• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker/Hironobu Sakaguchi's Terra Battle |OT| Season 2 has been unleashed!

Visceir

Got my Deepwater Helixes and sitting at a comfy amount of Metal Tickets. Still want more~

Is Metal Zone 6 worth it? I always end up getting one shotted by Retaliate 3 columns and when I attack them I don´t deal damage to them, are those enemies invincible? Should I just leave them alone and focus on the rest?

Leave them alone and kill the rest if you don't have a character with Gravity status effect. It's easy enough to avoid the 3 tile counter column they do. MZ6 is well worth it, seen pics of people getting 1.4 mil exp from there with the exp bonus.

OMG Aero

Thanks to MZ6 I now have Zerro at level 70 in all three jobs, is chapter 20 the best way to get her up to 80 or is there a better place to grind?

duckroll

Thanks to MZ6 I now have Zerro at level 70 in all three jobs, is chapter 20 the best way to get her up to 80 or is there a better place to grind?

If you can clear 23-4 with just 2 characters and get 98-100k exp (you need to be able to kill all the enemies in the final round in a single attack turn), it's ~50k exp for Zerro per 16 stamina, and much less painful than ch20.

correojon

Got my Deepwater Helixes and sitting at a comfy amount of Metal Tickets. Still want more~

Leave them alone and kill the rest if you don't have a character with Gravity status effect. It's easy enough to avoid the 3 tile counter column they do. MZ6 is well worth it, seen pics of people getting 1.4 mil exp from there with the exp bonus.

Wow, I´m getting like 300k in a good run...I´ve seen that as long as you don´t hit them with a magic attack they won´t use retaliate. I´ve managed to kill some of them with physical attacks, but they evade a lot of times so it´s not a sure tactic. Thing is, I´m levelling up Jeniss, Bahamut and Leviathan, all of them with magical attacks so I guess I´m screwed.

I have Rejin...at level 10 first job only, getting him to Lambda80 for gravity is gonna take ages :S

Falk

that puzzling face
TIL you can accidentally clear Hedgehog Hulabaloo in one pincer.

image.php

Visceir

Tharos mentioned that the King/Queen got new pictures for job3. So they will probably show up in the next chapter, perhaps even be recruitable?

Also said that he won't probably be around when the next patch drops, so we won't get any datamined info until a few days after. Unless Duckroll gets us some hot scoops from japanese sites~

Wow, I´m getting like 300k in a good run...I´ve seen that as long as you don´t hit them with a magic attack they won´t use retaliate. I´ve managed to kill some of them with physical attacks, but they evade a lot of times so it´s not a sure tactic. Thing is, I´m levelling up Jeniss, Bahamut and Leviathan, all of them with magical attacks so I guess I´m screwed.

I have Rejin...at level 10 first job only, getting him to Lambda80 for gravity is gonna take ages :S

Metal Zones take the average levels of your 3 top characters into consideration and scale accordingly. So lvl 60+ chars will always get more exp than lvl lvl 20 for example.

When you asked about MZ6 I thought you meant it exclusively for lvling lvl 60+ chars. If your chars still get exp from MZ5 then do that.

The 1.4 mil exp pic was with the 1.5x exp boost item and King present, wouldn't expect to get that much exp casually on every run.

correojon

Tharos mentioned that the King/Queen got new pictures for job3. So they will probably show up in the next chapter, perhaps even be recruitable?

Also said that he won't probably be around when the next patch drops, so we won't get any datamined info until a few days after. Unless Duckroll gets us some hot scoops from japanese sites~

Metal Zones take the average levels of your 3 top characters into consideration and scale accordingly. So lvl 60+ chars will always get more exp than lvl lvl 20 for example.

When you asked about MZ6 I thought you meant it exclusively for lvling lvl 60+ chars. If your chars still get exp from MZ5 then do that.

The 1.4 mil exp pic was with the 1.5x exp boost item and King present, wouldn't expect to get that much exp casually on every run.

Great advice, thank you!

duckroll

I got my 5 Mantle Helixes, got Jade Dragon up to 45% SB but wasted 1 battle completely when I forgot to put Negotiator back on Samatha^. Lol.

