• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker/Hironobu Sakaguchi's Terra Battle |OT| Season 2 has been unleashed!

Wallach

Random question: do you folks feel this plays better on an phone or a tablet? I've been playing it on my iPad, but sometimes I feel like the size is kind of a detriment when trying to make larger moves. Was considering switching over to my iPhone.

Arabesque

iCO9yMJ.jpg

Qi2XwKM.jpg

Done with SB farming. Time to get Echo to 65 in Job 1 and then beat Omega 4 times.

All those Ochu were gotten by complete accident each time because I triggered him without intending too. Had to spend an energy once as well the last time.

Random question: do you folks feel this plays better on an phone or a tablet? I've been playing it on my iPad, but sometimes I feel like the size is kind of a detriment when trying to make larger moves. Was considering switching over to my iPhone.

I can't seem to be comfortable playing on anything other than tablet. I feel like I have more freedom to decided my moves.

I do think that it depends on the size of the iPhone. Try and play it and see if it feels better for you.

Arabesque

Unless you're lacking metal tickets, you probably should've got her Job 2 and 3 first so you can abuse Metal King 5-6 in the arena. It's gone in a few hours.

I'm planning to use 20-1 to do that since I also need to get Animations as well (so killing 2 birds with 1 stone) but maybe I should get her to Job 2 first, yeah.

But she dies so easily in Path B.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I've tried both and iphone was better for me since quick movements trumped super precise ones.

Staab

I didn't feel comfortable at all playing on a Galaxy 10.5, movements were clearly slower for me as opposed to playing on my Xperia Z3 compact.
So for me, phone clearly is better suited to it.

In other news: Echo job 3, get !
Now to SB farm and get to route D ;)

Wallach

I've tried both and iphone was better for me since quick movements trumped super precise ones.

I didn't feel comfortable at all playing on a Galaxy 10.5, movements were clearly slower for me as opposed to playing on my Xperia Z3 compact.
So for me, phone clearly is better suited to it.

I'll try swapping my account over to my 6s and give that a try. The timer seems to be my biggest enemy so far, though I don't have anyone leveled enough yet to have the timer extension buffs.

Alright what's the trick to tonberry king if I want to kill the 999 hp tonberry for the drop on the previous wave?

Route C boss wrecked me even after I used some energy. I really need more guys at 90 asap. Is 20-1 still the best xp zone?

duckroll

Alright what's the trick to tonberry king if I want to kill the 999 hp tonberry for the drop on the previous wave?

Prepare two characters in your party who can deal just over 999 damage with pincer only attacks. No area attacks. Pincer the 999 Tonberry and kill it, don't chain anyone else. In the next battle everyone will take 999 damage, which should totally be survivable. Then just fight back while healing.

Prepare two characters in your party who can deal just over 999 damage with pincer only attacks. No area attacks. Pincer the 999 Tonberry and kill it, don't chain anyone else. In the next battle everyone will take 999 damage, which should totally be survivable. Then just fight back while healing.

The problem I was having was on the king itself. I didn't realize you had to dodge (area 1) after the !! tell. He wrecks anyone in range after that.

I have one more drop to get before I have Echo job 3. Then it's grinding time. I don't know if I can pull off the moogle companion. How bad is the route D boss?

HawthorneKitty

The problem I was having was on the king itself. I didn't realize you had to dodge (area 1) after the !! tell. He wrecks anyone in range after that.

I have one more drop to get before I have Echo job 3. Then it's grinding time. I don't know if I can pull off the moogle companion. How bad is the route D boss?
He hits like 50% harder, so if Final C boss gives you any trouble, it's probably a lost cause for now.

Oh shit, I did a single pull to celebrate finishing Echo's job 3 items. Got Gugba. Shit is on now. Can he hurt the metal zone 6 satellites without gravity?

Visceir

Next events will be 1/2 stamina eidolon event and coincreeps in arena.

Guess that will be an ideal time to level all those lvl 70 chars to 80+.

Tharos also posted a pic of Lucia's recode:
J0EiH2K.png

People seem to guess you'll be able to use the monster's skills as the lambda version, since the SS only has 1 job.

Arabesque

Is anyone having problems in Path C with using the guest character? Sometimes stuff like this happen and forces me to use energy to finish the fight

When it first happened I thought I messed up somewhere but then it started becoming more evident whenever my characters just pass through him, and enemy's don't interact at all (no damage, phase through him, don't even knock him back) is this a glitch or am I being stupid and not getting something?

