• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker/Hironobu Sakaguchi's Terra Battle |OT| Season 2 has been unleashed!

Hastati

Holy shit, it may have been mentioned/obvious from the Wiki, but I did NOT realize that there were character-character specific dialogues in this game! It's so cool that the profile for each character updates when you discover another character that they have affinity towards/know of in-fiction. I really hope they expand that through updates, even if they make it something unlockable through sidequests etc.

Zorbane

Neo Member
Holy shit, it may have been mentioned/obvious from the Wiki, but I did NOT realize that there were character-character specific dialogues in this game! It's so cool that the profile for each character updates when you discover another character that they have affinity towards/know of in-fiction. I really hope they expand that through updates, even if they make it something unlockable through sidequests etc.

Yeah it's pretty neat. There is also a lot of hanky panky that goes on between them :p

Mashing

LOL, I pulled Sheena from the free 5 energy I got it he mail. She probably has increased chance to appear, but it was still a pretty nice surprise. Now I just need metal zone to open.

My team:
Samatha the Spearmaiden, SS spear, LV 20
Puprope the Hope, SS Mage, LV 21
Sheena the Performer, SS sword, LV 10
Bahl the Dark Duelist, B sword, LV 21
Kuscah the Acolyte, B Healer, LV 21
Amazora the Airy, B sword, LV 21

I also have a LV 20 Beastfolk Warrior, LV 21 Dracorin and LV 18 Arachnobot (as well as archer and mage from tutorial)

Uthred

The new hunting zone, where you have 12 secs in total for it, seems to be fairly stingy with the old resources (doing the lvl 2 version)

Edit: Not that theyre fun in most of these games, but dupe recruits in this feel much worse, +5% and a level up just doesnt really feel that good

Nikokuno

Use iFunbox or iExplorer to delete savedata.bin from the game's documents folder so you can reroll without wasting bandwidth by deleting and reinstalling the game.

The OP really needs to be updated. -_-

You should mp the OT owner cause I think it's a great advice for iOS beginner too...

Ok that boss at the end of chapter 10 was a bitch. He can turn back time and fully heal himself. He managed to do it once but I wasn't about to let it happen again and I destroyed him.

Hastati

The new hunting zone, where you have 12 secs in total for it, seems to be fairly stingy with the old resources (doing the lvl 2 version)

Edit: Not that theyre fun in most of these games, but dupe recruits in this feel much worse, +5% and a level up just doesnt really feel that good

This is especially true if you roll an S or SS that you already have. In other games, you get to use the second copy, but here it's like your previous character blends that fresh golden ticket into a smoothie and drinks it for a quick pick me up. They should give you a dupe or something more enticing for rarer characters, especially if you just dropped 5 for one.

survivor

Banned
I keep getting that Arachnobot from the pact of fellowship, I don't even have a need for him since I got better swords users. Wish I was boosting some other character instead.

GeoGonzo

I killed the spider boss with only three (very wounded) characters left and not long aftet that I actually lost my first fight against the two dragons in a lava map, I think it was 7-10. I killed them on the second try but again with only three standing.

Game is starting to get trickier...

depths20XX

They should let you fuse dupe characters with any other character for an xp boost or something.

Loving this game though. I feel like a lot of the S or SS characters are mostly tech related (I don't have any SS) which is pretty cool in a way. They aren't even needed at the beginning.

The job system also allows you to use lower ranked characters as tech characters by setting their job abilities. Just really well thought out I feel like.

The ss characters seem to have some significant stats compared to b. Sheena has more attack at level 16 than my 28 B-Boy (thunder lizard who joins your team). Though I sort of wish the stats were separate from the design, there are some cool looking characters in the lower grades.

Had enough energy to roll for two characters. Drew Kana twice.

To the RNG,
ibnVB0tQPfchFz.gif

Sounds like people are getting into this. Brave Frontier has an event this week so I only downloaded but not played. Gonna dig in tonight.

iOS games are really making me want an ipad though instead of this ipod touch.

SUPARSTARX

I have my profile data after a system restore I had to perform due to some glitch in boot looping.

I can't get my data back with the information via data transfer. RIP my ch6 progress with two SS chars.

zulux21

This is especially true if you roll an S or SS that you already have. In other games, you get to use the second copy, but here it's like your previous character blends that fresh golden ticket into a smoothie and drinks it for a quick pick me up. They should give you a dupe or something more enticing for rarer characters, especially if you just dropped 5 for one.

no, just no... it might not be much of a boost, but I don't want to have to deal with a giant roster of dupe characters a few months from now. I love the idea of no roster limits that you have to spend energy on (like PAD has) and that I don't have to worry about dealing with paying attention to what I keep vs eat like in PAD. It also makes perfect sense that you can only have one of each unit as most of them are unique people and you shouldn't have a bunch of the same person around.

dang i need more spear users for chapter 6. my magic users have been dissapointing me lately with their lack of AOEs.

i wonder if they nerfed them

Hastati

no, just no... it might not be much of a boost, but I don't want to have to deal with a giant roster of dupe characters a few months from now. I love the idea of no roster limits that you have to spend energy on (like PAD has) and that I don't have to worry about dealing with paying attention to what I keep vs eat like in PAD. It also makes perfect sense that you can only have one of each unit as most of them are unique people and you shouldn't have a bunch of the same person around.

