• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker/Hironobu Sakaguchi's Terra Battle |OT| Season 2 has been unleashed!

Vena

I'm sure we'll get it before that.
In another few chapters though.

They'll probably leave the 80-90 stretch for regular stages until future content cap.

I'll be honest and say the level grind isn't that bad (outside of Z units) compared to launch.
A/S/SS is quick now thanks to tickets and how stupid fast 20-1 has become.

I would hope we get it before then because these recodes are absurd sponges for leveling, and running 20-1 is going to make me lose my eyes to forks. Even Marilith^ is getting absurd. Are all recodes just on a Z-tier leveling scheme regardless of their actual rank? Look at this:

Koko [SS] (J2) - Level 66 - Needed Exp = 60k

Marilith^ (J2) - Level 66 - Needed Exp = 75k

Calista (J3) - Level 76 - Needed Exp = 80k

I don't even want to know what the hell Mari^ J3 is going to be like leveling because by the time she's in her 60's she's going to need 100k+.

Visceir

Z tier is pretty much 3x the exp of SS. So if Koko is 60 k then Koko /\ is 180 k exp.

I don't really mind the grind either. Having MZ6 means you can pretty much get your characters to lvl 73+ with just the metal zones if done right, after that it's just a day's worth of 20-1 grind.

My SS mages are at 40% SB, Samatha, Lunaken and Gegonago are getting pretty much 3x less SB as the mages, Samatha at 13% right now.

On saturday I'll probably be farming helixes and hopefully the MZ5/6 in arena won't be all too far off after that.

Not really all too enthusiastic about Ch33 to be honest. All those long gaps make me forget about the story and make me care less. Right now my stamina priority goes to leveling my SS units and Ch33/Jade dragon will have to take a backseat.

Not really all too enthusiastic about Ch33 to be honest. All those long gaps make me forget about the story and make me care less. Right now my stamina priority goes to leveling my SS units and Ch33/Jade dragon will have to take a backseat.
But we're grinding for that content. :O

Terra Battle: Level simulator and nothing else matters anymore

does anyone else have issues with the game not wanting to connect and constant "could not connect to network" messages when connected to home wifi?

Visceir

does anyone else have issues with the game not wanting to connect and constant "could not connect to network" messages when connected to home wifi?

Had yesterday for a couple of minutes, but seems fine otherwise.

But we're grinding for that content. :O

Terra Battle: Level simulator and nothing else matters anymore

Seems like all the "right" characters for Ch33 that I have are are too low level for it.

Zerro, Sha'plar, Gegonago /\ are all low level right now.

Has anyone done it yet? Heard it can be quite difficult.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Only did the first 3 so far, accidentally brought both Samatha and Alka once, haha.
Easy enough with a haphazard team; avoiding all lv 90, still bringing Alika for the heck of it.

duckroll

I only did the first battle in ch33 so far, but it sure was fun. You have to pay attention to the enemy placements and what direction they'll be shooting on their turn. Even very high level characters can be one-shotted by the lasers.

duckroll

http://www.gamer.ne.jp/news/201507230079/

More details on Jade Dragon rewards:

- 50k kills = 1x Rainbow Tears reward
- 100k kills = 1x Fellowship Ticket reward
- 150k kills = B Route unlocked
- 250k kills = 1x Energy reward

The condition for unlocking C Route and further rewards will be announced later as the event progresses. Also, Shimomura composed the music for the Jade Dragon event. Not sure if they're just reusing the Lamia tracks though. We'll find out tomorrow!

Does your Lich^ follow a weird leveling curve too?
Also eww, Lich^.
Yeah. Seemed slower to level than my SS guys on my 20-1 grind spree.

Don't say eew. He's got sword and dark skills. Perfect for Ch.33.
and might be only time I actually use him :O

Vena

Yeah. Seemed slower to level than my SS guys on my 20-1 grind spree.

Don't say eew. He's got sword and dark skills. Perfect for Ch.33.
and might be only time I actually use him :O

Ok so I am not crazy that the recode monsters are definitely weird on leveling.

Marilith^ is better!
Having gone through the first four of Ch. 33, the enemies are all susceptible to her condi spam so the fights... are sort of trivialized (except the gun turrets).

Xetherion

Are there certain skills you can slot that make it more likely to get a sb increase?

Skills that activate during different phases give more chances to SB. So healing skills, capsule skills, and counter skills (though counters are unreliable to get activated).

HawthorneKitty

The boss of the chapter was pretty tough. Took many many turns, overall a surprising fight due to upfront difficulty; I was still op though.

33-10 is lolawesome.

Vena

Dragon is up.

And I got him on try one, yay!

Edit: No what? Do I just keep running it to help unlock for everyone?

meow

Always slot in skills with the lowest % rate.
They got a higher chance to give out an sb increase.

Skills that activate during different phases give more chances to SB. So healing skills, capsule skills, and counter skills (though counters are unreliable to get activated).

