and you're probably better off not having them as your main damage dealer in ch31 and ch32.

Having them dish out large scale supplementary damage to the main damage of physical pincers seems like a good balance to me tbh.

Ahh I missed that change in mechanics. :D

yami4ct

Got my best time ever on the challenge and then lost it due to an app server error. Bullcrap.

Don't think I'll get much better than 1:18 with my current squad. Would probably need another Z mage to cut more time. Hopefully it'll be enough to get me into the top 5k. 1:41 was 7k, so maybe.

Vena

Hum, I want to double check:

Mantle Helix, is it better to farm 30-8 or 31-10? Been having bad luck on any drops at all from 30-8.

duckroll

Need 2 more Animatons and a Masamune for Zerro's job changes. Good thing a bonus day is coming up for both chapter 14 and 29! :)

Then after that it'll be hunting for Mantle Helixes, Ethers, and the required monsters for the eventual recode for both Puprope and Zerro. T_T

Visceir

Need 2 more Animatons and a Masamune for Zerro's job changes. Good thing a bonus day is coming up for both chapter 14 and 29! :)

Then after that it'll be hunting for Mantle Helixes, Ethers, and the required monsters for the eventual recode for both Puprope and Zerro. T_T

I got the masamune for my Zerro in 4 runs, fortunately I got plenty of Animatons left still from all my 20-1 runs.

Saturday should be double item drop rate for helixes. No rush in getting those though as I doubt I'll have my characters ready for recode anytime soon, haha.

Staab

Got my Zerro recode over the week-end and levelled her up to lvl 72, she's a beast :D
I'll be working on Samatha's levels this week (she's currently 65 / 65 / 90) for her future recode and saturday on the helixes...

I'm going for a full waifu team with Sheena, Zerro, Samatha, Calista, Kana and Daiana/Grace.

Would love to get another SS/S bow user to replace Grace, would love to get Gaiga or Yukken :/
Sadly I've only been getting crap from single pulls so I've stopped and saving up for the next 10-2guaranteed pull.

Visceir

Other than what was said above...

31-10 could be done co-op, doing it together with someone you'd get twice as many chances for your stamina.

Ch 30 will have 2x item drop rate sooner and 31's double drop rate is on the same day as ch6 which you might want to prioritize for metal tickets.

SS mages gain SB like 3x faster than Samatha,Gego and Lunaken, haha. I guess it helps that I usually chain Pupropu along with them and give them the +30% frequency boost (and +20% from Gego)

I wonder when we'll get MZ5/6 in arena again. Would much rather spend my metal tickets on those and level my chars to 70+ that way.

Falk

that puzzling face
Remember, the solution for getting anything to drop/proc/whatever for any game is -always- to complain on GAF about it.

100% proven methodology.

MZ 5-6 needs to be permanent in arena.

On that note, Metal Tickets need to drop from every monster in the game.
No sense to keep it to a single chapter.

Also, they need to remove the concept of Kings and non-Kings.
Just make every single MZ have a King. It feels like a pointless design decision to have such a system
Remember, the solution for getting anything to drop/proc/whatever for any game is -always- to complain on GAF about it.

100% proven methodology.
I asked for Puprope Λ.
Didn't get Puprope Λ.
Mythbusted!

Vena

I like 30-8 for Helix because I can bring garbage units.

I bring garbage units (up to two) to 31-10 and sit them in the corner. Koko, Daiana, and Proto kill Snaptrap in three rounds regardless. Piz'fer just wipes out the three initial waves since he's now 80/85/90 100%... I need to recode him. >.>

Xetherion

MZ 5-6 needs to be permanent in arena.

On that note, Metal Tickets need to drop from every monster in the game.
No sense to keep it to a single chapter.

Also, they need to remove the concept of Kings and non-Kings.
Just make every single MZ have a King. It feels like a pointless design decision to have such a system

The MZ system is designed to encourage people to spend energy on stamina refills when the MZ they want is open.

meow

I got to try out Gegonago Z's stealth ability on the daily challenge since it pulled his level up...lol yeah, it's kinda fun.

Vena

Okay, now I am sure of it. Marilith and her recode have a weird ass leveling curve.

Marilith^ is on a leveling curve somewhere between SS and Z for some reason.

Koko (SS) J3, level 50 experience, ~55500.

Marilith^ (S) J3, level 46 experience, ~58000.

I noticed it in their J2's when Koko and Marilith^ both started at ~60, with approximately the same amount of their bars filled respectively till next level, and by the time I finished farming Snaptrap for Mantle Helixes (I finally have my recoded Piz'fer^!), Koko was two levels above Koko at 67 while Marilith^ was still finishing off 65. (And yes, it took that long to get 5 Helixes.)

-----

Also from some random testing, Plague seems to have a high infliction chance. After Mari^ got plague, those Hands in the Snaptrap fight spent the whole encounter Asleep/Confused/Poisoned in every fight, making the battle really easy.

Visceir

Hope they'll give us MZ5/MZ6 in arena soon. Would be cool if I could level all my new chars to lvl 70+ using metal tickets.

Need to farm more tickets~

Hope they'll give us MZ5/MZ6 in arena soon. Would be cool if I could level all my new chars to lvl 70+ using metal tickets.

Need to farm more tickets~
Maybe we'll get MZ 7 after Ch.33.
Maybe we'll get Hunting Zone 4 with Horn/Flame/Cypher/Flea/Tail and Helix drops.
(nah.)

Xetherion

Maybe we'll get MZ 7 after Ch.33.
Maybe we'll get Hunting Zone 4 with Horn/Flame/Cypher/Flea/Tail and Helix drops.
(nah.)

I doubt we'll get MZ 7 before the level cap goes up again and there's a new recode type system that makes characters need level 90 or higher to unlock their last ability.

For some dumb reason MW wants us to have to grind regular stages to get the levels needed to unlock the last ability for recodes just like we had to grind for the last ability before the level cap increase and MZ 6. I don't know what possible benefit they think this has for their game, it actually makes me want to quit playing whenever i think about it.

I doubt we'll get MZ 7 before the level cap goes up again and there's a new recode type system that makes characters need level 90 or higher to unlock their last ability.
I'm sure we'll get it before that.
In another few chapters though.

They'll probably leave the 80-90 stretch for regular stages until future content cap.

I'll be honest and say the level grind isn't that bad (outside of Z units) compared to launch.
A/S/SS is quick now thanks to tickets and how stupid fast 20-1 has become.

Top Bottom