• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker/Hironobu Sakaguchi's Terra Battle |OT| Season 2 has been unleashed!

Visceir

Don't mindlessly tap your way through coin pacts like I did — I accidentally used up 25 energy the other day, whoops.

What characters are you guys leveling up to 90 outside of lambdas, good SS units, and the holy trinity (Bahl/Ma'curi/S'naip)? I have a ton of characters in the 65 to low 70's range and I just don't feel interested in leveling most of them when I can bring a team of lambdas to wreck everything. I'm working on Suoh right now and might level up Ka'pori/Djugan/Manmer, but I'm not sure what to focus on next.

Haha, yea I've had that fear. Only tap the upper part of your screen and you should be somewhat safe~

I've only leveled those that I have been using or would use. Rikken, Zael, Zuzu, Sheena, Suoh, the holy trinity, Gatz... and most of the characters that can spawn capsules.

Figured it's always easy enough to level them later on when there's a need and most with low SB are useless anyway.

duckroll

I mindlessly tapped through coin pulls once and Almost blew energy too. It got as far as the envelop because I snapped out of it and tapped the back arrow. Lol.

I'm having tons of fun making the most of the co-op stamina event now after creating an account on the Terra Battle Forums. Me, vis and another guy did a Lamia run yesterday. Sogood. :)

Is the boost bonus for recoding 20% or 40% (assuming both 100% monsters)?

I'm still a ways away, but if it's 20%, I might wait until dragons come back and pump them up a little first; 40% would be "good enough" to just do it.

wait are otomos out?
No, I think they are just preemptively getting coins for them.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Is the boost bonus for recoding 20% or 40% (assuming both 100% monsters)?

I'm still a ways away, but if it's 20%, I might wait until dragons come back and pump them up a little first; 40% would be "good enough" to just do it.

No, I think they are just preemptively getting coins for them.
It's 20% per, so 40% altogether.

yami4ct

I mindlessly tapped through coin pulls once and Almost blew energy too. It got as far as the envelop because I snapped out of it and tapped the back arrow. Lol.

Did the exact same thing a couple weeks ago. Luckily I got a Olber out of it, but I was still pretty pissed.

I've got enough good characters at this point that I think I'm gonna shift my energy use strictly to Otomo. I'm really interested to see how that system turns out. Wonder if there will be Otomo pull events like we get with characters right now?

Visceir

Did the exact same thing a couple weeks ago. Luckily I got a Olber out of it, but I was still pretty pissed.

I've got enough good characters at this point that I think I'm gonna shift my energy use strictly to Otomo. I'm really interested to see how that system turns out. Wonder if there will be Otomo pull events like we get with characters right now?

If there won't be one right off the bat then I wouldn't expect one for the upcoming next months.

There's a really informative post on buddies on terrabattleforums, seems to explain what most buddies do. To be honest I'm not really interested in more than half of them. Fingers crossed I get one of the good ones~

I've got 50 energy saved up, hope with the upcoming weekly challenge and daily bonuses I can get it to 60 for 2x 10 buddy pull.

I just realized Coin Creeps is 40+, so I took my dragon team into it.

Then I realized that team didn't have coin girl, so I put her in, which bumped the monsters levels up by ten (!).

I can still one-shot everything except for a few things hit by cross-fire, so that's good.

I might blow some tickets to get dragons up to fifty today.

Lucc

and again Levi, Baha and Odin are the MVPs. MW probably noticed that, too. Hope that's not a reason to delay them.

Finalow

still managed to get the free energy and probably less than rank 5000 by the end of it, however Levi^ or Baha^ can't oneshot the minions with the cross attack consistently at all, not even sure why.

so I guess, again, for a really good time you need SS mages.

Falk

that puzzling face
Fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinally 2.3 mil hit, come on, full-blown SS tavern recruit from Kozaki please.

image.php

Visceir

When is the Otome stuff coming I'm trying to not use the 20 energy I saved up but it's hard

Hopefully tomorrow.

I was browsing around Terra Battle old facebook posts and came across this
That's one of the designs they are using for buddies :eek:

Also this post: link
"Cyber Keroran:

Adorable? Deadly? Why not both?!

The Gooch is a big fan of this little guy."