HawthorneKitty

Is anyone having problems in Path C with using the guest character? Sometimes stuff like this happen and forces me to use energy to finish the fight

When it first happened I thought I messed up somewhere but then it started becoming more evident whenever my characters just pass through him, and enemy's don't interact at all (no damage, phase through him, don't even knock him back) is this a glitch or am I being stupid and not getting something?
Yeah, that's a glitch. You should be locking it in sword form too to avoid vertical attacks.

Arabesque

Yeah, that's a glitch. You should be locking it in sword form too to avoid vertical attacks.

Yeah I had been doing that but then I stop being able to use the guest character and things just go to hell after that.

Guess I'll have to hold off from going through Path C for the time being then, shame, Echo getting Job 3 would've made her better but I can't do that with this glitch.

HawthorneKitty

Yeah I had been doing that but then I stop being able to use the guest character and things just go to hell after that.

Guess I'll have to hold off from going through Path C for the time being then, shame, Echo getting Job 3 would've made her better but I can't do that with this glitch.
Ah forgot.
Has it really been happening every time? I think I've only encountered it like twice in the story mode.

Arabesque

Ah forgot.
Has it really been happening every time? I think I've only encountered it like twice in the story mode.

I've done Path C twice, and it happened every time yes.

I don't know if I can just keep on spending energy on that. I might as well get my party to a high enough level then so they could survive first whenever the glitch happens.

I've done Path C twice, and it happened every time yes.

I don't know if I can just keep on spending energy on that. I might as well get my party to a high enough level then so they could survive first whenever the glitch happens.

Does the WOL stay stuck when the boss moves?

Arabesque

Does the WOL stay stuck when the boss moves?

Sometimes. Other times he just stays stuck until I move him myself, or if I try to anyway.

I do know that if the boss moves and he gets unstuck, he gets flunged to the end of the field somewhere. Typically to the bottom right in the 2 runs I've done.

Sometimes. Other times he just stays stuck until I move him myself, or if I try to anyway.

I do know that if the boss moves and he gets unstuck, he gets flunged to the end of the field somewhere. Typically to the bottom right in the 2 runs I've done.

That's not unwinable then. Just stop leaving the rest of your guys in range / do less complex moves around the boss when directly moving WOL.

So, this may also help, but a high level healer, a high level attacker, and WOL can attack the boss constantly, no matter what phase.

WOL can't die, so he's perfect for being put in the line of fire to complete a pincer. Freeze the mode when you can and then try for elaborate stuff, but until then just keep everyone out of the danger zones (2nd row from the top and bottom and in the boss attack ranges) and focus on killing adds. If the 3rd set of adds heals him, you aren't screwed. The adds only seem to spawn at set hp thresholds, around 4 times. So even if he gets healed, he won't spawn the healer again so you can stay alive and power through it. DEFINITELY take advantage of WOLs invincibility though.

Arabesque

Yeah, I didn't realise that either. Made the entire thing much simpler to do.

That's not unwinable then. Just stop leaving the rest of your guys in range / do less complex moves around the boss when directly moving WOL.

So, this may also help, but a high level healer, a high level attacker, and WOL can attack the boss constantly, no matter what phase.

WOL can't die, so he's perfect for being put in the line of fire to complete a pincer. Freeze the mode when you can and then try for elaborate stuff, but until then just keep everyone out of the danger zones (2nd row from the top and bottom and in the boss attack ranges) and focus on killing adds. If the 3rd set of adds heals him, you aren't screwed. The adds only seem to spawn at set hp thresholds, around 4 times. So even if he gets healed, he won't spawn the healer again so you can stay alive and power through it. DEFINITELY take advantage of WOLs invincibility though.

Thanks for the help. I finally managed to defeate Path C and get Echo to job 3 thanks to your suggestion.

Now Echo needs 11 more levels for Job 2 and the. Just get her high enough for Job 3 to complete the event.

Falk

that puzzling face
Whole tablet vs phone discussion reminds me of sensitivity debates in FPS.

Always low sensitivity for precision. If I need quick turns I can fling my hand just fine. Lots of practice. (...)

tl;dr Tablet

Visceir

Wow, didn't know WOL could not die.

Had one C path run where only SamZ and GegoZ survived the karma attack and I had to get through the rest of the way with only those 2. Fortunately both had healing wands equipped and I managed just fine, that's also when I discovered WOL couldn't die.

Had one C path run where only SamZ and GegoZ survived the karma attack and I had to get through the rest of the way with only those 2. Fortunately both had healing wands equipped and I managed just fine, that's also when I discovered WOL couldn't die.

