• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker/Hironobu Sakaguchi's Terra Battle |OT| Season 2 has been unleashed!

daydream

Banned
i'm jumping back into this now that i got a decent phone that can run it smoothly

any reason i should import my save (like some exclusive event character i might have) or am i safe to start over?

i'm jumping back into this now that i got a decent phone that can run it smoothly

any reason i should import my save (like some exclusive event character i might have) or am i safe to start over?
Only characters that came out through events are Bahamut, Leviathan, Odin, Jade Dragon, Zael and Callista. These should always come back every few months.

Then you have the exclusive DLC characters that you most probably had to pay for: Ethereal, Blade Falcon, Bone Killer, Yulia, Xerxes summon, Eir summon, + some Otomos

If you had bought one of those, probably better to import since they'll never come back.

daydream

Banned
Only characters that came out through events are Bahamut, Leviathan, Odin, Jade Dragon, Zael and Callista. These should always come back every few months.

Then you have the exclusive DLC characters that you most probably had to pay for: Ethereal, Blade Falcon, Bone Killer, Yulia, Xerxes summon, Eir summon, + some Otomos

If you had bought one of those, probably better to import since they'll never come back.

thanks, i didn't buy anything (and i don't even remember if i got any event drops) so i'm just gonna restart

Goli

Even though I made the OT I never bothered updating it, oops. The truth is stopped playing because I started other games and life got in the way, but after watching the SE Mobius stream I decided to get back to the game.
I'm on chapter 15, and this is my current team:
lem3Z3Fa.jpg

I also have these characters which I've been levelling on and off:
mbtDMBD0.jpg

I'm really hooked on the game again, in fact I almost gave in and bought energy! Despite me being a huge fan of mobile games, I've never bought IAP on a F2P game.

Anyway, any recommendations?

At launch neither eidolons, co-op, or companions were available, it's surprising to see how much the game has evolved.

Also, my code! Please use it if anyone hasn't input the referral code yet: qXqxMvEjp4bx.

Finally, since I have a few spare devices, I decided to try and going through the beginning again till chapter 3 to get myself at least one of the energy referral bonuses... by myself, so I did the random pact pull with the free energy you get at the start and I got:
CPXQeldWwAAH-2j.jpg

lol

Visceir

Alika /\ is mostly useful for her TH skill, not exactly the best starter character though~

You can also get bonus energy and metal tickets for your first 20 co-op games (in private rooms)

Finalow

I forgot about the referral code thing, I think I still have 15 energy sitting there considering it's pretty much impossible at this point to get random people to use your code unless I'm one the do so.

Alika /\ is mostly useful for her TH skill, not exactly the best starter character though~
Honestly though, any Z does the job.
Maybe you can be picky with SS, but with Z I'd suggest anything.
I forgot about the referral code thing, I think I still have 15 energy sitting there considering it's pretty much impossible at this point to get random people to use your code unless I'm one the do so.
You basically want to use an emulator/second device at this point for refferals.

Although I have no idea if they've banned for it. I know some other mobile games that do.

duckroll

Yay, Goli is back! Yeah the game evolved a lot since launch, and even from the point where I started playing earlier this year, they've added a lot. One thing I will always appreciate in this game is that there is no autobattle.

The one thing that drives me totally batshit about this game is that they obviously want people to get hype about the characters and get attached to them - see them trumpeting Samatha's win in the Dengeki poll recently - but they never seem to run "character events". They've run some boosted-chance events, which I apparently missed, but they don't run events where you can for-sure get one of the real emblematic characters of the game, like Samatha or Amina or whatnot. So you end up just... kinda not attached, and kind of drift away.

There's a few characters I'd really like to have! (Yeah hi Sam.) I just wish I didn't have to whale like a fiend to have a remote shot at actually getting them!

Goli

Yay, Goli is back! Yeah the game evolved a lot since launch, and even from the point where I started playing earlier this year, they've added a lot. One thing I will always appreciate in this game is that there is no autobattle.

Yeah, auto battle can make games a little boring sometimes. I never really used auto battle in FFXIII or XIII-2 for example, instead I chose my own commands and used repeat, but for games like Terra Battle or FF Record Keeper sometimes I do, but by doing so they, and I, kind of take literally the only thing you do in the game. That's one of the reasons I stopped playing RK actually... though the FFIX character events almost got me back, but I resisted. Though I'd also argue RK's general gameplay is a lot more basic than TR.

The one thing that drives me totally batshit about this game is that they obviously want people to get hype about the characters and get attached to them - see them trumpeting Samatha's win in the Dengeki poll recently - but they never seem to run "character events". They've run some boosted-chance events, which I apparently missed, but they don't run events where you can for-sure get one of the real emblematic characters of the game, like Samatha or Amina or whatnot. So you end up just... kinda not attached, and kind of drift away.

There's a few characters I'd really like to have! (Yeah hi Sam.) I just wish I didn't have to whale like a fiend to have a remote shot at actually getting them!
Personally I like how they haven't really guaranteed any characters to drop. Even though I know my characters aren't all Z class or the game's "mascots", the fact that each has their own unique story makes me appreciate them more. They feel very "mine."

I actually really like Mistwalker's approach to story in this game, both the world and character building.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Personally I like how they haven't really guaranteed any characters to drop. Even though I know my characters aren't all Z class or the game's "mascots", the fact that each has their own unique story makes me appreciate them more. They feel very "mine."

I actually really like Mistwalker's approach to story in this game, both the world and character building.
I like when you get a character and then it expands the story of a connected character. Sure you can read it all online, but it's cool when you get characters like a set.

I really just want the console version now though; PVP looks like something I'll just do once.

