• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker/Hironobu Sakaguchi's Terra Battle |OT| Season 2 has been unleashed!

Falk

that puzzling face
Man, I'm even at the point I couldn't be arsed with the weekly challenge placings. I just get the two targets and that's it. :|

correojon

So, I was levelling Rejin to 80 on all jobs, getting all the materials, levelling to 50 and boosting the required monsters to 100% for recode so I could use him in MZ6 to help level up other characters with his gravity skill. At the same time I was finishing with PoF. Once I have everything and recoded him to Z, I make a PoF pull and get Seiryu who also has gravity. I didn´t know you could him from PoF. Now it´s much easir to level up Seiryu, as both have gravity at level 80 but I will be able to get Seiryu to 80/80/80 and 100% with PoF pulls.

Conclusion: all the hard work recoding Rejin for nothing X(

Aexact

Might be worthwhile to use the Disarmer on the WC, lets you bypass the fire traps.

Sometimes Pizfer^ and Leviathan^ fail to kill the slugs on stage 2 so I've had to send one extra person with an area attack for safety.

Baliis

Might be worthwhile to use the Disarmer on the WC, lets you bypass the fire traps.

Sometimes Pizfer^ and Leviathan^ fail to kill the slugs on stage 2 so I've had to send one extra person with an area attack for safety.

Lol thanks for that, pushed me to 1:47. Would been better, but I got a little screwed by the power point spawn and took an extra round to kill the boss. If I could one shot stage 2 I think I could push it pretty low.

Visceir

Finally finished up Ch33. Forgot you get a stamina refill at the end, oops~

110 max stamina now and +1 energy, neat~ Should have saved the stamina refill for something more important though.

Don't really have much to spend stamina on currently other than leveling lambdas and slowly getting them to lvl 80+

Also got odin/levi all jobs to lvl 70+ thanks to the arena event. Really tired of running MZ6k now.

Finalow

33-9 was honestly hard to finish, now I'm waiting on 33-10 because I don't really need a stam refill.

I think it's all you really need; sitting at 452 (1:25). Stage 1 is free with any units. Stage two, you need either a Z mage or row attack. Stage 3 is all Levia ^ and then 4 is a freebie. I cleared with Seiryu, Odin ^, Samatha^ and Levia ^. Of course there is some rng with the fire walls that pop up.
stage 2 sucks for me, I can't kill them in one turn or if I do it takes forever because I need 3 pincers, meaning pincering everyone. Levi^ doesn't kill with only the cross attack.
the boss stage is also awful because unless I set up before (and I don't) I can't touch the boss for the first turn since I focus on killing all the mobs. can't get less than 1:40, maybe I need to watch some vids. nor that I care too much right now unless I get out of top 5000.
I wish I had Samatha^ or Odin^ for these WC.

duckroll

Haven't even tried the Weekly Challenge yet. Saving it for the weekend I guess. I'm not either half done with chapter 33 either. But Zerro^ is now up to lvl57, and should be >lvl70 once I burn stamina on the upcoming MZ5 King and then burn all my remaining Metal Tickets on MZ6 King. The timing couldn't be more perfect. :D

i think I'll save recoding Puprope until way later. No need to rush it, and I have a feeling in 2 weeks time or so there'll be more shit to do again. Wonder what the big hold up on Versus Mode is...

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
33-9 was honestly hard to finish, now I'm waiting on 33-10 because I don't really need a stam refill.

stage 2 sucks for me, I can't kill them in one turn or if I do it takes forever because I need 3 pincers, meaning pincering everyone. Levi^ doesn't kill with only the cross attack.
the boss stage is also awful because unless I set up before (and I don't) I can't touch the boss for the first turn since I focus on killing all the mobs. can't get less than 1:40, maybe I need to watch some vids. nor that I care too much right now unless I get out of top 5000.
I wish I had Samatha^ or Odin^ for these WC.
You should definitely be watching some top vids; Levia with two Crosses might be able to kill Stage 2 slugs and its position in stage 3 directly leads to a pincer on the boss on turn 1 along with another pincer on the mobs.
The WCs have definitely been carried mostly by Baha/Levia/Odin^ for me.

im starting to think heartwood wand is a fake.

2 full stams on 22-5 and jack squat. and when he does decide to drop something every 80+ stam, its a damn sea tear

correojon

im starting to think heartwood wand is a fake.

2 full stams on 22-5 and jack squat. and when he does decide to drop something every 80+ stam, its a damn sea tear

I needed one yesterday for Seiryu and got it in my 2nd try, so keep trying!

