• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker/Hironobu Sakaguchi's Terra Battle |OT| Season 2 has been unleashed!

zadig

Neo Member
I'm having no luck collecting Animatons and Dark Matters. :( Pudding Time 2 isn't being kind to me, all I have to show after countless runs is 1 Dark Matter. Would it be better to wait till I get to Pudding Time 3 to unlock jobs for my S/SS characters? I'm only at Chapter 10, so Hunting Zone 3 feels a long way away. :D;

Visceir

I'm having no luck collecting Animatons and Dark Matters. :( Pudding Time 2 isn't being kind to me, all I have to show after countless runs is 1 Dark Matter. Would it be better to wait till I get to Pudding Time 3 to unlock jobs for my S/SS characters? I'm only at Chapter 10, so Hunting Zone 3 feels a long way away. :D;

Getting ores from pudding zone is a crapshoot and very unreliable. Think people have even come to the conclusion that PZ1 might be best for ores as you're only more likely to get more rings from PZ3.

Dark Matters drop in 17-3, might be better off making your way to that chapter and farming the Dark Matter from there. It's a shame you haven't unlocked that stage already as it is currently double item drop day there, 30% chance to have Dark Matter drop.

zadig

Neo Member
Getting ores from pudding zone is a crapshoot and very unreliable. Think people have even come to the conclusion that PZ1 might be best for ores as you're only more likely to get more rings from PZ3.

Dark Matters drop in 17-3, might be better off making your way to that chapter and farming the Dark Matter from there. It's a shame you haven't unlocked that stage already as it is currently double item drop day there, 30% chance to have Dark Matter drop.

Thanks. :) I didn't know that about 17-3. I think I'll continue on with the story for now, even at the rate I'm going I should get there before the next scheduled double drop rate day. :p

kiyoaki

A new Lambda character for free plus new events? Awesome.

I guess the lesson here is to never buy anything from Mistwalker if you want to have nice things.

Visceir

Maybe they decided to just give it to everyone for free because of all the issues with the recent patch. I doubt it was originally planned to give us the character on monday like this.

Thanks. :) I didn't know that about 17-3. I think I'll continue on with the story for now, even at the rate I'm going I should get there before the next scheduled double drop rate day. :p

In that case you might want to aim for 20-1 already as that stage drops both Animaton and Dark matter, has great exp rewards and has a double items drop rate coming sooner than the next one for ch 17.

That stage will probably take you like 15 - 20 min to complete though.

Finalow

honestly I couldn't care less about LUCIA.

give

me

pvp

god
damn

depends, sometimes I run PT3 with 2 THs when I have nothing else to spend my stamina on (meaning I used to run it often) and 80% of the time I got one or two ores at least.

always the ones I do not need, hence now I have like 60 oxseciums and 45 dark matters, still it's probably one of the few cases where TH helps.

Is anyone elses loading screen messed up / has garbled loading text?

Also is maintenance happening at the moment or something? Can't connect.
No problem right now, but I believe 3.0.1 introduced some nasty network bugs which they're trying to fix before releasing PVP.

I've also had trouble connecting at times.

anaron

it probably would've been smarter if they gave away Lucia with PVP up and running to get people checking back in to have more incentive to stick around.

still: yay free character!

Visceir

it probably would've been smarter if they gave away Lucia with PVP up and running to get people checking back in to have more incentive to stick around.

still: yay free character!

There are plenty of items and monsters that you have to collect to eventually recode Lucia (and perhaps actually make her a worthwhile character in lambda form)

If people won't be into pvp then a shoddy character with 1 job won't definitely keep them returning to the game, lol.

The game has gotten some decent updates and has some good upcoming content, it just takes them far too long to get that content out the door to keep people continually engaged.

PVP is coming
Mobius event is coming
Lucia's monsters/items can be turned into a continues additional event.
There's the golem monster character dungeon event that is similar to Jade Dragon's.
They still have unreleased eidolons (Rajin, Phoenix)
Matsuno World~
Do another wave of lambda recodes for SS/S characters.
Puzzle quest
Endless Quest (that they have already started working on)
Team Fujisaka world
Opera quest

But it seems to be taking them more and more time to get anything done.

Meanwhile I've got nothing to spend stamina on and am sitting on 60 energy waiting for the next CoT event~

Edit: got my 350 days login bonus today!

Hige

Did they ever change Treasure Hunter so the percentage rounds up? I think it has no effect on 1% drop rate items like Sentient Flames/Mangled Horns unless you have at least two TH characters on a double drop day or something like that.

Visceir

PvP new launch announced. Can't wait for servers to go down 5 min into pvp and have everyone's characters deleted due to another unforseen bug~

Enjoy it while it lasts then ;)

Did they ever change Treasure Hunter so the percentage rounds up? I think it has no effect on 1% drop rate items like Sentient Flames/Mangled Horns unless you have at least two TH characters on a double drop day or something like that.

It's the other way around. TH used to round down, but now it just increases the accurate precentage result.

Visceir

Tharos posted some information about the upcoming Mobius dungeon too. It'll have branching paths like Jade Dragon.

The Echo character seems to be petrification cure/ward, levitate character with some physical moogle attacks. Doesn't seem very good, but I imagine her petrification cure skill be useful for the dungeon.

Dungeon also drop 3 new otomos, mug/chocobo one will give +10% mdef and +10% matk. It seems pretty OP, but it is also S rank so I imagine it's the main prize for the dungeon.

