• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker/Hironobu Sakaguchi's Terra Battle |OT| Season 2 has been unleashed!

I've got a solid team for the Mobius boss now, ice lizard dude (the A one, not SS) isn't as essential as I would have hoped though.

Two more runs for Echo Job 3.

How much harder is the Mog drop version? I am confident in my team (Suoh and Ma'curi are MVP if I element lock), but I would probably need to focus more on the reinforcements on a harder version, if I ignore them now it's not too bad, but I could see them wrecking me if not immediately dispatched when stronger.

Meeps

How much harder is the Mog drop version? I am confident in my team (Suoh and Ma'curi are MVP if I element lock), but I would probably need to focus more on the reinforcements on a harder version, if I ignore them now it's not too bad, but I could see them wrecking me if not immediately dispatched when stronger.

It has a lot more HP, but the strategy is pretty much the same. If you don't set up to be able to lock him into sword form on the first turn, it will be a huge pain to recover from. I used Ma'curi too but he's extremely fragile so be careful. I kept healing otomo on most of my magic units for safety. Never leave a unit on the left or right side of the boss or they could die in one turn from the fire+sword attacks.

OMG Aero

It's cool how in order to upgrade the eidolons you need items that only drop from their first stage and hardly anyone is doing them because they want experience from the later stages.
Also when you do manage to get into a game on one of the first stages the items hardly ever drop and the only way to boost your chances is if you have Alika /\ since the level cap means normal Alika and Gatz can't have treasure hunter.

It has a lot more HP, but the strategy is pretty much the same. If you don't set up to be able to lock him into sword form on the first turn, it will be a huge pain to recover from. I used Ma'curi too but he's extremely fragile so be careful. I kept healing otomo on most of my magic units for safety. Never leave a unit on the left or right side of the boss or they could die in one turn from the fire+sword attacks.
Yeah, I got pretty good at initial setup going for Job 3.

My Ma'curi has a decent Rank A shield companion (+20 ATK/DEF, I think).

I thought about trying to evolve some pure ATK companions, but I'm about done dealing with item farming at the moment (all the helixes, the horror).

I miss the NicoNico stream now. At least we could get some decent news on progress.

All we get now are datamined preview stuff. (like upcoming Lucia event)

It's cool how in order to upgrade the eidolons you need items that only drop from their first stage and hardly anyone is doing them because they want experience from the later stages.
Also when you do manage to get into a game on one of the first stages the items hardly ever drop and the only way to boost your chances is if you have Alika /\ since the level cap means normal Alika and Gatz can't have treasure hunter.
Well the top two most used Eidolons (Lamia and Chaos) are still being run often if you check the TB forum chat. I'm sure you can easily get some carries for Chaos III especially.

Foolworm

Also when you do manage to get into a game on one of the first stages the items hardly ever drop and the only way to boost your chances is if you have Alika / since the level cap means normal Alika and Gatz can't have treasure hunter.

Well that's because tier 1 eidolons are easy to run - people usually get random partners in public rooms for those. You could also try QM where eidolon runs can be had for free.

The chat room requests are usually for minimax runs where specialized unit setups are required for speed and efficiency.

Xetherion

Well that's because tier 1 eidolons are easy to run - people usually get random partners in public rooms for those. You could also try QM where eidolon runs can be had for free.

The chat room requests are usually for minimax runs where specialized unit setups are required for speed and efficiency.

What he's saying is it's really hard to find public rooms for tier 1 eidolons because virtually no one is running them. I've given up on getting the eidolons because I can never find a public room for tier 1 and no one ever joins when i host a tier 1 room.

The chance to get S or SS is about 10%, much lower if looking for specifics (ie: SS mage). Just play the game. I tried to reroll when I started, but just ended up playing with an A starter (Korin). I pulled several S and SS as I played, some of the best characters are B rank. You will get a lot of energy as you play. I can also give you my referral code for five energy (you need to finish Chapter 3 first), I think I have a slot or two left.

So I ended up going with a guy with a crazy name. A lizard with ice magic. A class. Just got pretty badly beat on the last battle in chapter 3, but I only tried it once. I pulled a mothbot from the gold pact, he doesn't seem so good. Should I try pulling again with gold or save it up?

