• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker/Hironobu Sakaguchi's Terra Battle |OT| Season 2 has been unleashed!

OMG Aero

The third boss of the Lucia event is such a pain in the ass.
Even when you figure out the trick to it (
pincer the heal orbling and it will heal you and not the enemies
) the boss still takes forever to kill and you are never in any danger of dying.
I was going to try and get Lucia and the two bosses to 100% before I recode her, but now I'm just going to get Lucia and the fire boss to 100% instead and ignore the electric boss.

GordonShumway

Neo Member
) the boss still takes forever to kill and you are never in any danger of dying.
I was going to try and get Lucia and the two bosses to 100% before I recode her, but now I'm just going to get Lucia and the fire boss to 100% instead and ignore the electric boss.

Is there any point to get the other two bosses to 100% before recoding Lucia? I was assuming the best way to go was just to get Lucia to 100% and ignoring the SB for the other bosses since they're going to disappear with the recode anyway.

correojon

I just spent 30 minutes on the last boss with a full team of Lambdas and only got him down to 50% health. This is totally broken, I really hope they do something about it, this is not fun.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Is there any point to get the other two bosses to 100% before recoding Lucia? I was assuming the best way to go was just to get Lucia to 100% and ignoring the SB for the other bosses since they're going to disappear with the recode anyway.
Yes, this is the way; the only stipulation that could have existed is the keys, but they like guarantee them to you so it's not an issue.

Staab

It's quite painful... stage 3 took me like 2hours at work, with intermittent play :p
And it suuuuucks so much when the healing orbling isn't pincer'able, it happened twice in a row for me and I almost lost some characters, lol

I'm dreading having to chain it a couple of times for the items...
Thank god we got those 3 energy for the event start, will offset some of the pain.

edit: I'm running with Sam^, Sheena, Zerro^ all at 100% SB, Invincible job3, Lucia and a random (was with Echo that time but will probably bring Jennish^ in next time)

HawthorneKitty

What team are you guys using on that boss?
I can't imagine it taking longer than the 34-10 Hard mode boss...

correojon

I brought Zerro^, Seiryu, Odin^, Bahamut^, Levi^ and 36AIS. But I think it would´ve been much better to just go with strong spear users, no healer and less mages, as the boss has 50% defense against Shadow and Odin is proving very valuable to kill the mobs.

If you recode with a monster being 100%, your new Λ guy will gain an extra 20% SB (so 40% with both monster max).

EDIT: NM. just get Lucia to 100%, skip others.
Unless you want to recap both monsters and then grind again to 100% for completionist sake. haha.

correojon

It's quite painful... stage 3 took me like 2hours at work, with intermittent play :p
And it suuuuucks so much when the healing orbling isn't pincer'able, it happened twice in a row for me and I almost lost some characters, lol

I'm dreading having to chain it a couple of times for the items...
Thank god we got those 3 energy for the event start, will offset some of the pain.

edit: I'm running with Sam^, Sheena, Zerro^ all at 100% SB, Invincible job3, Lucia and a random (was with Echo that time but will probably bring Jennish^ in next time)

Jennish is lightning based right? Be careful, as the boss may recover health from lightning attacks.

duckroll

This Lucia event is fucking hilarious. I managed to capture both monsters, but goddamn Storm Witch was a pain in the BUTT because of my team set up. Took so long my phone battery almost died. Lol.

This Lucia event is fucking hilarious. I managed to capture both monsters, but goddamn Storm Witch was a pain in the BUTT because of my team set up. Took so long my phone battery almost died. Lol.
Decent fight concept though.

They made it a bit tedious with high HP, but it's for a free Z anyway.

I'm sidetracking to Metal Zones to get my Rikken up to Negotiator Pro, then I'll go back to the event.

I guess the super goal would be Lucia to 70%+, recode, then get another Lucia to 70%+?

OMG Aero

That's a really good point, my plan was to get Lucia to 80% then the two monsters to 100% but I didn't think of just getting Lucia to 100% instead because I'm an idiot.
What team are you guys using on that boss?
I can't imagine it taking longer than the 34-10 Hard mode boss...
When I was fighting it I went in with Zerro /\, Lewto /\, Koko /\, Olber /\, Lucia (for the guaranteed drop), and Amisandra /\ (I didn't know about the nullify healing beforehand so this was pretty much a wasted slot).
It seemed like it was taking less damage to magic but even if I replaced my magic users with physical attackers I still think it would have taken a long time based on the damage Olber was doing when his skills activated.

HawthorneKitty

Huh, destroyed the boss in a few turns with Samatha^, Yukken^, Olber^, S'naip, Zuzu and Invincible.
Used Self-sacrafice Olber, don't know if that was a good idea.
I guess going straight to 100% Lucia isn't the way to go since you'll be lacking 1 of the items needed.

