• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker/Hironobu Sakaguchi's Terra Battle |OT| Season 2 has been unleashed!

Lucc

we all knew it was impossible with the gold weekend. aint nobody gonna miss that gold rush for an A rank dragon that we dont even know when (or if) is going to get a Z upgrade.

also, is there a reason to hoard gold boost items or should i just splurge on them all now

It wasn't only the Gold Weekend. It was double drop Metal tickets and double drop Deepwater/Mantle Helix, too.

Man, it'd a bummer getting so close and not making it.. have gotten the drake on 2 accounts. Only Drake and job-mats on my alt though.

Arabesque

New player with a question about which characters should I go all out and unlock their 3rd jobs?

65eDXOsl.jpg

I have only 3 Animaton, 3 Spirit Particles and 3 Lore Particles, and while I could go ahead and try and farm more particles from today's hunting zones, I am not looking forward to the search for 3 more Animatons (getting it throughout my play through had not been fun) and I feel like I don't have it in me to spend that much stamina on characters that might not be that great. So between the these, who is the better option?

-Bonna or Pupropu?

-Samupí or Bahl?

-Grace or Ma'curi?

I was also going to get Korin to job 3 since he'd been a mainstay in my squad and had gotten me out of a lot bad situations, but is he any good later on in the game? Should I be instead focusing on getting other characters from my PoT?

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Crap, we didn't make it? lol, we were like less than 10k off
I was also going to get Korin to job 3 since he'd been a mainstay in my squad and had gotten me out of a lot bad situations, but is he any good later on in the game? Should I be instead focusing on getting other characters from my PoT?
-Pupropu - You need some kind of magic

-Bahl - better damage

-Ma'curi - better damage

Korin is a solid support and defense unit; investing in him won't be a bad idea. He was one of my first and was great as I ran through the initial amount of chapters.

Arabesque

-Pupropu - You need some kind of magic

-Bahl - better damage

-Ma'curi - better damage

Thanks for the advice. I went like you suggested and got them all to job 3 now. All's left is just level them up.

A question about Bonna. While Grace and Samupí are inferior in damage, should I still consider investing in Bonna if I do end up getting some Animatons in the future? I already have all items to get her all her jobs minus those now.

Korin is a solid support and defense unit; investing in him won't be a bad idea. He was one of my first and was great as I ran through the initial amount of chapters.

Yeah, he was my 3rd role after starting out with Amimari and Grace, and he had been carrying me alongside Amimari since then. Glad to hear he's not that bad to keep on.

Thanks for your help.

HawthorneKitty

Thanks for the advice. I went like you suggested and got them all to level 3 now. All's left is just level it them up.

A question about Bonna. While Grace and Samupí are inferior in damage, should I still consider investing in Bonna if I do end up getting some Animatons in the future? I already have all items to get her all her jobs minus those now.

Yeah, he was my 3rd role after starting out with Amimari and Grace, and he had been carrying me alongside Amimari since then. Glad to hear he's not that bad to keep on.

Thanks for your help.
Just make sure you get Physical Attack x1.5 from Job 2 for Bahl and Ma'c. Bonna is definitely still worth it to invest it, but that's more of a post/side-game thing as she has an EXP buff. As you go through chapters, keeping Grace moderately leveled and getting her 3rd is also a good idea when Baha/Levia come back; that won't be for quite a while though.

duckroll

Yeah, Rikken's will be 50% proc, but I'll bring Samatha too.

Should be 100% proc if we get the power point right. My Samatha^ has +4 control time, so positioning should be easy. Just don't try to go for the kill if the position doesn't look favorable! :)

I'll edit a room number in this post in a bit.

Edit: 27768

- 23985 (Last one!)

used my last 4 stam on coin to finish out the boss monsters

im back to 0 stam but i dont care, one more goal done. now i can either concentrate on everything else, or i can finally start the transition to quit this game.

bragging this deliberate should be a ban worthy offense ;-;

EDIT: done with bosses. nothing but Ss now.

i can now relax and any new PoF monsters are guarantee from now on.