Now waiting for Onyx Dragon hunting day. :D

Baliis

With MZ I'm the arena I decided to push and get Jennish to 80 on his last job and recode him. Not sure if I want to try to recode Yukken, Odin, or Bahamut next though

Falk

that puzzling face
Yukken just so you can pull her again and have two Yukkens and add to my salt

alkjfdsaklfjasldjflksjkdfk

Visceir

I got my 5 Mantle Helixes, got Jade Dragon up to 45% SB but wasted 1 battle completely when I forgot to put Negotiator back on Samatha^. Lol.

Now waiting for Onyx Dragon hunting day. :D

I could help you out with Onyx dragon. With Rikken and Yukken doing double pincers it should be a guaranteed drop~

Think I might actually need an ether from that stage.

duckroll

I could help you out with Onyx dragon. With Rikken and Yukken doing double pincers it should be a guaranteed drop~

Think I might actually need an ether from that stage.

I can host 6 runs starting in a bit. Lemme know if you're free around now. :)

If we want to try and get lucky with Ethers, maybe I can bring Gatz too. I have Samatha^, so we might not need both Rikken and Yukken?

Edit: New Room 21982

Visceir

Neg pro is waay better than Neg. Let's just be safe with both Rikken and Yukken.

I only really have about 10 - 15 min right now. I'll be F5'ing the thread until then. Just make a room and edit the number into your previous post or something.

Edit: well, at least we know this def works, haha. Need to get ready for gym now though.

Was fun~

I'll be back in ~3 hours if you're still around then.

Visceir

What do you mean Vena? Main reason we're doing this is to give Duckroll a 100% chance to capture Onyx Dragon, we're using my Rikken and Yukken character for that.

Would you like to use them as well?

duckroll

Okay I'll just keep editing this post for new rooms until I'm out of stamina, lol.

Room 22260

Edit: 20780

Edit: 23887

We finally got an Ether!!!!

Edit: 21584

Edit: 26302 (48 stamina left now)

Edit: 21270 (last 2 runs)

Edit: 22021 (last one, thanks a bunch!)

Visceir

Yeah, I'd gladly help out. How about tomorrow though? It's getting late here and I want to take advantage of the MZ5/6 in arena.

duckroll

It started at 0%, so it's at 45% now lol. It seems really easy with two Neg-Pros, but I don't want to hog them all to myself. If other people need help too, we can spread it out. Is it still 100% with a double pincer even on a normal day? Neg-Pro is 800% right?

Thanks a lot btw! :)

Vena

What do you mean Vena? Main reason we're doing this is to give Duckroll a 100% chance to capture Onyx Dragon, we're using my Rikken and Yukken character for that.

Would you like to use them as well?

Oooh I see. So you're bringing in the NegPro. What I meant was if we could host the room for duck and run it, and if he'd get captures that way too.

Visceir

There's always the option to just "lend" my chars. I join co-op and then disconnect, leaving my characters to the person to play with. Easy enough and wouldn't really take any of my time.

I'm not quite sure, it probably is. It's important to make sure it's actually a double pincer then though and not just a single pincer attack (we usually killed it with a single pincer in the end)

Onyx Dragon is a 5% drop, so two neg pro chars doing double pincers should still do the job.

duckroll

I think it's a confirmed double pincer kill if we can line up a double pincer with the right characters and the dragon at full health. Maybe it might be worth trying to do the rest of the grinding on the item up day for 23 instead? That's in 5 days, and with two Treasure Hunters we could also probably stock up on Ethers for a rainy day.

Maybe I should contribute towards the Jade Dragon for the rest of the day... if everyone stops grinding it, we'll never get the 5 energy. Lololol.

Visceir

I don't think I'd have that kind of patience. But I'm guessing you still have to level Zerro to 80/80/80 anyway?

I'm cool with whatever, it's your stamina afterall ;)

I'm trying to get my Zerro/Jennish/Samatha to lvl 70+ on all jobs right now.

Does the MZ event tonight or does it go on for another 24h? This stuff always confuses me x_x

duckroll

The JP news update says it ends on July 30 at 8:59 AM, so there's still another 26 hours to go. :)

My Zerro is at something like 47/45/73 or something, so yeah long way more. I've been really lazy about doing certain things. ._.

Visceir

Cool, then I can continue this tomorrow.

Got Samatha job3 to lvl 74, Jennish job3 to lvl 75 and Zerro job3 to lvl 73 with MZ6. Trying to set them up so that they can do 1 final MZ6 when they are lvl 69+, saves me some 20-1 grinding later on.

Qmzn

Neo Member
I dumped all my metal tickets into metal zone 5 and 6, working on random units.