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
So I ended up going with a guy with a crazy name. A lizard with ice magic. A class. Just got pretty badly beat on the last battle in chapter 3, but I only tried it once. I pulled a mothbot from the gold pact, he doesn't seem so good. Should I try pulling again with gold or save it up?
Save the gold, your chances of something meaningful from coin pulls is too low.

Save the gold, your chances of something meaningful from coin pulls is too low.
What he said.
Save all gold for job upgrades and recodes at start.

Alright here's the thing with gold pact pulling...

99% of units in there are basic monsters from all 30+ chapters.
These monsters are overall useless (some are used for recode materials though), and are just there to bloat up the pact so you don't get the actual heroes.

There are only about 5-6 actual heroes (some SS and a Z) in there though.

The "trick" is to basically empty out the entire pact by either grinding crazy amount of gold (easiest way but grindy), or capturing most monsters to get their SB to 100% (not recommended).

So basically, don't bother gold pact pulling until you've reached the point where you can easily farm gold.

Visceir

Missed out on Weekly Challenge energy completely this week :(

One thing no one seems to ever mention here is how vital Metal Tickets are for leveling characters quickly. I can literally get any character to lvl 50+ in all jobs in under half an hour using metal tickets to grind levels in Metal Zone arena. If there's the Metal Zone 5/6 event around then I can take the characters all the way to lvl 70+ with close to no effort or time spent.

I think it's very important to farm metal tickets when there's a double item drop rate day in chapter 6.

99% of units in there are basic monsters from all 30+ chapters.
These monsters are overall useless (some are used for recode materials though), and are just there to bloat up the pact so you don't get the actual heroes.

There are only about 5-6 actual heroes (some SS and a Z) in there though.

The "trick" is to basically empty out the entire pact by either grinding crazy amount of gold (easiest way but grindy), or capturing most monsters to get their SB to 100% (not recommended).

This is why most of the hardcore prefer to start off with a Yukken or Rikken. They instantly start working on clearing out PoF as soon as they hit chapter 21, to then get those SS units. Apparently it can go quite fast if you do the capturing method.

Chapter 7 features a boss monster named MantleDrake. That one might actually be useful as a party member for a new player as it is a quite competent Fire Mage character. If you were to co-op with someone who has both Rikken and Yukken you could probably guarantee the monster drop every time you run the stage. Would give you a nice, useful fire mage character that has some decent SB already -- just a random thought.

PM me if you want some help recruiting Mantledrake, TerminalDogma.

Edit: You can also get loads of energy and metal tickets by doing private co-op matches with players. Would probably give you enough energy to get a decent party together, here's more info on it: http://www.terra-battle.com/en/playguide/48.html

OMG Aero

I was just looking through my character list and noticed that there is no character called Samantha, she's actually called Samatha.
Everything I've ever known is a lie.

I ignored the Tears event figuring I had no more need for them (and/or had enough).

Then I looked into building a solid companion stable through evolution.

Oops.

I got a Mog!!

After some careful thinking, I swapped my team around a little. My plan was to be safe and steady over bum rushing. I also used a Time Extension for the first time. This was super helpful and I have a ton of them since I seem to only get that from that particular Daily Quest.

A'merpact was swapped for Zerro Λ. This was more of a utility swap since there is a requirement to get to Big Tonberry is seven turns. I figured this wouldn't be an issue with the Time Extension, but better safe than sorry. And with capsule eating, she was probably (slightly) more useful in dealing with the small enemies on the boss. The ice > fire element didn't seem to tilt the scales in the easier version anyway (and, read below, I ended up not fighting fire boss).

Suoh was swapped for Lunato. This was probably the key to my victory. The small enemies can be petrified (wasn't planning on that!) and Evasive Arts is ridiculously useful. Popping him back and forth between pincers made my team nearly untouchable.

Rest of team remained from Job 3 hunt (Echo, Bahl, Ma'curi, Sorman).