Any advice for MZ6King? What units are you guys using (apart from the ones you want to level up)?

HawthorneKitty

Great, thanks. I already have a Z mage, need to level up Seiryu to 80 in a rush so I can use Gravity. I suppose Gravity will stop the metal bots from retaliating when hit with magic attacks, right?
Yeah, it's essentially 100% paralyze with damage over time; too strong.

duckroll

I don't have Seiryu, but I do MZ6K runs with whatever character I want, Lewto^, and Samatha^. Samatha's time control +4 is great for positioning around the tricky mirrors.

correojon

I don't have Seiryu, but I do MZ6K runs with whatever character I want, Lewto^, and Samatha^. Samatha's time control +4 is great for positioning around the tricky mirrors.

But is it worth it? I tried doing it with Ma´curi and Odin so I could also kill the mirrors, but they take too much damage and I can´t kill everything (mobs, runners and mirrors) so some of them end escaping and I wasn´t getting more Exp than in MZ5. I haven´t tried it with the King, tho.

Staab

MZ 6 is so weird to be honest, sometimes I get 200k exp, sometimes 600k, rarely 800k.
For the Stamina it costs I feel like it's really bad.
I don't kill the mirrors though, no gravity guy so far...

duckroll

But is it worth it? I tried doing it with Ma´curi and Odin so I could also kill the mirrors, but they take too much damage and I can´t kill everything (mobs, runners and mirrors) so some of them end escaping and I wasn´t getting more Exp than in MZ5. I haven´t tried it with the King, tho.

There's no need to kill the mirrors. It's definitely worth it, especially King. Without the King, if you're good at positioning and not super unlucky, you can probably walk away with 300k+ in a run. With King, I usually average 500-600k. With exp capsule on King, usually >800k.

correojon

There's no need to kill the mirrors. It's definitely worth it, especially King. Without the King, if you're good at positioning and not super unlucky, you can probably walk away with 300k+ in a run. With King, I usually average 500-600k. With exp capsule on King, usually >800k.

With the King I´m getting +500k in every run, so it seems it isn´t really worth it without killing the mirrors.

Edit: I mean +500k in MZ5

sometimes the mirrors set themselves up in such a way that i only make ~200k exp cause otherwise they kill my characters

as for HEARTWOOD WAND @ 22-5.... i'm now in my 3rd straight day doing nothing by 22-5 and jack squat. i have leveled an Odin j3 from 72-80 in full 6 man team just on 22-5.

i wish i could trade the 20+ heartwood swords i have for a single wand.

duckroll

With the King I´m getting +500k in every run, so it seems it isn´t really worth it without killing the mirrors.

Edit: I mean +500k in MZ5

I don't think you understand the purpose of MZ6 though. It's not about it being "better" than MZ5. It's about it being better than running Ch20 or Ch23-4 over and over, when leveling a character who is around lvl60-69. This is almost exclusively about recoded characters, because they're the only ones who learn their last skills at lvl80. So that push to >70 is important.

I'm starting the process of recoding Koko and Zerro, not going to rush it though, no need to.

I still haven't completed the story mode (unlocked Chapter 30 today since 29 had double items).

I've been Metal Zoning my dragons to move them to Coin Creeps for skill boosting, but it's probably better to wait until they come back and do it that way?

I'm starting the process of recoding Koko and Zerro, not going to rush it though, no need to.

I still haven't completed the story mode (unlocked Chapter 30 today since 29 had double items).

I've been Metal Zoning my dragons to move them to Coin Creeps for skill boosting, but it's probably better to wait until they come back and do it that way?

dragons' cross-all skills are very useful in coin creeps. have all three on it covers a lot of real estate on map. particularly Odins since its not based on elements so it can hit harder at lower levels. but bahamut can ohko most everything except a P point charged mob.

dragons' cross-all skills are very useful in coin creeps. have all three on it covers a lot of real estate on map. particularly Odins since its not based on elements so it can hit harder at lower levels. but bahamut can ohko most everything except a P point charged mob.
I'm less concerned about clearing it quick than giving easy Skill Boosts to other characters.

Although the dragons had a low drop rate, like 20%/30%? Still better than 0.2% a clip, at least.

correojon

I don't think you understand the purpose of MZ6 though. It's not about it being "better" than MZ5. It's about it being better than running Ch20 or Ch23-4 over and over, when leveling a character who is around lvl60-69. This is almost exclusively about recoded characters, because they're the only ones who learn their last skills at lvl80. So that push to >70 is important.

