• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker/Hironobu Sakaguchi's Terra Battle |OT| Season 2 has been unleashed!

Falk

that puzzling face
I saw the PUSH notification and my heart stopped.

Yes

YES

YEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Literally the best event ever.

Ya'll gotta grind this CC event.
Skip everything else honestly.

We'll prob get the CC in arena often, but the half stamina might be pretty rare.

Visceir

Ya'll gotta grind this CC event.
Skip everything else honestly.

We'll prob get the CC in arena often, but the half stamina might be pretty rare.

Metal tickets farming starts tomorrow, can't skip that~

This event is really nice though. I was planning to get 2 more Mantle Helixes, but now I'll be spending all my stamina on CC instead.

Xetherion

Tomorrow can't be item boost for ch. 6, today was item boost for ch. 5. Been busy farming Sentient Flames all day. Tomorrow can do CC.

duckroll

Mistwalker continues down the path of the dark side of F2P.

So issue 0 of that new Terra Battle magazine was released today. And as a big middle finger to any fans who already supported them by pre-ordering the magazine early, they have now announced that you can get an even better deal because of an exclusive retailer deal with Ministop!

http://www.terra-battle.com/jp/news/2015/08/bw-terrabattle-0-ministop.html

If you buy the mag at any Ministop, you get an additional exclusive companion based on one of the four Party Wave characters. Which one? Well... it's random! Store exclusive DLC gacha! Yay! #fuckeverything

Lol.

Visceir

Tomorrow can't be item boost for ch. 6, today was item boost for ch. 5. Been busy farming Sentient Flames all day. Tomorrow can do CC.

The real day is thursday, but if you set your phone clock to GMT +13 you can start doing it tomorrow already and pretty much extend it by 24 h.

Visceir

The upcoming SS Magazine DLC character from issue #1 was revealed as well.

CNOgnnBUwAA_DLs.jpg

yami4ct

Mistwalker continues down the path of the dark side of F2P.

So issue 0 of that new Terra Battle magazine was released today. And as a big middle finger to any fans who already supported them by pre-ordering the magazine early, they have now announced that you can get an even better deal because of an exclusive retailer deal with Ministop!

http://www.terra-battle.com/jp/news/2015/08/bw-terrabattle-0-ministop.html

If you buy the mag at any Ministop, you get an additional exclusive companion based on one of the four Party Wave characters. Which one? Well... it's random! Store exclusive DLC gacha! Yay! #fuckeverything

Lol.

Wow. Mistwalker really seems to want to push those Japanese gambling laws as close to a breaking point as they can. I'm sure this doesn't violate any of the gatcha laws (those are more intended to stop companies forcing you to play a random slot to progress), but that's really shady.

OMG Aero

So since it's coin grinding time, is worth spending coins to get companions or are all the good ones energy pulls only so I should just spend coins on party members instead?

No denying that exclusive SS looks fabulous.
It'll also have a Z recode in the future, but you need to buy even more magazines for the materials.

It's basically the pricing that's killing it for me, since I won't actually own the magazine (if I buy a code) and the cost is tied to it.

Then again, if it was in PoT, how much energy ($) would I waste to own it ?

Coin Event is perfection, I ran it all day at work today.

I have the boss of Chapter 30 waiting from yesterday's run, so I can finish that for a free refill, maybe tomorrow.

I also picked up the magazine code, five energy and an exclusive buddy for $4.69, plus the magazine, not too bad.

I'll get issue #1 for the SS character at least, I don't know if I'll bother getting every issue for the recode path, that's kind of nuts. Maybe if each code has five energy on top of the other stuff and the magazine is decent enough.

Folstern

Some lower tier buddies are definitely worth it (C rank upgraded to B rank)

Person Man from terrabattleforums made this handy pic:
This is tres helpful.

Decided to use my 50 energy on buddies and only got one SS (Whitewyrm Wand). Could have been worse but I'm definitely saving my energy for a more worthwhile event. Are the stats on the $60 magazine character revealed yet?

Are the stats on the $60 magazine character revealed yet?
It's scheduled for early October, so we won't get any data on it until Terra Battle gets patched near that date.

The mag will be around ~6$ though for the SS character.

The full ~60$ worth of mag to recode it into Z won't be until early next year.
(if TB doesn't become a dead game by then)

Finalow

FUCK buddies, I want to use this 100 energy for characters. give me this goddamn 2gold pull event already.

brb farming stalwart swords and killer bows.

Haha, I beat the 30-10 boss for a stamina refill, which was almost a horrible miscalculation as I had no idea what it was capable of.

Luckily I had Zeera and my team was all Lv80-90 so I somehow squeaked by "that" attack.

Ten more Coin Creeps, ho.

duckroll

Last day of half-priced Coin Creeps. Gotta make the most of it. Also leveling Sheena because I finally pulled her from PoF yesterday! My first gold coin pull! It's like seeing a tiny glimmer of the light at the end of the tunnel. Lol.

Folstern

Last day of half-priced Coin Creeps. Gotta make the most of it. Also leveling Sheena because I finally pulled her from PoF yesterday! My first gold coin pull! It's like seeing a tiny glimmer of the light at the end of the tunnel. Lol.
I opted for Metal Ticket farming while the drop rate was up. 56 so far. I can taste those sweet maxed Bewitching Bows and Skullsplitters already.

linkent

Did a Metal Zone.
The Buddy drop seems to be resetable by S/L?
I had 3 before boss.
On Boss stage, I couldnt kill everything in 1 shot. (But a Buddy drop. 100% sure)
So I quit the game, and restart the boss. But the buddy didnt drop this time.

Gonna try again after i regain my stamina. Maybe we can SL and make it drop one each stage.