I hate the addition of the Metal Mirror enemy. Such an old-school JRPG attitude to take, to punish higher-level players and waste their time like that.

Then I tried killing that Antlion for that helix, at item drop x2... and failed... and failed. Almost had him the third time, but then my finger slipped into the off-screen area, lost Kuscah, and failed again.

Where's the fun part of this game, again? Or has it boiled down to just grinding up SS/Z characters in anticipation of the next season? Still trying to figure out the best way to casually dump my stamina each day, to provide some level of benefit. I used to do 20-1, but I started falling asleep during runs. So freaking dull...

Visceir

More confirmation for the Buddy system

Since the magazine will come out on the 25th august it's probably fairly set in stone when we'll be getting the buddy system?

Seems like the featured buddy in the magazine will have some kind of revival effect maybe?

People are also fairly certain there will be a "Pact Of Buddy" added, I'll be saving my energy for that, haha.

I hate the addition of the Metal Mirror enemy. Such an old-school JRPG attitude to take, to punish higher-level players and waste their time like that.

Then I tried killing that Antlion for that helix, at item drop x2... and failed... and failed. Almost had him the third time, but then my finger slipped into the off-screen area, lost Kuscah, and failed again.

Where's the fun part of this game, again? Or has it boiled down to just grinding up SS/Z characters in anticipation of the next season? Still trying to figure out the best way to casually dump my stamina each day, to provide some level of benefit. I used to do 20-1, but I started falling asleep during runs. So freaking dull...

You could always just hard reset the game and boot it up again to start the floor you're on again if something goes really bad to save some stamina.

Also no harm in just taking a break and returning again later when there's more content. Chances are the new content will be more challenging though and you'll have to go through the leveling process anyway. Farming Helixes at ch 26 and 30 might be a better idea.

Contributing to the Jade Dragon runs to get closer to the +5 Energy reward would be a quick and easy energy dump.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars

Just do 23-4; I like to play other games too and it's a nice mixture of time and exp.

duckroll

Wow, I'm looking at the magazine info and it's a huge exclusive DLC scam. Lol.

I don't have an account on terrabattleforum so maybe someone can post there if no one else has but....

- They announced DLC plans for the first 11 issues of this magazine (vol 0 to 10)

- Vol 0's DLC is an exclusive buddy and 5 energy

- Vol 1's DLC is an exclusive new character
- Vol 2's DLC is an exclusive Monster A
- Vol 3's DLC is an exclusive set of item materials (let's call it Set A)
- Vol 4's DLC is an exclusive Monster B
- Vol 5's DLC is an exclusive set of item materials (let's call it Set B)
- Vol 6's DLC is an exclusive Monster C
- Vol 7's DLC is an exclusive Monster D
- Vol 8's DLC is an exclusive Monster E
- Vol 9's DLC is an exclusive Monster F
- Vol 10's DLC is an exclusive set of item materials (let's call it Set C)

- Monster A can be recoded into Monster A^ using Monsters C and D plus materials from Set A
- Monster B can be recoded into Monster B^ using Monsters E and F plus materials from Set B
- The original character from the first volume of the magazine can finally be recoded using Monsters A^ and B^ plus materials from Set C

Holy shiiiiiiiiiiiiit lol.

Falk

that puzzling face
Wow, I'm looking at the magazine info and it's a huge exclusive DLC scam. Lol.

I don't have an account on terrabattleforum so maybe someone can post there if no one else has but....

- They announced DLC plans for the first 11 issues of this magazine (vol 0 to 10)

- Vol 0's DLC is an exclusive buddy and 5 energy

- Vol 1's DLC is an exclusive new character
- Vol 2's DLC is an exclusive Monster A
- Vol 3's DLC is an exclusive set of item materials (let's call it Set A)
- Vol 4's DLC is an exclusive Monster B
- Vol 5's DLC is an exclusive set of item materials (let's call it Set B)
- Vol 6's DLC is an exclusive Monster C
- Vol 7's DLC is an exclusive Monster D
- Vol 8's DLC is an exclusive Monster E
- Vol 9's DLC is an exclusive Monster F
- Vol 10's DLC is an exclusive set of item materials (let's call it Set C)

- Monster A can be recoded into Monster A^ using Monsters C and D plus materials from Set A
- Monster B can be recoded into Monster B^ using Monsters E and F plus materials from Set B
- The original character from the first volume of the magazine can finally be recoded using Monsters A^ and B^ plus materials from Set C

Holy shiiiiiiiiiiiiit lol.