Ochu buddy will give Conversion Rite with a 500 hp cap (Sheena's has 1000, I think)

Tomberry buddy reduces constant damage by 20.0%, 2 turns (reduces damage from skills like 1000 swords/spears)

I really, really liked Terra Battle because this was the first mobile game I played seriously. I even spent $5 for energy to support the devs. But I have not played in over half a year. I got to the
2nd planet
in the story mode and while the difficulty increase was appreciated, I couldn't motivate myself to grind my less-used characters to ensure the type advantages in the more difficult fights.

If the console version ever becomes realized, I'll definitely check that out.

CoT event coming back again tomorrow. No guaranteed golds, just 2x rates like last time. Guess I'll be pulling 20 silvers~
Eh, I'm still debating doing it. I have only pulled coin companions so far.

I'm at the point now that character pulls are going to be largely disappointing without the 10x event, and possibly disappointing with.

So it's down to potentially powerful companions or skill boost bonuses.

Hige

The CoT event is a trap and I predict nothing but disappointment. Don't fall for it!

It's the other way around. TH used to round down, but now it just increases the accurate precentage result.
That's what I was saying. I had a feeling TH was boosted at some point when it used to be useless for 1% drops, but I wanted to confirm.

So PVP is quite fun, but reading that TB chat is depressing.

Seems a lot of people didn't expect that launch PVP would attract all the Zs, and are getting demolished.

We're are all quickly moving up to A rank anyway.

Also, fffff White Orblings.
I got mine on my healer, but faced a few people with full on team revives.

duckroll

Spent all my 100 VS Stamina, advanced to League A. Not bad. Had a number of wins and a number of losses. I can't see how anyone who doesn't have Z units can have much luck though. Especially with the level cap on the B League, it's just straight up unfair. Lol.

Hige

Had an 8 win streak going with maybe 3 of those wins coming from the A league, then got demolished by a guy with all 4 Z mages and Sam/A'mi. Guess I'm never getting that 10 win streak achievement now.

kiyoaki

Getting beaten up on the first turn by all-Z-mage teams isn't very fun, but PvP isn't bad at all when teams are evenly matched. I think I'd rather stay in B league, lol.

I had a couple of people who disconnected when they lost. Annoying. Also, fast-forward mode should be mandatory.

kiyoaki

Ok, unless I'm missing something, it's completely impossible to win in A league as player 2 if player 1 has Koko and starts in the upper half of the screen. Your opponent can just trap you in the lower half and roast you from above by attacking the character in the center. Right?

duckroll

Had some pretty nice close matches in A League. Pretty friendly players too. One time I made the dumbest move ever which allowed the other player to triple pincer me for immediate victory, and while the attack displays were spamming on and on we were trading emoticons all the way. Even in defeat, it can be fun! Lol.

Ok, unless I'm missing something, it's completely impossible to win in A league as player 2 if player 1 has Koko and starts in the upper half of the screen. Your opponent can just trap you in the lower half and roast you from above by attacking the character in the center. Right?

KokoZ and SamZ are both very useful with regards to that. So is OdinZ. It can be pretty hard to recover from if you don't have strong units with tons of HP. You just need to survive 2 turns really, because once Ami attacks, she'll move, disrupting the formation.

Finalow

SSZ mages are definitely broken as fuck in this cup. also if you know how to block as P1 you have an absurd advantage.

so yeah, as expected it's not balanced at all. not to mention that it's DCs FEST, apparently you can DC without losing points or stamina even

pls MW fix this crap

actually I'm having fun (for now) even if my team is hardly top tier, and if they fix those things it should be good enough. we'll see

Goddamnit I lost a 3-win streak when I got a notification just when the round started which caused the app to freeze then the game awarded me a loss after reconnecting

Baliis

Played up to A, pretty fun so far. Had a couple people that I just stomped, and had one guy bait me hard into a bad position so I got destroyed when Ami moved, was pretty funny. Had one good match where I won basically because my Jennish lived with like a pixel of health and I was able to double pincer on the next turn off of him.

kiyoaki

KokoZ and SamZ are both very useful with regards to that. So is OdinZ. It can be pretty hard to recover from if you don't have strong units with tons of HP. You just need to survive 2 turns really, because once Ami attacks, she'll move, disrupting the formation.
I have a Lambda-only team with high HP, but after two turns I've usually taken too much damage to come back.
I'm about to recode Olber, perhaps he'll make a difference in these situations.

duckroll

Made it to S League. The scariest opponents in A League were the GegonagoZ players who knew how to use and abuse him along with Z mages. I lost one battle without being able to do anything despite some tactical evasion. The most interesting thing about PVP though, is that the human element always allows for the possibilities of a player making a mistake, no matter how OP the team is, so capitalizing on that is important.

I also won one battle where I was completely destroyed by the other player, but as he was finishing my last units off, he... gave up. Either it was a bug or he must have felt really sorry for me. Idk.

Got my 10 win streak with massive luck, and ranked 49.

Seems losing in S rank removes point.
So scared to play more...
Want to be in that top 100 for those free 10 energy.

MVP so far seems to be Koko^ and Gego^, and I don't have them. :°(

Baliis

Having played a bit more now, I don't get how player 2 is ever supposed to win when p1 gets three free turns basically. I usually have 2-3 people dead before I can ever make a pincer and there's literally nothing you can do about it.

Top Bottom