• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker/Hironobu Sakaguchi's Terra Battle |OT| Season 2 has been unleashed!

yami4ct

Imagine if entering multiple codes gave you Skill Boost. People would buy 20 (Or maybe 10 since she's probably SS) issues just for the "free" 100%.

yami4ct

Learning you're not always going to have the best shit and figuring out how to get great outcomes out of "lesser" teams is the greatest lesson PaD has ever taught me. Really has saved me so much F2P money.

Vena

Why? Let Mistwalker have their money. Especially if it means more meaningful content.

Well, the real reason would be that I'd find it fun to write-up the script to try to crack it and then throw it on QUEST, and see how long it takes...

... but the reason I'll give you is because I'll never get one of these mags. :(

yami4ct

Is there an easy way to automate code entry on mobile, though? I thought a big reason these redemption code program crackers could work is because they could take the general key format and then just brute force the possible options to see what works. That is, unless the codes aren't randomized well and it becomes easy to "decode" the pattern. If you don't have an easy code entry, wouldn't it be hard to crack?

duckroll

There's no way to realistically crack the Terra Battle codes anyway. They're really long, case sensitive, and are alphanumeric. Even if you could spam code entry without getting detected and banned, it would take forever to brute force just one random code, much less a specific one you want.

Vena

Is there an easy way to automate code entry on mobile, though? I thought a big reason these redemption code program crackers could work is because they could take the general key format and then just brute force the possible options to see what works. That is, unless the codes aren't randomized well and it becomes easy to "decode" the pattern. If you don't have an easy code entry, wouldn't it be hard to crack?

Desktop droid shell.

There's no way to realistically crack the Terra Battle codes anyway. They're really long, case sensitive, and are alphanumeric. Even if you could spam code entry without getting detected and banned, it would take forever to brute force just one random code, much less a specific one you want.

But this is the real reason I'd ultimately fail. QUEST is fast but I'd likely get banned long before it finished even a single crack, lol.

yami4ct

Desktop droid shell.

But this is the real reason I'd ultimately fail. QUEST is fast but I'd likely get banned long before it finished even a single crack, lol.

Ah. I didn't know there were any desktop based android shells that could actually connect to game servers. Makes sense now that I know, but I never had to look for anything like that.

Also, Server Bans are the real defense against this.

duckroll

I was just thinking about this DLC character scam, and wondered... with the changes in regulations in Japan, if they applied the same thing to gacha... it would be illegal right?

Say they announce a ZZZ class recode called "Supreme Omega". The base character required is Supreme (ZZ class). To recode him, you need Invincible Lambda and Seiryu Lambda. To recode Invincible you need Piz'fer Lambda and Zerro Lambda. To recode Seiryu you need Lewto Lambda and Jennis Lambda. Supreme Omega, Invincible Lambda, and Seiryu Lambda are not available in PoF or PoT.

I'm sure this is illegal right? Right?!?! Lol.

yami4ct

I was just thinking about this DLC character scam, and wondered... with the changes in regulations in Japan, if they applied the same thing to gacha... it would be illegal right?

Say they announce a ZZZ class recode called "Supreme Omega". The base character required is Supreme (ZZ class). To recode him, you need Invincible Lambda and Seiryu Lambda. To recode Invincible you need Piz'fer Lambda and Zerro Lambda. To recode Seiryu you need Lewto Lambda and Jennis Lambda. Supreme Omega, Invincible Lambda, and Seiryu Lambda are not available in PoF or PoT.

I'm sure this is illegal right? Right?!?! Lol.

If I remember Japanese gambling laws right, the Gatcha units to evolve Gatcha units is illegal. I believe PAD almost got in trouble for that. The magazine obviously wouldn't be under the same rule as the "drop" is guaranteed. It's not gambling at that point.

duckroll

If I remember Japanese gambling laws right, the Gatcha units to evolve Gatcha units is illegal. I believe PAD almost got in trouble for that. The magazine obviously wouldn't be under the same rule as the "drop" is guaranteed. It's not gambling at that point.

Is this why when they introduced recoding, all the recodes are also available to be pulled?

yami4ct

Is this why when they introduced recoding, all the recodes are also available to be pulled?

I don't think so. PAD has plenty of evolutions of REM monsters that don't drop from the REM. I think the law only applies to forcing you to have a Gatcha monster to make another Gatcha monster more powerful. Japan doesn't like that double gambling incentive.

duckroll

I don't think so. PAD has plenty of evolutions of REM monsters that don't drop from the REM. I think the law only applies to forcing you to have a Gatcha monster to make another Gatcha monster more powerful. Japan doesn't like that double gambling incentive.