I agree that dupes don't make sense in the context of the story, and don't necessarily want them to have dupes. I just think a five percent boost with some xp isn't quite enough, but I'm sure they'll iron things out.

Edit: also yes the micromanaging in PAD drives me totally crazy. Hope to god they don't add that stuff in.

Uthred

I wonder is five energy on the eight day going to be a standard thing? One guaranteed roll per week more or less is pretty nice (Would be nicer if when I just used it I'd seen that sweet sweet gold, at least I got an A rank ;) )

Edit: The variety of "builds" based on the characters skills is intersting, the two mobs I got today have self heals and defensive stuff in place of more offensive stuff, once you add in the extra jobs and skill slots it offers a lot of customisation at both the individual and team level. So out the gate we should see a lot more variety than the usual "Oh you didnt roll X, Y or Z? lol2bad"

For what it's worth, I rolled a duplicate Gugba and he gained 5 levels instead of 1. Does that happen for all SS characters?

zulux21

I agree that dupes don't make sense in the context of the story, and don't necessarily want them to have dupes. I just think a five percent boost with some xp isn't quite enough, but I'm sure they'll iron things out.

Edit: also yes the micromanaging in PAD drives me totally crazy. Hope to god they don't add that stuff in.

we will have to see, I mean things are obviously still in testing. If I recall right the one pact used to be 8k gold instead of the 3k it is now (they changed that before I started though)

meow

played in the tin parade when I could today, got 14 of the rare tears and none of them are rainbow, which I need for half my team. :(

zulux21

played in the tin parade when I could today, got 14 of the rare tears and none of them are rainbow, which I need for half my team. :(

I suppose I should ask about these job things... from what I have gathered you use materials and money to advance your characters to their next job... at which time they can start learning a new set of skills, and you can slot previous skills in the skill slots below the new skills.

I am unsure if you can freely jump between jobs and if levels reset and what not, and if it's a good idea to increase a job as soon as you can.

SirKhalid

I suppose I should ask about these job things... from what I have gathered you use materials and money to advance your characters to their next job... at which time they can start learning a new set of skills, and you can slot previous skills in the skill slots below the new skills.

I am unsure if you can freely jump between jobs and if levels reset and what not, and if it's a good idea to increase a job as soon as you can.
Each job has a level and you can change the job whenever you want when you are outside of a dungeon. It's good to level every job to have more skills.

Burt

Had enough energy to roll for two characters. Drew Kana twice.

To the RNG,
ibnVB0tQPfchFz.gif
An A Mage? Don't know what you're complaining about. I've spent maybe 20 energy in the last 2 days, 3 B's and one A healer Kem that I didn't need. And, to add sting to it, he looks like a complete dumbass.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Nice, 5 free energy as a bonus for everyone since we reached +500k downloads :)

zulux21

Each job has a level and you can change the job whenever you want when you are outside of a dungeon. It's good to level every job to have more skills.

thanks for the response. I haven't quite got enough materials to do any job stuff yet and thus I wanted to make sure it worked the way I thought as it would really suck if I changed the job of my mage and suddenly he couldn't cast magic anymore.

meow

An A Mage? Don't know what you're complaining about. I've spent maybe 20 energy in the last 2 days, 3 B's and one A healer Kem that I didn't need. And, to add sting to it, he looks like a complete dumbass.

Can vouch that Kana is sucky, at least to low 20s. I haven't gotten further than that yet.

chrono01

Kanna gets megaheal on her second job at level 1.
Indeed. She's well worth leveling up.

Her third Job gets you Heal All, too. Granted it's only 30%, but it occurs pretty frequently. It stacks, in addition, to Mega Heal. There's also Reduce Life [1/3] at level 65, which would definitely help on bosses with a lot of HP.

Is there a limit to the number of characters you can have? Last two recruits have just been level ups for current party members...how can I fire some people?

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock

Kem is more of a tank I think, he only heals himself. So as long as he's attacking he's pretty much unstoppable.

Paltros

Downloaded this on Sunday and it's the only thing that has managed to steal away PAD playing time. Just wish the character movement was as fluid as in PAD, I've fumbled my path tracing more than once.

Indeed. She's well worth leveling up.

Her third Job gets you Heal All, too. Granted it's only 30%, but it occurs pretty frequently. It stacks, in addition, to Mega Heal. There's also Reduce Life [1/3] at level 65, which would definitely help on bosses with a lot of HP.
Apparently Reduce Life doesn't actually work on bosses, I guess it gets counted the same as other ailments.

Is there a limit to the number of characters you can have? Last two recruits have just been level ups for current party members...how can I fire some people?
There is no box limit, nor any way to remove a unit you've gotten. But once an unit's Boost rate reaches 100% the game won't give you any more dupes of it.

Visceir

I wonder is five energy on the eight day going to be a standard thing? One guaranteed roll per week more or less is pretty nice (Would be nicer if when I just used it I'd seen that sweet sweet gold, at least I got an A rank ;) )

There are login bonuses for the first 10 days and then there are login bonuses that are permanent and rotate on a 8-day cycle. Next time around you will only get 3 energy.

You can check out the bonuses in the wiki

Top Bottom