• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker/Hironobu Sakaguchi's Terra Battle |OT| Season 2 has been unleashed!

Finalow

Deepwater Helixes are on the same day as metal tickets which is really annoying with this arena event coming up.
yes it really sucks. I need 10 deepwater helixes now but I also need more tickets.
trying to get those helixes before the double drop rate day arrives.

100% original Bahamut, and got 4 Mantle Staves out of it.

Also, the WC is weirdly annoying.
Not hard, but the level cap limits my row/column skills.
Leveled up a Mantle Staff to help me with it.
yes it really sucks. I need 10 deepwater helixes now but I also need more tickets.
trying to get those helixes before the double drop rate day arrives.
Probably better to get Helixes first with DD days.
Those tickets are easier to get and cost less stamina to grind.

duckroll

Only got Bahamut up to 15%. Didn't really feel like playing it much. Got a Mantle Staff though. Gotta sell all those Blazing Wand dupes. Odin isn't even coming until next week? No news on PVP. No news on a new stream. No news on a new patch. Fucking lol. Mistwalker has no more content. RIP.

Finalow

it could be good. and it's pretty much the only thing I'm looking forward to at this point.

with PVP I have an actual reason for building a good team and pulling good characters.

Only got Bahamut up to 15%. Didn't really feel like playing it much. Got a Mantle Staff though. Gotta sell all those Blazing Wand dupes. Odin isn't even coming until next week? No news on PVP. No news on a new stream. No news on a new patch. Fucking lol. Mistwalker has no more content. RIP.
Oh shi... Thought it was tomorrow.

I guess they're stretching out these descended battles until the official first anniversary of Terra Battle. (and probably patch 3.0.0 at that point)

correojon

MW should implement a way to select more than one Companion when you want to sell them, it´s really tedious having to repeat all the process when you want to make place in your Companion List and have to get rid of all the C and under trash :S

kiyoaki

Why do you guys care so much about PVP? It's probably not going to be any good.
PvP will probably be very hard to balance with the amount of units, skills, and companions involved. But it's the only thing at this point that could pose a challenge for players like me who have been into the game for a year or longer.

I got Bahamut vanilla up to 30%, not that I'll ever use her. I already have her lambda version at lv 90 with 70B%.

Visceir

I wonder if this is worth using tickets with the otomo upgrade event going on.

There's a 25% drop in MZ6 for A rank metal minions and that's about how it feels to me too. I'm gonna use this event to make 3 Skullsplitters, 3 Bewitching bows, level up my King S rank buddy, make a few Memorial bows, a few of those +xx% Hp buddies and perhaps something else.

Still got plenty of metal tickets to spend. MZ6 do take some time though.

Hige

What kind of exp bonus have you guys received when feeding 4 Metal Minion Lambdas (the 50k exp ones) at once? I'm pretty sure I got only the 25% exp bonus the last three times I've fed them - which seems a little suspect, but obviously my sample size is small.

What kind of exp bonus have you guys received when feeding 4 Metal Minion Lambdas (the 50k exp ones) at once? I'm pretty sure I got only the 25% exp bonus the last three times I've fed them - which seems a little suspect, but obviously my sample size is small.
I got a 100%+ on a four Metal Minion Λ purge, took my White Orbing from 1 to 38ish.

OMG Aero

Any point to evolving companions? I have Frog Note for Lamia runs, but what happens if I evolve?

It (probably) is.
If you evolve the status effect companions into a fan then when levelled up they have 100% chance of activating. If you evolve them again into a book then instead of just affecting the pincer it turns into an area 2 effect, but then it only has a maximum of 50% chance of activating.

If you evolve the status effect companions into a fan then when levelled up they have 100% chance of activating. If you evolve them again into a book then instead of just affecting the pincer it turns into an area 2 effect, but then it only has a maximum of 50% chance of activating.
Thanks for the in-depth, that might be worth it (well, minus the fact that it takes Green Rings AND Wish Particles, blah).

Having a hard time draining my tickets with MZ6. :O

I'm still well over 200, after multiple max otomos.
I'm going to try for 6 upgraded Demon Chronicles, but I think I'll lack grind time before event ends.

Finalow

same, MZ6 gave me much more exp than I thought. managed to level up 3 SS and a couple of As to level 70 in each job and I still have 90 tickets left.

now if only the event was still up when I get the lambda versions.

duckroll

Feels like the game literally died after the Companions update. Even Mistwalker's updates seems to have tanked. I wonder if the game will even survive 2015. :(

Feels like the game literally died after the Companions update. Even Mistwalker's updates seems to have tanked. I wonder if the game will even survive 2015. :(
This is only week 3 of 2.9.0, and they've brought back the descended for new players + this new Otomo event.

I'd only worry if by the end of the month we got 0 news on 3.0.0.

I've made sense of the companion thing after this Meta Zone/Bonus Exp event (well, I mostly just didn't pay attention prior).

I like it. I mean, the resources to upgrade and evolve them are pretty nuts, but the added versatility is fantastic. I'll finally be able to run Lamia thanks to Poison equips and Gravity equips make Metal Zone 6 slightly less frustrating (it's still pretty irritating getting low-end MZ3 exp from it). And an almost maxed out White Orbling makes my Ma'Curi far less of a punching bag (lots of P. and M. Def and a free revive).