Oh wait, I see what you're saying. The mats are always monsters, not -other characters-, so they're considered free pulls. If any of the recode materials required another character you had to pull from PoT, then it would be illegal?

yami4ct

Oh wait, I see what you're saying. The mats are always monsters, not -other characters-, so they're considered free pulls. If any of the recode materials required another character you had to pull from PoT, then it would be illegal?

Exactly. PAD had at one point announced an Ultimate Evolution that required you to feed a REM monster to a REM monster to upgrade. Legal (or someone) stepped in and told them that was a no go and they changed it before it launched. You can't force a played to feed away something from the paid Gatcha in order to upgrade or progress.

I suspect that might be why with PAD's new currency, regular monster sales still give you a small (but useless) amount of it. It basically allows them to technically skirt that law. If they had a shop specifically dedicated to points earned from selling Gatcha monsters, I bet that'd be illegal.

pix

So I just started playing this game he other day. I am on chapter 8. My first pull was Zerro and now with the 5 energy I just got I pulled a rainbow pact. Yukken ^ Z class. What the heck is Z class. I assume it's good?!

kiyoaki

More than just good, it's the best class in the game. You're incredibly lucky. Zerro too can be recoded into a Z-class character.

duckroll

Cashed in 9 Metal Tickets to take advantage of the Metal Zone 5 and 6 event at the last moment. Got all of Zerro and Puprope's jobs up to lvl70+. Now the real grinding begins. :D

But why does Z class only have one job? Isn't that not as great?

No. It's all about utility. More jobs doesn't really mean much if the skill combinations are weaker. Z-class Lambda characters are technically "4th Jobs" in the sense that the job's fixed skill set is extremely powerful, and with the empty skill slots you can equip any of the skills from the previous 3 Jobs without having to level any of them. They also ignore level cap limiting, which means you can equip a skill which is normally a lvl65 skill on the first slot, and still use it in level capped battles. Super useful.

Visceir

Mine are currently:
Samatha 76/77/75
Zerro 76/77/73
Jennish 73/73/76

I guess it's rather obvious for which ones I used the x1.5 exp capsule for on the final run of MZ6, haha

So ~15 runs of 20-1 to have them all at lvl 80+ for the recode. 2 days worth of exp. Wondering if I should dedicate some exp to Jade Dragon before I start doing this.

Also got Alika /\ and Gegonago /\ to lvl 71. 170 tickets left~

Staab

So I just started playing this game he other day. I am on chapter 8. My first pull was Zerro and now with the 5 energy I just got I pulled a rainbow pact. Yukken ^ Z class. What the heck is Z class. I assume it's good?!

Please tell me you're joking...
Zerro and Yukken on the first two pulls ? jfc
Kill me now !

Welp. More jp only dlc sucks.

This is still the best mobile game out there though.
So I'll hold on for Mr. Sakaguchi, and I want to see that PVP mode.

pix

Please tell me you're joking...
Zerro and Yukken on the first two pulls ? jfc
Kill me now !

Nope I got really lucky apparently!

rmOSeaR.jpg

duckroll

Alright. Jade Dragon Route C! Now that's what I'm talking about. He finally has enough HP and defense to make the battle somewhat interesting and fun to grind. :)

Visceir

Keep in mind the last requirement for path C is to do it under 15 sec or less.

Still considering if I should do it or, 250 stamina to get all the job items, hmm.

kiyoaki

Jade Dragon is supposed to drop on route C, too, right? I got my 5 wings but never once managed to recruit him. Now I want to know whether I have to take the A route to recruit him.

Hige

I hate how it's much harder to get DLC/merch if you're not in Japan. You either have to PayPal someone from Terra Battle Forum or win a contest from the official Facebook/Twitter.

Also, I will never have enough Sentient Flames, ever. Jade Dragon's job 3 will have to wait.

Visceir

I hate how it's much harder to get DLC/merch if you're not in Japan. You either have to PayPal someone from Terra Battle Forum or win a contest from the official Facebook/Twitter.

Also, I will never have enough Sentient Flames, ever. Jade Dragon's job 3 will have to wait.

That and with that kind of deals not even all the money would go to MW.

I started doing Jade Dragon as well. Got 2 items for each job change thus far, 6 more runs to go. Not gonna bother with SBing.

Top Bottom