• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker/Hironobu Sakaguchi's Terra Battle |OT| Season 2 has been unleashed!

Visceir

You will need tears and particles to upgrade the buddies. Tin Parade is still available in hunting zone right now. Might be smart to do some farming there if you dont have much else to spend stamina on.

zulux21

boo hiss. update 2.9 is pure evil.

is there a way to turn off push notifications? (im sure there is a setting somewhere I don't know about, the only apps I want notifications from are my weather and google rewards apps though @_@)
if not I will like stop casually playing this and just quit as I can't stand apps with push notifications that I can't turn off.

Finalow

buddies list and upgrade materials.

http://tbs.desile.fr/#/explore/buddies

http://tbs.desile.fr/#/explore/buddies-evolution

TERRA GRIND has never been more real. 5 ores + 5 tears + coins and junk just one upgrade I saw. Ragnarok needs 5 fucking excaliburs.

My strategy is to have Odin^ and Levi^ (2x cross, 2x column) on the right side, with Zerro^ and Puprope^ (2x pincer area column) on the left side. Takes him out in one turn. But... errr.... yeah I guess that's a full Z team. >_<

I'm sure there are other tactics though. Do you have U'nasag? He has a ice column attack at lvl15. Maybe that might help? If you really lack column attacks, you might not want to split Baha and Levi up and focus them on one side of the pincer, that way at least 2 enemies are taken out with the boss.
I wish I had Odin^ or any SS mage; I don't think I can do much with these units but then again as long as I get in top 5000 I don't care. that's another problem with the WC I believe, they should give more incentives for someone to do well and try to go for top 500, 100, 10 or whatever.

got most my lambda chars to 80/80/80 and still need to collect mats, but other than that nothing really to do.

Koko
Gegonago
Leviathan
Bahamut
Odin
Lich
Marilith

who should i prioritize for ^? for all intents and purposes everyone has ~15% SB except bahamut (who is at 97%).

i only have Piz'fer for a Lambda char. Bahamut is my most used char (obv) and very versatile, so losing him to lambda grind would be felt, but it would give me a goal. but if any other char would be more useful as lambda right off the bat, i can put him in the backburner.

Finalow

Koko^ and Odin^ are the best there, op even. Koko^ especially. go for Gegonago^ too if you want that ghost whatever ability.

gold pull event can't come soon enough, need more (good) charas 'cause I literally have nothing to do with my stamina. I could go for Lich and Marilith recodes but they're so awful that I don't really want to bother. :(

kiyoaki

got most my lambda chars to 80/80/80 and still need to collect mats, but other than that nothing really to do.

Koko
Gegonago
Leviathan
Bahamut
Odin
Lich
Marilith

who should i prioritize for ^? for all intents and purposes everyone has ~15% SB except bahamut (who is at 97%).

i only have Piz'fer for a Lambda char. Bahamut is my most used char (obv) and very versatile, so losing him to lambda grind would be felt, but it would give me a goal. but if any other char would be more useful as lambda right off the bat, i can put him in the backburner.
Koko and Bahamut are probably the most useful in your case (for fire attacks). Odin and Leviathan are great, too. Genonago isn't really necessary, but he's the most fun to play - he completely changes the way you approach unit placement. Lich and Marilith have been disappointments for me so far, they take terribly long to level up and don't quite hit hard enough to make it worthwhile.

crap, i better farm orichalcum for the oxcesian king!

why does it always have to be Orichalcum.... on the other hand i have 5+ heart swords for him!

Visceir

It's rather weird, since none of the current content in game makes buddies a necessity.

So I'll be rolling for buddies but I can't even think of which ones I'd actually want to have or be happy about getting.

Will be curious to see what the community will deem the 'essential' buddies to be and all the different uses for them.

It's rather weird, since none of the current content in game makes buddies a necessity.

So I'll be rolling for buddies but I can't even think of which ones I'd actually want to have or be happy about getting.

Will be curious to see what the community will deem the 'essential' buddies to be and all the different uses for them.
I think we've reached a point were we got enough customization features that they can finally go and rollout some harmode content, for both whales and dedicated players.

