• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker/Hironobu Sakaguchi's Terra Battle |OT| Season 2 has been unleashed!

Finalow

considering how in the team there are like 4 people besides Sakaguchi and how they're struggling with this game I don't think we'll ever see the console version.
unless they go for a kickstarter asking (a lot of) money and hiring a bunch of other people.

duckroll

considering how in the team there are like 4 people besides Sakaguchi and how they're struggling with this game I don't think we'll ever see the console version.
unless they go for a kickstarter asking (a lot of) money and hiring a bunch of other people.

Why would a console version be developed by Mistwalker? That was never realistically going to be the case. They would be the planning studio like they were for all their console and handheld games, but the actual development would be done by larger studios contracted to work with them. I'm sure if they actually do make this, that's how it'll be done.

Finalow

Why would a console version be developed by Mistwalker? That was never realistically going to be the case. They would be the planning studio like they were for all their console and handheld games, but the actual development would be done by larger studios contracted to work with them. I'm sure if they actually do make this, that's how it'll be done.
oh, I thought they had enough manpower for their past console games, before going full mobile. and looking at it now it's true that those games were co-developed.
still, you think they won't need to kickstart it? I see that being likely, and they could leverage the existing mobile TB userbase with bonuses and such (before it dies out completely, lol) to get at least those people as backers.

duckroll

While Kickstarter isn't out of the question, I think that it is more likely that Sakaguchi will simply leverage his Japanese connections and get a publisher on board. Maybe Kadokawa.

Staab

Retweet event rewards are being sent out, just received the package (materials, meh, was hoping for the other pack) and one free energy for the extra tweets (yay, I guess) !

They also just launched a 1/2 Stamina event for Eidolon battles, coupled with the 1/2 Stamina story missions event, I've been very active on the game this week.

Falk

that puzzling face
While Kickstarter isn't out of the question, I think that it is more likely that Sakaguchi will simply leverage his Japanese connections and get a publisher on board. Maybe Kadokawa.

The Gooch literally could just show up at any dev house and say "hey wanna work on my game" and they'd probably drop everything to do it.

They also just launched a 1/2 Stamina event for Eidolon battles, coupled with the 1/2 Stamina story missions event, I've been very active on the game this week.
Best time ever to farm Metal Tickets, Elixir, Mantle and Deepwater Helix.
(set your timezone for tomorrow)

I've been leveling my "mechanic" monsters for the upcoming PVP cup, but the skills they have sucks. No way these are going to be useful.

Had a 409-day login chain broken on Monday :(

I logged in on Monday BEFORE it rolls over to the next day, but I was in the middle of a battle so I didn't notice the lack of a message. My next login was on Tuesday after rollover.

So I'm still having a ton of trouble with storm witch, but I'm on the verge of having enough items to recode Piz'fer. Do I recode him, or will he be stronger at job 3 80 than I can get his recode in a short period of time?

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
So I'm still having a ton of trouble with storm witch, but I'm on the verge of having enough items to recode Piz'fer. Do I recode him, or will he be stronger at job 3 80 than I can get his recode in a short period of time?
Training him back to an appropriate level after recode will take quite some time...

Visceir

Tharos: ok, confirmed by the code function name "InMatsunoQuest()

This should make Duckroll happy.

Tharos also mentioned something about being able to evolve metal minions to better ones for 10,000 coin.

Some decent PVP changes reward-wise.

Also, 2-gold card pull event next week.
Gotta get my Gego to 100%. :O

On that note, after 400+ days of TB, Palpa is finally 100%.
No more troll dupes.

HawthorneKitty

Yay, finally got Lamia III.
Saddest moments were when people failed to recognize that she was doing all her status attacks next and doomed us all.

anaron

Now I know why they didn't have time to fix PVP bugs yet...

CUKjiCLUkAAQoEU.jpg:large
looks great!

anyone able to translate what the caption says?

RIiqR9j.jpg

kiyoaki

looks great!

anyone able to translate what the caption says?

RIiqR9j.jpg
"A memo from the Terra hut - with Mr Sakari and Mr Mutô, who are advancing the figure-making process together with us."

Got Lamia to level 2. I think I'll stop there, the additional turn Malediction III gives makes barely a difference in PvP anyway.

I have 86 energy, so enough for two gold cards. I really want Amisandra or a second Lambda mage.