Maybe they'll all accidentally come out in PoF

Visceir

Maybe they'll all accidentally come out in PoF

image.php

So all together it would be ~60 USD for all 10 volumes. I haven't bought any of the previous Eidolon or character related DLC, I'm rather curious what the character will be though.

I posted the info on TBF but couldn't link it here, hope you don't mind it Duckroll.

duckroll

Yeah I don't mind. You might want to add that it doesn't actually say specifically in the language that the monsters and materials are "exclusive", but I think it's a fair assumption because all the promo text says that "if you collect everything from all 10 issues, you can recode the character." So there's a very slim chance that the monsters and mats are existing stuff, but you just don't have to grind them if you buy all the issues. I think that's unlikely though, given how they're positioning this promo.

The character is definitely an original exclusive character though.

Visceir

I bet the character is Lukken, the 3rd sister of Rikken and Yukken with a Pro Treasure Hunter skill. Watch everyone buy the magazines! :D

yami4ct

Watch her be a neg pro, treasure hunter and money bags character and see people lose their shit. Haha.

It's kind of a neat idea to give special characters in Merch, but I hate the way this kind of looks to be done. I sure hope her recode mats are available in game and the magazines are a way to avoid the grind. Otherwise, fuck that. If we get that confirmation, I might be half tempted to import her if she looks cool.

That being said, I would much rather them do special edition versions of characters with new art or something rather than lock a character behind a magazine that will quickly go OOP. I guess other F2P games do it, but each individual character in Terra Battle is more important. I guess the POT already has a bunch of great stuff, but still kind of sleazy.

Falk

that puzzling face
I mean a guaranteed Neg Pro+ is probably better than $60 worth of Energy pulling random things.

And you get 11 free magazines thrown in too.

duckroll

What I hate most about this promo is that the magazine is basically worthless. Like, based on the content they're promoting about it, it's just PR stuff for the game, with some guide information which is really useless to players who have already gone through all of the available content so far. So if any dedicated player buys the mags, it's just for the codes. If the magazine actually had good content which I would be interested in actually buying and reading, it would not feel like such a cashgrab.

yami4ct

I mean a guaranteed Neg Pro+ is probably better than $60 worth of Energy pulling random things.

And you get 11 free magazines thrown in too.

If you're super into the idea of grinding out the POF, it probably is. I already have a Yukken I just recoded to get a 100% activation on Neg Pro, so I'm spoiled.

What I hate most about this promo is that the magazine is basically worthless. Like, based on the content they're promoting about it, it's just PR stuff for the game, with some guide information which is really useless to players who have already gone through all of the available content so far. So if any dedicated player buys the mags, it's just for the codes. If the magazine actually had good content which I would be interested in actually buying and reading, it would not feel like such a cashgrab.

I totally agree. If this were a set of magazines packed with dev interviews and tons of concept art and stuff, that'd be one thing. A PR magazine is pretty gross. It's clear that the only reason they expect these to sell is due to the character.

Falk

that puzzling face
If you're super into the idea of grinding out the POF, it probably is. I already have a Yukken I just recoded to get a 100% activation on Neg Pro, so I'm spoiled.

It's not the POF. It's everything that's not in the POF. Descended's specific monsters that you can only get from their events, for example. Heck the Desccendeds themselves are 8x (literally) less painful tp grind with Neg Pro.

yami4ct

It's not the POF. It's everything that's not in the POF. Descended's specific monsters that you can only get from their events, for example. Heck the Desccendeds themselves are 8x (literally) less painful tp grind with Neg Pro.

I guess that's true. I totally forgot about them since they only have hit once in my tenure and I couldn't clear all 3 for the recode. They (sans Jade Dragon) would definitely be worth the grind and make Neg Pro more useful. It's too bad there are so few events and the length between them is astronomical.

duckroll

Man, I just realized something hilarious. Some people will probably buy dupes of every issue just to retain the stuff that gets lost due to recoding. If the monsters aren't exclusive, then you'll have to buy a dupe of Vol1 at least. If the monsters are indeed exclusive, then you'll have to buy 11 dupe issues to keep all of them (including the two recoded monsters). If the monsters and mats are exclusive, you'll need to buy 13 dupe issues. If you want to keep the mats as well for whatever sick reason.... I don't want to calculate anymore. :p

Top Bottom