• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker/Hironobu Sakaguchi's Terra Battle |OT| Season 2 has been unleashed!

Alright, just finished Ch 34.
Final boss is no joke.
Protip: Forget fire attacks. No ice mobs.

I like how they didn't call it Part 2 at the end.
(since it's mostly all a side story)

Arabesque

Did 10x three times, got one SS Buddy, 4 S ranks, and a bunch of A's and B's. Tried the 10x coin pact one, but ended up with Lightning Rod (C), Shadow Helmet and Darkling Wand as my best pulls with the rest being crap, so I didn't bother with it anymore. Seems like the CoT pulls are the best option here.

SS Rank:

Bow of Genji

S Rank:

Dragon
Sun Spirit
Dragon's Shield
Golem's Shield

A Rank:

Scaling Sword
Masamune
Champion's Shield
Dracuan Knife
Frog's Chronicle
2x Rat Buckler
Dark Karma
Mythrill Rod

B Rank:

Healing Wand
Silver Sword
Shield of Oaths
Golem's Fan
King's Fan
Faerie's Fan
Dragon's Fan
Skullsplitter
Combat Shield
Ice Shield
Lightning Rod
2x Shadow Shield
2x Golem's Talisman
Demon's Talisman
Hiso's Talisman

I'm considering spending money to replenish some energy and just pull from PoT to try my luck.

Arabesque

Decided to just blow my remaining energy on CoT pulls instead.

Results:

S Rank
Avengers
King's Shield

A Rank
Electromagnetic Staff
Another Dark Karma

B Rank
Miasma Blade
Inferno Staff

hnCDKF9.jpg

I'll figure out if I want to spend money later for energy. Wasn't using what I had last week since I didn't feel like I needed it anyways.

5 S+ in 30 pulls ? Lucky. :O
Very good odds compared to most people.

Yeah, those are pretty good haha. Topping off with the last 2 from my remaining energy makes me feel like it was okay, though the question is which ones are worth investing in now.

I dunno, the buddy's themselves don't make me feel as excited about getting them as the characters from PoT, even if they look nice.

Meh. Just wait for next PoT event, or when they release more characters.

Yeah, that is a better idea. I still have characters I need to level up/unlock to Job 3 as is, so I'll just spend my time doing that until the event rolls by.

vladisaac

Currently at 28 energies. I'll pull Otomos in 2 days.
And I've just spent 72 Stamina for 34-4... completely forgot that I could reset the game to restart the chapter...
I had so much trouble clearing the mobs. The turn with the boss' Blizzard All combined with the mobs attacks is so hard to survive.

OMG Aero

By far the worst part of the companion system is that hardly any of them are actually companions.
Fuck all the random swords and shields, I want cool pets.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
By far the worst part of the companion system is that hardly any of them are actually companions.
Fuck all the random swords and shields, I want cool pets.
I think all the art is pretty cool/cute... at S rank +.
Love it when they incorporate parts of existing characters, wish they did it more.

I think I am not too far from clearing monsters from Pact of Fellowship.

It sounds like I wouldn't be missing too much if I hold off on pulling companions for another month, eh?

HawthorneKitty

Haha.
Welp, there's our wanted hard content.
Tried with 3 different teams. Got melted.

I guess I should level these Otomos, but even then I don't think they'll help much.
Nvm, I was just dumb and didn't bring the most obvious unit... the prize isn't even that good, but it was a nice challenge, took me 20-30 min. I can see myself running this for the fun of it.

HawthorneKitty

What they need to do in the near future:

- Add Hard Mode for every boss fight.
- Don't have a 12 hour lock.
- Add decent reward. (+energy)

I think just that would be a good time waster while they add in the new content.
Energy might be pushing it, but I'd like something like every day there is a single hard mode boss and clearing it drops 1/7 of a ticket for Companion recruit; get 7 and you get 1 pull and you must use it before you can get another one. That sounds selfish as an endgame player maybe...

Falk

that puzzling face
Think I've adequately organized my thoughts on this game, finally.

I like it, it's got a really strong start. However, there isn't much to do with the endgame.

The above point is glaringly Captain Obvious levels of observation. I apologize.

The actual problem, though, is that instead of more content to beat, (which takes time and resources, yes I fully understand) we get more things to grind. We get a raised cap to 90. We get Lambdas. We get more Lambdas out of monsters that are required as Lambda mats. We get Descendeds, which now become Lambdas.

That's all fine and dandy for people who like grinding for the sake of seeing bigger numbers. The end result of months upon months of this, however, is a growing gap between those who are a-OK with grinding, and those who just want more content. The power level difference between people who have a bunch of 90 Lambdas, and those that don't, is massive. At this point, when you actually do push new content out, it's either too easy for the hardcore, or too hard for the non-hardcore.