Visceir

Did a Metal Zone.
The Buddy drop seems to be resetable by S/L?
I had 3 before boss.
On Boss stage, I couldnt kill everything in 1 shot. (But a Buddy drop. 100% sure)
So I quit the game, and restart the boss. But the buddy didnt drop this time.

Gonna try again after i regain my stamina. Maybe we can SL and make it drop one each stage.

I find unlikely for MW to leave something like that in as they patched out the item drop S/L thing. Probably more likely that you'll just get none if you reset the floor, lol.

Started farming metal tickets and let 1/2 stamina coin creeps take the backseat. Tickets are more important to me, need to make sure I have plenty for when MZ6/MZ6K shows up in arena again to farm lambda metal buddies for leveling.

Gotten 180 tickets so far, goal is to get 250 before double item drop rate ends tomorrow.

Any of you remember the BookWalker promotion they had a few months back where they gave out free credit, and most of us bought Yulia codes and stuff ?

So apparently any leftcover coins can still be used until next week.

Just bought a second set of White Orbling and 5 free energy for 1USD.
I wish I had more leftover, but that'll do.

Anyway, just check your old BookWalker accounts.
Link for magazine:
http://bookwalker.jp/de964f4ac0-7ef7-41cf-a195-c9b5c80f203c/%E9%9A%94%E9%80%B1%E5%88%8A-%E3%83%86%E3%83%A9%E3%83%90%E3%83%88%E3%83%AB-%E5%89%B5%E5%88%8A%E6%BA%96%E5%82%99%E5%8F%B7/

I'm at the point where I'm just pulling boss monsters from Fellowship.

I had Suoh from Truth and pulled a Sheena, I guess the idea is to level them up some now to take advantage of the free levels when I pull dupes?

Any of you remember the BookWalker promotion they had a few months back where they gave out free credit, and most of us bought Yulia codes and stuff ?[/URL]
I wish I had known about that.

I REALLY want Yulia (she has thief/coin skills) but I couldn't pay the full price of the book.

Xetherion

I'm at the point where I'm just pulling boss monsters from Fellowship.

I had Suoh from Truth and pulled a Sheena, I guess the idea is to level them up some now to take advantage of the free levels when I pull dupes?

Yes, unlock all jobs and level them all to at least 30. As long as they're at less than 10% SB when you start pulling dupes they will gain 50 levels (5 levels and 10% SB per dupe), not including + pacts. This will get them to at least 80 in all jobs in case they get a recode someday. If you want them max level after dupes then get them to level 40 before pulling.

For Seiryuu since he's Z class he will gain 6 levels and 12% per dupe, so level his jobs to 36 and they will be maxed after dupes (6x9 = 54).

Jade Dragon back, but route D locked until more kills.
...and most dedicated players already got it to 100%.

uuuuuggg.
These are the kind of design decisions MW makes that baffles me.

Arabesque

Wheee

Got 900,000 coins in total, blew more than half on buddies and PoF. Got most of the past bosses I didn't have, and two new A Rank buddies. Kinda okay, I guess.

Also decided to spend some energy some time later. Especially since I made a random yolo pull and got a Z Rank just like that.

Yes, unlock all jobs and level them all to at least 30. As long as they're at less than 10% SB when you start pulling dupes they will gain 50 levels (5 levels and 10% SB per dupe), not including + pacts. This will get them to at least 80 in all jobs in case they get a recode someday. If you want them max level after dupes then get them to level 40 before pulling.

For Seiryuu since he's Z class he will gain 6 levels and 12% per dupe, so level his jobs to 36 and they will be maxed after dupes (6x9 = 54).
Thanks.

Jade Dragon back, but route D locked until more kills.
...and most dedicated players already got it to 100%.

uuuuuggg.
These are the kind of design decisions MW makes that baffles me.
Yeah, this is, um, strange.

Jade Dragon was only a month ago.

Arabesque

Maybe it's because people got really close to the last goal last time, they figured they might as well bring it back?

Or maybe they don't have anything else planned?

I don't mind, I have to get stuff to unlock all his jobs + get his boost to 100%, so eh.

Visceir

Yeah I'm just doing MZ5K and MZ6K today for Sheena. You people are on your own. :(

Should just finish up PoF and level Sheena by pulling her from PoF over and over again :p

Tharos found a banner for a Golem version of the vanquish dungeon. So they are probably going to have another "kill boss x times to get y" event in the future.

kiyoaki

My Jade Dragon already sits at 100%, so I won't do any runs before route D gets unlocked. I was briefly excited when I saw the banner because I thought she'd get a recode, but no...

Falk

that puzzling face
Coin Creep event gave me the boost to get over the original recolor do not steal phase of PoF farming..

RIP Coin Creep event.

duckroll

Should just finish up PoF and level Sheena by pulling her from PoF over and over again :p

Tharos found a banner for a Golem version of the vanquish dungeon. So they are probably going to have another "kill boss x times to get y" event in the future.

It's only 10 levels though. There's no Coin Creeps today anyway, so I might as well get Sheena up to the 65+ barrier before pulling more. :p

Visceir

It's only 10 levels though. There's no Coin Creeps today anyway, so I might as well get Sheena up to the 65+ barrier before pulling more. :p

SS class gain 5 levels with each dupe, so she'd have to be only lvl 40 to have her max out at lvl 90 as she reaches 100% SB.

Or maybe I misunderstood you.

Xetherion

Oh they do? I had no idea. Didn't pay enough attention when pulling all those Gaiga dupes I guess! :p

I literally just explained this to someone else a few posts up on the page.

duckroll

Oh well, it was fun doing MZ5K and MZ6K just for the metal minions anyway. Will be handy for leveling up my other companions lol.

Top Bottom