I should also note that WOL doesn't count for one of your guys, so if all but one of your guys and WOL are left, you still lose. So you have a minimum of 3 guys on the field.

Foolworm

I should also note that WOL doesn't count for one of your guys, so if all but one of your guys and WOL are left, you still lose. So you have a minimum of 3 guys on the field.

The upside of that though is that you can just reload the game if you get a game over, and you'll be booted back to the start of the fight.

correojon

If someone needs to farm Tranquil Clocks the best stage is 34-9, not 33-5 as the Wiki says. I´ve spent more than 2 weeks farming 33-5 to only get 9 of them using Gatz and even with an Item Drop Rate Up day, whereas I just got 5 of them in just 2 runs of 34-9. 34-9 also seems to be the best place to farm Tome of Enlightment, so if you want to unlock the jobs for 36AIS or 54B2 this is the place to go.

Staab

I've spent 200 stamina on 26-5 for Deepwater Helixes and have not had a single one...
Wtf is up with that, I even have a TH (Gatz) in my party, goddamn !

Visceir

Most of the artwork relating to Lucia's event is giving me heavy halloween vibes. I think the FF event ends a day before halloween so hopefully we'll be getting Lucia's event the same weekend.

Been abusing the 1/2 eidolon event to level some of my units to lvl 90 in preparation for the bruiser cup. I'm guessing the meta is either going to be loads of status effects and/or evasive arts buffs. I maxed out both of my Olbers just in case, haha.

Hige

I've spent 200 stamina on 26-5 for Deepwater Helixes and have not had a single one...
Wtf is up with that, I even have a TH (Gatz) in my party, goddamn !
Daily Bonus Calendar

Don't farm helices unless it's a double drop day. Treasure Hunter isn't that helpful and I think it still rounds down, so you're only raising your chance of a helix from 18% to 22% on a non-bonus day. Don't forget you can also change your time zone to access the bonus days earlier so you can spend more natural stamina on farming.

We'll soon be getting 3 energy and a new Λ Λ Metal Minion for a tweet event they did a few hours ago.

CR0-2lUUsAAN3Za.png

Someone said they forgot to add a zero. Why we reached it so fast. :p

Visceir

What do you do to level characters with the eidolon quests? Do you have to have someone else helping you?

Yea. Pretty much how it goes is you bring the characters you want to level and one or two other players bring the characters you actually need to beat the stage (Chaos II and Chaos III seem to be the prefered ones).

Player one does the double pincer on chaos on first turn and player 2 kills chaos with the power point that was generated. You usually get ~190 k exp per run -- right now with half stamina it's 10 stamina for 190 k exp. Takes less than 2 minutes to complete the stage.

Terrabattleforums chat is a good place to find people who will carry you through the stage. Right now I imagine it would be fairly easy to start a public match and have people join you that way. Just need to make sure one of the other players has a Jennish...and be nimble enough to do the double pincer in first turn.

Edit: here is a video of one Chaos II run: https://www.kamcord.com/v/iBt34IBGgW7

Finalow

I wish I had some characters worth levelling, now that I'm done terra-grinding mobius event and coins I'm back to do nothing until next cup/next event.

I almost forgot to Job 3 Echo, guess I'll focus on that today/tomorrow.

I'm not entirely confident on my ability to get a Mog though, maybe with some squad rearranging (Zerro and Koko aren't exactly doing me favors on the boss, for example).

My level 90 ice lizard dude might be the key player if I can manage a constant element lock.

It's easier than it has ever been with the half stamina eidolon event going on.
Well, too late now (maybe for the Z versions?), but I also generally play at times/situations where I can't setup (or play nice) in co-op.

So I just downloaded the game last night, and I think I've tried re-rolling about 6 times now, maybe more. Highest rank I've gotten is A. It's getting tiresome. Is it essential that I re-roll till I get an SS, or can I just start the game already even with a rank B or A?

So I just downloaded the game last night, and I think I've tried re-rolling about 6 times now, maybe more. Highest rank I've gotten is A. It's getting tiresome. Is it essential that I re-roll till I get an SS, or can I just start the game already even with a rank B or A?
The chance to get S or SS is about 10%, much lower if looking for specifics (ie: SS mage). Just play the game. I tried to reroll when I started, but just ended up playing with an A starter (Korin). I pulled several S and SS as I played, some of the best characters are B rank. You will get a lot of energy as you play. I can also give you my referral code for five energy (you need to finish Chapter 3 first), I think I have a slot or two left.

HawthorneKitty

It's never essential, a lot of units below SS are very useful; there's just certain units that you should avoid.

Top Bottom