• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker/Hironobu Sakaguchi's Terra Battle |OT| Season 2 has been unleashed!

this new cup is going to be the RNG cup. should be fun, give it a try even if you don't like pvp.
Big time RNG.

Just had a game where I was losing, then the glitch dude popped up and confused his entire team. Easy win with my remaining guys, but I think he was pissed since he kept using the emote function.

Staab

I kinda hate the Sakaguchi cup...
Why do I always get tossed into perfect pincer positions ... ?
Is there something to it or why do I get confused / thrown to sleep 70% of the time and the enemy team almost never does ?

Finalow

I kinda hate the Sakaguchi cup...
Why do I always get tossed into perfect pincer positions ... ?
Is there something to it or why do I get confused / thrown to sleep 70% of the time and the enemy team almost never does ?
as mentioned above^

the RNG cup.

duckroll

Ooooh yeah. Got my Celestial Envoy. Don't have to worry about this event for a while now. Anyone know if there are story changes to the other ending routes as well? I feel like the text has gotten a total overhaul since the last time I played it, but it's been a while so I'm not sure if it really changed or if I'm misremembering.

OMG Aero

I don't suppose anyone knows if there's a way to get the story artwork without the text on top of it?
Some of the artwork in the Last Story event and the main story quests might make good wallpapers if it wasn't for the text on them.

Yay, free Christmas energy!
1224_kinosensei01-thumb-autox567-1579.png

duckroll

I don't suppose anyone knows if there's a way to get the story artwork without the text on top of it?
Some of the artwork in the Last Story event and the main story quests might make good wallpapers if it wasn't for the text on them.

I think all the assets are downloaded to your cache as you access them, and they stay there. If you know the image format the game uses, you can probably grab them from your phone's storage in the game's cache directory.

I think I'm giving up on getting the S-rank Versus companion, I can't seem to catch a break on any A-rank matches.

I *guess* I could actually build a team for it, but even if I can do better than what I've been using, I would be playing Terra Battle for most of my Christmas day.

Foolworm

I think I'm giving up on getting the S-rank Versus companion, I can't seem to catch a break on any A-rank matches.

I *guess* I could actually build a team for it, but even if I can do better than what I've been using, I would be playing Terra Battle for most of my Christmas day.

You mean you've been running matches with a random team? No wonder you're not climbing up the taking ladder, with the best I can muster I can make it to S league but no further. This cup had been terrible for me in terms of RNG.

You mean you've been running matches with a random team? No wonder you're not climbing up the taking ladder, with the best I can muster I can make it to S league but no further. This cup had been terrible for me in terms of RNG.
It's not random, it's actually my best "all purpose" team, but it obviously could've been retooled for versus (ex: more mages instead of my two big physical hitters).

Really, the major problem was that EVERY battle I got into was somebody with two or three Z mages.

Was finally able to clear 31-1. Need to work on a last story team. Any suggestions? My physical guys are being worked on but I'll have a high level suoh and camilla to play with because of coins.

correojon

Last week I forgot to log in and lost my 153 days streak :( It´s the second time it happens to me, the other time I lost a 150 day streak.

I´m a bit burned with the game, will probably wait for the PoT event and then uninstall it. Levelling up Zs is a bit boring and I´m not into PvP.

duckroll

Last week I forgot to log in and lost my 153 days streak :( It´s the second time it happens to me, the other time I lost a 150 day streak.

I´m a bit burned with the game, will probably wait for the PoT event and then uninstall it. Levelling up Zs is a bit boring and I´m not into PvP.

Matsuno World is coming!!!!

OMG Aero

Did the 10 pull event since I had 67 energy and I got:
Grace (B) (Already have)
Metupi (A) (Already have)
Samupi (A) (Already have)
Kana (A)
Jaguna (B) (Already have)
Ma'curi (B) (Already have)
Grace (B) (Already have)
Djugan (S) (Already have)
Zenzoze (B) (Already have)
Gatz (S) (Already have)

Considering all the other times I've done this event I got at least one SS character that could be recoded I guess my luck had to run out at some point.

duckroll

OMFG. I just did a YOLO 10 pull and..... I got a Unasag dupe TWICE!

And then....

- Grace (the starter I was missing!)

- Samupi (who?)