Pretty sure they don't need to introduce anymore grind system into the game now.

I decided to play a round of Metal Zone 6 before bed.

k2gjzL7.jpg

Baliis

Got a cane that gives a column attack, those could be useful. Seems like leveling then is going to be a total pain though.

Kitoro

Haven't played in awhile after burning out on the slow pace of leveling and material grinding.

Has there been any newer, less painful ways to level multiple jobs for characters faster yet?

I swear, if each Job leveled in tandem, I'd have never stopped playing this game as often as I did.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Okay, I'll stop (190 pulls), best rank I got was an A rank; paralysis ward.
Got a B rank poison one though.

Edit: I lied and went to 290, got myself an A poison one and noticed that it's the one one that is actually viable for Lamia for the most part
Haven't played in awhile after burning out on the slow pace of leveling and material grinding.

Has there been any newer, less painful ways to level multiple jobs for characters faster yet?

I swear, if each Job leveled in tandem, I'd have never stopped playing this game as often as I did.
I think 23-4 is fine for leveling anyone up, runs take 2 min if you have a Z-mage so you can just pop in and spam your stamina and take your time while you level 3 other characters.

I got shit-tier energy pulls and im fucking pissed

one wand and like 5 shields... god...

I also got a bunch of status effect buddies that inflict death, petifry, etc... But they always miss...

what do?

duckroll

Did two 10x Companion of Truth pulls. Only got one S class Sun Spirit. Boo! Bought 30 energy anyway to replenish my energy buffer. My debt to Mistwalker is paid. :p

Did a bunch of Companion of Fellowship pulls too, ran out of coins. Got a bunch of garbage and some sorta interesting stuff. No Frog's Chronicle. Gotta keep trying. :(

If I had to guess, I would assume the Metal Otomos give a better amount of EXP when feeding it to other Otomo.

Metal Minions give 3000 exp each. Haven't had a Metal Minion Lambda drop yet, but they probably give double that.

Falk

that puzzling face
You know, I thought 2.9 would give me a reason to log in.

I can't. I just can't :(

(RIP my daily login streak)

wru matsuno world

HawthorneKitty

Okay, just ran into the bullshittiest bullshit of any boss and I lost. Read only if you want to be spoiled, but probably save 2 hours worth of stamina.
On 34-4, the boss will perma-confuse all your units that are odd-number leveled turn 1.

Visceir

Did a 10x pull, no golds. Best one I got was Astral Hourglass +1 sec control time. Did some coin pulls too and got Mythril Rod. Got plenty of coin left to do more pulls.

Edit: also pulled an A rank Memorial Bow buddy...that does nothing, lol

HawthorneKitty

Is it worth it to upgrade low rank companions? I could use some extra ice protection for chapter 34...
Probably is if it's specifically what you want, probably even better if you can evolve it. I did 300 coin pulls and did not get a single Ice Helmet.

Just did a 10 energy pull and got 1 S; the King. I guess it's going onto Samatha.

OMG Aero

It's really shitty that the ten pull event is just an increased chance of S rank or higher and not a guarantee like the character events.
That said, I did a 10 companion pull and got SS Bow of Genji which gives petabow. I'm assuming this counts as a bow skill on whoever uses it right? I remember before that if you equipped, say, a bow skill to someone in a sword class it still counted as a sword attack.

HawthorneKitty

It's really shitty that the ten pull event is just an increased chance of S rank or higher and not a guarantee like the character events.
That said, I did a 10 companion pull and got SS Bow of Genji which gives petabow. I'm assuming this counts as a bow skill on whoever uses it right? I remember before that if you equipped, say, a bow skill to someone in a sword class it still counted as a sword attack.
Nice, it only works on same-type units; it'll show no skill otherwise. S'naip would wreck house with it. wait....
Wait, really? o_O
looked at it a little closer and nevermind, it might just be Companion/unit specific, will test right now.

duckroll

I think it will count as whatever weapon the character is. When it comes to weapon augments, the program code doesn't care what the skill is, only what the character's weapon attribute is. As far as the code knows, it's just a x3.5 damage physical attack skill regardless of whether it's Petasword, Petaspear, or Petabow. So that's a really good pull for any physical attacker.

