• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker/Hironobu Sakaguchi's Terra Battle |OT| Season 2 has been unleashed!

Visceir

So I ended up with 10 Energy... Should I use it? iir there's not much benefit in saving them up right?

edit: um

Olber is awesome. Hes pretty much a tank/defensive unit though. Make sure you get his Evasive Arts chain skill which will be a big help.

As for why you might want to hold off on using energy -- if you already have a team you're happy with you could save your energy for those 10x event pulls that would guarantee 2 S or higher characters.

That has been the only way I've pulled new characters since march, I think.

Visceir

i love the fact that i have done JD enough to get all mats and some for fun, and i'm sitll at 0%

damn you negotiator people

Mine is at 0% too and I have both twins. You don't get the monster drop when you're getting job mats and after you get all the mats the C route has a 100% drop rate -- so negotiator skill doesn't matter all too much~

this event has taught me something important.

i have 0 dark/lightning upper level characters :eek:.

is sha'plar good? i havent been able to do much with her/him/it due to orichalcums being the bane of my existence outside of z mats

Mine is at 0% too and I have both twins. You don't get the monster drop when you're getting job mats and after you get all the mats the C route has a 100% drop rate -- so negotiator skill doesn't matter all too much~
Route A has 30% chance to recruit compared to 100% route C, so bring Neg Pro for easy-mode route A.

Also at 100% Jade now.
I'm counting on the rest of you for those kill count. :)

pix

Guys, new to the game. I'm wondering what my optimal team setup is. Not sure which guys to use other than Yukken^ and Zerro.

FGE9EWO.jpg

kiyoaki

Guys, new to the game. I'm wondering what my optimal team setup is. Not sure which guys to use other than Yukken^ and Zerro.

FGE9EWO.jpg
Your luck continues to amaze. S'naip and Bahl are excellent fighters, use them. Korin is a good support unit for Bahl and other sword fighters, so use him too until Bahl's B% is high enough. Sorman is a great healer and will stay useful even in late game. Maybe level up Bagunar as needed if you don't get a better lightning-based unit soon.

Sorman, Bahl, S'naip, Yukken, Zerro... and Ba'gunar.

I'd replace Ba'gunar with a spear guy as soon as you get a good one from PoT.
(or replace with whatever S+ rank you get later on)

You're still pretty much set for the first 1-30 chapters of the game.
S'naip is a DPS monster later on, and SS mage Zerro will carry you.
Sorman is all you need for heals.

pix

Your luck continues to amaze. S'naip and Bahl are excellent fighters, use them. Korin is a good support unit for Bahl and other sword fighters, so use him too until Bahl's B% is high enough. Sorman is a great healer and will stay useful even in late game. Maybe level up Bagunar as needed if you don't get a better lightning-based unit soon.

So what would my team of 6 look like? Yukken^, Zerro, Korin, Sorman, S'naip, Bahl?

kiyoaki

So what would my team of 6 look like? Yukken^, Zerro, Korin, Sorman, S'naip, Bahl?
Yeah. Or switch in Ba'gunar for Korin, as theMrCravens suggests - whichever works best for you and the stage you're trying to beat. But with this team you'll pretty much breeze through most of the game.

Visceir

Route A has 30% chance to recruit compared to 100% route C, so bring Neg Pro for easy-mode route A.

Also at 100% Jade now.
I'm counting on the rest of you for those kill count. :)

It's a 1 hit kill either way, doesn't matter what route.

That's what I'd go with, but I actively dislike Ba'gunar.

I think Ba'gunar is better than Korin now, especially with the recent physical magic attack changes.

+ you get that lightning element for those dark element stages.

kiyoaki

I just discovered an enemy in the JD dungeons drops Lustrous Tails. Looks like I'll be getting JD up to 100% after all.

We're already close to 700,000 times vanquished, so getting the 5 energy should be very doable.

Visceir

I just discovered an enemy in the JD dungeons drops Lustrous Tails. Looks like I'll be getting JD up to 100% after all.

We're already close to 700,000 times vanquished, so getting the 5 energy should be very doable.

I think there are monsters in 23-10 that get resummoned over and over again that drop those Tails. You could just farm the item there.

Got my mages recoded, whoo!

Finalow

I didn't even want to grind JD but I ended up getting him to 42%. less boring than farming for PoF.
now I just hope that we will get a lambda version someday.

duckroll

Jade Dragon at 99% SB. Can't justify spending another 25 stamina on 1%. You're all on your own. Hope we get the last ~100k kills we need for the 5 energy! :p

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Jade Dragon at 99% SB. Can't justify spending another 25 stamina on 1%. You're all on your own. Hope we get the last ~100k kills we need for the 5 energy! :p
That 1 kill could have been the pushing point to motivate the rest of the kills; if we fail...

I'm going against my natural instrinct to Coin Creep today to push towards 99%/100% myself.

If I math right, I should be done today, so coins tomorrow.

Since it seems like the five energy are close to a lock, maybe I can blow one for a refill? Hmm.

I guess after that, I need to look towards recoding. I got lucky and got EIGHT Deepwater Helixes on double item day this week. Of course, almost all of my characters need the other one and I don't have Chapter 30 open yet. Bah.

Falk

that puzzling face
Guys, I have a confession to make.

I ran Jade Dragon once, got JD, and never bothered rerunning for his job classes or SB or rewards.

I am a bad person. :(

Falk

that puzzling face
It's ok, by the time I'm grinding PoF and all my current characters including descended recodes JD will have popped by another 3-4 times.

And still no NegPro.

i'm JUST about done with all the fodder non-named race units in PoF. then come the dragon/bosses. then finally the s units! *and jaguna*

i should be be done with PoF in 2-3 more weekends. I'm also gonna hold back on recoding my dragons because i realized that would set me hella back on finishing PoF due to them being given way more priority when pulling.

freaking cryowisp.

Today was a productive day.

I could have grinded to get Onyx Dragon and Dark Petrifier to 100% before recoding, but that seems like a real good way to burn myself out on Terra Battle.
Meanwhile I seriously can't find any Tails of Insight for Macuri's/Opari's third jobs

lol

duckroll

Is Visceir free to loan his double Neg-Pros for about 4 runs on 23-10 in maybe 20-30 minutes time? It's also item rate up for the chapter.

If not I'm probably going to burn the stamina on ch20 instead.

GeoGonzo

Hm... we'd need around 70 kills per minute to reach the goal, and it has slowed down too much already. Unless Mistwalker fudges the numbers a bit I think we're heading towards a near miss.

we all knew it was impossible with the gold weekend. aint nobody gonna miss that gold rush for an A rank dragon that we dont even know when (or if) is going to get a Z upgrade.

also, is there a reason to hoard gold boost items or should i just splurge on them all now

Falk

that puzzling face
we all knew it was impossible with the gold weekend. aint nobody gonna miss that gold rush for an A rank dragon that we dont even know when (or if) is going to get a Z upgrade.

also, is there a reason to hoard gold boost items or should i just splurge on them all now

But but but but, if everyone had chipped in 1 kill each, we'd all have 5 energy to blow on next gold weekend.

Wait I ran JD all of once. I'm a bad-er man.

yami4ct

Accidentally did a 6 pull with my energy while buttoning through PoF pulls. Ooops. Got an Olber, though! He's an SS. Any good?

kiyoaki

Olber is a great tank/defensive support unit.
I spent 10 energy today just for the sake of it and pulled Zafitte, which is pretty cool. I've always wanted a bomb-building unit and needed a poisoner.

Top Bottom