- Amina (lol, hope she gets a recode in future?!)

- PIZFER ^! MY FIRST RAINBOW PULL AND THE ONLY ELEMENTAL SS/Z MAGE I DON'T HAVE! OMG OMG OMG OMG. Once I recode Jennish My elemental Z mage army is comlpete! THANK YOU MISTWALKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Xetherion

Did a 10 pull and got all dupes, except Amazora and Samatha who are only technically "new" because i recoded them, and one actual new character... OLBER! Was kinda bummed one of my golds was a dupe, but getting the tank man makes up for it :D

I'm sitting out this one, despite having the energy.

I haven't coined Jaguna back to 100% from the recode and I've got two B/A characters that I use often at 90%+.

Xetherion

What does recoding do? I'm only on chapter 11. Lewto A AND palpa being my rarest. Have a couple As and grace.

Recoding evolves a unit basically. The unit becomes Z class, starts at level 1 in an entirely new job which is the only job they have, but they have access to all the skills from the 3 jobs of their lower class version, though they only have 1 skill slot to start. Note that this makes them broken for level-capped content as they can use Tera- level skills even at level 1.

There are a couple of bosses that can be captured from story chapters that can also be recoded, but they only become S class, and since they only had 1 job in their regular version, their recoded versions have 3 jobs, and the first job is basically the same as their old version.

A recoded unit keeps its current SB level and adds 1/5 of the SB level of the two monsters used to recode it. This means if the two monsters used to recode the unit were both at 100% SB, the recoded unit will gain +40% SB on top of whatever SB it already had.

Lucc

Got from one pull: Koko (Dupe and have Koko^, too), Amina (Dupe), then some A/B Chars, Invincible (First Z pull), Yukken (have Yukken^) and finally Samatha.

pretty crazy, 4 SS and 1 Z from a yolo 10x pull.

In my defence, the last 5 10x Pulls were pretty bad. Kind of happy with this. Need to level Samatha and recode now. First proper Lightning character.

Did one pull, Should have finished PoF before pulling, got a Jaguna. Gold tickets were new to me, Jennish, and Puprope.

Gonna try and save up about 200 EN while I work on Capping boost on some of these low tier guys.

duckroll

Recoded Jaguna yesterday, need 2 more Mantle Helixes to recode Jennish. Need another 5 Deepwater Helixes to recode Amazora but I think I can hold off on that for a while. Priority is to recode Jennish and then start leveling a Jennish^, Pizfer^, Jaguna^, and Amina team. Maybe I'll throw in Snaip and Samupi too. Expanding my options is always fun. Especially when there's almost nothing else to do. Gotta remember to grab another Celestial Envoy before the event ends though.

Staab

Awwww yisss !
Did a 10-pull right as I got 50 energy with the new year's celebration :
- Amissandra (SS sadly but eh, I'll take it!)
- Zeera (yay for coins !)
- garbage dupes

Pretty happy :D

Foolworm

Did my 10 pull after finishing Gaiga.

Dupes: Harold, Kem, Rzonand, Pahrl, Nakupi, Grace, Unasag

New: Opari, Ellvern, 36AIS

Opari was my last silver so I'm pretty happy about that.

what's this new final fantasy crossover they got going on
Those playing FF: Brave Exvius or Brave Frontier can get Samatha as a playable character.

There are no events in Terra Battle though.

So are they saying you can get the bahamut, leviathan, and Odin to join party? I've done a ton and never get crap.
Part 1 and Part 2 have lower chances to capture the monster.
Part 3 is 100%.

Once you capture him, Part 2 will start dropping Job2 material, and Part 3 will drop Job3 material.

duckroll

Sakaguchi's 2016 aspirations from Famitsu

Google translate makes it sound like Mistwalker is working on a new game in parallel with the Terra Battle updates.

Yeah he says that for 2016, they're looking to release big updates including Matsuno's bonus scenario stuff, and new developments in the game starting from chapter 35. But at the same time they have a new title in the pipeline, and Sakaguchi wants to explore something original with a brand new world setting.

But at the same time they have a new title in the pipeline, and Sakaguchi wants to explore something original with a brand new world setting.
Woah.
I want to assume console version, but if it's not TB related not sure...

Another mobile game would be crazy with their team.

Top Bottom