• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker/Hironobu Sakaguchi's Terra Battle |OT| Season 2 has been unleashed!

duckroll

Jade Dragon Route D is actually fairly challenging both to get to, and to fight. Or at least, it is for the first two rounds until you have the pill train going, then it's just a matter of chipping away while taking 0 damage. :p

Still a shitty event though. Zzzzzzzzzzzz.

Visceir

Bahamut returns. It's the dragon I need the least as I've already got it recoded, but I'll probably just recapture/SB the regular version again and see if I get an A rank buddy class.

Neg pro is nerfed now but 18x Neg should still guarantee the boss drop.

I've got Odin/Levi ready to be recoded but I've held off on it to SB farm them in dungeons, will be neat to have their lambdas for WC finally.

correojon

The dragons at last! I have all of them prepared for recode except for their ingredient monsters. So, for Bahamut, what would be the best way to proceed?

Do Bahamut Evolved to farm Suzaku up to 100%, then do Bahamut Ultra to farm Bahamut to 60% and then recode so I get Bahamut L with 100% SB.

Or:
Do Bahamult Ultra so I SB and farm Suzaku (with a lower rate) at the same time.

I have a Negotiator Pro character so i hope farming monsters won´t be too hard.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
The dragons at last! I have all of them prepared for recode except for their ingredient monsters. So, for Bahamut, what would be the best way to proceed?

Do Bahamut Evolved to farm Suzaku up to 100%, then do Bahamut Ultra to farm Bahamut to 60% and then recode so I get Bahamut L with 100% SB.

Or:
Do Bahamult Ultra so I SB and farm Suzaku (with a lower rate) at the same time.

I have a Negotiator Pro character so i hope farming monsters won´t be too hard.
Suzaku drop rate sucks either way, go straight for Baha.

correojon

Suzaku drop rate sucks either way, go straight for Baha.

OK, I´ll do that then.

BTW, yesterday I almost got 1 Million XP in All Hail the King in MZ6 without using XP boosting pills. I was using Jennish L (90), Seiryu (90) and Bonna (67), I can´t remember if I was using anyone else or if I was just levelling Bonna. I managed to clear all floors in one wipe, even the Metal Mirrors, and got lucky with the King dying last and getting the maximum XP boost from the combo kill. I think I have never got so much XP :)

Anybody with a negotiator want to run Bahamut with me tonight on my stamina?

I'm hoping I can get a +20% or so to each of my dragons, but 30% drop at 40 stamina a pop, oof.

btw, did anyone find out how to activate the sakiguchi boss in one of the dailies? I came across him at random once, but he ran away after a turn or so.

I forgot that this fight was so annoying, even with Grace.

What's the consensus? Would it be worth it to burn my stamina this week for a few 3%s?

I wasn't doing much besides tip-toeing towards recoding.

HawthorneKitty

Visceir

Have you already done the Grace method? I just read that it's capped at -80% def, is that true?

Anyway, I'll be rolling in with A'merpact+piz'fer+spear team probably.

Edit: 3 turn kill, first buddy drop was a C rank one though :(

correojon

I can´t make Grace activate her debuff enough times: she has low SB so I´m using a PP to trigger activation, but when I do so the surrounding mobs die due to AoE damage and I only get 2 or 3 activations max. Anyway I´m using Amerpact for the Ice Capsules so the fight isn´t too hard.

However there´s no way to get Suzaku to drop...I´m getting Baha everytime though, so I think I´ll just SB him to around 60% and recode as soon as I get just one Suzaku, that will put him at 80% SB which is enough to ensure all his skills trigger everytime.

Hige

Have you already done the Grace method? I just read that it's capped at -80% def, is that true?
This thread on Reddit says that the chance of Grace or RSW's debuff landing is 80% instead of 100%, not that it only stacks up to -80% defense. I couldn't find where they got that info from on TBF though. I've killed Bahamut 3 times with the Grace method so far without any (debuff) problems, so I don't know. Bahamut keeps moving into weird positions on the first turn and I can only get like 3 activations in the first round, which is still enough fortunately. Gegonago Z is a goddamn lifesaver with stealth, I love it! Between him with a Tera Heal companion and Olber I've benched A'misandra Z. >_>

HawthorneKitty

I can´t make Grace activate her debuff enough times: she has low SB so I´m using a PP to trigger activation, but when I do so the surrounding mobs die due to AoE damage and I only get 2 or 3 activations max. Anyway I´m using Amerpact for the Ice Capsules so the fight isn´t too hard.

However there´s no way to get Suzaku to drop...I´m getting Baha everytime though, so I think I´ll just SB him to around 60% and recode as soon as I get just one Suzaku, that will put him at 80% SB which is enough to ensure all his skills trigger everytime.
That's why you don't bring too many aoe; definitely remove what you can from Grace herself.

correojon

That's why you don't bring too many aoe; definitely remove what you can from Grace herself.