Oh, OK, you´re right on that. I was levelling Seiryu from Lvl20ish so I was just trying to use the Metal Zone that would give more exp.

Foolworm

Can't seem to break the 1:30 mark for this week's WC thanks to bean shenanigans and butterfingers. I could probably make 1:25 otherwise (currently at 1:32).

Edit: Well, the stars aligned and I shaved 10 seconds of my time. That should do it.

Ducky, how's the SG50 atmosphere like?

ok im desperate now.

the whole week ive been doing nothing but 22-5 and not a single wand drop.

i'm going to swallow my pride and ask: can i co-op with someone that has TH? i can't take it anymore!

duckroll

ok im desperate now.

the whole week ive been doing nothing but 22-5 and not a single wand drop.

i'm going to swallow my pride and ask: can i co-op with someone that has TH? i can't take it anymore!

If no one is around with two Treasure Hunters, I guess I can bring Gatz.

Finalow

so buddy system confirmed to be in this next stream but I want to some fucking new lambda announcements, it's about fucking time they give more SS units a chance to be as OP as the other SS lambdas.

If no one is around with two Treasure Hunters, I guess I can bring Gatz.

that would help greatly! what time are you available?

im good most of the day till 7pm est (its 2:25pm est now)

EDIT: speak of the devil, i got a wand just as i finished typing this ._.

duckroll

that would help greatly! what time are you available?

im good most of the day till 7pm est (its 2:25pm est now)

EDIT: speak of the devil, i got a wand just as i finished typing this ._.

Urban myth confirmed: If you complain enough about the RNG on forums, you will get your drop! Congrats. :)

Visceir

Haven't been doing much TBing in the past few days, did collect my 300 day login bonus and am really close to 50 energy again tho.

Rather curious how much grind the new buddy system will introduce.

Are you going to get the first issue of that magazine, Duckroll? :D

so here i am.

with the prospect of finally finishing PoF and having nothing but adventurers and high level characters at my disposal with 100% sb!

finally, only a few more runs and i can tick off one of the main goals of the game. only a few more runs....

and god-damn JAGUNA is sucking up all my gold cause she's only like 10% sb and the game considers her a rare drop.

yami4ct

so buddy system confirmed to be in this next stream but I want to some fucking new lambda announcements, it's about fucking time they give more SS units a chance to be as OP as the other SS lambdas.

Given I just got Amina to level 80 in all jobs, I'm really hoping we get a good recode for her soon.

What I want more, though, is a new set of PoT characters and a new, actually worthwhile set of event characters like Odin, Leviathan and Bahamut. Game really could use the excitement those would bring.

HawthorneKitty

so here i am.

with the prospect of finally finishing PoF and having nothing but adventurers and high level characters at my disposal with 100% sb!

finally, only a few more runs and i can tick off one of the main goals of the game. only a few more runs....

and god-damn JAGUNA is sucking up all my gold cause she's only like 10% sb and the game considers her a rare drop.
You will regret those words when Jaguna gets the best recode.

Finalow

oh, I finally finished PoF.

Leonardo-DiCaprio-Cheering-In-Django-Unchained-Gif.gif

feeling a bit burned-out though, I'll probably take a break from this game until pvp comes out. rip

PoF finally done. Its over. Now thats one less thing to keep in the back of my head! Now i can concentrate on lambda characters!

I still want gats for TH. But the need for negotiator pro is diminished for a while. I think i will slow down on my playtime.

I still have ti finish the lv 85 weapon specialty achievements too

also. Seiryu is not as awesome as i imagined... what am supposed to be doing with him in metal zone 6?

HawthorneKitty

PoF finally done. Its over. Now thats one less thing to keep in the back of my head! Now i can concentrate on lambda characters!

I still want gats for TH. But the need for negotiator pro is diminished for a while. I think i will slow down on my playtime.

I still have ti finish the lv 85 weapon specialty achievements too

also. Seiryu is not as awesome as i imagined... what am supposed to be doing with him in metal zone 6?
You put him at least 2 spaces within the mirror when in a chain for Gravity if an attack is going to hit it, otherwise you can ignore it for a turn because of its turn countdown.

correojon

Finished PoF! Sorta, because I then recoded Zerro so her material monsters are back in the pool.

Laos, Seiryu is now 100%SB and 80+ in all levels, now to abuse MZ6 to level up Zerro so she becomes useful again :) Olber L and Rejin L will have to wait for their turn.

Top Bottom