I overpowered the penultimate stage on accident, so I had a bad opening on the boss, primarily not being able to lock him into fire/sword. No biggie, I could use a few turns to take out the small fries. Um, then Ma'curi died. I'm not even sure how (must've looked away for a sec). Boss was now ice/bow, which was okay because I had Bahl. From here it was pretty typical, I kept him locked and chipped away. I lucked out when he summoned healer, I was not able to dispatch it right away but he didn't heal. Took it out next turn and refocused.

Overall it wasn't too bad, I managed it with two dead team members (Echo croaked, but that was probably assumed).

I mighty try to get another tomorrow. Or level Echo/Zerro up some more first. I doubt Echo will contribute much, but she's close to unlocking her last skill anyway. Zerro Λ's bomb skill is probably boss, but I don't see me getting her from 63 to 80 by the time the event ends.

HawthorneKitty

Suoh was swapped for Lunato. This was probably the key to my victory. The small enemies can be petrified (wasn't planning on that!) and Evasive Arts is ridiculously useful. Popping him back and forth between pincers made my team nearly untouchable.
Imagine evasive arts on both sides proccing twice a turn!

So I'm at like chapter 6 or 7. I picked up a couple of metal minion companions and I'm unsure what they do? Will it be explained during the story? Same with eidolons. I'm really liking this game so far.

Xetherion

So I'm at like chapter 6 or 7. I picked up a couple of metal minion companions and I'm unsure what they do? Will it be explained during the story? Same with eidolons. I'm really liking this game so far.

Metal minions are just for leveling up other companions. Eidolons are only used in coop and pvp modes.

new pvp cup coming soon.

I'm 99% positive that they didn't fix shit and it still will be invalid fest
Doubt invalid is fixed yet.
Turn 1 debuff sounds nice, but this won't be an AOE mage-fest meta cup, so...

I'm expecting some dual Olber + A'misandra PITA, or even evasive mofos. :O

Baliis

Not having a full team of lambdas just makes pvp unbearable. How am I supposed to even try to enjoy it when their team can one shot my units, but I can't even get them to half hp?

Not having a full team of lambdas just makes pvp unbearable. How am I supposed to even try to enjoy it when their team can one shot my units, but I can't even get them to half hp?
Such is the reality of all f2p gacha mobile games with PVP.

Just try to enjoy it from Rank B to S (free energy!), but avoid trying to get to the top 500.

B > S shouldn't be too hard once all the hardcore have moved up in a day or 2.

Visceir

Such is the reality of all f2p gacha mobile games with PVP.

Just try to enjoy it from Rank B to S (free energy!), but avoid trying to get to the top 500.

B > S shouldn't be too hard once all the hardcore have moved up in a day or 2.

I think the issue stems more from the game already being around for 1 year and the people who played from day one having a massive headstart.

Or maybe you just shouldn't expect to compete with someone who have put waaay more time into the game.

Cromat

Well I just downloaded this game and thought I'd give it a try, got an SS Samantha on my first roll. Is she good? And why is this game stealing my DBZ Dokkan Battle luck?

OMG Aero

It's weird how they changed the title screen music then sent out a notification saying you could buy the song in iTunes since you only hear like the first five seconds of it.
They should have changed one of the menu songs to it if they actually wanted people to listen to it.

HawthorneKitty

It's weird how they changed the title screen music then sent out a notification saying you could buy the song in iTunes since you only hear like the first five seconds of it.
They should have changed one of the menu songs to it if they actually wanted people to listen to it.
Funny, I spent couple mins just keeping the phone from sleeping just to listen to the whole thing; it's long but good.
It's been on Youtube for a month though
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlYffoA6IDg

anaron

new music loading in is so nice to hear, I was so sick of the original title screen music.

the "la la la la" bit reminds me of "Star Stealing Girl" from Chrono Cross. <3

Visceir

Lucia event coming Nov 4 and will last 29 days. Her lambda version will actually have nice skills, stats supposedly suck tho, still want~

Haven't really used any stamina in the past week or so. FF Brave Exvius has taken over my playtime.

Finalow

don't really care too much about Lucia but it's nice that we're getting new events, at least.

now where the fuck are my new SS lambdas, been asking since 2002

Top Bottom