I still don't know if I'll do any energy pulls, it seems wasteful if you are at end-game and can bother wasting coins and items to upgrade coin pulls.

Green Rings tho. :-\

Visceir

I want to believe that we'll get 3.0.0 for anniversary and that it'll be a big one. With third wave of lambda versions, new eidolon, pvp, more buddies and preferably a new arena dungeon.

No harm in taking a break from the game though. I'm slowly losing interest too, but grind events like the current ones make me put in time as it seems like a good opportunity to get a lot done.

Ended up making 2 memorial bows (+50 matk), 2 scaling sword (+50 atk), 2 shadowy rods (+20% hp), 3 skullsplitters, 3 bewitching bows, 2 Demon's chronicle (for SBing), 1 Silver spear (gigaspear skill)

Finalow

I was trying to get my SS and S buddies to max level but it literally takes forever, and you waste such a stupid amount of coins too.

I think I'll just use the A rank metal minions and sell all the others from now on. they didn't even bother to add the metal king buddy yet, probably too much exp. they would never want to take away that endless grinding from the player.

Almost got all my A and B characters to 65/65/65 during the MZ event.
Probably will never use them, but if I ever SB grind, they'll be ready.
We're basically just all waiting for PVP to be out and suck so we can finally quit.
I won't quit until I see the console version.
I'll never quit. ;_;

My dragons are 80/70/80.

I'll still wait for the event dungeons to conclude, Odin and Leviathan could use an extra 30% or so before recoding.

Then it'll be time to repeat the process with Zerro and Koko (and I guess Gegonago?).

Hige

My dragons are 80/70/80.

I'll still wait for the event dungeons to conclude, Odin and Leviathan could use an extra 30% or so before recoding.

Then it'll be time to repeat the process with Zerro and Koko (and I guess Gegonago?).
Gegonago Lambda is one of my favorite units hands down - I put him in pretty much every team. Stealth is extremely useful, and his control time and frequency skills are awesome too. Just make sure you get the full +40% bonus from recoding, because he skills up kind of slow since he only has attack/buff phase skills (not including companions). With that said, I'd probably recode Zerro first because Z mages are invaluable for metal zone grinding.

Falk

that puzzling face
I won't quit until I see the console version.
I'll never quit. ;_;

I dunno, if more people quit and MW has less and less reason to continue putting in effort into the mobile game, it might jumpstart something new for the company. Like console Terra Battle.

(It's already kinda spiraling there. Otomo feature didn't seem to make as big a splash as I expected. But maybe I'm overly pessimistic)

Gegonago Lambda is one of my favorite units hands down - I put him in pretty much every team. Stealth is extremely useful, and his control time and frequency skills are awesome too. Just make sure you get the full +40% bonus from recoding, because he skills up kind of slow since he only has attack/buff phase skills (not including companions). With that said, I'd probably recode Zerro first because Z mages are invaluable for metal zone grinding.
What does Stealth do?

I will probably get them all recoded in the same batch. Gegonao only got a question mark because he's lower level, but in reality, since the slog is 70 to 80, he's only one job behind the gals.

Received a code for 2 Metal Minion A from the Terra Battle Wikia meme contest.

I guess pretty much everyone who entered got it, so check your email if you did.

Hige

What does Stealth do?
It lets you pass through enemies, which means you can still double pincer bosses when they move into corners, or move through enemies when they make a wall formation etc. If you move through multiple enemies at once and onto one of your other characters, it teleports that character to the square that Gegonago "entered" from. It kind of reminds me of the old teleport trick that got patched a while back.

Watched the SE ff mobius stream.
Collab incoming in Oct I believe.

They also showed a pic of PVP. From the looks of it, one team gets to defend a giant boss while the other tries to kill it (speculating).

In FF Mobius, they're getting special Grace and Bahl cards, which looked neat. Hope that game gets localized soon.

duckroll

http://app.famitsu.com/20150919_572650/

Mobius FF special event quest coming in October:
ak8XxPq.jpg

Quest reward is Echo as a character designed by Itahana:

VS Mode coming in 3.0.0 Update this month, first VS Cup is Ami Cup. She's a disrupting factor, does not have to be defeated:

Visceir

Looking forward to being demolished in pvp by all the japanese IAP players! Amisandra might be useful with her disable heals skill when there's a giant Amina roaming around healing everyone.

Echo seems like she could be a neutral-magic character. I'm actually more curious for the Mobius event than pvp. Glad shes a char we can get from an event rather than being added to PoT.

Foolworm

Amina is only a B cup; she should be a D cup at least.

Anyway, it explains the support issues - the whole team is probably at TGS. I do wish they announced ahead of time that there would be new stuff shown at TGS; a lot of people probably missed the stream because they had no idea.

Finalow

Looking forward to being demolished in pvp by all the japanese IAP players!
please, that's me. you have a team full of lambda ΛOPnessΛ, I have like 1 of them. I sure won't play on japanese servers.

also fuck amina, not only she's the most useless SS who I obviously pulled but now I have to see her in pvp too.

Top Bottom