So if they do release Jaguna Z today alongside the PoT event, don't forget to recode first and PoF old Jaguna back to 100%.

Else you might waste a PoT pull on old Jaguna.

Anyway, hoping for a treasure guy for once. Only major character skill I'm missing.
(and Pupropé Λ for my perv collection)

Hige

^ Olber is fantastic, congrats!

I basically hit the jackpot today - used 100 energy and got 6 golds, all brand new: 36AIS, Rikken, Bajanna, Pupru, Amina, and Jennish. I never skill boost and usually at least a third of my golds are dupes, so that was awesome.

I didn't realize I'm only missing 4 SS and 5 S now if you don't count ones I've recoded, so I'm living life dangerously if I roll at this point.

Staab

One 10-pull and got : Samatha (have Zam...) and Camellia (dupe).
I'm sad :(

In other news I recoded Amazora and Jaguna, fuck do they eat up exp !
Love the art tho :D

How far is the main story at right now?
I've since quit the game when chapter 31 got released since I got burned out by the Λ grind. This game is a lot of work lol.
I see there are companions now but i'm not too sure how they're used asides from equipping them. What else is new?

vladisaac

Got Zerro and Gaiga yay~. Using 50 more energies tomorrow (I've been saving up for quite some time now).
Please, I have yet to recode Jaguna & Amazora, don't give me their lambda version ;___;.

How far is the main story at right now?
I've since quit the game when chapter 31 got released since I got burned out by the Λ grind. This game is a lot of work lol.
I see there are companions now but i'm not too sure how they're used asides from equipping them. What else is new?

34 chapters released.
Companions are adding additional stats/skills by equipping them to your characters.
Aside from that, the latest addition is the (broken) PVP mode.

anaron

"A memo from the Terra hut - with Mr Sakari and Mr Mutô, who are advancing the figure-making process together with us."

Got Lamia to level 2. I think I'll stop there, the additional turn Malediction III gives makes barely a difference in PvP anyway.

I have 86 energy, so enough for two gold cards. I really want Amisandra or a second Lambda mage.

oh awesome thanks. I was expecting it to say Fujisaka is emotional at the reveal. lol

linkent

3stamina bars 0 white hole.
Czekras and Gatz at 97% SB.
Think the game dont want me to do this Pact :(

Is that Scar boss already in the PoF?

linkent

Yeah, I already pulled it without having to fight it again.
Pull 10x with less then 10monster that need 100% SB.
Didnt get him.
Think i have to clear the pof later.

Edit: another day of 0 White Hole.
The game dont want me to pull this time :(

Did my second 10 pull after I rush recoded my Olber.

I re-pull SS Olber. Somewhat glad I recoded, so now I got both versions...
...but still WTF RNG.
Edit: another day of 0 White Hole.
The game dont want me to pull this time :(
I never farm stuff when it isn't double drop days for these reasons. :(

duckroll

I forgot to mention, but I did a 10 pull yesterday and got nothing but useless shit other than S'naip. He was the only actual non-dupe. My two golds were Lewto and Palpa. I also recall seeing R'zonand pop up at least 3 times, maybe 4. Goddamnit! Might do another pull today... but.... maybe not.

I forgot to mention, but I did a 10 pull yesterday and got nothing but useless shit other than S'naip. He was the only actual non-dupe. My two golds were Lewto and Palpa. I also recall seeing R'zonand pop up at least 3 times, maybe 4. Goddamnit! Might do another pull today... but.... maybe not.
Also worth waiting since only 1 new hero in pool (Jaguna is somewhat freebie), and no Kozaki stuff either.

Drag that Palpa everywhere.
Finally getting her to 100% was greatest TB event for me this week.

Vamphuntr

I started playing this today. I'm enjoying this so far. I'm not a fan of mobile games and the only other one I played actively was Record Keeper but I got fed up with the progression system in it. I did a pull and got some SS guy that is much more powerful than the rest of the beginning units I have. I'm liking the fact that positioning and strategy has a role to play. Art is pretty great and I always enjoy Sakaguchi's games. Off to read a wiki and understand the mechanics more!