I don't recall seeing this monster in game, hmm.

duckroll

Nice catch vis! I'm sure there's a bunch of pre-production ideas and scrapped designs for the game. It's pretty cool to see such stuff repurposed for new content down the line. :)

correojon

What´s the best way to level up Baha, Levi and Odin to 80? Should I keep on levelling them up with MZs and 20-1 or is it better to just wait for their events and try to capture them? I have Yukken with NegPro so capturing them shouldn´t be too difficult I guess.

duckroll

You don't get any levels from capturing them, just skill boost. Depending on how low their skill boost is, it might be worth waiting for the next round so you can get their skill boost up to 100% before recoding them. If you level them all up to 80/80/80 and have all the materials ready, you should be able to easily get them up to 100%, recode, and then capture them again and get the new ones up to 100% again, having both versions of each to use.

HawthorneKitty

What´s the best way to level up Baha, Levi and Odin to 80? Should I keep on levelling them up with MZs and 20-1 or is it better to just wait for their events and try to capture them? I have Yukken with NegPro so capturing them shouldn´t be too difficult I guess.
Capturing them again only raises their B% and no levels, so yeah, the doldrums of MZ and 20-1 are the most efficient. Run 23-4 if you get sick of 20-1.

correojon

OK, I´ll keep at powerlevelling then, I already have Odin at lvl88 in one job, the rest are all at 50ish so I have a while to go.

I may prioritize recoding Yukken though so she´d be more useful during the events.

Thanks guys!

duckroll

Lvl88 is a waste. You only need them at 80/80/80 if you want to recode. Remember, once you recode it goes back to lvl1. When you capture a new one after recode that's when you want to level it beyond 80 because you would actually want to use that one.

correojon

Yeah, he got so high because I was using him in my regular team before recoding was a thing. Besides that I used him as support for MZs and Coin Creeps before I got Zerro and Jenish so I wanted him to be as strong as possible.

Visceir

New patch hype! Should be getting it tonight

Using Chaos 2 eidolon co-op battles to level up past lvl 70 is still an option. It's not as effective as it was with the 1/2 stamina event, but still about the same exp as 20-1 and only takes ~2 min if you have someone to carry you through the battle (just turn to terrabattleforum chat to find carries)

Finalow

Do you have units with cross or at least column attacks? With a double pincer on the boss and a power point you can kill everything in a single turn.
only baha^ and levi^ but they can't kill them with only one cross attack, they barely take half of their hp.

duckroll

only baha^ and levi^ but they can't kill them with only one cross attack, they barely take half of their hp.

My strategy is to have Odin^ and Levi^ (2x cross, 2x column) on the right side, with Zerro^ and Puprope^ (2x pincer area column) on the left side. Takes him out in one turn. But... errr.... yeah I guess that's a full Z team. >_<

I'm sure there are other tactics though. Do you have U'nasag? He has a ice column attack at lvl15. Maybe that might help? If you really lack column attacks, you might not want to split Baha and Levi up and focus them on one side of the pincer, that way at least 2 enemies are taken out with the boss.

kiyoaki

I'm ready. I've not much energy, but I saved up some coins, and I'll start by pulling 100 or so trash-class otomo just to see where this gets me.

Manatox

I hate any and all Push Notifications... I hope there will be a way to turn them all off, since i delete everything that gives me push notifications without me wanting to (I didn't see a place to turn it off yet). I would hate to have to delete this game because of this >.<

HawthorneKitty

I hate any and all Push Notifications... I hope there will be a way to turn them all off, since i delete everything that gives me push notifications without me wanting to (I didn't see a place to turn it off yet). I would hate to have to delete this game because of this >.<
Guessing you're not ios?

OMG Aero

I assume the push notifications are just going to be for things like the what's new messages but it would be cool if you could, say, set it to a specific metal zone or something rather than having to keep track of stuff like that yourself.

Visceir

One of the new units doesn't look too amazing :(

One is a SS healer with heal all and the other is a physical sword unit with 500 atk (about the same as having 1.5x atk). They're alright for what they are.

Just read a post (rumour) saying that the update will go live on friday and not tonight :(

HawthorneKitty

One is a SS healer with heal all and the other is a physical sword unit with 500 atk (about the same as having 1.5x atk). They're alright for what they are.

Just read a post (rumour) saying that the update will go live on friday and not tonight :(
I was hoping that they'd get a cool unique skill because I love the idea of units integral to the story and the fact they aren't given to you like Palpa got my hopes up. Oh well, at least both the poison Otomos are in PoF.

Bah. The "it's happening" gif was premature.

Starting to hate datamine stuff. I've avoided it, but everyone else...
Zero surprise when it's unlocked, and people already debating which Otomo sucks and all.

Top Bottom