Nice, it only works on same-type units; it'll show no skill otherwise. S'naip would wreck house with it.

Wait, really? o_O

HawthorneKitty

Yeah, I was mistaken, having too many Companions was confusing me. The reason why some don't have skills is because they just need to evolve, sometimes more than once to reach a class that does. Sorry about that.

Hige

Since I only had 29 energy and the increased companion rate event doesn't seem to require doing 10x pulls, I threw 3 energy at it and got an SS Whitewyrm Wand (Tera Heal, Chain, 30%), yay! Mistwalker is really trying to put healers out of a job — assuming the skill boost % goes high enough I can just slap Tera Heal on Piz'fer. :D Of course I lacked the willpower to stop there and got some B rank confusion guard companion immediately afterward.

I really can't see myself throwing a lot of energy at the companion system. Seems like a huge time sink to level them and I have little interest in PvP if it becomes pay-to-win.

Also, is anyone considering not completing chapter 34 so the new characters don't clog up the PoT pool? I still want Gugba, dammit.

kiyoaki

I did 4 energy and 100 coin pulls, and the best I got out of that are a thunderous counter companion and one that gives an icebind area spell. The whole system looks very meh so far.

duckroll

Leveling companions isn't really going to be a super timesink since there are really only a few which you would really want to invest towards, unless you're going for certain evolutions. The drop rate for Metal Minions in the Metal Zones seems really generous, and each one gives 3000 exp. It'll still take a while to level a S or SS companion to max, but many of them are already useful without any leveling at all.

The main problem with this system is that it feels really unsatisfying on the gamble layer. Not only is it entirely luck, but there's no real way to influence the results like with character pulls. You can get unlimited dupes, and since there are so many companions and most of them being kinda useless, the luck of the draw is always against you. It just feels shitty. Lol.

Hige

I just ran MZ5 King a couple times and got my Whitewyrm Wand to level 23 which boosted my frequency from 30 to 49%. The base rate of 30% is about as poor as you'd expect. I thought maybe it was broken since it only ever triggered with a power point lol. You only need to be level 25 to equip it, so that might be nice for level capped battles.

Visceir

Leveling companions isn't really going to be a super timesink since there are really only a few which you would really want to invest towards, unless you're going for certain evolutions. The drop rate for Metal Minions in the Metal Zones seems really generous, and each one gives 3000 exp. It'll still take a while to level a S or SS companion to max, but many of them are already useful without any leveling at all.

The main problem with this system is that it feels really unsatisfying on the gamble layer. Not only is it entirely luck, but there's no real way to influence the results like with character pulls. You can get unlimited dupes, and since there are so many companions and most of them being kinda useless, the luck of the draw is always against you. It just feels shitty. Lol.

Unless you get lucky, then everything is awesome~ haha

The Memorial Bow actual gives +matk when you upgrade it. With 2 MZ4 runs I had enough metal buddies to get Memorial Bow from lvl 1 to 22. It is A rank and at lvl 22 it gives +27 matk.

duckroll

The garbage I pulled today (not listing the D class garbage because it's garbage of all garbage, the * means it can be evolved):

S:
Sun Spirit (Solar Wind)

A:
Rat's Chronicle (Paralyze Area(2))
Hiso's Chronicle (Demoralize Area(2))
Demon's Chronicle (Death)
Demon's Buckler (Death Ward)
Healing Rod (Giga Heal Chain)
Regen Cane (Mega Regen Chain)
Red Cane (Fire 1 Column)
Yellow Cane (Thunder 1 Column)
Comet Staff (Ice 1 Row)
Thunderous Karma (Counter Thunder)*
Dark Karma (Counter Shadow)*

B:
Rat's Fan (Paralyze)*
Faerie's Fan (Confuse)*
Hiso's Fan (Demoralize)*
Frog's Talisman (Poison Ward)*
Hiso's Talisman (Demoralize Ward)*
Silver Spear (Gigaspear)*
Silver Bow (Gigabow)*
Bewitching Bow (MATK+10% Self)*
Fire Shield (Anti-Fire Shield 20%)*
Blizzard Rod (Glacier)