HawthorneKitty

I started playing this today. I'm enjoying this so far. I'm not a fan of mobile games and the only other one I played actively was Record Keeper but I got fed up with the progression system in it. I did a pull and got some SS guy that is much more powerful than the rest of the beginning units I have. I'm liking the fact that positioning and strategy has a role to play. Art is pretty great and I always enjoy Sakaguchi's games. Off to read a wiki and understand the mechanics more!
Which SS? :O

duckroll

Yes, I also feel that out of the various F2P "RPG" games from Japan I've played for mobile so far, Terra Battle by far has the most enjoyable proper gameplay. There's no autobattle, there's actual placement and strategy, and even though the gacha element is pretty integrated into the game, there's still a sense that player input has a large influence on the outcome of battles rather than just luck.

Xetherion

I consider lack of autobattle a detriment. Repeating the same movements over and over when grinding stages i've already completed is boring as hell, I would much rather have an auto loot button that just spends the stamina cost for the stage and then gives me the loot that would drop. Even if doing so meant losing out on the opportunity to gain SB.

Finalow

first 10 pull was garbage as usual, only new character was 36AIS. I like the art but I'm not even sure if she's better than B healers, since she has good skills but lacks heal x1.5

second 10 pull was satisfying for once, ZOlber and fucking-finally A'misandra. now I have all the healers in the game~

your luck has run out after you pulled 3 SSZmages aka best characters in the game. pulling shit after that is the natural consequence~

Visceir

I consider lack of autobattle a detriment. Repeating the same movements over and over when grinding stages i've already completed is boring as hell, I would much rather have an auto loot button that just spends the stamina cost for the stage and then gives me the loot that would drop. Even if doing so meant losing out on the opportunity to gain SB.

Haha, completely disagree with this.

Even while SBing and grinding the same stage hundreds of times I ended up trying to gradually become more and more efficient with my movements and I believe that actually made me much better at the game and moving my units.

Now with having been away for weeks from the game I feel so cumbersome while trying to move my units in WC.

Having a gacha game feature player skill progression like that is extremely rare and impressive.

Vamphuntr

Which SS? :O

Czekras no idea if it's good or not.

Yes, I also feel that out of the various F2P "RPG" games from Japan I've played for mobile so far, Terra Battle by far has the most enjoyable proper gameplay. There's no autobattle, there's actual placement and strategy, and even though the gacha element is pretty integrated into the game, there's still a sense that player input has a large influence on the outcome of battles rather than just luck.

I'm really enjoying how you can actually win with good strategies. Starting from scratch I made it pas the Chapter 4 boss and at first I got wiped out then I retried and managed to win by using chains and positioning properly. The gacha so far is about pulling units which I enjoy more than RK in which you pull weapons for characters you don't have.

Is the best way to get XP those metal monsters? It seems it unlocks everyday?

I'm really enjoying how you can actually win with good strategies. Starting from scratch I made it pas the Chapter 4 boss and at first I got wiped out then I retried and managed to win by using chains and positioning properly. The gacha so far is about pulling units which I enjoy more than RK in which you pull weapons for characters you don't have.
There's actually a secondary Gacha for "Otomo/Companion"(somewhat like weapons), but it's horrible and not worth wasting energy on it yet.
Save energy for actual characters.
Is the best way to get XP those metal monsters? It seems it unlocks everyday?
Metal Zones are best leveling spots up to level 70.
Here's a schedule on when they pop up for each level tier:
Metal Zone!

While going through the story for the first time, you'll want to use each Metal Zones to max out levels before tackling new stages.

Vamphuntr

There's actually a secondary Gacha for "Otomo/Companion"(somewhat like weapons), but it's horrible and not worth wasting energy on it yet.
Save energy for actual characters.

Metal Zones are best leveling spots up to level 70.
Here's a schedule on when they pop up for each level tier:
Metal Zone!

While going through the story for the first time, you'll want to use each Metal Zones to max out levels before tackling new stages.

Thanks for this!

Xetherion

Haha, completely disagree with this.

Even while SBing and grinding the same stage hundreds of times I ended up trying to gradually become more and more efficient with my movements and I believe that actually made me much better at the game and moving my units.

Now with having been away for weeks from the game I feel so cumbersome while trying to move my units in WC.

Having a gacha game feature player skill progression like that is extremely rare and impressive.

Every stage has optimal movements for efficiency, and it only takes a couple runs to figure them out. Once you figure out those movements it's just repeating them over and over again. It's extremely repetitive and dull.

Top Bottom