Hige

EDIT: done with bosses. nothing but Ss now.

i can now relax and any new PoF monsters are guarantee from now on.
Make sure to unlock all 3 jobs and level up Suoh/Sheena/Camellia a bit before using dupes to get them to 100%. You get like 5 levels per dupe since they're SS.

duckroll

Damn. Maybe I should really have contributed one more run yesterday. It was probably people like me who failed to hit that final 7k required.

duckroll

I wasn't too worried, figured you had to go. At least, I wasn't worried until I did something totally bone-headed in the final battle, and your Yukken Lambda died. Looool. Was fine in the end with a double pincer though. :)

The dumbest things in TB happen when I stop paying attention. Only a few more runs of chapter 20 left now before Zerro is 80 on all jobs. Chapter 20 is actually pretty fun to run with a party of Lambdas....

kiyoaki

I think there are monsters in 23-10 that get resummoned over and over again that drop those Tails. You could just farm the item there.
My belated thanks for your excellent advice. I've finally unlocked Marilith's second job with some tails to spare.

Aexact

I hate the new WC.

Got wrecked by the fire barriers multiple times. Sometimes Leviathan Z doesn't oneshot the enemies with Glacier (cross). RNG is distressing.

HawthorneKitty

I hate the new WC.

Got wrecked by the fire barriers multiple times. Sometimes Leviathan Z doesn't oneshot the enemies with Glacier (cross). RNG is distressing.
Levia has no chance one-shotting the non-fire monsters. My first try got me a 1:45 with no bonus; having only Lewto sucks. Definitely the hardest, sitting at 1100.

Hige

These last couple of weekly challenges are really making me regret not putting more effort into SBing and recoding Leviathan. -_-

Visceir

Summer greetings 5 energy! Seems like MW had mercy on us about the missing 7k kills, haha.

These last couple of weekly challenges are really making me regret not putting more effort into SBing and recoding Leviathan. -_-

Haha, yeah same. I got plenty of other lambdas to always work around it though.

Still got plenty of tickets left to level Levi/Odin now, but I'll have to wait for them to reappear in arena gain to SB farm them.

Finalow

"there is no way that MW is going to put mz5&6 king in the arena now, let's burn these tickets"

I spent more than 30 tickets yesterday. today I see the mz king in the arena.

goddamn.

Kitoro

Damn, just noticed Terra Battle has fallen down close to 500th place in the top grossing apps on Google Play (anything after 200 or so is approaching flat-line territory). The future doesn't look promising. I really hope they have a huge content release in the wings, as these small spurts of a new unit, chapter, or event every now and then definitely isn't working to keep people interested and spending. :(

duckroll

I think the game is probably going to be done in by 2016. I doubt any of the remaining Download Starter goals will be reached either, unless they manage to do a ton of new territory launches somehow. The team is just too small and slow to keep something like this going.

I just want Matsuno World to be released before they shut it all down. :p

Damn, just noticed Terra Battle has fallen down close to 500th place in the top grossing apps on Google Play (anything after 200 or so is approaching flat-line territory). The future doesn't look promising. I really hope they have a huge content release in the wings, as these small spurts of a new unit, chapter, or event every now and then definitely isn't working to keep people interested and spending. :(
New content won't help.
At this point it's more of a marketing thing.
They have shit-ton of promos in JP though.

Also, coffee mugs in TB shop:

Aexact

Levia has no chance one-shotting the non-fire monsters. My first try got me a 1:45 with no bonus; having only Lewto sucks. Definitely the hardest, sitting at 1100.
I saw the top time videos have Glacier Cross oneshot em so I was trying to copy them. Those guys must've run it a lot to get favorable RNG damage. Copying the top videos is a tricky prospect depending on where the fire barriers spawn though.

Lucc

I saw the top time videos have Glacier Cross oneshot em so I was trying to copy them. Those guys must've run it a lot to get favorable RNG damage. Copying the top videos is a tricky prospect depending on where the fire barriers spawn though.

the Z mage needs to help with column and corner attacks on floor 2. That's not a 1 shot. Levi should be able to 1 shot the fire mobs with his cross attack on floor 3 though.

HawthorneKitty

Stage 2, the cross does only at most around 50% of the slug HP; most are supplemented with Pizfer ^ or other column skills.

yami4ct

I think a lot of it has to do with the structure of the game. Individual characters are good enough that once you get a good one of each class, you don't really need to get more. There's very little reason to spend energy on more characters besides cool art and optimization. Characters also only being a 1 a piece thing sort of cuts the dupe situation down and kills that market for energy. S/L really cuts out all the market for continue energy. This game really doesn't give you that much reason to spend money other than supporting the game, liking the art or really wanting to kill it in Weekly Challenges.

oh crap i messed up!

i forgot that seiryu was also part of PoF and he gets 6 levels per pull/10% SB

I haven't opened up his 3rd job, so that's 6 levels wasted.

and eh requires at LEAST lv 40 for guaranteed 90 :eek:

duckroll

I think a lot of it has to do with the structure of the game. Individual characters are good enough that once you get a good one of each class, you don't really need to get more. There's very little reason to spend energy on more characters besides cool art and optimization. Characters also only being a 1 a piece thing sort of cuts the dupe situation down and kills that market for energy. S/L really cuts out all the market for continue energy. This game really doesn't give you that much reason to spend money other than supporting the game, liking the art or really wanting to kill it in Weekly Challenges.