There are two solutions to that: 1) Pit players against each other with a good matchmaking or league system, or in the case of PVE, a weekly ranking challenge, which gives them something to do. 2) Have all future content beefy enough that there's a corresponding difficulty or thing to aim for for all classifications of player.

In 2)'s case, Terra Battle has been self-defeating in the past few months since the lack of overall content over time means whatever comes out is targeted at one or the other. tl;dr for a successful business model, you need to recruit new players, AND retain the current ones. Terra Battle is in a really weird spot where their finite resources has to be split between these two, and the grinds (resulting in mudflating power caps) introduced into the game makes the two objectives more and more of a pair of conflicting goals.

I think my big beef with the Buddy system is that it only half-solves it. Yes, short term it gives all walks of player something to do which increases party power level. Long term, it's yet another grind on top of the ones already in the game which is just going to widen the gap without any (current) meaningful way to make use of it.

Hard Modes for all existing content would go quite a ways to alleviating that, I agree. Make each chapter's Hard Mode equivalent to the difficutly of maybe 5 chapters on, with decent rewards, and suddenly players at any point of progression have more to do.

Finalow

holy fuck the TERRA GRIND is much more real than I thought.

"hey I got 30 metal buddies, I think I can upgrade a couple of C otomos and a B one too with those"

I could barely get one C to B. goddamn they need so much exp.

edit: ok, A metal buddies give 50k exp, which is pretty insane. best way would be to get 4 of those and do a single upgrade, otherwise you might even waste 20k+ coins in upgrading a C or B otomo if you just feed him with B metal buddies. I only got 1 A out of 20 runs in MZ4 so yeah. (15% lol)
using other buddies like tears and D rank garbage for upgrading seems like a huge waste of coins.

Visceir

holy fuck the TERRA GRIND is much more real than I thought.

"hey I got 30 metal buddies, I think I can upgrade a couple of C otomos and a B one too with those"

I could barely get one C to B. goddamn they need so much exp.

edit: ok, A metal buddies give 50k exp, which is pretty insane. best way would be to get 4 of those and do a single upgrade, otherwise you might even waste 20k+ coins in upgrading a C or B otomo if you just feed him with B metal buddies. I only got 1 A out of 20 runs in MZ4 so yeah. (15% lol)
using other buddies like tears and D rank garbage for upgrading seems like a huge waste of coins.

The B rank metal buddies give 3000 exp, the A rank buddies give 50 000 exp. Huge gap. With B/A rank buddies I didn't even bother upgrading them unless I had an A rank metal buddy, as the cost to upgrade it was like 5000 - 8000 coin and you maybe didnt even get a level from the 12000 exp that 4 B rank metal buddies give you.

I'm sure you could somehow reduce the cost if you leveled those buddies first (as upgrading lower level buddies is much cheaper), but it might take some time for people to figure out an optimal route and write a guide.

Also -- the Hiso tear and another low level Hiso buddy gave surprisingly large amount of exp for the rank they were, so use those to upgrade rather than selling them. I think someone even said that it would be optimal to level them to rank 7 and 15 first before feeding them to other buddies.

I've gotten one A rank buddy to S rank and a couple of C rank buddies to B rank.

Edit: missed your edit, lol

Finalow

yes I saw that the Hiso ones give more exp. still I think I'll just grind metal zones for metal otomos-otomo-buddies-companions.
I should decide what name I want to use before posting tbh

Needs to be level capped to evolve.
Then evolved Otomo starts back at level 1.

Gotcha, wasn't clear since the evolve stuff was all accessible even though I wasn't capped.

I wound up with 5 S ranks from 2x 10 pulls from my saved up energry.

Shooting Star
Blood Blade
Gungnir
Stone Shield
Fairie

I think Gungnir becomes an SS, but Shooting Star, Blood Blade, Stone Shield, and Faerie don't evolve.

duckroll

Cleared 34-4. That was a cute fight. I actually wasted 24 stamina because the first time I did it, I heard about confusion, brought Kana, specifically tuned her equipped skills, but because I'm a dumbass I mixed up Locomotion and Clarity. Lol. :(

Now that I've made some progress in Chapter 34, time to spend the rest of the weekend getting more coins so I can waste them on pulling totally worthless Companions! Yeah!!! :(

Kitoro

Are there still no reasonable methods of reliably farming Wisps of Jealousy?

I pulled an Invincible months ago, and he's just been slumped over in the corner since Wisps of Jealousy were ridiculously hard to come by.

Visceir

I pulled an Invincible months ago, and he's just been slumped over in the corner since Wisps of Jealousy were ridiculously hard to come by.

Haven't even tried to farm those items and I have 60 of them. Must be from all the 6-8 I've run for metal tickets.

I kinda wish they would have made it so that you can get a C class buddy all the way up to SS and turn it into ragnarok with enough time and work put into it. I like how I can turn a B class buddy into an S and have it eventually give +80 atk/matk. even if my CoT pulls were awful.