Ahhh okay, thanks! I guess that makes sense, though is it known whether at some point, maybe earlier on, it's better to slot in a 90% skill instead? (since it'll activate that much more often, and if I understand correctly, it needs to actually activate for a chance to raise sb)
I mean, I don't really care too much, lol. Just kind of curious, and sb is the price I guess you pay for pulling a Z character out of the pact instead of recoding yourself. Access to all the cool skills and none of them activate.

Falk

that puzzling face
If I'm not wrong, the mechanics are 2% / <skill chance>. Hence:

(Using decimals rather than percentages to make it easier to see the formulae)
When you're at 0% SB,
- a 90% skill has .9 chance to activate, and when it does, a .02222 chance to +SB.
- a 50% skill has .5 chance to activate, and when it does, a .04 chance to +SB
- a 10% skill has .1 chance to activate, and when it does, a .2 chance to +SB.
In any case you still have an overall 0.02 or 2% chance to +SB (.9 x .02222, .5 x .04 and .1 x .2)

In other words at 0% SB, you have 2% chance per involvement per phase (damage, healing etc) to +SB on average regardless of high/low % skills

When your SB climbs however, it skews in favor of low % skills. Example:

When you're at 50% SB,
- a 90% skill has 1.0 chance to activate, and when it does, a .02222 chance to +SB.
- a 50% skill has 1.0 chance to activate, and when it does, a .04 chance to +SB
- a 10% skill has .6 chance to activate, and when it does, a .2 chance to +SB.

90% skill -> 1.0 x .02222 = 0.0222 = 2.222% chance to +SB
50% skill -> 1.0 x .04 = .04 = 4% chance to +SB
10% skill -> 0.6 x .2 = .12 = 12% chance to +SB

tl;dr a high % skill will never give more +SB on average than a low level skill, and the higher your SB, the more it skews in favor of low % skills.

Probably some errors in my napkin maths because I'm bad.

duckroll

Hunt the Jade Dragon is a huge disappointment so far. It's the laziest event they've created to date I believe. No new event graphics, no original battle background, nothing interesting with regards to enemy or boss mechanics. It feels like something they threw together in a rush using assets they had lying around. :/

Matsuno World where?! :(

Vena

Hunt the Jade Dragon is a huge disappointment so far. It's the laziest event they've created to date I believe. No new event graphics, no original battle background, nothing interesting with regards to enemy or boss mechanics. It feels like something they threw together in a rush using assets they had lying around. :/

They should just let us make these recycled encounters!

Visceir

Haven't played it myself yet, but I find the idea of everyone contributing to it rather unique.

That and the other routes will be similar to TLS, where you have to meet certain conditions to get the "right" ending.

Obviously that still doesn't change the fact they reused old assets~

duckroll

The routes don't mean anything if the design is this lazy. TLS was a great event because every battle was interesting, and the conditions themselves introduced nice twists into the gameplay. Jade Dragon has none of that. :/

meow

If I'm not wrong, the mechanics are 2% / <skill chance>. Hence:

(Using decimals rather than percentages to make it easier to see the formulae)

When your SB climbs however, it skews in favor of low % skills. Example:

tl;dr a high % skill will never give more +SB on average than a low level skill, and the higher your SB, the more it skews in favor of low % skills.

Probably some errors in my napkin maths because I'm bad.
That's so interesting! Thanks for explaining. I never knew the mechanics behind it before.

Alright so I'm looking for some tips guys:
Should I leave my party as is or are some of these characters I have better than the ones I'm using? I'm not really looking for anything specific, just a party that's good enough for the story.

My current squad:
2qHrTBx.jpg

Other units:

I know for a fact that I wanna keep O'pari because of the fact that he does like 3 fire arrows any time I attack with him. I also really like Amina as a healer and Gatz because of his levitate ability but other than that I'm open to suggestions.

HawthorneKitty

Should I leave my party as is or are some of these characters I have better than the ones I'm using? I'm not really looking for anything specific, just a party that's good enough for the story.

My current squad:

Other units:

I know for a fact that I wanna keep O'pari because of the fact that he does like 3 fire arrows any time I attack with him. I also really like Amina as a healer and Gatz because of his levitate ability but other than that I'm open to suggestions.
You should get the complete Weapon Triangle on you; put Bahl and Ma'curi in. Definitely remove Samupi and since you're not giving much leeway, choose who else to ditch.

kiyoaki

My current squad:

Other units:

I'd keep Rikken and Gatz for monster recruiting and item farming. Try to get Bahl and Ma'curi in there and level them up, they become very powerful damage dealers on their third jobs. Much more powerful than O'pari and Samupí.

I haven't caught the Jade dragon yet, but in the long run, won't he be a better mage than Y'apkar?

Visceir

Macuri
Bahl
Rikken
Gigojago
Amina
O'Pari

Switch in Gatz for Ch/levels where you actually need levitate. Other than that he is not very good.

Gigojago will be a big help in Ch21 with his anti-fire capsules and ice spells.

Tharos posted a couple of the upcoming Buddy pictures:

Top Bottom