I agree with this, but to add to that, I think there are other factors that work against the game when it comes to either getting more whales or just having consistent income from regular players dropping cash into the game.

The way the game is designed is way too traditional. It's great for players like me who like this sort of thing, but it's balanced such that once you've managed to clear the main 30 chapters in the game, there's no more pressure to build a super strong team. There's almost no culture of competitiveness in the game, which is good for people who just want to enjoy the game, but terrible for monetization via social hooks. There are no super-hard versions of each stage. There were no leaderboards until they added Weekly Challenges recently. And special content events give players free characters who are actually pretty good, instead of forcing them to spend money to succeed.

Another factor is that the way they release new characters into the pay pool is really poorly thought out if the intention is to encourage players to spend money to try to pull them. They tend to release brand new characters very rarely, and one at a time - in the last few months it was just Invincible and Seiryu. The only ones they have released in batches are the recodes. Since they can be recoded, and there's actually more benefit in recoding them because of the skill boost, players who spend a good amount of time on the game and who actually want to use those characters would be more excited to recode characters they already have than to pull a recoded character fresh.

It's odd that in the original batch of characters we see that they designed a lot of pairs or groups of characters with story and design connections - the Upi clan, the four SS mages, Puprope and Pupropu (later Pupru too), Rikken and Yukken, the Stonefolk kids, etc. But yet for new characters being added, they've mostly avoided doing that. I think that if they created a set of say 6 new characters who are part of a group with interconnected stories and a similar theme in their character design, with good skill synergy gimmicks, and they put up a bonus pull % for those 6 characters for the first week or so, that would be a huge incentive for people to throw a few dollars their way for more pulls, and whales would want to "complete" the set.

Visceir

Would be interesting to see at what point most people have dropped the game.

They have been really sluggish and slow with the updates since summer. I'll probably still keep on playing it, but it's a shame to see it withering away.

Still no new niconico stream announced yet~

yami4ct

Another factor is that the way they release new characters into the pay pool is really poorly thought out if the intention is to encourage players to spend money to try to pull them. They tend to release brand new characters very rarely, and one at a time - in the last few months it was just Invincible and Seiryu. The only ones they have released in batches are the recodes. Since they can be recoded, and there's actually more benefit in recoding them because of the skill boost, players who spend a good amount of time on the game and who actually want to use those characters would be more excited to recode characters they already have than to pull a recoded character fresh.

I hadn't thought of that, but a Pantheon system like PAD uses would've definitely help create new character urgency. It also would've made a ton of sense given the lore focus of this game. Release a full set of themed, lore related characters at once with complementary gameplay mechanisms that encourage you to own all of them. Imagine instead of the Pupropé/Gegonago lambda set, we got a full new set of SS or even Z's with a bunch of related skills and new lore. Do a + pull event at the same time and I guarantee we would've seen a huge influx of new energy buyers.

The focus on recoding definitely doesn't help, either. Upgrading old characters to keep up with power creep is a very important thing for player retention, but Terra Battle's power creep is pretty much solely generated by those recodes. The game's character set is way too small to focus back inward on upgrades.

Finalow

fuck the new WC, somehow I can't get a decent time. Levi^ at 90 doesn't help as much as I thought, might as well use someone else.

HawthorneKitty

fuck the new WC, somehow I can't get a decent time. Levi^ at 90 doesn't help as much as I thought, might as well use someone else.
I think it's all you really need; sitting at 452 (1:25). Stage 1 is free with any units. Stage two, you need either a Z mage or row attack. Stage 3 is all Levia ^ and then 4 is a freebie. I cleared with Seiryu, Odin ^, Samatha^ and Levia ^. Of course there is some rng with the fire walls that pop up.

Meeps

The weekly challenge really comes down to luck with the fire traps. I finally got 1:50 and made a Kamcord account just to knock it down to 1:47, haha.

Top Bottom