Visceir

Skipped doing Odin during the weekends to farm some coin. I've been constantly broke lately. Should still have enough time to get Odin to 60+% SB though, no Trident buddy drop yet :(

Honestly though, any Z does the job.
Maybe you can be picky with SS, but with Z I'd suggest anything.

Z rank doesn't instantly mean they are superior to any other lower rank character. It only means they are going to need A LOT more exp to level than all the lower rank ones.

Sure she does the job, but then if you set standards like that any B rank would do the job~

Visceir

I still can't beat odin ultra. What is the secret to your power?

I'm gonna focus on getting more guys to 90 then try again next time.

Manmer+S'naip. Just stacking up those Physical Attack x1.5 and Augment Circle modifiers with 3 pincers.

Got my first Trident buddy from Odin!~

Finalow

oh boy, now with Odin^ it's 3 lambdas to level up. this is going to take for-fucking-ever.

I feel bad for whoever wants the KING and tries to level him up, Z with 3 jobs lol.

You basically want to use an emulator/second device at this point for refferals.

Although I have no idea if they've banned for it. I know some other mobile games that do.
do emulators actually work?

correojon

4 strong physical units + 1 healer + bomb disarm. Ignore all magic. If you have a setup like this, Odin is easy as hell.

Yeah, I´m using Bahl, Ma´curi, S´naip, Olber ^, Yukken (for negPro) and Kuscah and he goes down everytime with no sweat. The bombs aren´t even a problem. Use strong physical attacks, a dedicated healer and maybe someone who can buff up defense for your team. Also, I´ve found that mobs are very vulnerable to confusion.

anaron

I had a feeling/was hoping they would do a collab with mobius and I'm so happy to see it happen. Moogles & Chocobos in TB! Gooch can play with his old toys again. :')

correojon

Wow, I just got 4 Deepwater Helixes in a row. I need 1 more though, currently waiting for stamina to refill. The last time I had to farm 5 of them took forever, hope my luck doesn´t change.

Original Odin at 100% now, and only got 1 trident from all the runs.
Bahamut was nicer (4 Mantle Staves).
:(

Anyway, 1 week left before end of month. Which means patch anytime soon'ish.

I had pretty crummy luck with Odin drops, but got him to 48% all the same, which essentially makes him 100% after recode.

And I didn't get a single Rank A companion after thirty runs.

Today is Mantle Helix day, so it's goodbye to Odin either way.

What do you do about life drain? Power through?
You have two options.

1. Be strong enough to kill him before Life Drain.

2. Don't heal after Zantoastkukarabba. His immediate attack after will be Spear or Breath vertical, so horizontal pincer. If spear, he'll do Spear cross for second attack, so avoid. If Breath, he'll do Impair Skill second, so go all-in. Third attack is Life Drain which will do nothing if you didn't heal. You can heal after this if still not done.

Disarm Bomb is awesome for #2, but not essential (just be careful).

Visceir

Seems like 3.0 update also changed metal buddy drops (?), so might want to hold off on updating just yet if you want to farm some more metal buddies.

Visceir

Tharos talked a little about the pvp rewards. The top 30 get an otomo+10 energy, top 100 get just 10 energy, top 100 - 500 get 5 energy and then 500 - 1000 for C cup get 2x5 energy.

The last part was a bit confusing and probably just a mistake.

There are also 9 achievements related to pvp with each of them giving 1 energy.

Visceir

yessss free energy

do you guys think the community for the game has received a bit of a jolt with the recent updates?

Hard to tell. WC numbers are still in decline and I don't think the OTOMOS had the desirable effect.

I'm personally not really all that hyped for pvp, should still be fun tho~

Haven't used my stamina in the past 2 days or so. Don't have any characters/items to spend it on and I'm not going to do any energy pulls until we get another CoT event...but even then getting an awesome buddy wouldn't quite have the same feel as getting an awesome character and slowly opening up/discovering its skills.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I'm almost done with the game, didn't even 100% my second Odin; going to splurge all energy if Kozaki character comes and really just log in for energy after that unless they do something totally new.

zadig

Neo Member
I just started playing again, and re-rolled my account to start with Kuscah as a healer (I never got very far the previous time), and got Gaiga and Sheena as my first two PoT pulls. Is it worth re-rolling? I still miss the Samatha I had on my old phone, which inconveniently died and had to be replaced.

I'm not interested in PvP, personally, I think I'll just be playing to see the story through. I really hope a console version materialises, the character art is really nice.

Visceir

I just started playing again, and re-rolled my account to start with Kuscah as a healer (I never got very far the previous time), and got Gaiga and Sheena as my first two PoT pulls. Is it worth re-rolling? I still miss the Samatha I had on my old phone, which inconveniently died and had to be replaced.

I'm not interested in PvP, personally, I think I'll just be playing to see the story through. I really hope a console version materialises, the character art is really nice.

If you just want to get through the story then it won't matter much what you start out with.

You could always just save the account data and continue rerolling to see if you get something better and go back to that acc when you get tired of it.

zadig

Neo Member
If you just want to get through the story then it won't matter much what you start out with.

You could always just save the account data and continue rerolling to see if you get something better and go back to that acc when you get tired of it.

True, I think I'll just stick with what I've got. If I manage to get the characters I want later it'll be a bonus. :) I've forgotten how much more work it takes to level up and unlock jobs for SS characters though.

I've had a string of luck today, six out of eight runs have provided a Mantle Helix.

Two more to go and I'll be capped (ignoring the monster recodes at the moment).

Then all I gotta do is level up a bunch of characters to infinity, eep.

Top Bottom