I think I´m not going to use the Grace method, I tried it removing all AoE skills and I ended killing Bahamut too soon. It´s better if I deal damage more slowly so he can summon reinforcements and I get more shots at capturing Suzaku. I´ll keep Grace in the team though, otherwise the fight will last forever. Thanks for the tip!

BTW, I´m using these guys:
  • Amerpact: For AntiFire pills
  • Bahl & Ma´curi: For dps
  • Grace: For her debuff
  • Kuscah: Healer
  • Yukken^: For Neg Pro
Sometimes I have to S/L if Bahamut misbehaves and I can´t rise enough fire protection before his first attack, but if I survive that first turn with at least 4 guys (one of them being Amerpact) the fight is pretty easy from then on.

I can't remember if I had Piz'fer Λ last time, but now with both versions of Piz'fer and Leviathan Λ, I'm just melting him in 2 turns. No need for Grace.

I don't think it needs a Hard mode though.
At some point, enough is enough of the same battle.

correojon

After being all day trying to get Suzaku to drop on Bahamut Ultra, I checked the Wiki and it said that it has only a 0.2% chance to drop...but in Bahamut Evolved it has a 3.2% chance. So I tried Evolved and got him on the first try. Now I have Baha at 77% SB so he´s almost ready for recoding :)

I got one drop in seven runs so far, which wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't forty stamina a pop.

I think I'll settle for getting them to about 30%-40%, they'll get 20% from recode which will put them as good enough in my book.

We're approaching the one year mark since soft launch. (Global was in Oct.)
We haven't heard much of new content recently.
Hopefully NicoNico stream soon.

I got one drop in seven runs so far, which wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't forty stamina a pop.

I think I'll settle for getting them to about 30%-40%, they'll get 20% from recode which will put them as good enough in my book.
It's a total waste of stamina without Neg Pro.
At least you get the chance for an Otomo with each kill though.

It's a total waste of stamina without Neg Pro.
At least you get the chance for an Otomo with each kill though.
Maybe not, but it's a change of pace from slowly ticking my dudes up to 80.

Yeah, I already got three Inferno Rods, so Leviathan is going to be easy (assuming these things do something).

OMG Aero

I really wish recoding only required you to level all jobs up to 70 instead of 80. Thanks to the Bahamut event I now have to level 9 different jobs to 80, and once you get outside the limit of Metal Zone 6 it's so boring either doing that one part of chapter 23 or chapter 20 over and over.

Finalow

not sure if I'm going to bother with Bahamut again. now with Lewto I don't really need more fire mages.

maybe just for the art*

also not sure if I can kill him with Levi^ and a bunch of level 90 dudes. I probably need to Grace' him again.

Folstern

not sure if I'm going to bother with Bahamut again. now with Lewto I don't really need more fire mages.

maybe just for art

also not sure if I can kill him with Levi^ and a bunch of level 90 dudes. I probably need to Grace' him again.
If you have Ma'curi and S'naip he's pretty easy, Bahl might do too. With them and Leviathan^ I've taken him out in two turns.

Bahamut^ is worth getting, he's just below Lewto in terms of Fire damage.

Finalow

If you have Ma'curi and S'naip he's pretty easy, Bahl might do too. With them and Leviathan^ I've taken him out in two turns.

Bahamut^ is worth getting, he's just below Lewto in terms of Fire damage.
I already have Bahamut^, that's why I probably won't bother.

got S'naip too but he's low level, need this damn MZK in arena.

It's sort of weird not doing Coin Creeps on the weekend.

My Bahamut is at ~36% now, I'm going to cross the 40% mark and let recode and regular use cap him.

Hige

Finally got Bahamut high enough to recode to 100%, and I think I have enough metal tickets to level him to 50 just in time for this week's challenge.

Just according to keikaku. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Visceir

Where did you see that, HawthorneKitty?

We're getting another 2x tickets drop day this week so might as well blow some tickets on it.

The CoT event we just got is so worthless. Worst part about it is that it means we won't be getting a decent one for the next 3 weeks or so :(

HawthorneKitty

Where did you see that, HawthorneKitty?

We're getting another 2x tickets drop day this week so might as well blow some tickets on it.

The CoT event we just got is so worthless. Worst part about it is that it means we won't be getting a decent one for the next 3 weeks or so :(
It says in the event news post; MZ 5 and 6 open on 9/10

correojon

Let´s hope this overlays with the Leviathan and Odin events so we can level them more easily.

I´m currently training Lewto, Lewto L, Bahamut L and Daiana for the Levi event, with so many Ice Capsules and fire mages he won´t know what hit him!

Top Bottom