• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker/Hironobu Sakaguchi's Terra Battle |OT| Season 2 has been unleashed!

duckroll

Sounds like Matsuno World is going to be worth the wait. Sakaguchi said that Matsuno created 4 chapters worth of a mini-story campaign, and it looks like they're going to roll it out soon-ish, with it being a brand new world map of its own linked from the normal world map. Mmmmmm.

Every stage has optimal movements for efficiency, and it only takes a couple runs to figure them out. Once you figure out those movements it's just repeating them over and over again. It's extremely repetitive and dull.

I guess the game is really boring if you're approaching it entirely from the min/max perspective where you're only interested in the "perfect" set up. It's way more fun if you change your party around as you play, try different stuff, and just enjoy it for what it is without worrying about having the ultimate party which you will never change and just grinding for the sake of grinding.

I think it's normal to play a lot less of the game once you've finished up all the content, or even just login to get the daily bonus and do the daily quest without spending any stamina. But I find that when there is new content released, it's still pretty damn fun to figure it out and see what it has to offer, and they've been doing a good job with most of the content even for high level post-game players.

duckroll

Huh, interesting. I figured it was going to be limited-time like previous events.

It doesn't seem like it's an "event" at all. It's a portal to another world, with a world map of its own, world map music of its own, and four chapter locations on the map, with multiple series of battles within each chapter, just like the story chapters. MATSUNO!!!!!

Visceir

I kinda wish they would have taken it a step even further and added exploration maps like FF Brave Exvius has just to make it feel completely mind blowing and fresh.

That'd be way too big of an endeavor for such a small company though and TB isn't probably worth that kind of resources for them anymore.

Curious what they're going to show on the new developer's stream for niconico, I'm guessing Matsuno world will be one of those things.

Falk

that puzzling face
I kinda wish they would have taken it a step even further and added exploration maps like FF Brave Exvius has just to make it feel completely mind blowing and fresh.

If they had the resources for that I'd rather take more gameplay content.

oh ho ho ho.

Visceir

If they had the resources for that I'd rather take more gameplay content.

oh ho ho ho.

I'm excited for Matsuno world but what I read from Tharos' datamined info kinda lowered the hype and made me just be like "oh, so it's more of the same again". There's only so much you can do with those 6 by 8 tiles and at this point I'd really want something revolutionary from them rather than just more of the same.

As I said, still looking forward to it though.

maybe the story will actually be worth reading this time around

While I thought the concept would be nice at first during beta, I found the walking around somewhat sluggish and felt tacky. You had to "drag" the character around instead of a touch and run. (unless they changed it at launch)

But even then, not sure if I'd actually want to run around a town/dungeon over clicking a menu while on my phone.

duckroll

I'm not really interested in having an exploration map in Terra Battle. It feels designed like a strategy rpg first and foremost, and those don't have exploration maps either. What I would like is to see more interesting stage gimmicks and progression mechanics. Stuff like what they've already experimented with - branching paths, hidden conditions, more triggers in battle which result in different behaviors from enemies, map obstacles which force the player to rethink movement strategies, etc.

Visceir

While I thought the concept would be nice at first during beta, I found the walking around somewhat sluggish and felt tacky. You had to "drag" the character around instead of a touch and run. (unless they changed it at launch)

But even then, not sure if I'd actually want to run around a town/dungeon over clicking a menu while on my phone.

More world building and being in that world would be awesome tho -- especially if it's Matsuno world! :eek:

Xetherion

I guess the game is really boring if you're approaching it entirely from the min/max perspective where you're only interested in the "perfect" set up. It's way more fun if you change your party around as you play, try different stuff, and just enjoy it for what it is without worrying about having the ultimate party which you will never change and just grinding for the sake of grinding.

I think it's normal to play a lot less of the game once you've finished up all the content, or even just login to get the daily bonus and do the daily quest without spending any stamina. But I find that when there is new content released, it's still pretty damn fun to figure it out and see what it has to offer, and they've been doing a good job with most of the content even for high level post-game players.

New content is fun, I agree. That's not what i'm talking about though. There are certain stages we have to run over and over again, like 6-8, 26-5, etc. Right now i'm running 23-4 to level up Amazora so I can recode her, and it's boring as hell. I switched to 23-4 from 20-1 because that was boring as hell and took forever. When i'm done i'll be going back to rebuilding my stock of metal tickets from 6-8, and that will be boring as hell.