Huh, destroyed the boss in a few turns with Samatha^, Yukken^, Olber^, S'naip, Zuzu and Invincible.
Used Self-sacrafice Olber, don't know if that was a good idea.
I guess going straight to 100% Lucia isn't the way to go since you'll be lacking 1 of the items needed.
Start with lion until 5 compass.
Then run back to Lucia after for rest + SB.

correojon

What´s the use for "Key of Hearts" and "Key of Diamonds"? Lucia doesn´t seem to need them for the recode, but I keep getting them and I already have 14 Key of Hearts.

Hige

What´s the use for "Key of Hearts" and "Key of Diamonds"? Lucia doesn´t seem to need them for the recode, but I keep getting them and I already have 14 Key of Hearts.
They're consumable items (like metal tickets) that let you access the second and third Lucia dungeons.

HawthorneKitty

They are required to attempt stages II and III of the Lucia event.

Staab

Lucia up to 28% SB, Leonidas and Storm witch both at 15%...
Got all the items for her recode but I'll work on her SB a bit more !

She's got a really interesting kit with the mix of fire, lightning and "trance" stuff, as well as revive and some heals.

GordonShumway

Neo Member
Do we know if a metal zone event is coming up soon? My Lucia is sitting at level 52. Wondering if I should be wasting stamina on metal zones or holding out for zones 5 & 6 to show up in the arena.

Do we know if a metal zone event is coming up soon? My Lucia is sitting at level 52. Wondering if I should be wasting stamina on metal zones or holding out for zones 5 & 6 to show up in the arena.
No, but it's probably a safe bet that they will appear at some point during the Lucia event.

It probably wouldn't hurt to burn a little stamina though, the event is almost a month long. I ran Metal Zone 5 King a few times before actually starting the event myself. Now getting her from 70 to 80 will be annoying, bah. But it must be done so I can get the non-Λ version again (and boosted a bit). For science?

OMG Aero

Yay I did it!
5EQhMFP.jpg
Uh... Is her artwork supposed to not be coloured in?

duckroll

Okay, got all the materials I need, have both monsters over lvl50. Now it's just a matter of skill boosting Lucia before the big recode. Should be ready to do that in about 3 days. Then it's just a matter of recruiting normal Lucia again and the two monsters, and I'm fucking done with this event. Pretty fun though. Way better than Jade Dragon! :p

So I just wasted 35 stamina, heh.

I went into Lucia II woefully unprepared thinking a Difficulty 45 would be little sweat.

On that note, I really need Seiryu to get to Level 80 so I can stop dragging him around for scrap EXP, he's not doing me any favors.

Since Lucia II gives the third recode item, there's no reason to deal with Lucia III once you have the monster drop, right?

I mean, it was kind of a fun battle, but definitely taxing.

OMG Aero

Since Lucia II gives the third recode item, there's no reason to deal with Lucia III once you have the monster drop, right?

I mean, it was kind of a fun battle, but definitely taxing.
If the only two recode items you need are the ones Storm Witch drops then it's more efficient to only do that one since you don't run the risk of getting an item you don't need, but even then it's probably faster to just do Lucia 1 and 2 because Storm Witch takes so long and you're getting extra skill boost for Lucia at the same time.

Seems MZK 5-6 will be up in the arena soon.
Time to level that new Lucia.

Also, I think there will be a NicoNico stream tomorrow, but I might be misreading it.

duckroll

Recoded Lucia without getting her up to 100%. 80% is enough to activate all her skills all the time, so I'm not wasting any more time grinding pointless SB. Instead now is the time to level Lucia^ and Jennish up to lvl50 so I can abuse MZK 5 & 6 when they arrive! I'll probably just get Jennish up to 80/80/80 and wait until I have his monsters at 100% SB each before recoding for best effect.

Finalow

can't even fucking recode Lucia in time before this MKZ event ends, 4 runs = 4 lanterns, nice 50fucking%.

bad timing too, feels like too soon to assume that everyone already has Lucia^

What is recoding? I'm only on Chapter 8, so if it's something the game will explain to me down the line, that's cool. Also, I pulled a Z class character (forget the name, but she's got a dude in a red coffin with her). She is SUPER hard to level, but I'm assuming it's worth it to get her on par with the rest of my team?

lol at Jaguna Z announcement. :D

What is recoding? I'm only on Chapter 8, so if it's something the game will explain to me down the line, that's cool. Also, I pulled a Z class character (forget the name, but she's got a dude in a red coffin with her). She is SUPER hard to level, but I'm assuming it's worth it to get her on par with the rest of my team?
Some S/SS guys can be recoded to a Z rank.
It requires a bunch of material, some monsters and the character needs to be level 80 in all 3 jobs.

Note that the Z rank can also be pulled from Pact of Truth.

vladisaac

Lucia at 80%, I still have to drop 2 compasses...
I don't really think the drop rate is really 50% for each item, and Lucia III is too time consuming.

Top Bottom