3-1 is the cheapest stamina wise with most monsters dropping wisps. (1% chance ea.).
6-2 is also good.

It's still recommended to wait for the bonus item days via calendar:
Daily Bonus Calendar

I kinda wish they would have made it so that you can get a C class buddy all the way up to SS and turn it into ragnarok with enough time and work put into it. I like how I can turn a B class buddy into an S and have it eventually give +80 atk/matk. even if my CoT pulls were awful.
Pretty obvious why they don't allow it.
Gotta leave some stuff for $$$.
(and we both know people would stop pulling if we could upgrade that much)

Cleared 34-4. That was a cute fight.
That art though. Flashback from Neverending Story.

What's the trick to 31-1, I get wrecked in 2 turns.

I'm starting to feel really stamina restricted. I wouldn't mind hard mode of the original story with just the levels (and maybe drop rate) bumped up quite a bit if it gave a bit more stam.

vladisaac

What's the trick to 31-1, I get wrecked in 2 turns.

Get Proto on the tiles next to the boss. When the boss swallow heavy characters, it will spit them and receive damages while your characters don't receive anything.

I do not dislike the satisfaction of my 10x pulls of Companions haha!
B Rank: Miasma Blade, Faerie's Talisman, Shadow Shield, Bewitching Bow, Hiso's Fan, Pig's Talisman
A Rank: Memorial Bow
S Rank: Arctic Spirit
SS Rank: Rune, Staff of Apollo
Does anyone know what's the purpose of Miasma Blade and Memorial Bow ?

HawthorneKitty

Get Proto on the tiles next to the boss. When the boss swallow heavy characters, it will spit them and receive damages while your characters don't receive anything.

B Rank: Miasma Blade, Faerie's Talisman, Shadow Shield, Bewitching Bow, Hiso's Fan, Pig's Talisman
That's 31-10, 31-1 is just needing good enough units, serves as a gatekeeper of sorts.

Those companions evolve into something usable.

linkent

Is the Hard Mode 34-10 timed like metal zone?
Dont have the chance to do it yet.

For OTOMOS, there are some better left unevolved.
Especially,
Bewitching Bow(B?) it give 10% MATK buff(2turns)
It will become Mythril Bow(A?) which is an equip 5% MATK buff+buff(5%?)

Same with the Physical version.

Bewitching bow seems to be the best equip for the SS/Z Mages.

HawthorneKitty

Especially,

Yeah, it's twice every day for an hour intervals starting 0 UTC and 12 UTC; there is no indication, just start the level. Just did my final run clocking at 18 min.

Visceir

Miasma Blade gives flat +atk when upgraded (max is 30, I think), you can also evolve it all the way up to S rank where it gives +80 atk flat. Memorial bow is the same, only for matk. There are also similar buddies for def and mdef.

Especially,

Physical version is skullsplitter, which gives +10% atk. If you level them to max they'll proc 100% of the time, so yea...def better than their evolved versions as you can just stack them over and over.

The flat damage atk/matk will still probably be better for level capped stages.

HawthorneKitty

You already beat hard mode ?
You must have the ultimate dream team Z lineup.

I'm missing all the recommended guys: Gego, Samatha, Olber, Koko
;_;
Yeah, the team I used was Samatha^, Ma'curi or S'naip, Olber^, Amimari, Lewto^ and Zuzu

The +4 seconds is critical at times since I don't have Gego, but Evasion is #1.

Visceir

If you want some extra energy then follow the guide here and cast the vote for #37 (Samatha). If she ranks in top 10 we will get 1 energy, top 3 will gain us 3 energy and first spot 5 energy.

It's some kind of Dengeki Beauty Girls 2015 contest.

If you want some extra energy then follow the guide here and cast the vote for #37 (Samatha). If she ranks in top 10 we will get 1 energy, top 3 will gain us 3 energy and first spot 5 energy.

It's some kind of Dengeki Beauty Girls 2015 contest.
Not to sound like a Mistwalker fanboy, but after looking at the whole list, it feels like the TB girls got the better art overall.

I doubt we'll win against the top tier jp games though (Divine Gate, etc).

lol, so I spent (all) 180 of my energy, for... 0 SS and 4 S... T_T (I did get a bunch of A though)

I got Rat's shield, 2 Arctic Spirit, and Shooting Star

Alright, I won't ever pull companion from CoT again, just gonna save my energy for PoT characters

Alright, I won't ever pull companion from CoT again, just gonna save my energy for PoT characters
Overall consensus is that the "double S drop rate" is trash compared to an event that guarantees S+ with a 10 pull. You just did a 6x10 pull and only got 4 S.

I'll wait for such event before I pull Otomos again.

OMG Aero

The coin creeps are at the arena for half stamina until Thursday so I hope you guys like grinding money for three days straight.

Top Bottom