Changing party line up is not possible in some cases, like now because I'm leveling Amazora and using Zamatha to carry her. Even when it is possible, it's discouraged by the SB system, as you'll never get any units to 100% SB if you're constantly switching them out.

Simply not playing the game is not a good solution, especially since I actually have things to do like leveling and item farming. It just shouldn't be so incredibly boring doing those things. Auto-loot would fix that. Endless dungeon with random floors and loot would be even better, but that's obviously going to require much development time.

Finalow

find people to co-op with and run the Eidolons (either A2 or C2) for exp, it's way less boring and much faster than 20-1 or 23-4, which aren't even the best stages for exp now, 32-7 gives more. hell, I'd have uninstalled this game from boredom if I had to level up every Z character to 90 in 20-1.

it's true that ''SBing'' means doing the same moves every time because you want to be efficient, and it does get boring. that's why MW changed 1-4/1-5 (which are the best stages for SBing) by making chapter 1 monsters having a random starting position.
so in a way you can do everything without the need to repeat the same movements over and over again. even 6-8 for tickets, do it in co-op with someone else and it surely will be less tedious.

find people to co-op with and run the Eidolons (either A2 or C2) for exp, it's way less boring and much faster than 20-1 or 23-4, which aren't even the best stages for exp now, 32-7 gives more.
20-1 with Gugba is still the best top exp spot, IMO.
Moreso than Chaos and 32-7.

Tremor skill 1-shots all stages.
5 min run for 250k exp (so 125k for the guy with Gugba)
No need to waste time looking for COOP carry partners.

With 1/2 stamina event, easy Z leveling there.

...but you need Gugba.

Xetherion

Coop is not an option because none of my friends like TB, and i mostly play in my spare time at work so i don't have time to find people on forums or something.

I'll have to check out 32-7 though.

And i actually have Gugba, but his SB is only 20% right now.

Finalow

well if/when you have time there usually is someone in the TB forum chat to co-op with. doesn't take much time to drop the room number in there and wait for someone to join

20-1 with Gugba is still the best top exp spot, IMO.
Moreso than Chaos and 32-7.

Tremor skill 1-shots all stages.
5 min run for 250k exp (so 125k for the guy with Gugba)
No need to waste time looking for COOP carry partners.

With 1/2 stamina event, easy Z leveling there.

...but you need Gugba.
if someone lends you Bonna and a Zmage you get around 300k in 32-7, granted that you know how to do the stage properly. even with Gugba 20-1 is still pretty slow, at this point I only care about what's faster instead of what's efficient, that's why I usually run C2 or A2.

duckroll

There's a Terra Battle Development Room stream on Niconico tomorrow! I wonder what they'll show! Will they reveal Matsuno World officially?! Will they reveal Kozaki's character?! Or will they just spent 50 minutes showing off the prototype Samatha figure and telling fans to preorder it now?!

HYPE!!!!

Finalow

so Last Story will be back, new PVP cup with mustaches (?), another useless S recode, then ???

1h45 minutes, lol.

ded game

I doubt they'll have Calista and Zael recodes, so maybe new TLS Otomo reward ?

So outside Mustache Cup, nothing new until The Last Story event ends.
(possibly end of January)

That's a long, long wait Sakaguchi.

duckroll

I wasn't paying a ton of attention but I think they did confirm it was an Companion drop being added to The Last Story. They're adding new conditions and a new ending route for it along with that, with more story. Otherwise it's going to be mostly the same I think. Definitely no recodes.

OMG Aero

Last Story event coming back, with new content, new ending, omg!!!!!
Yesssssssssssss.
The whole reason I started playing this game in the first place was because of the Last Story event, but I couldn't get to a high enough level to even stand a chance at it before it ended.

I just got Ellvern too, so that's nice.

Well not nice, because getting to 80 three times stinks and there's no sane way to get Helices still.

Spellcheck just taught me that the plural of helix is helices.

Finalow

PHEZPXL.jpg

he looks like a child so I suppose he's going to be available before child cup.

Finalow

I have Ellvern at 85% SB, and it took forever. -_-
I probably won't recode.

Metal tickets, Elixirs and Helixes day.
grind, grind, grind !
yeah you probably shouldn't recode him unless he gets a really good lambda.

mine is at 10% because I pulled him 2 times already, can't wait to recode, pull him again and start from 0%!

anaron

I can't believe how well the figures turned out. they're full-on statues!

have they announced how they're going to sell them/price?

Top Bottom