C:
Hiso's Note (Demoralize)*
Pig's Amulet (Sleep Guard)*
Golem's Amulet (Petrify Guard)*
Light Shield (MDEF+5% Self)*
Fire Helmet (Anti-Fire Shield 10%)*
Seeker's Sword (+ATK stat)*
Mariner's Spear (+MATK stat)*
Blazing Wand (Fire)*
Blazing Wand (Fire)*

I put the Sun Spirit on Lewto^, Healing Rod on Zerro^, Bewitching Bow on Bahamut^, Silver Spear on Samatha^, and Regen Cane on Sorman, and ran two stages in Chapter 34. Feels okay. Still really bitter that I didn't pull a Frog/King or Frog's/King's Chronicle. Would be nice to have proper Poison and Gravity in my party... :(

linkent

Got an SS - White Lamp. Giga Heal Area(2) from 30Energy Pulls.
Too many of these companions.
Also the fact that we can get multiple copies of the companions mean that it isnt possible to SB100% them to clear the "Pulls"
Too many things to do, guess it is best to clear C34 for the extra maximum Stamina first.

duckroll

The JP site just posted a HUGE change to physical attacks which is totally relevant to what we were discussing earlier. Mistwalker has confirmed that they have changed the way physical skill damage is calculated, and now the actual weapon property of the skill will be used instead of the character's weapon type. So if you have a character with Gigabow equipped on a Sword class character now, the Gigabow will actually do bow type damage rather than sword damage.

HawthorneKitty

The JP site just posted a HUGE change to physical attacks which is totally relevant to what we were discussing earlier. Mistwalker has confirmed that they have changed the way physical skill damage is calculated, and now the actual weapon property of the skill will be used instead of the character's weapon type. So if you have a character with Gigabow equipped on a Sword class character now, the Gigabow will actually do bow type damage rather than sword damage.
Wow, that kinda sucks for characters that cycle through all the jobs, even though it makes sense. :(

correojon

I think I´ll save my 50 energy for a PoT event and go on with PoF Companions for the moment.

BTW, has anyone completed Chapter 34 yet? I´m waiting for the stamina to refill before attempting 34-10 for the first time, I´ve seen it´s just a pure magic boss so I don´t know if it would be better to use a squad with high Ice resistance or just go in with my hard-hitting Squad (S´naip, Bahl, Ma´curi, Jennish, Zerro and Kuscah, all level 90).

Finalow

won't complete 34 until I use this 100 energy to pull from PoT, I don't really care about the new characters. also I still need to finish 33, I guess I could use the stamina refill for CC3.

Thought I was unlucky when I pulled 2 boring S (rat shield and shadow helm), but apparently some people didn't even get a single S from 10x pull event. Yikes...

I guess overall people are disappointed because they basically didn't pull what they wanted, and got a box full of useless Otomos.

Meeps

Okay, just ran into the bullshittiest bullshit of any boss and I lost. Read only if you want to be spoiled, but probably save 2 hours worth of stamina.
On 34-4, the boss will perma-confuse all your units that are odd-number leveled turn 1.

Thanks for the heads up. Fortunately it only affected one of my units, and Panacea still healed it. The boss didn't cast it again either.

Finalow

hey duckroll I spent 3 energy and got an SS buddy. ( &#865;º &#860;&#662; &#865;º)

White Lamp - giga heal area (2), not too good but I guess it's going to be helpful.

Visceir

Spent 57 energy and ~1 mil coins. This is what I got so far:

S rank:
Sorcerer's shield (+80 matk when fully upgraded, I think) ...I actually evolved this one from an A rank buddy.
Rat (2 area paralyze)
King (2 area gravity)

A rank:
Pig's buckler (sleep ward %)
Mythril rod (matk +5%)
Astral hourglass (CT +1)
Stygian shield (anti darkness -20%)
Icy karma (ice counter)

Not even going to type out the rest as there are a lot of B rank buddies I've got.

A bit underwhelming. I kinda wish I had gotten something like an excalibur or something that would make it "easy enough" to upgrade myself a top tier SS rank buddy.

Top Bottom